Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:07

makustone
schwonek
Dates start dropping in.

Denver Oct 30th
Chicago Nov 3rd

Anything else yet?

and this where did it come from?

Not happening. Keef gave up the snow. Have you been in Dever or Chicago that time of year?

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:09

Even if it's a minor procedure, it's still a heart procedure which I would imagine takes some relatively significant recovery time. With these dates all being stadium shows, I can't imagine these being rescheduled before 2020. No sense in rushing back and having Sir Mick have a heart attack on stage.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:12

Best wishes to Mick. ... It does feel he is rushing back. ... I do hope they are someday able to go out on their own terms with a proper farewell show. But maybe that is not important to them. They may just want to keep going until somebody drops.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:16

daspyknows
makustone
schwonek
Dates start dropping in.

Denver Oct 30th
Chicago Nov 3rd

Anything else yet?

and this where did it come from?

Not happening. Keef gave up the snow. Have you been in Denver or Chicago that time of year?

They did it at least once - admittedly a few years ago - Soldier field - 11th Oct 2006 - The bootleg was called "I can't feel me feet" - after a comment on stage from Mick.............................grinning smiley

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:28

The average temperature in Chicago on November 5 is 54.

Granted that is just average. I live in Wisconsin and early November is tricky. We can have great 60+ degree days as well as snow.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:31

How crazy is it to think that MICK'S health, out of all of them, would be the one to potentially stop the Stones train from rolling?

Life is weird, man.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:34

About how detailed the pre-tour check is and my recollection of Ronnie's interview hinting it was rather "light" I went looking for that interview again and found this [www.dailymail.co.uk]

"‘So I went along to see our good old doctor, Richard Dawood, because we [Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts] all have to be checked before we go on tour, and he asked me if I wanted him to go deeper and check my heart, lungs and blood. I said, “Go for it.”’ "

So based on what he said at the time it seems these extra exams would NOT have been done had he passed on them. I guess all the insurers want is a "sign-off" to have something to hang their hat on.

In Mick's case, it's clearly not that pre-tour check that caused a problem if not the tour bookings would have been postponed like it was in 2017 for Ronnie. So as some hinted here it's probably a case of him not feeling his usual self during tour preparations.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 18:35 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:40

petewasbristol
Like so many others Mick has been there all of my life and I have followed him (like most of you) here, there and everywhere. What an adventure it has been and if Mick is ok to move forward after this then great. If not, then he gets my utter respect for that decision. He and the band have given us more than we could ever have imagined.

Thank you Mick. Rest up well and let’s take it from there.

That's exactly how I feel.

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:42

That Soldier Field show in 2006 was ROUGH. Mick and Keith looked absolutely miserable, but I got a whole new appreciation for Ronnie that night keeping the ship afloat.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:54

petewasbristol
Like so many others Mick has been there all of my life and I have followed him (like most of you) here, there and everywhere. What an adventure it has been and if Mick is ok to move forward after this then great. If not, then he gets my utter respect for that decision. He and the band have given us more than we could ever have imagined.

Best post in this thread. Couldn't have said it any better so I will just quote ya.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 19:26

The cold not good for old guys....they are in Arizona or Florida that time of year.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 2, 2019 19:30

keefriff99
How crazy is it to think that MICK'S health, out of all of them, would be the one to potentially stop the Stones train from rolling?

Life is weird, man.

It was as weird as my 46 year old husband (at the time) who is a gym dude for decades, getting 3 stents put in.
The top metropolitan cardiac hospital whole floors doing this stuff- amazing.
To leave off this thread (I must for awhile) on a kinda funny:
Me and my H, who never go to shows after we had kids except RS,
had tickets to Paul McCartney in Sacramento.
I had my husband go with me, I want to say, literally days after getting out of the hospital so I wouldn’t have to take my mother-in-law.
My H was pretty tuckered out and we left early.
Yes, I’m a horrible person.

Not as horrible as trying to pin dates on a man who is taking some time off tho.

