Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 2, 2019 05:48

Dougratajczak87
Degsy
How did the insurers let Keith back so quickly after the brain injury?

Thoughts with Mick and the rest of the band/family

Possible it was less of a concern then due to age, as was 13 years ago

More possibly to due with the lack of cognitive dissonance, which is obvious with recovery.

Date: April 2, 2019 05:51

babyblue
tumblinbrian
Just 2 thoughts on this

Personal health issue is Micks private business.
However an injury while training I would think he would admit to his fans.

And a summer tour of the USA?
Oppressive heat and thunderstorms?
Doubt it

Fall more likely.

Can't be Fall tour thats Sept to Nov. Too cold for stadiums, I say July to Sept. Oct is hurricane month

June 1 - November 30 is hurricane month.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: April 2, 2019 05:53

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 07:08 by marianna.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 2, 2019 05:56

donvis
potus43
Thank God we have all these "medical experts" here. The one who claimed to be a MD, of course, was way off in his "diagnosis.
I wasn’t that far off I said it could be cardiac, dumbass. And I’m not claiming to be an M.D. I am one.

An actual doctor. Impressive.

If you hinted that it was heart related as you say .. it certainly is. The thought of them stopping one's heart is very scary. This is most likely a pretty darn safe surgery as far as heart surgeries go .. BUT it is still surgery ..

and it is heart related. It isn't like he has the flu. I wish him well. I think he can do this as the docs around him do BUT Jagger getting heart surgery is and imagining him on stage running about just a couple months later is an odd thought.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 05:57 by IanBillen.

Date: April 2, 2019 05:57

StonedInTokyo
syrel
If the tour was only being delayed 'about a month', why would they have postponed the dates at the end of the tour? They could quite easily have started the tour schedule from, say, Landover, and then added rescheduled dates at the end.

syrel

There are any number of reasons, but most likely they wish to retain the starting point and routing for this tour.

There are other details at hand. It's expensive to rent out stadiums. And I'm going to guess they don't just "rent them" out, there is a deposit, it costs possibly up to $500,000 a day to rent a stadium for the 3 days that they need... sometimes it seems as if people think the stadiums are just free.

The Stones (and a few others) pay a lot of money to play a stadium.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: April 2, 2019 05:59

ab
It's fairly routine heart surgery. His docs are top shelf. He's in excellent shape for 75. I'm assuming it'll all be fine until I hear otherwise.

But I'd put the tour on hold for a year. Summer's too hot, fall's too cold. Reschedule for next year's Jazzfest.

Having been through 3 open heart surgeries I can tell you there`s nothing routine about it, especially at Mick`s age. If they are able to replace the valve without going through his chest, of course it's less time to recuperate, but still I agree the tour should wait until 2020 to get a fully able and ready 76-yr old Mick not having to battle through the heat of the summer.

Date: April 2, 2019 06:01

padre69
"He only got injured after training for shows" and something unexpected health issue coming up in the medical check doesn't quite match.
Mick didn't know he got injured during the training before the doctor said it in the check? And postpone ALL the shows for some minor training injury? I truly hope all the best for Mick and his recovery, but something here doesn't add up.

I certainly understand your position. However, given how the Stones are a financially focused operation, they don't take cancelling shows lightly. I'm guessing the have insurance in place for such a thing but theoretically, they've already lost a TON of money because of this.

If that doesn't make sense, think of how Axl got brought in to finish AC/DC's tour.

A LOT OF MONEY involved.

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 06:07

I just got my Jacksonville tickets in the mail today! Ticketmaster gave me an April Fools Day Joke I will NEVER forget.

But all joking aside, I wish you ALL the BEST Mick!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 2, 2019 06:07

Oh Donvis, I am a physician also and learned way back in the scare of Charlie's throat cancer not to give opinions here. Privately with members I have discussed TAVR VS open heart surgery, prognosis, etc, but don't do it here. No matter how much I tried to assure people, I was a dumbass to ever want to be MD that could google and had Charlie dead. When Keith fell out of the tree, I tried to explain subdural, surgeons were not removing half of his brain , to a group of people professing love for a man that was certainly a zombie. Mick is in supreme shape, he has the best treatment money can buy, for what the public does not conceive of as a fairly routine procedure. I don't understand the need for so many on this board to hang black crape so early, you must be really depressing to hang around with while a family member is having surgery.At least no one has suggested that the valve is bad because of some childhood vaccination that Donvis and I as part of a cabal promote to to generate income.

Date: April 2, 2019 06:14

stanlove
Alef
It could be a scrotal inguinal hernia, which for sure is not something that you can jump around on stage with..

It was found during check up. Hernia does not make sense from what we know. He would have gone to doctor before that.

One can have a hernia and not know it.

Date: April 2, 2019 06:21

keithsman
Dougratajczak87
keithsman
Dougratajczak87
Degsy
How did the insurers let Keith back so quickly after the brain injury?

Thoughts with Mick and the rest of the band/family

Possible it was less of a concern then due to age, as was 13 years ago

Rubbish, most people don't fully recover from cranial surgery for a subdural hematoma, Keith was very lucky to be able to play after that, he took his surgeon on tour for two years after the operation, Keith has to take anti seizure medication for the rest of his life.

Ah, did not know that. Was just thinking from possible insurers' perspective.

Thanks for the context.

No worries, sorry for being so abrupt, it was touch and go for Keith, people don't realize how serious the coconut tree fall was.

