Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2019 07:21

daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
bv
SomeTorontoGirl
Bjornulf, at least you will be home for strawberry season. winking smiley

Strawberry season in Norway is from mid June to Mid July. If they are ready for touring as expected, some time mid June, then I will not be having a single Norwegian fresh strawberry this year.

We got some good ones in California too. Watsonville is not that far from Santa Clara.

And if anyone likes garlic smiling smiley, there's Gilroy "the garlic capital of the world" which is also pretty close to Santa Clara.
Home of the annual Garlic Festival (which I've never been to yet), this years dates are July 26, 27, and 28 which could possibly coincide nicely with any possible rescheduled dates.
Strawberries, garlic, and the Rolling Stones - hope it happens!

Best food at any festival I have been too. The garlic calamari is out of control. Plan on eating and watching food being cooked. It is pretty amazing.

Nice, will try to make it some day. I've heard great things about garlic ice cream! smiling smiley

As for strawberries, we have them everywhere down here in Ventura County seemingly year around. In fact the annual California Strawberry Festival starts in a couple of weeks here - May 17, 18, and 19.
Coincidentally that's the same weekend we were supposed to be seeing the Stones in Santa Clara (!), but guess I'll have to settle for strawberries again....

livefromuk
From my buddy who works for one of the venues on the tour, announcement should be next week. His venue in the north east is slated for July. So a “July-Aug” tour based on that. (Not sure if it could start as early as late June.) As of right now the ONLY date for his venue is July, so no Sept/Oct tour. It also sounds like announcement was pending based on venue / tour logistics and not necessarily Jagger’s health.

Thanks for the news - hope it happens! thumbs up

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 4, 2019 07:26

daspyknows
bv
SomeTorontoGirl

Strawberry season in Norway is from mid June to Mid July. If they are ready for touring as expected, some time mid June, then I will not be having a single Norwegian fresh strawberry this year.

We got some good ones in California too. Watsonville is not that far from Santa Clara.

California strawberries are large and slightly tasteless. I'm going to guess Norwegian strawberries are vintage types instead of hybrids and taste better. So, yes, seeing the Stones in America may be a trade-off in strawberry quality.

Date: May 4, 2019 07:44

marianna
daspyknows
bv
SomeTorontoGirl

California strawberries are large and slightly tasteless. I'm going to guess Norwegian strawberries are vintage types instead of hybrids and taste better. So, yes, seeing the Stones in America may be a trade-off in strawberry quality.

Not sure which type of California strawberry you're referring to as "large and slightly tasteless" as there's more than a dozen varieties in all sizes.
One common variety is the Woodland strawberry aka Fragaria vesca which is native and grows in the wild - small, and very tasty.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 08:55

TKinOH
livefromuk
From my buddy who works for one of the venues on the tour, announcement should be next week. His venue in the north east is slated for July. So a “July-Aug” tour based on that. (Not sure if it could start as early as late June.) As of right now the ONLY date for his venue is July, so no Sept/Oct tour. It also sounds like announcement was pending based on venue / tour logistics and not necessarily Jagger’s health.

Thanks for this! Add in BV's words and it's lookin' like late-June/July/August...

Patience required, as always!

Could very well be mid-June as BV stated before.
E.g. if they kick off in East Rutherford, keep all the original dates afterwards (Chicago, Toronto), they would certainly like to finish off the north east straight after that in July and then head West.
Also they would keep 5 original dates which is definitely preferable for most involved partys.

Next Thursday May 9th, is 5 weeks after the surgery and 5 weeks prior June 13th.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 10:05

So if Philadelphia is in July as stated by Livefromuk (he said in an earlier post that he knows somebody there) the tour Start could be either Boston, NYC or Chicago. I don't think it makes any sense to start early July and don't do any of those original Dates. So now I'm joining the speculations. And I won't stop looking at this thread Just like the Dog won't stop looking at the Plate.

Date: May 4, 2019 11:30

hockenheim95
And I won't stop looking at this thread Just like the Dog won't stop looking at the Plate.

That's the spirit, hockenheim! smileys with beer

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 4, 2019 14:44

My dog threw up this morning...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 15:01

hockenheim95
So if Philadelphia is in July as stated by Livefromuk (he said in an earlier post that he knows somebody there) the tour Start could be either Boston, NYC or Chicago. I don't think it makes any sense to start early July and don't do any of those original Dates. So now I'm joining the speculations. And I won't stop looking at this thread Just like the Dog won't stop looking at the Plate.

If that happens, I very much doubt any of the original dates will be uncancelled due to local ticketholders who haven't sought a refund (who will make up the vast majority of the crowd) making other plans for those specific dates. I fly home from New York on 23rd June and I expect to miss out altogether. I can see a July start. Perhaps even July 4th seeing it's a (mostly) US Tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 16:27 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 4, 2019 15:11

Hopefully we will have the new dates some time next week, or the week after.

