Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 21:46

But livefromuk indicated that Philly is going to be end of JULY.
That means after NJ, Chicago, Toronto there is a 3 week window with Foxborough and Landover the only "missing" East coast shows (except Florida)...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 22:07

They don't have to do them in a row. If you look at the past tours they always had big gaps between shows in the same region. In London last year the even came back to the same city after a month. I hope this ist true BV. Fingers crossed for a Boston Opener!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 4, 2019 22:27

Given that New Orleans is likely off the itinerary and they may want an extra show or two to cover rescheduling costs, I wonder if we could get a new city or two. Hoping for a St. Louis date and a tribute to Chuck Berry.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 22:28

hockenheim95
They don't have to do them in a row. If you look at the past tours they always had big gaps between shows in the same region. In London last year the even came back to the same city after a month. I hope this ist true BV. Fingers crossed for a Boston Opener!

Not really a fair comparison. Distances are much shorter here in the UK with motorways connecting all the venue cities. Distances in the US are vast! Not sure if they can airlift some or all of their kit.

Date: May 4, 2019 22:36

bv
Nellcote1971
bv
livefromuk
Just to clarify, philly would be late July.

That makes sense as there have been talks about keeping the Chi dates as well as some of the ones before that too.

BV, has there been talk to specifically keep the original NJ dates?

Yes.

Wow, I’m pleasantly stunned. You’re right much more often than not about these things Bjornulf so fingers crossed. You’ve said they need 3 weeks to rehearse so in order to be ready for NJ on 13 June, rehearsals would have to start around 23rd May. For Foxboro, it would be 18th May, 2 weeks today! Surely Foxboro isn’t up for reinstatement to the original date too?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 4, 2019 22:59

In the USA today, TV cable channel AXS
is having a RS marathon
Bobby Keys, OLE OLE OLE, Crossfire Hurricane, etc.
Keith Richards on the street in NYC.
IT’s looking good!!!

Date: May 4, 2019 23:27

‘Totally Stripped’ on USA AXS channel now...
‘Can’t Get Next To You Girl’
‘Far Away Eyes’ sung rather straight
‘Like A Rolling Stone’
LOVE TOTALLY STRIPPED

Date: May 4, 2019 23:55

grzegorz67
bv
Nellcote1971
bv
livefromuk
Just to clarify, philly would be late July.

That makes sense as there have been talks about keeping the Chi dates as well as some of the ones before that too.

BV, has there been talk to specifically keep the original NJ dates?

Yes.

Wow, I’m pleasantly stunned. You’re right much more often than not about these things Bjornulf so fingers crossed. You’ve said they need 3 weeks to rehearse so in order to be ready for NJ on 13 June, rehearsals would have to start around 23rd May. For Foxboro, it would be 18th May, 2 weeks today! Surely Foxboro isn’t up for reinstatement to the original date too?

BV. Any talk of Denver original date being held?

Date: May 5, 2019 00:27

“You Just Scored Tickets to The Rolling Stones: 2019 No Filter Tour - Postponed”

Yeah baby, I repurchased
LET’S GO ROLLING STONES!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 5, 2019 00:27

Tour start mid June at the earliest. No earlier dates may be used for a rescheduled tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 5, 2019 00:36

bv
Tour start mid June at the earliest. No earlier dates may be used for a rescheduled tour.
Any word on when it will be confirmed?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 5, 2019 00:52

sarahunwin
35love
timbernardis
35love
“If they are going to continue playing stadiums, he kinda "has to" run around or he loses the crowd (which I do think he cares about).”

Disagree. The ‘No Filter’ tours have 4 HUGE SCREENS that everyone, no matter where you are really, ends up looking to - PIT people are craning their necks for whomever is there, or screen gazing.
The band seems to play close together in a smaller area.
No running anywhere is necessary, IMO.
Standing in place here and there while shaking a groove thing —. Yeah, need that.

Disagree. I have been the pit 4 times in the last 19 months, 3 of those on the rail. I watched the band close up and mostly looked at the band directly. I watched them on the screens a bit, but only a very little.

plexi

In my humble opinion,
YOU WERE ON THE RAIL DUDE.
3 out of 4 times.
The holy rail (grail)
>grinning smiley<

We had fun on that rail, did we not plexi?! Hope for six more times at the rail when the shows resume.......... take time Sir Mick, be well.

Yes, we did! Paris 3, October 25th, 2017 if memory serves. I think that was the first time I had ever been in the front row after 50 previous shows going back to '75. Then 7 months later, I did it again, twice. I have some pics of you and I at Paris 3.

plexi

Date: May 5, 2019 00:56

Hairball
As for Cirque de Soleil being there, they take up a very small portion of the parking lot with a tent so not a problem, and it would add to the circus like atmosphere of seeing the Stones in a massive stadium.

Well, if that's the case Hairball, we could have The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus II.

plexi

Date: May 5, 2019 01:02

Send It To me
Hoping for a St. Louis date and a tribute to Chuck Berry.

That would be nice. I mean, not so much St. Louis, but how about a Chuck Berry set at every show? Why have they not done this yet on the No Filter tour, given how HUGE an influence he was on them!! Not even a single Chuck song! Well, dreaming here, but this will be the first American tour since the King passed, he is from America, so this would be the perfect time to do this!

plexi

Date: May 5, 2019 01:06

bv

I do love it when you drop us all these cryptic clues grinning smiley. Mid June can only mean NJ, with original dates restored, A NJ start would have plenty of fanfare and publicity. Mick and Keith both own properties nearby.