Yet you continue to talk about something that didn't happen.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 2, 2019 06:28

If they start July then west shows Seattle. Denver will be Aug, then NY, chic in Sept. Wouldn't that work.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 2, 2019 06:32

Well now we know the Stones and their fans are all old.

Nothing but surgery and medical gross story talk! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 2, 2019 06:40

babyblue
If they start July then west shows Seattle. Denver will be Aug, then NY, chic in Sept. Wouldn't that work.
It will be interesting as they will have to work around the NFL games towards the end.
Oddly, ticketmaster has the potential new concerts listed now as TBA [www.ticketmaster.com]
showing it starting in LA, Glendale,.. then working it's way to the east and Canada, then back west ending in Santa Clara. Clearly nothing could be set yet, but it looks like it would work well.

Date: April 2, 2019 06:46

MisterDDDD
I prefer the rumored July-early Sept dates personally, but like others am concerned about Mick pushing himself.

A bit ironically, the buddy I'm traveling to several shows with just had a similar procedure done, discovered after we bought tickets etc, and we were concerned about him being up for all the walking from the parking lot and up the stairs type issues.. cool smiley

The Denver, Seattle, and perhaps Santa Clara dates, which look like potentially the last of the tour when rescheduled, would all be the most mild weather wise of the tour, with daytime highs turning to great late summer comfortable evenings.

Well, actually, that's not even a bit ironic.

My dad just had a quintuple bypass and a valve replacement due to aortic stenosis.

Kid you not, he was cleared to drive after 3 weeks.

And they cut his sternum wide open.

From my understanding, diet is the biggest contributor to such a thing happening to someone. So, naturally, in his defiant way, he had a beer a week after the surgery and recently, a cheeseburger and fries.

I guess there's no point changing now, even after such a disruptive surgery.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 2, 2019 06:48

kahoosier
Oh Donvis, I am a physician also and learned way back in the scare of Charlie's throat cancer not to give opinions here. Privately with members I have discussed TAVR VS open heart surgery, prognosis, etc, but don't do it here. No matter how much I tried to assure people, I was a dumbass to ever want to be MD that could google and had Charlie dead. When Keith fell out of the tree, I tried to explain subdural, surgeons were not removing half of his brain , to a group of people professing love for a man that was certainly a zombie. Mick is in supreme shape, he has the best treatment money can buy, for what the public does not conceive of as a fairly routine procedure. I don't understand the need for so many on this board to hang black crape so early, you must be really depressing to hang around with while a family member is having surgery.At least no one has suggested that the valve is bad because of some childhood vaccination that Donvis and I as part of a cabal promote to to generate income.

Thanks for the informed and reassuring information.
Nice to have actual doctors on here with knowledge and experience.
Thanks to both you and Donvis. Appreciated.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 2, 2019 07:06

I'm watching the live RAILFAN cam of the Flagstaff Amtrak station waiting for the westbound Southwest Chief.. There's a chat box at the upper right. Many people wishing Mick the best. Very touching.
video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: April 2, 2019 07:07

The fact that they are supposedly discussing a three month window is apparently a little short for valve replacement. It is more invasive than a stent , but still doable with minimal surgery, It's all speculation, though. When major news organizations use "The Drudge Report" as their source, it's not definitive.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 2, 2019 08:10

And dressing rooms filled with parasites

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 2, 2019 08:14

donvis
potus43
Thank God we have all these "medical experts" here. The one who claimed to be a MD, of course, was way off in his "diagnosis.
I wasn’t that far off I said it could be cardiac, dumbass. And I’m not claiming to be an M.D. I am one.

Just say you think the Stones are playing Madison Square Garden and he would commend your expertise lol.

As a doctor would you suggest a 75 year old patient to go back to a strenuous job 90 days after that surgery? I am not a doctor but I am not sure it is not a good idea even before recovery the surgery and post-op recovery a complete unknown.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 08:26

"I was bitten by a boar,
"I was gouged and I was gored,
"But I pulled on through."

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 2, 2019 08:46

We shouldnt forget that Mick has a very good British sense of humour and would probably appreciate U.K. headline “ let’s mend the knight together “
(and lots of UK experts pretty optimistic about complete recovery today )

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 2, 2019 09:05

Why not do the four west shows first.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: April 2, 2019 09:18

Sad news!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 2, 2019 09:37

"Jagger is set to undergo heart valve replacement surgery in New York and is expected to make a full recover"

I suppose the "full recovery" comes from the initial PR and the BB journo "mixed" it with the info that surfaced since but it really doesn't "read well"...

Fingers crossed for Friday, lovy'ya Mick !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 2, 2019 09:48

runrudolph
Give MICK SOME PEACE N REST. HE WILL BE FINE.
jeroen

As long as it is not Rest in Peace.

plexi

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 2, 2019 10:01

Fairly simple procedure these days, and Mick is as fit as a fiddle, with a strong family history of longevity and resilience. Good vibes help to, so i'm sending them out and always will.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 2, 2019 10:02

I agree that they should maybe postpone to 2020. When you want to really straight about it, you would have to wait until 1 week after surgery to announce new dates for 2019. Anything else is just guessing.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 2, 2019 10:07

Koen
Sure, if you keep repeating the same thing over and over, eventually someone will believe it.

Yes, the Fuhrer said that.

plexi

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: April 2, 2019 10:07

If it's true he has to have this heart surgery, I simply cannot understand, why the wait until later this week? As a man of wealth and taste, he surely never has to wait in a queue, least of all a medical queue, like the rest of us plebs?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home