Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rolling Stones Movie - How would you do it
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 16, 2019 18:38

I would have to start with the Rock's house and start with memorabilia that even beats the Library of Congress Collection.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 16, 2019 18:59

That's easy for me to answer , the way I would do it is like a day in the world of the Rolling Stones while on tour of course because there private life and off the clock time is private as it should be . So in my movie show them getting up in the morning/afternoon/evening and then preparing for the day ahead including the concert and show everything that goes into what it takes for the Rolling Stones to prepare for that days concert and include the concert as well and if the Stones want to say a few words for the movie that would be even better .

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: April 16, 2019 20:46

The first half of the movie would be about the mid 60's, and the second half would chronicle the turbulent year of 1967 and end with the redemption of JJF and BB.

First scene would be Keith dreaming the riff to Satisfaction, which would then evolve into the song of the opening credits.

Final scene would be the JJF video and the closing credits would either be accompanied by SFM or SFTD.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 17, 2019 14:58

I don't think I'd make a RS movie, but I believe I'd prefer to use their music as sound-track of the great changes in society and landmark moments in history, between 1963 and today. I'm thinking of songs like
Satisfaction
Let's Spend The Night Together
Street Fightin Man
Sympathy For The Devil
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Out Of Control
etc etc
IMO, Luca

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 17, 2019 20:42

Face it, any movie about the Stones would focus on Mick, 90% of the time, like those videos from the 60s where you're dying to see Keith or Brian's guitar work and all you get is a close up zoom of Mick singing. Harry Stiles looked enough like the young Jagger.

All the other Stones would be background. That's how a general audience would like it, just as those people that still pay to see the group just want all the hits.

Personally I think an expanded Crossfire Hurricane would be good. As a bonus feature I would love to hear more of the interviews, especially Bill. And it's silly to say the Stones peaked at Altamont, and were not part of history after. They were the most sizzling act on the planet after the Beatles folded, and remained 'relevant' through at least Some Girls. Hell, the National Enquirer (is that sold outside the States? It's a gossip rag) couldn't get enough of them during Toronto in '77 with Margaret Trudeau, and Keith's bust.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 17, 2019 20:49

if a movie was to be done, and ok its possible it could work, would have its critics no doubt, but they could do a several part series instead of a one off movie, theres to much of the stones that would fit into 2-3 hours.

what about a 7 part series, 1 hour each.

could be broken down as such

1. the formation and early years
2. 60,s success and the greatest rock and roll band in the world
3. a new begining abroad,
4. rolling through the 70,s
5. albums, gigs and fall out.
6. revival, 90,s and 2000,s
7. gaining momentum and no stopping

they could use the same template that was used for the film stoned, i know a lot of people dismissed stoned but it was interesting if not completely accurate.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 17, 2019 20:58

I thought a big problem with Stoned was that the Actors didn't seem believable.
An honourable exception was the always dependable Paddy Considine who played the part of the murderer....oops, sorry, builder.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: April 17, 2019 21:52

I could see Rupert Grint playing an age 27-34 Mick Jagger.

Not sure who would play Keith. Not Depp for sure

Date: April 18, 2019 05:24

I'm (for the most part) against a Stones movie, but here are my two cents.

A few years back, there were rumours floating around that Harry Styles was slated to play Mick in an upcoming Stones flick and I cannot express how hyped I was! Now, though, it seems that that plan has been altogether scrapped.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 19, 2019 07:22

I would love to see a film about their time in France making Exile, as depicted in Tony Sanchez' and Robert Greenfield's books. Atmospheric and dramatic, awash with drugs, guns, decadence.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 19, 2019 11:25

SKILLS

There's a potential Stones movie out there, it's just how would you do it, as a Film Maker i'd look at something like this, pick an era, so first up i'd suggest would be.

If it's gonna be a Stones-Documentary, then the Austrian Film-Makers Rudi Dolezal & Hannes Rossacher (DoRo Productions) have it done nicely several times for the German Broadcasters VIVA (Jam) and Arte (Let it Bleed) - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 11:46

I am fully in line with emotionalbarbecue and Rockman. Impossible to make a truly authentic movie and yes, (Rockman!) we're are part of an incredible ongoing movie!
smileys with beer

Date: April 19, 2019 12:20

The only way a good Stones movie will ever be made is with unseen footage from the band's own vaults. It would be great to weave some kind of story together, the way the Maysles Bros did it for Gimme Shelter, but doit for the '70 tour. In the old Dalton book, he has along essay on the '70 tour with a bit of a storyline. A kind of paranoia about them being targeted by the law; and the dog Boogie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 14:41 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 13:24

I think a movie shouldn't do the job of an actual documentary and cover the whole history of the band but depict parts of the legend. Like Walk the Line didn't cover Cash's whole journey.

For me that would either be Dartford to Hyde Park or Hyde Park to Exile with Scorsese being my choice for director...

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 8, 2020 21:38

I think it should be 2 movies

Part One: The Rolling Stones: Paint It Black
It has Mick and Keith in school, the formation of the band, the road to succes, and the Redlands bust and Mick and Keith in jail

Part Two: The Rolling Stones: Exiles on Main Street
It has the death of Brian, Mick Taylor coming and going, Ronnie, the new succes with Some Girls, and it ends with the 1981/82 tour

Maybe Brians death should be in the first movie though

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-08 21:40 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 8, 2020 21:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-08 21:39 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: October 8, 2020 22:47

A couple of years ago there was talk about a Stones Broadway play. I do not know what happened to that rumor.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 8, 2020 23:14

Given that GIMME SHELTER is such a revealing documentary, a good place to start would be 1970 with the Stones getting out from Decca, forming their own label via Atlantic, the logo, and of course, the rest of the work that went into creating STICKY FINGERS and EXILE, a little bit about their time in France, and the trouble they had with taxes forcing them elsewhere, and the down time of GOATS HEAD SOUP and IORR.

The last quarter could be about the evolution, with Taylor leaving and Ronnie coming in, with the two tours and a quick nod to MADE IN THE SHADE and BLACK AND BLUE, and finish it with the run of SOME GIRLS - REWIND, ending with the culmination of their creativity and the established stadium tour future.

There is no need for anything beyond 1984.

Date: October 9, 2020 00:03

I think there are already enough documentaries and such already but I am sure someone will come up with something else that most of on here will not watch.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 9, 2020 00:50

More interesting to me is the idea of making a movie from a song.
There are some great songs from great artists that could be made into a movie.
Tweeter and the monkey man by the travelling wilburys could be a great movie.

Nate

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 9, 2020 05:00

Nate
More interesting to me is the idea of making a movie from a song.
There are some great songs from great artists that could be made into a movie.
Tweeter and the monkey man by the travelling wilburys could be a great movie.

Nate

Well, that is a much more interesting idea. The first thing that came to my mind:

Midnight Rambler.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home