Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
April Fools: A "one off" show without.. Mick??
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:30

Gonna rethink this after the vehement opposition to the admittedly ridiculous far fetched notion and try to play it off as an April Fools joke. Good times.

Putting this out there to see what hardcore fans would think.

Of course, Mick's health is of the utmost importance right now, and thankfully all indications are he will make a full recovery and the show(s) will go on after recovery and rescheduling of the venues.

That being the most likely scenario right now, the only show that rescheduling isn't really feasible for is Jazz Fest (and maybe Burls Creek?).

From the Advocate as posted in the NO thread..
"Rolling Stones cancellation is the most devastating in Jazz Fest history"

"But who could possibly be an equivalent replacement for the Rolling Stones?"
[www.theadvocate.com]

Which brings me to my question..
What if The Rolling Stones (sans Mick) played the concert to fulfill contractual obligations etc.? I could see a show where Keith, Ronnie, Bernard, Sasha, et al share lead vocal responsibilities. And/or a "special guest" heavy concert with a variety of singers sitting in. A lot of performers will be in town already and many artists would jump at the opportunity to help Mick and the band out.

Sacrilege, I know, and fairly far fetched as well..
But if I had booked this trip mainly for this show, and they decided to do this as opposed to a replacement and/or no show at all, I could see getting excited about it. cool smiley

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 19:43 by bv.

Re: A "one off" show without.. Mick??
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:35

as suggested earlier… just get the New Barbarians up there! Karl could replace Bobby and Chuck Ian.smileys with beer

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:46

If they pulled out some deeper cuts and ditched some of the war horses I think it would be cool, especially as an oddity. Obviously will never happen haha.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 31, 2019 23:12

MisterDDDD

Of course, Mick's health is of the utmost importance right now, and thankfully all indications are he will make a full recovery and the show(s) will go on after recovery and rescheduling of the venues.

That being the most likely scenario right now, the only show that rescheduling isn't really feasible for is Jazz Fest (and maybe Burls Creek?).

[www.theadvocate.com]

What if The Rolling Stones (sans Mick) played the concert to fulfill contractual obligations etc.? I could see a show where Keith, Ronnie, Bernard, Sasha, et al share lead vocal responsibilities. And/or a "special guest" heavy concert with a variety of singers sitting in. A lot of performers will be in town already and many artists would jump at the opportunity to help Mick and the band out.

But if I had booked this trip mainly for this show, and they decided to do this as opposed to a replacement and/or no show at all, I could see getting excited about it. cool smiley

Gets my thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 23:31

no way. i dont want the band going down this route where would it stop.

no jagger, no stones.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:04

Maybe Axl Rose is free. Or Phil Cornwell.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:19

sandandglue

Adam Lambert lol lol lol

Date: April 1, 2019 00:51

sandandglue

I'm free winking smiley i do a brilliant Jagger at parties lol.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:57

With a bunch of guest vocalists.
I know, not going to happen.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 1, 2019 01:10

Why not the most obvious as lead singer replacement - Steven Tyler. He's always wanted to be MJ. The Stones, minus Jagger, could then bring out Adam Levine and Maroon 5 and everyone could jam together on "Moves Like Jagger". The crowd would go wild.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 1, 2019 01:10

Sorry if others disagree, but what I think is that these kinds of musings are right out of order. Leave the man be to recover in peace, FGS.

Date: April 1, 2019 01:21

Beast
Sorry if others disagree, but what I think is that these kinds of musings are right out of order. Leave the man be to recover in peace, FGS.

Well the latest news and pictures is showing Mick laughing and enjoying himself, he's not dying, he will be back for sure, so hopefully it's Ok to go on with the show, so to speak.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 1, 2019 01:24

keithsman
Beast

Well the latest news and pictures is showing Mick laughing and enjoying himself, he's not dying, he will be back for sure, so hopefully it's Ok to go on with the show, so to speak.

Exactly. Which goes to show that the question is premature.

Date: April 1, 2019 01:27

Beast

Point taken, but strongly, respectfully, disagree.

Lawd, he's out and about smiling, everyone is stating emphatically that he is expected to recover fully, including his doctors.. and we're supposed to not discuss the shows or?? There's a legit unique situation in NO, and batting ideas around for solutions, as they are likely doing or have done is pretty innocuous.

