Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 2, 2019 14:00

spunky

How many stadiums with a closed roof are the in de USA?

13 Stadiums in the US according to - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Worldwide: [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 14:03

Rolling Stones tour 'to resume in July'

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: April 2, 2019 14:23

WelshEdge1

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Nothing new there. I cant see how they can announce new dates in 2 weeks time when previously it has been stated that post op he will need to be monitored for a month.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 14:32

carouslambra
WelshEdge1

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Nothing new there. I cant see how they can announce new dates in 2 weeks time when previously it has been stated that post op he will need to be monitored for a month.

Quite. And I hope he doesn't go back on the road prematurely because of commercial pressures as Keith did after his head knock in 2006. He's wealthy enough not to have to. Unfortunately his future cancellation insurance costs will probably increase hugely now.

At that age people always need to err on the side of caution and the tour really ought to be pushed back to next year or late Summer/Autumn at best.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 14:40

grzegorz67
carouslambra
WelshEdge1

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Quite. And I hope he doesn't go back on the road prematurely because of commercial pressures as Keith did after his head knock in 2006. He's wealthy enough not to have to. Unfortunately his future cancellation insurance costs will probably increase hugely now.

At that age people always need to err on the side of caution and the tour really ought to be pushed back to next year or late Summer/Autumn at best.

Agreed. Better to wait longer than risk something worse by going back early.

Either that or Mick will really have to be careful in my opinion.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 2, 2019 14:57

To Mick Jagger , Mr. Jagger I want to thank you for all of the wonderful entertainment you have provided for us for so many years from my earliest days riding in dad's car and hearing Rolling Stones music on the radio . You are simply the best and better than all the others . You owe us fans NOTHING and our only hope for you going forward is your health and well being regardless of what happens next in Life . Honest to our Lord and Savior . Just get well and be safe . Best Wishes for a speedy and healthy recovery . You are in our thoughts and Prayers . Thank you very kindly Mr. Jagger !

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 2, 2019 15:05

WelshEdge1

[www.bbc.co.uk]

But if he's not right that will mean another postponement, lost travel and accommodation etc, that's a wee bit too soon to my mind.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: April 2, 2019 15:20

keithsman
WelshEdge1

[www.bbc.co.uk]

But if he's not right that will mean another postponement, lost travel and accommodation etc, that's a wee bit too soon to my mind.

I agree... That's the point...alot of fans lost already a bunch of money, cause of postponed the Tour.... First of all Mick need after surgery rest.....he is no roboter ....its human

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 2, 2019 15:26

Presumably the pre tour medical insurance checks were carried out before the concert dates were confirmed.
And Mick got the all clear.
Whilst medical checks and scans are not perfect, its surprising that in the time scale, his condition had changed so quickly.
One assumes it wasnt as a result of a check up as has been suggested in the media, but more that he felt unwell. And it led to the heart diagnosis.
Scary really, who knows what's round the corner.

Date: April 2, 2019 15:45

jlowe
Presumably the pre tour medical insurance checks were carried out before the concert dates were confirmed.
Whilst medical checks and scans are not perfect, its surprising that in the time scale, his condition had changed so quickly.
One assumes it wasnt as a result of a check up as has been suggested in the media, but more that he felt unwell. And it led to the heart diagnosis.

Do you know what that's exactly right jlowe, you would make a good detective winking smiley

What might have happened is as Mick was stepping up his training he might have encountered a few breathing problems, put it down to a virus or something, soldiered on and then thought, wait a minute something is wrong here, went to the medical team, they probably suggested a more in depth exam , and bingo, we have a problem.

