Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 116
Re: Rescheduling a Tour: Logistical and Practical Aspects
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:49

Sipuncula
I can't see how the band can get off without some serious money being lost.

they won't loose money since the whole thing had most likely well inscured. They only people who really loose money are those folks who already booked their flights and hotel rooms which can't be cancelled

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:52

Keep in mind that any refunds, when offered after potential rescheduling, will not put a positive balance onto your credit cards, it will take time to clear...

You'll have to have more balance on the card available to make new plans, if necessary, before the refund would appear...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:54

I would hope anything I can't cancel will be covered by my travel insurance.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 30, 2019 19:38

Beast
I would hope anything I can't cancel will be covered by my travel insurance.

Travel insurance won't cover Mick's illness, only yours. On top of that the insurance companies will review claims with more scrutiny since they will see a disproportionate number of claims.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:07

Yet another reason I usually buy tickets last minute

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:07

Anyone in the #2 category that is pissed is their problem. These things happen and have happened before. People are insane to book nonrefundable travel way in advance anyway. What if the act of god hits you instead?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:41

joshbg2k
Anyone in the #2 category that is pissed is their problem. These things happen and have happened before. People are insane to book nonrefundable travel way in advance anyway. What if the act of god hits you instead?

For a plane ticket the price difference is 3 times to 5 times higher so not really. If you purchase trip insurancee it covers your flight due to illness.

Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:56

WelshEdge1
spikenyc
The big question is what will they do about the NOLA JAzzFest tickets?
The Fest will still happen, but they will need to adjust the price for May 2 and refund lots of money. (Unless they can get Led Zep to replace the Stones - LOL)
There is an announcement on the front of the JazzFest website saying details will follow soon.
All the other venues can be rescheduled but the Fairgrounds for Jazzfest is another story. I wonder how they will reschedule NOLA?

Play the Superdome? I'm not sure.

That would suck.
Having the Stones just play by themseleves at the Fairgrounds would be better, depending on when they reschedule.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:02

bv
Health is private. The message says he will recover completely so all the best to Mick for a complete recovery.

Right on BV.
Can you put on the front page of IORR a sweet picture of Mick to show our support?

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:06

Just got a refund for my NJ 2 ticket. Holding on to Lucky Dip for NJ 1 in case I can make it across to the States later in the year.

Have non refundable flights accommodation and theatre tkts for me and my daughter so looks as though we will be spending a 6 day break in NYC.

Get well Mick

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:09

I strongly suspect hip or knee issues that require either replacement or repair surgery.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:15

Is there any chance that the later dates (NJ for example) will remain unchanged?

Date: March 30, 2019 22:16

> Is there any chance that the later dates (NJ for example) will remain unchanged? <

No, the announcement seems clear on that point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 22:17 by Woz.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:25

Woz
> Is there any chance that the later dates (NJ for example) will remain unchanged? <

No, the announcement seems clear on that point.
Yup. If they actually do attempt to re-scheduled these shows for 2019 it will be impossible to recreate the itinerary (cities and/or venues) as it is now, due to as others noted, NFL and NCAA football games.

Due to load in/out time requirements and that the NJ stadium hosts both NY NFL teams and some NCAA football games I can't see any why that those shows can be re-scheduled.

Date: March 30, 2019 22:26

jackflash27
Is there any chance that the later dates (NJ for example) will remain unchanged?

something like that came to my mind, too.
Depending on what happened to Jagger it might make sense, so postpone the first half of the tour and to play the shows of the second half…

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:26

TKinOH
I actually just got a call from a toll-free TM number informing me that the Oro-Medonte gig was postponed, and to hold onto the info for a reschedule...

Very unusual...

same here,,,

a friend of mine lives right behind the events grounds,, so for compensation of inconvenience he is given tix and otheritems, and is also told about dates of events, sometimes before they are made public,,

i called hin he has heard nothing from Burls creek, not even of the show being postponed,,

he says he will contact them and if any info he will let me know

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:28

Woz
I strongly suspect hip or knee issues that require either replacement or repair surgery.

Not likely, both of those procedures are well planned in advance, after trying physical therapy, shots, inflammation medications----and lack of cartilage, or arthritic problems would cause major discomfort quite a time before surgery. The man doesn't weigh very much as well --- his anatomic physical health and strength are well documented. This postponement is very last minute ....as we all know.

All I hope and pray for is Mick Jaggers health and well being ---

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:29

Sorry to hear that. Well wishes to Mick. And sorry to read discussions about potential new dates and disrupted travel plans. What’s more important now?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:30

slewan
jackflash27

something like that came to my mind, too.
Depending on what happened to Jagger it might make sense, so postpone the first half of the tour and to play the shows of the second half…

Although that would be ideal, the fact that they are offering refunds for the whole tour on the first postponement announcement, as opposed to just the first several dates etc. makes it extremely unlikely imo.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:34

jackflash27

No. The whole tour is postponed (in the case of New Orleans, I imagine that'll be cancelled completely. Hopefully they can organise a new show of their own there).

Whatever the problem is, its apparent that he's unable to perform for a prolonged period that will extend beyond the end of June.

I'm hoping it's something non-threatening like throat, hip or knee surgery that would simply require some rest following surgery but whatever it is, hopefully he'll be up to singing again by the summer.