Apologies to those perhaps much more sensitive to the situation though.
I like most was worried sick, but much, much, more optimistic now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 01:31 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 1, 2019 01:33

Beast
keithsman
Beast

I just think that Mick will be involved and hopefully perform as best he can, sing obviously if his voice is good, add a couple of special guests and it gives something to the disappointed fans, a little taster until the postponed dates are rescheduled and performed.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:38

keithsman
Beast
keithsman
Beast

I just think that Mick will be involved and hopefully perform as best he can, sing obviously if his voice is good, add a couple of special guests and it gives something to the disappointed fans, a little taster until the postponed dates are rescheduled and performed.

Tbh I think this would be more the sort of show that wouldn't please anyone, including the band (nobody wants to perform at less than 100%, or give a diluted version of the Stones experience) and the disappointed fans who couldn't attend this show(s) and are still waiting for their own to be rescheduled. Obviously I don't think it would happen anyway, just fun to speculate about, but I think being patient and then getting the Stones back at top form is preferable.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:44

If they come up with this list maybe some are interested.................just to name a few grinning smiley

If not you can sell your ticked on the market

Bob Dylan / Brown sugar / Like a Rolling Stone
Stevie Wonder / She Is A Rainbow / Satisfaction
Paul McCartney / I wanna be your man / Ruby Tuesday
Van Morrison Wild Horses / Midnight Rambler
Steve Winwood / Under My thumb / Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Neil Young / Sweet Virginia / Dead Flowers
Elton John / As Tears Go By / Lady Jane
Eric Burdon / Paint It Black / Honky Tonk Woman
Tom Waits / What a drag / Who want Yesterdays Papers
Rod Stewart / Gimmi Shelter / Jumping Jack Flash
Reprise: All / You Can’t always Get what You want

B.t.w. I just hope Mick will recover quickly

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:49

as much as i hate it when Mick is well and they bring up a guest vocalist to duet -i imagine this would be the epitome of hell for me it they did a show like that -

get well soon Sir-

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:58

For New Orleans, I'm sure that singers from all the other bands playing the festival would love the opportunity to sing a song with the band.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 1, 2019 03:10

cowboytoast
as much as i hate it when Mick is well and they bring up a guest vocalist to duet -i imagine this would be the epitome of hell for me it they did a show like that -

get well soon Sir-

I'm not interested to go either it's just what will happen in the future.............

Date: April 1, 2019 03:34

NICOS
cowboytoast

get well soon Sir-

I'm not interested to go either it's just what will happen in the future.............

Nah, would never happen like that in the future.

This is just a hypothetical option to honor contractual obligations which otherwise couldn't be, where tickets were sold and bundled into event packages making it very difficult to undo.

I get most wouldn't want special guests, just as most don't now, hence the hypothetical choice between the band doing the honors, or the idea of guests joining in. In part I was thinking of the Vegas show after Mick was stricken with vocal issues and how the band really rallied on his behalf at that show. The love and wanting to help him through it was palpable.

End of the day, I land in the "no jagger, no stones" camp, but done the right way, with Mick's blessings, it could be a very interesting if not amazing set.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: April 1, 2019 03:41

I find it distasteful to even think about using some two bit guy to replace mick,
I mean the news of his illness not even 24hours old and you bring this crap up.

So let me see if say Keith falls ill, the stones will use another guitarist.

I don't think so and where we gonna find a guitarist that fluffs his chords and
Screws the solos up...lol

Nah if mick or Keith or even Charlie are unwell the stones won't roll.
And I would say that would be how the stones themselves think.

Date: April 1, 2019 03:49

terry
I find it distasteful to even think about using some two bit guy to replace mick,

I am not sure where all this comes from, and not sure how to delete thread for those still in mourning over Mick's injury. I'm as big a fan of Mick's as you'll meet, and the question was purely based on a desire to see if the band could rally to honor their obligations with Mick's blessings The notion that it disrespects Mick in any way in his time of injury is ridiculous. jfc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 04:17 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 1, 2019 03:57

If they don't perfom as The Rolling Stones and it will be Keith and Ron with a couple of friends like Darryl and Jordan and they will play two or three Stones songs, but for the most part solo stuff then it will be ok, but not as The Stones and playing Stones songs only, just without Mick. No way!