Bjornulf

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: May 4, 2019 15:19

Doom and gloom from The Daily Mail UK:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Rolling Stones rocker Keith Richards, 75, puts on an animated display as he enjoys low-key outing in New York City... after cancelling tour due to Mick Jagger's health issues

By KATE THOMAS FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 07:53 EDT, 4 May 2019 | UPDATED: 07:55 EDT, 4 May 2019

The Rolling Stones were forced to pull the plug on their No Filter tour in North America due to Mick Jagger's health issues.

And Keith Richards, 75, was making the most of his free time, enjoying a solo outing in New York City on Friday.

The rock 'n' roll legend was in high spirits as he left his hotel, flashing a big grin and a wave.

Keith Richards, 75, was making the most of his free time, enjoying a solo outing in New York City on Friday. Looking cool and quirky, Keith stood out from the crowd in a blue crushed velvet bomber jacket and monochrome scarf.

Mick underwent life-saving heart valve replacement surgery using a technique pioneered by a French cardiologist.

The rock 'n' roll legend was in high spirits as he left his hotel, flashing a big grin and a wave. He shows off his flair for fashion in a funky trilby and a pair of youthful blue trainers

Following the news of Mick's health concerns, Keith tweeted his support to his band mate, writing: 'A big disappointment for everyone but things need to be taken care of and we will see you soon. Mick, we are always there for you!'

Fans had spent who in total have spent an estimated £200 million on tickets, were due to watch the band at 17 sell-out venues during the nine-week No Filter tour across the US and Canada.

Jagger, a father of eight, apologised to fans on Twitter saying: ‘I really hate letting you down like this.

Having a ball: Keith looked like he was having a great time as he headed out for the day in NYC. 'I’m devastated for having to postpone the tour but I will be working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can. Once again, huge apologies everyone.’

Jagger's rep confirmed the star is 'doing very well and is expected to make a full recovery.'

Fans have been told their tickets will be valid for rescheduled dates, though reorganising a tour of such magnitude presents what sources describe as a ‘logistical nightmare’.

Posted by: torontostoner ()
Date: May 4, 2019 15:29

Is it realistic to announce new tour dates (next week or the following week) and expect the tour to start in June? It seems rather tight.

Originally it was announced that the tour would be rescheduled to July (BBC april 2). This would be the earliest start date.

Once announced, people will be scrambling to re-arrange their own personal plans. Hopefully there is enough lead time for us to do so successfully!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 4, 2019 15:52

My prediction is the original tour closer at Burl's Creek will become the tour opener on Jun 29.
This would make this the only gig that the date will remain the same for (confirming rumor posted by DREAMTIME earlier) and the Northeast shows will then kick it off for the US following that, first week in July.

Here's hoping for a mild summer weather wise, starting east and ending on the
west coast will also help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 15:56 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 16:01

They better hurry up and get this tour rescheduled this year .those pics of Keith from the daily mail man Keith looks rough .I know he is 75 in all seriousness I love Keith but time is definitely not on his side.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 16:16

MisterDDDD
My prediction is the original tour closer at Burl's Creek will become the tour opener on Jun 29.
This would make this the only gig that the date will remain the same for (confirming rumor posted by DREAMTIME earlier) and the Northeast shows will then kick it off for the US following that, first week in July.

Here's hoping for a mild summer weather wise, starting east and ending on the
west coast will also help.

I would imagine that they would try to salvage whatever dates they could, as it likely was a massive headache to reschedule each and every date that they had to reschedule.

I think they could get away with confirming some of the originally postponed dates especially considering that the vast majority of fans are local.

My expectation is a kick off in New Jersey. If they have enough time to rehearse and get ready, I could see Boston on a Saturday as the kick off, to take full advantage of a Saturday crowd for the opener (related press, reviews, etc)

Date: May 4, 2019 16:38

Dougratajczak87

I would imagine that they would try to salvage whatever dates they could, as it likely was a massive headache to reschedule each and every date that they had to reschedule.

I think they could get away with confirming some of the originally postponed dates especially considering that the vast majority of fans are local.

My expectation is a kick off in New Jersey. If they have enough time to rehearse and get ready, I could see Boston on a Saturday as the kick off, to take full advantage of a Saturday crowd for the opener (related press, reviews, etc)

Yeah.. would be nice, but Jun 8 is too early now for an opener I believe.
With livefromuk's solid rumor about Philly being in early July, makes more sense that all the NE dates would also be similarly pushed out several weeks.
With the Chicago venue already booked on the original dates, that would leave NJ with a slight chance of going on original dates mid-June, which would be great for me personally, but I don't believe it's looking good.

Date: May 4, 2019 16:42

MisterDDDD
Dougratajczak87

With livefromuk's solid rumor about Philly being in early July, makes more sense that all the NE dates would also be similarly pushed out several weeks.
With the Chicago venue already booked on the original dates, that would leave NJ with a slight chance of going on original dates mid-June, which would be great for me personally, but I don't believe it's looking good.

