Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:00

I’ve got a massive headache, but I’m trying to think of nurse jokes / I look good in white...I’ll find the outfit if it’d cheer Mick up...just doing my part.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:07

grzegorz67
Whenever I book foreign travels to see live music, which I do every year , I always choose destinations I’d like to visit anyway, whether the concert actually takes place or not. I certainly won’t be wasting my booking, most of which is non refundable.

Mick is a force of nature, still being able to do all he does at his age. But he’s mere flesh and blood like everyone else. For whatever treatment he’s getting, and it is a private matter, he’ll need more rest and recuperation than most of the rest of us, approaching 76 years old. Take all the rest you need Mick. There is nothing more important than health.

Likewise, I'm traveling from Australia and while it's sad that I won't get to see the Rolling Stones as planned I still look forward to a great holiday. Fingers crossed Mick recovers quickly!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:10

Snab
Interesting article:

[pagesix.com]

“This is not a serious thing,” a source close to the band insisted, noting that fans should hold onto their tickets because The Stones are “in the process of rebooking” the 17 scrapped dates of their “No Filter” tour."

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:26

35love
I’ve got a massive headache, but I’m trying to think of nurse jokes / I look good in white...I’ll find the outfit if it’d cheer Mick up...just doing my part.

*I have another joke and it’s actually funny because it’s true,
however XXX and not appropriate.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:27

vasectomy? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:29

Snab
Interesting article:

[pagesix.com]

'A music industry source said doctors discovered the problem when Jagger underwent a pre-tour check-up.
The source said doctors “found something” that required “immediate attention” and told the singer he needed treatment at a US hospital'.

Hmmm....something that needs immediate attention at a US hospital...

Whatever it is..GET WELL MICK!!!

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:39

Any news?

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:44

CJFP
Any news?

I think those in the know were waiting for you to ask so they could spill everything they know. Great work.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:05

Mick will be fine.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:06

I think if it's a month-ish delay they may keep some dates the same and put the early tour dates to the back. Does this make sense?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:07

Hearing that from you actually really relieves me now. thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:10

J.J.Flash
I think if it's a month-ish delay they may keep some dates the same and put the early tour dates to the back. Does this make sense?

always that possibility, but if it were possible they probably wouldn't have postponed the entire tour.

Lots of people will cancel their travel plans if they can so it would be brutal to cancel everything and find out that the show IS actually on.

I'd guess they'll wait until after summer.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:15

J.J.Flash

That suggestion's already been made several times. Mick is 76 in July and much as we all like to believe he's superhuman, he really isn't. He will have been advised by his doctors on when he's likely to be able to return, and if the whole tour's been postponed , then it's clearly a multiple of months. He most certainly will make doubly certain he's fully recovered before resuming.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:25

Saw something on FB, someone said something about prostate cancer, but they may've well as have been talking about how they know how to extract gold from recycled beer cans.

I didn't laugh, because it's a pretty common thing the past 20 years or so, and it's not necessarily something that would sideline someone, but I did think it's profoundly preposterous considering nothing officially has been said.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:25

I believe he's getting medical care in the US. I hope it's not in Florida...just sayin.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:35

just read this, im shocked.

get well soon mick.

Date: March 31, 2019 04:41

I don't believe prostate cancer would need immediate attention...especially at his age. I think it may be his heart. Maybe he needs a bypass or stents. Love him and hoping for a speedy recovery. He's in terrific shape and this will only help in his recuperation.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:43

It is 3:45 am in France and I can't sleep, I am very worried about all that. I don't care about my tickets and the trip that I just lost but what really worries me is WHY did they postpone the ENTIRE tour, including the last date that was originally planned in June 29? It is in 3 months... I really hope that I am wrong but this doesn't seem normal. They postponed 17 dates!! When was the last time they postponed that many shows?

I really hope Mick will get better, I don't care if I will never see the Stones again. They gave me 29 years of happiness and their music is eternal.

Benjamin.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 04:45 by benstones.

Posted by: Snab ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:47

Some more information:

[www.google.com]

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:55

Until official details are released...assuming that someone, somewhere, eventually speaks...all that's left is pure speculation. I'm no doctor...and I don't play one on TV...but there are many possible scenarios that may have led to the postponement: a viral infection, an irregular heartbeat, low blood count, muscle strain/tear, etc. Who knows? But based upon the info that's been provided thus far, it appears to be a short-term thing (assuming 'it' responds to the prescribed treatment) and the overall mood, beyond the initial shock and disappointment, is optimistic.

Question is, going forward...will this have any impact on Mick's energy/activity level once he returns to performing? Will the set list get trimmed? Will the show's pacing get tweaked? Will Mick be forced to restrict his movement on stage? Again...all speculative...but I'm sure people will be anxious to see how this all plays out when the time comes.

And in response to an earlier comment alluding to a "seated Mick Jagger"...that ain't gonna happen. This isn't Muddy Waters, this isn't John Lee Hooker, this isn't Howlin' Wolf; it's Mick Jagger, the greatest front man ever. If it comes down to appearing on stage in a chair, Mick will simply call it quits.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:55

Snab
Some more information:

[www.google.com]

Nothing we didn’t know there.

My main concern is mostly Mick’s health, and secondarily the speculation that has now inevitably started proliferating given the vagueness of the announcement. I’m torn—I totally support his right to privacy, while at the same time I can’t help thinking that if they’d given a few more details, it might have shut down some of the more alarmist stories.

Date: March 31, 2019 05:10

steffialicia
I believe he's getting medical care in the US. I hope it's not in Florida...just sayin.

You're just sayin... that you hope he doesn't get treatment in Florida.

Which means what? You're 'just sayin' negates that entire statement, yet alone is outright ignorant.

Date: March 31, 2019 05:15

GasLightStreet
steffialicia

You're just sayin... that you hope he doesn't get treatment in Florida.

Which means what? You're 'just sayin' negates that entire statement, yet alone is outright ignorant.

Say what? I now live in Florida and I am not impressed with the medical care here, got it?

Date: March 31, 2019 05:16

It may be something similar to what happened to Bono in 2010.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:22

I would like to think this is not the first insurance check up for this tour

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:27

The recent report is that the doctor found something that requires surgery and 12 weeks to recover. That sounds plausible and fits the situation, but it hasn't been verified.

The sudden discovery, urgency that required postponing a major tour, surgery and 12 weeks recovery could be something like a stent.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:34

snorton
I would like to think this is not the first insurance check up for this tour

Yes Certainly there was a checkup prior to booking the tour and reserving venues.
This should mean whatever the problematic results might be - the problem was
detected early and can be successfully treated. Keep a positive thought...

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:35

Sending everything positive to Mick and hoping that we all get to enjoy and appreciate this mans talent when he is able to. Whatever the situation is, he no doubt will have the best medical professionals available and combined with the love and support of his family, friends and fans, will make a full recovery.

Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:35

Rolling Stones tour delay as Mick Jagger injured

Sources told The Sunday Times: “Sir Mick has suffered a physical injury as a result of his strenuous pre-tour exercise regime.” He is recuperating in the Caribbean.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:50

Daily mirror says tour is canceled and mick needs surgery and at least 3 months to rehab anyone else have news?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home