It'll be hard to reschedule most of these shows in 2019 I think, but hopefully they'll be able to do so. Sympathies with everyone who has been inconvenienced but the main thing is that Mick is OK. Its a sadly inevitable risk of attending concerts by ageing musicians, unfortunately.

Good luck to him for a speedy and full recovery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 22:36 by Gazza.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:40

Gazza
jackflash27

No. The whole tour is postponed (in the case of New Orleans, I imagine that'll be cancelled completely. Hopefully they can organise a new show of their own there).

Whatever the problem is, its apparent that he's unable to perform for a prolonged period that will extend beyond the end of June.

I'm hoping it's something non-threatening like throat, hip or knee surgery that would simply require some rest following surgery but whatever it is, hopefully he'll be up to singing again by the summer.

It'll be hard to reschedule most of these shows in 2019 I think, but hopefully they'll be able to do so. Sympathies with everyone who has been inconvenienced but the main thing is that Mick is OK. Its a sadly inevitable risk of attending concerts by ageing musicians, unfortunately.

Same on the best wishes to him for a speedy and full recovery.

I agree the reschedule before fall might be optimistic. I think the best thing to do is to refund every date and start over after an extended break. I would be in favor of a mix of large arenas and domes. That could get you close to most areas covered on this tour and would make those wanting MSG to be happy and someone like me hoping for Mercedes Benz in Atlanta happy. Plus, indoors might be best for health reasons at this point.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:45

Gazza
jackflash27

No. The whole tour is postponed.

Well said Gazza. Whenever I book foreign travels to see live music, which I do every year , I always choose destinations I’d like to visit anyway, whether the concert actually takes place or not. I certainly won’t be wasting my booking, most of which is non refundable.

Mick is a force of nature, still being able to do all he does at his age. But he’s mere flesh and blood like everyone else. For whatever treatment he’s getting, and it is a private matter, he’ll need more rest and recuperation than most of the rest of us, approaching 76 years old. Take all the rest you need Mick. There is nothing more important than health.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:46

Mick is going to spend a few months in Thailand getting special Chinese herbal medicine for what ails him. A blood disorder. Doing lots of Buddhist Vipassana meditation too. For amusement and relaxation he will be visiting the Muay Thai kickboxing academies that dot the landscape. Chinese herbal medicine takes 3-4 months to kick in.

My take anyway.

Date: March 30, 2019 22:47

I always wondered if they usually organizes some kind of shadow tour to cover up for postponements – like: to book each an every venue on two different days some month apart to be able to perform the same venue/tour some time later.

Date: March 30, 2019 22:49

onestep
Woz

Not likely, both of those procedures are well planned in advance, after trying physical therapy, shots, inflammation medications----and lack of cartilage, or arthritic problems would cause major discomfort quite a time before surgery. The man doesn't weigh very much as well --- his anatomic physical health and strength are well documented. This postponement is very last minute ....as we all know.

All I hope and pray for is Mick Jaggers health and well being ---

Well, I know from my own experience that I was fine one day and the next I tore my meniscus while running on a treadmill. Next thing I knew I lost 4 months of being able to run due to surgery, recovery/PT etc. If I had to put on a show like Jagger does, I would have had to cancel a tour for 4 months at least and I had no foreknowledge or symptoms like you reference. I'm 55.

I wish him the best and hope that it is a sports/athletic that is making him unable to physically "move like Jagger"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 22:51 by Woz.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:49

At this point i just hope Mick makes a speedy recovery, is all the talk of cancelled dates necessary, the tour is postponed, so hopefully when Mick gets better there will be new dates, but for now "GET WELL SOON MICK" thumbs up

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:50

I really do wish Mick Jagger the very best. I hope it's nothing serious. I assume he is in good health for his age and he's certainly getting the finest medical treatment available to any human being on the planet. I know he's a dedicated performer and is genuinely disappointed that he can't go through with the tour at this time.

We've gotten so much pleasure from Mick's music over the years. I hope he gets all the good will we can muster in return. Here's hoping for a quick and speedy recovery.

Much love to all.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: March 30, 2019 23:02

triceratops
Mick is going to spend a few months in Thailand getting special Chinese herbal medicine for what ails him. A blood disorder. Doing lots of Buddhist Vipassana meditation too. For amusement and relaxation he will be visiting the Muay Thai kickboxing academies that dot the landscape. Chinese herbal medicine takes 3-4 months to kick in.

My take anyway.

This is a joke or where did it come from if it was a rumor? it seems to me that today is not a day to go joking ... respect for Mick!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 30, 2019 23:06

makustone
triceratops

My take anyway.

This is a joke or where did it come from if it was a rumor? it seems to me that today is not a day to go joking ... respect for Mick!

I worry about Mick, of course. But when I read the statement I feel that it is not dramatic. So I guess it is ok to wish him a good recovery in Thailand. smileys with beer

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 30, 2019 23:11

makustone
triceratops

My take anyway.

I was just thinking, when Keith broke his ribs after falling from his ladder in his library it wasn't a cancelled tour, and the same when he fell out of the coconut tree and had the brain hemorrhage, so it must be fairly serious, not the time to joke as you say makustone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1242
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home