Also what Mick has is probably Ok in a normal 76 year old, treatable with medication like my mother is on for her heart valves, but Mick is like an athlete and asks so much more from his body, so to Mick it's like, "i'll have the operation, we have a lot financially riding on this tour".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 15:52 by keithsman.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 2, 2019 15:50

grzegorz67
carouslambra
WelshEdge1

[www.bbc.co.uk]

2020 seems more realistic. I can't imagine any 75yo man having major heart surgery and being fully recovered to cope with touring and live performing. Mick, I know you want to go on but maybe this is a sign to stop now?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 2, 2019 15:55

I feel strongly he will be just fine. His excellent physical condition will help in his recuperation, however very sadly, I think we have seen the last of the Rolling Stones. Bless you Mick and thank you, thank you, thank you. I will miss the incredible joy and fun of seeing the Rolling Stones. It had to end and I think this is the end. I take no pleasure in saying this or feeling this way.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 15:58

TheGreek
To Mick Jagger , Mr. Jagger I want to thank you for all of the wonderful entertainment you have provided for us for so many years from my earliest days riding in dad's car and hearing Rolling Stones music on the radio . You are simply the best and better than all the others . You owe us fans NOTHING and our only hope for you going forward is your health and well being regardless of what happens next in Life . Honest to our Lord and Savior . Just get well and be safe . Best Wishes for a speedy and healthy recovery . You are in our thoughts and Prayers . Thank you very kindly Mr. Jagger !

that is exactly what I think

Date: April 2, 2019 16:06

steffialicia
I feel strongly he will be just fine. His excellent physical condition will help in his recuperation, however very sadly, I think we have seen the last of the Rolling Stones. Bless you Mick and thank you, thank you, thank you. I will miss the incredible joy and fun of seeing the Rolling Stones. It had to end and I think this is the end. I take no pleasure in saying this or feeling this way.

I would not be shocked if you turn out to be right. If you are then the 2018 Summer tour was a great note to go out on. Mick was on fire last year, especially in his native UK where he thrilled the huge crowds with his age defying dance moves. I'm grateful for everything he's given us and if we get anything more, it's a bonus.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: April 2, 2019 16:10

Like so many others Mick has been there all of my life and I have followed him (like most of you) here, there and everywhere. What an adventure it has been and if Mick is ok to move forward after this then great. If not, then he gets my utter respect for that decision. He and the band have given us more than we could ever have imagined.

Thank you Mick. Rest up well and let’s take it from there.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 2, 2019 16:11

I'm stunned that everyone and their dog, and even the BBC now, is pedaling info that the tour will resume in a jiffy...when the man is supposed to have friggin' heart surgery in a few days ! I realize there are huge amounts of money at stake here but this is just not dignified and is putting even more pressure on him. Just what he needs obviously...Hopefully he's sheltered from all that crap.

As for the pre-tour checks, dunno how thorough they really are, wasn't it Ronnie who explained when his cancer was found that he just popped into an MDs office, had a little chat and an x-ray was suggested in passing ? In other words he was lucky that it was done because it was not compulsory as part of the check-up.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 2, 2019 16:13

TheGreek

That was lovely, such a nice thing to say smiling smiley thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 2, 2019 16:26

TheGreek

Beautifully put and fully agreed.
Jeroen

Date: April 2, 2019 16:43

Irix
spunky

How many stadiums with a closed roof are the in de USA?

13 Stadiums in the US according to - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Worldwide: [en.Wikipedia.org] .

That list is of retractable roof stadiums.

There are still closed roof dome stadiums such as the Syracuse Carrier Dome , the New Orleans SuperDome, Ford Field in Detroit, and the new stadium in Minnesota.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 16:56

The only speculating I remotely trust on this board comes from BV...

once he starts posting "Rumors" about the tour, I'll start paying attention.

I'm not paying any attention to the health rumors. I'll wait for Official Statements, thank you very much.

Best Wishes to Mick.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 2, 2019 17:00

This Mr Jagger on and on... It's Sir Michael. No longer a Mister. And if you don't like titles: just say Michael or Mick.

Ps. I have a question for an English person: Is Jagger a CBE or a KBE? I always thought he was a CBE but someone whispered KBE... Can't find it on the net...

Date: April 2, 2019 17:03

Stoneage
This Mr Jagger on and on... It's Sir Michael. No longer a Mister. And if you don't like titles: just say Michael or Mick.