Date: May 5, 2019 01:12

That would be nice, but I really think Mick should not go on stage til next year. With something this serious, he ought to play it conservatively, just to be sure. But if he does, I will be there. I will be there whenever it is. May have to cancel my planned trips in late June and early July to DC, New Zealand and hopefully Australia to visit Rockman.

plexi

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 5, 2019 03:15

bv
As long as it doesn't start on west coast mid June! My daughter is getting married June 14 in San Diego. It would be the one date I couldn't make, plus the day before. We have tickets for Rose Bowl, plus LDs for Santa Clara. We are hoping to get LDs for Seattle too. A tense exciting time waiting for new dates. The thrill of being a Stones fan!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 5, 2019 05:19

So tour is mid June to midAug. Would like to see the west shows in July then back to east to finish.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 5, 2019 05:28

timbernardis
That would be nice, but I really think Mick should not go on stage til next year. With something this serious, he ought to play it conservatively, just to be sure. But if he does, I will be there. I will be there whenever it is. May have to cancel my planned trips in late June and early July to DC, New Zealand and hopefully Australia to visit Rockman.

plexi

I'm inclined to agree. At the very earliest, October...

Date: May 5, 2019 06:54

steffialicia
timbernardis

plexi

Hot fun in the summertime Steff. You know Mick’s not gonna do anything but the
Very Best and Right Decision.
Hand of Fate.
Got me some tickets and I’m raring to go :-)
ETA: uh-oh I should know by now it NEVER is stress free just realized my new tickets are non refundable oops
But I’m keeping the faith!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-05 07:10 by 35love.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 5, 2019 09:46

ohmercy61
They better hurry up and get this tour rescheduled this year .those pics of Keith from the daily mail man Keith looks rough .I know he is 75 in all seriousness I love Keith but time is definitely not on his side.

Said anyone, at anytime, since 1973...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 5, 2019 09:53

bv

My interpretation is if the tour begins in Chicago or NJ,
the original dates may not be the same as the rescheduled dates for Chicago
or NJ. I might be wrong though...Since it may simply indicate no earlier dates
than mid June are possible.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: May 5, 2019 11:49

I think if the tour starts in NJ or Chicago it will definitely be the original dates. The worst thing for any fan would be (no matter of living locally or travelling from abroad) to miss out on the concert because of 1-2 weeks, which would be the case if they play NJ or Chicago in early July.

This could be the reason why Philly is now slated for late July as well, as they could head West (or wherever) first and than return East, making it almost two months after the original date.

Of course this could be complete nonsense as well... just announce something!

Date: May 5, 2019 12:34

Nothing is slated "for late July" or slated for any date at all. And I can hardly believe that they would announce the rescheduled tour one month to begin the very next month. It doesn't make sense for any number of reasons.

plexi

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 5, 2019 13:15

timbernardis

plexi

It's a bit soon .. but next year is a long way off... far too long if he recovers nicely. Doctors 'want' one to resume their usual life style as quickly as they recover fully. with Micks good health at this age within six weeks he will be 100%. Waiting for an extended period of time would hurt Mick more than
if he got back to doing shows. Being active is part of staying healthy ..

Ian

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 5, 2019 15:55

swimtothemoon
bv

My interpretation is if the tour begins in Chicago or NJ,
the original dates may not be the same as the rescheduled dates for Chicago
or NJ. I might be wrong though...Since it may simply indicate no earlier dates
than mid June are possible.

I think BV was responding to the people that asked about a Boston opener, essentially saying nothing before mid June meaning no Boston opener in early June and rescheduled NJ, Chicago, and Canada might be on the same dates as the original dates.

Date: May 5, 2019 16:52

steffialicia
timbernardis

plexi

Me too. However I fully trust Mick's Doctors know what they're doing and if he has clearance from them to perform 2 hour shows then I'm happy to go with that. The Insurer will have their own Doctors too and they must be happy.

Date: May 5, 2019 19:27

Sunday .02 cents from the peanut gallery:

IMO, It would be nice to have the stage go old school rectangle gym size
for all.

Keeping the faith! Hope’s alive!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 5, 2019 20:39

Nellcote1971
I think if the tour starts in NJ or Chicago it will definitely be the original dates. The worst thing for any fan would be (no matter of living locally or travelling from abroad) to miss out on the concert because of 1-2 weeks, which would be the case if they play NJ or Chicago in early July.

This could be the reason why Philly is now slated for late July as well, as they could head West (or wherever) first and than return East, making it almost two months after the original date.

Conversely, many fans have now made other plans for the original dates and IMO it would be extremely lame and disrespectful of the fan base to play any shows on the original dates. This is prime time summer weekends and folks move on when you tell them something is “postponed.” Words mean things, and in this case postponed means not on the original date.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-05 20:42 by Woz.

Posted by: Fishstain ()
Date: May 5, 2019 21:06

Woz
Nellcote1971

Conversely, many fans have now made other plans for the original dates and IMO it would be extremely lame and disrespectful of the fan base to play any shows on the original dates. This is prime time summer weekends and folks move on when you tell them something is “postponed.” Words mean things, and in this case postponed means not on the original date.

Completely disagree. We’re coming over from the UK. Flights and hotels not changeable. It’s a one off for us and I suspect, many others. We’ve kept our tickets just in case and it would be hugely frustrating if they were able to play those dates and didn’t.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home