Love you Mick!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 19:58

Just asked for refund NJ1 concert (PIT1). Saw that this ticket directly was made available on TM. So if anyone's interested, check TM!

EDIT: ..and it's gone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 19:59 by jackflash27.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 2, 2019 21:07

Two things seem obvious to me:

1. Nobody knows how long it will take a particular person to recover to a particular level of activity after heart surgery until after the surgery takes place. Before that, it is just prediction based on other cases, I think even a doctor would tell you that. It doesn't really matter that someone's Uncle Herman was driving to the 7-11 three weeks after his surgery.

2. The promoters -- not the Stones -- have $ X million in the bank from ticket sales, earning whatever rate of return one gets on such amounts. Every week that goes by, they earn $ X million to help offset their losses. Every effort is being made to have people not ask for refunds. They will not announce a cancellation until they have to, a minimum of time after the surgery, no matter what.

A question, arising from seeing the photo of Mick with his young family on the beach . . . . You think his large extended family with whom he seems very close will be urging him to go on stage and do his thing after heart surgery?

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 2, 2019 21:34

Rokyfan
I think the refund policy is based on not losing those customers. They might not sell those tickets again if the public feels Mick is not 100 percent or if people decide not to travel if they have to buy tickets again.
I think his family will want him to be extra carefull. I think Charlie is another factor. At his age, and considering his friendship with Mick, he might just force the issue and tell them it's time to scale down ambitious tour plans and start planning some final shows.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 2, 2019 21:41

JN99
petewasbristol

Best post in this thread. Couldn't have said it any better so I will just quote ya.

Or rather, best post on this whole topic.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 2, 2019 22:06

It seems to me that it's Concerts West that are pushing for the dates to be booked so soon. First and foremost comes Mick's health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 22:37 by Woz.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 2, 2019 22:13

I would advice any fan to be more concerned about Mick getting well than private travel logistics issues. Get well Mick!

Bjornulf

Date: April 2, 2019 22:17

I fully agree. Before all, Mick must be medically ok and feeling good to start thinking about the tour. If it happens it would be great, anytime. If not, we had a lot recent years and ought to be thankful for that.

Get well, Mick.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 2, 2019 22:19

EddieByword

Not happening. Keef gave up the snow. Have you been in Denver or Chicago that time of year?

They did it at least once - admittedly a few years ago - Soldier field - 11th Oct 2006 - The bootleg was called "I can't feel me feet" - after a comment on stage from Mick.............................grinning smiley[/quote]

I was there. It was a BITCH but had been predicted to be worse. They shortened the set by one song but at least we got to hear "Sway" and "She Was Hot."

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 2, 2019 22:39

It took me weeks to fine tune all the primary and secondary hotel bookings I had for this tour. I did not want to cancel but today I knew I had to do it. In two hours I canceled 57 hotel reservations on five portals.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 2, 2019 22:40

Get well Mick, simply stated Bjornulf and thank you.

Everyone is talking money, pressure from promoters, and I think they are leaving out a very important factor.

Over the last 18 months I have had some health set backs. People were kind, caring, but I remember one night a friend offering to do some menial task while visiting and I finally had to say , " I'm not an invalid." At work , I was asked, can you do this ? I said give me a chance to fail and now work more hours per week than 60 of the 64 physicians on staff in our ED.

Mick does not need money. Mick does not do anything he does not want to, and would raise his middle finger to anyone suggesting they have the upper hand. He has done that for decades.