Yeah Chicago kick off could be more likely. With a Friday crowd, would be similar to a Saturday crowd vs being on a week night, in terms of press etc

I personally would thrilled if the Chicago dates stick, especially as the kick off, as the only show I’m going to this time around is Chicago Night 1.

Date: May 4, 2019 17:08

I'm not sure how relevant the exact date is for the press if the Stones return two months after Mick had a heart valve replacement

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 17:14

Nellcote1971
I'm not sure how relevant the exact date is for the press if the Stones return two months after Mick had a heart valve replacement

Yes, they'll be there whatever the day.

Date: May 4, 2019 17:38

WelshEdge1
Nellcote1971

Yes, they'll be there whatever the day.

Yeah, I meant more in terms of individuals overlooking it as in if show is a Thursday and reports are out Friday, in general people might over look it vs. reports coming out on a Monday.

Would think Stones camp would want to maximize exposure of return show.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 4, 2019 17:49

MisterDDDD

With the Chicago venue already booked on the original dates that would leave NJ with a slight chance of going on original dates mid-June, which would be great for me personally, but I don't believe it's looking good.

The Chicago venue (Soldier Field) is NOT booked on the original dates. It's free all of June and up to around July 3.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 18:38 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 4, 2019 17:51

Cirque Du Soleil is at the Soldier Field parking lot on june 21, the stadium seems to be available

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 17:52 by spunky.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 4, 2019 18:49

All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta

Copied that today (‘Shattered’ lyrics)
and I thought dammn.
Do you think Melanie looks up from breakfast and says:
‘Baby, give me that ‘Shattered’ bit again. Schmmatta schmatta?’

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: May 4, 2019 19:10

Just to clarify, philly would be late July.

Date: May 4, 2019 19:15

spunky
Cirque Du Soleil is at the Soldier Field parking lot on june 21, the stadium seems to be available

Good to know.
Doesn't appear to be other events during the Cirque shows.. (other than a couple running events that end there) Thinking the tents in parking lot, crowds etc may rule it out.. but??

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 4, 2019 19:22

35love
timbernardis
35love
“If they are going to continue playing stadiums, he kinda "has to" run around or he loses the crowd (which I do think he cares about).”

Disagree. The ‘No Filter’ tours have 4 HUGE SCREENS that everyone, no matter where you are really, ends up looking to - PIT people are craning their necks for whomever is there, or screen gazing.
The band seems to play close together in a smaller area.
No running anywhere is necessary, IMO.
Standing in place here and there while shaking a groove thing —. Yeah, need that.

Disagree. I have been the pit 4 times in the last 19 months, 3 of those on the rail. I watched the band close up and mostly looked at the band directly. I watched them on the screens a bit, but only a very little.

plexi

In my humble opinion,
YOU WERE ON THE RAIL DUDE.
3 out of 4 times.
The holy rail (grail)
>grinning smiley<

We had fun on that rail, did we not plexi?! Hope for six more times at the rail when the shows resume.......... take time Sir Mick, be well.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 19:24

livefromuk

That clarifies a lot! I would expect the other 4 North East shows to run in sequence before or after for obvious logistical reasons. I’m in the North East US from 7th -23rd June and I’m not expecting to see any shows. Late July gives Mick a sensible recovery time and time to build his fitness up and rehearse properly. It sounds like we can expect an announcement in a week or 2.

Date: May 4, 2019 19:47

bv
Hopefully we will have the new dates some time next week, or the week after.

That would be nice. thumbs up

Date: May 4, 2019 19:58

It would be crazy (in a good way) if the Chicago dates are kept as they were originally.
My wife and I will be there anyways for a conference and vacation, and I had been scoping out tickets for months for the second show looking at TM almost daily.
Once postponed, it was no biggie, but if put back on the schedule it's back to the daily routine of checking TM for tix. Thinking there might be quite a bit more to choose from after all the refunds happen.
As for Cirque de Soleil being there, they take up a very small portion of the parking lot with a tent so not a problem, and it would add to the circus like atmosphere of seeing the Stones in a massive stadium.
Right now though, my main focus is on Glendale, Pasadena, and Santa Clara - all of which I have tix for. Hope all the rescheduled shows happen one way or another and work out for everyone!

Date: May 4, 2019 20:31

bv
livefromuk

That makes sense as there have been talks about keeping the Chi dates as well as some of the ones before that too.

BV, has there been talk to specifically keep the original NJ dates?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 4, 2019 21:39

Nellcote1971
bv
livefromuk

That makes sense as there have been talks about keeping the Chi dates as well as some of the ones before that too.

BV, has there been talk to specifically keep the original NJ dates?

Yes.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2031
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home