Ps. I have a question for an English person: Is Jagger a CBE or a KBE? I always thought he was a CBE but someone whispered KBE... Can't find it on the net...

I'm a Scottish person, hope that'll do. We're part of the UK too. He's a KBE. = Knight of the British Empire.

I disagree with the honours system so he'll always be 'Mick' to me.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 2, 2019 17:09

kahoosier
Oh Donvis, I am a physician also and learned way back in the scare of Charlie's throat cancer not to give opinions here. Privately with members I have discussed TAVR VS open heart surgery, prognosis, etc, but don't do it here. No matter how much I tried to assure people, I was a dumbass to ever want to be MD that could google and had Charlie dead. When Keith fell out of the tree, I tried to explain subdural, surgeons were not removing half of his brain , to a group of people professing love for a man that was certainly a zombie. Mick is in supreme shape, he has the best treatment money can buy, for what the public does not conceive of as a fairly routine procedure. I don't understand the need for so many on this board to hang black crape so early, you must be really depressing to hang around with while a family member is having surgery.At least no one has suggested that the valve is bad because of some childhood vaccination that Donvis and I as part of a cabal promote to to generate income.
yeah I learned my lesson

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 2, 2019 17:16

Thanks, Grzegorz! I must admit I'm ambivalent too...

Sven Hedin was the last one who was knighted in Sweden. In 1902. It's a thing of history here now. Like the feudal society. The English are a bit conservative...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 2, 2019 17:17

There is no difference in rock stars and normal people like you and me. Most of us hate going to doctors. Also, why should we check every bit of our body every year or more often? At age 60+ or even 70+ most parts of the body is not like fifty years earlier on.

A pre-tour check is quite detailed, and they will discover anything that might be an economical threat to the investors. As each show is worth at least 10 million US dollars, the value of the entire tour i.e. to the investors is $200 million or so. No wonder they want to make sure risk is at a minimum.

Bjornulf

Date: April 2, 2019 17:26

Stoneage
Thanks, Grzegorz! I must admit I'm ambivalent too...

Sven Hedin was the last one who was knighted in Sweden. In 1902. It's a thing of history here now. Like the feudal society. The English are a bit conservative...

The UK System has been abused outrageously by UK politicians of all parties for as long as I can remember, ruining its credibility. There have been many very worthy recipients (opinion) but it has often been used as a way of rewarding favours, or awarded at the end of a stint performing a senior well paid public role, whether well or badly.

Imho, the Swedes have got it right.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: April 2, 2019 17:32

bv
A pre-tour check is quite detailed, and they will discover anything that might be an economical threat to the investors. As each show is worth at least 10 million US dollars, the value of the entire tour i.e. to the investors is $200 million or so. No wonder they want to make sure risk is at a minimum.
So the Stones booked their tour and THEN had a medical check up? That doesn't make sense.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 2, 2019 17:36

bv
There is no difference in rock stars and normal people like you and me. Most of us hate going to doctors. Also, why should we check every bit of our body every year or more often? At age 60+ or even 70+ most parts of the body is not like fifty years earlier on.

This doesnt really clarify the issue of when Mick's health condition was discovered.
The pre tour check is surely done before the tour dates are booked.
No point in doing one in the weeks leading up to the first concert dates.

So either the pre tour check has been done at almost rehearsal stage OR if earlier it didn't pick up a problem. Which is quite possible. For example your car could pass its MOT fine and then a month later have a serious problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 17:38 by jlowe.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: April 2, 2019 17:37

Stoneage

Right...a hip band... and A cornball name.

It always was, and always will be, MICK !

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 2, 2019 17:40

jlowe

I said I wasn’t going to speculate, instant karma I am.
My H experience: <50, not obese, works out gym reg basis decades.
It was at the gym he started to feel unwell. Kept going.
No heart attack. After 2 weeks I dragged him into the emergency room
men in his family history heart.
See need for stents. Heart surgeon next day, 3 stents.
Fully recovered working out again (Can’t remember time frame)
Felt better after—-‘cleared’

That’s all my medical.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home