Anecdotal medicine is full of countless stories of people who are eager to retire, and when they do fade away rapidly without purpose. Mick will return to work the day he wants to, not a day before or after. Suer there might be pressure, but I'm also sure the lot of pressure is internal for this quintessential Peter Pan. Sir MIchael has been MICK JAGGER for over 50 years, it is what he knows and loves. Don't pressure him, but don't write him off either. How sad it must be for him to read papers every day with 1000's saying, its ok, just fade away, thank you for what you've done

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 2, 2019 22:50

bv
It took me weeks to fine tune all the primary and secondary hotel bookings I had for this tour. I did not want to cancel but today I knew I had to do it. In two hours I canceled 57 hotel reservations on five portals.

the comment of bv makes me suppose that this goes for long until mick recovers 100%. They are very sad days and with a lot of anguish. Now the only thing I hope is that everything goes well and Jagger will be Jagger again. I embrace all the fans around the world. I think I'll stop reading the forum until there's good news. Goodbye

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 2, 2019 22:55

Another article suggesting shows could be rescheduled as early as July:

[liveforlivemusic.com]

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:03

I fear this tour is going to end up being canceled, not postponed.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:12

Being an absolute AC/DC fan, I purely understand what I read on this board about Mick.
It's scary and very destabilizing.
Sure he will be fine.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: April 2, 2019 23:13

Looks like BV's posts, 26 minutes apart, show that we are all concerned about logistics as well as Mick's health. Wish Mick well, much enjoyment watching him dance and sing over the years.

Now if TM would just step up to the plate on refunds including the fees....angry smiley

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:17

bv
I would advice any fan to be more concerned about Mick getting well than private travel logistics issues. Get well Mick!

Most of us are Bjornulf. I’m looking forward to a holiday in the US and I hope Mick is recovering well somewhere by then. Whether that means more shows later is his choice and I respect whatever that is.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:21

Rokyfan
Two things seem obvious to me:

1. Nobody knows how long it will take a particular person to recover to a particular level of activity after heart surgery until after the surgery takes place. Before that, it is just prediction based on other cases, I think even a doctor would tell you that. It doesn't really matter that someone's Uncle Herman was driving to the 7-11 three weeks after his surgery.

2. The promoters -- not the Stones -- have $ X million in the bank from ticket sales, earning whatever rate of return one gets on such amounts. Every week that goes by, they earn $ X million to help offset their losses. Every effort is being made to have people not ask for refunds. They will not announce a cancellation until they have to, a minimum of time after the surgery, no matter what.

A question, arising from seeing the photo of Mick with his young family on the beach . . . . You think his large extended family with whom he seems very close will be urging him to go on stage and do his thing after heart surgery?

Quite true ...

However .. that is the most likely outcome. In fact.. it's considerably likely
he will be up to snuff given his health and the procedure being done. That is
not a guarantee .. it is pretty probable he will recover in the said amount of time.

It's like having anything done .. even the same concept could apply to getting a tooth pulled (realizing Mick Jagger's surgery is on a whole other level and category of danger to say the least lol ..they have to actually stop his heart from beating ...YIKES ... sorry). It's pretty darn probable that given someones age they might...say... have their wisdom tooth pulled and be back to snuff in three weeks given the situation at hand. Scheduling them for dinner six weeks down the road is a pretty safe bet (given a particular situation examined with everything accounted for).

However there is always the odd one out that takes longer or things don't go as planned. Micks surgery itself has a 95% Survival rate. In Micks health condition there is a 90% chance he will be back to a completely normal zone within three months.

However...there is always the one in ten they thought would recover faster that took longer ...or something else.

It happens .. just not very often. Odds are still heavily in his favor ..
but as was said.. one in ten reacts differently even when the prognosis is good.

His odds are even slightly better bc he will have of the very best doctors doing it with the very best care. That may slightly increase his odds. IMO Mick has a 97% survival chance. IMO he has a 92% chance to recover in the amount time they have forecast.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 23:31 by IanBillen.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:24

MidnightDevilRambler
Now if TM would just step up to the plate on refunds including the fees....angry smiley

They have. Go into your TM account - some tickets have a Refund button and some don’t. You have to call to cancel the ones without the option on line. I cancelled one on line and one by phone on Sunday, both credits already posted to my credit card, fees included. You shouldn’t have any problems except some likely wait time if you have to call.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2139
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home