Date: April 1, 2019 04:05

Beast

For those that read the link and are following along, it's not only not premature but one that has to be addressed by them before he can "recover in peace eye rolling smiley".

People and organizers are speculating on and actively seeking a replacement, the suggestion was The Rolling Stones replace The Rolling Stones. Crazy, I know.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 1, 2019 04:41

MisterDDDD
terry

I am not sure where all this comes from, and not sure how to delete thread for those still in mourning over Mick's injury. I'm as big a fan of Mick's as you'll meet, and the question was purely based on a desire to see if the band could rally to honor their obligations with Mick's blessings The notion that it disrespects Mick in any way in his time of injury is ridiculous. jfc.

Is this a muppet show or what? The band without Mick simply cannot honor their obligations, no matter how hard they try or "rally". 99,99 % of the audience would feel cheated, and that leaves maybe a handful of "fans" who are interested in seeing such a curiosity cabinet live on stage and at full price at that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 04:44 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2019 04:44

The Stones without Mick?

I say no.

Make that a HELL NO!!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 1, 2019 04:47

MisterDDDD

[www.theadvocate.com]

The money for Jazz Fest is the least of the Stones' concerns - they're not renting out a stadium for 3 days to set up the stage etc, play, take down the stage etc (hotels, food, laundry, press and whatever the hell else).

I get your...enthusiasm. But it's beyond far fetched. With the Stones, it's either all or none.

To my knowledge, always has been that way, will never change.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 1, 2019 05:21

oh just throw a lot of feathers on a chair and show gramps your Solomon Burke fan pictures. I mean the feathers would get him hobbling over for sure.
Throw some sparkly shit around 'em and he'll be making a nest like a husky in a blizzard. he wasn't lifting weights with his throat. ok nice grin; you don't have to be a monkey to join the other junkies that's not really true i mean you love to sing the blues. did gramps lips be liftin' weights too?
wait a second, we're talking about Mick Jagger.
He's probably got little magnetized weights or something; that rubber legged boy is also rubber lipped. probs we ain't heard the real story; we ain't heard nothin' really too much; they are faxing me the xrays ; i ordered an mri, why do i have to do everything every time one of the drives a skidoo up a tree head-first.
why?
ok, keith didn't let brain surgery stop the tour;
that's a pretty heavy hand, Mick. i mean the keithists are throwin' parties, boy.
sure mikey, beat that. keith's all, hey mate if you need any cutting i brought the blss
shut up keith
you first darling
my leg hurts
good

they are back to normal folks, i've close contacts ; very close contacts.
a degree away from All the Real Action. thing is, they won't talk to me,
okay ...fine.

that's quite the gauntlet though.
uh hope you feel better darling, uh, when i had brain surgery and we, remember Mick, and we what mick. we finished the what mick? it rhymes with the floor
and starts with a ..
shut up keith
not likely darling

--------------------------------

channeling by hopsfucious

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 05:58 by hopkins.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 1, 2019 05:41

micks all thinking; "hmmm, we could book a theater tour;
it would be a one-off; very special cause i'd be sitting
Keith could sit too; we all could sit charlie's already sitting
don't remind me, he's not a Stone but yeh he's sits too do we have to bring him?
if we sat on the same mike people would go nuts; they are already nuts
no discount on the meet and greets...
okay; this works out financially too ...let's see., i can do this stuff in my head, jumpin jack calculator hawww, okay... add the zero...okay divide by...
oh boy...we already own those friggin' screens, show a picture of me dancing that should get them friggin' weeping; i still got it boy i still got it...
ok we charge 6 thousand a seat for the back row and work up toward the stage...wait a minute; we can get an 'angle' charge; i just made that up
; note to self, 'angle charge' get my assistant in here; no a real one...
siri keeps singing when the whip comes down and it's scaring the bejeezus out of me; i'm a star i hire people to be afraid wtf...i'm down but not out. we can do dis..."

----
channeling by hopsfucious

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 05:43 by hopkins.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home