Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 116
Re: US/Canada Tour postponed!
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2019 16:40

dennycranium

I always purchase cancellation insurance through TicketBastard for these big ticket shows.
I realize the band members are in their '70's and that these shows can be cancelled or postponed.
Your credit card company will always take your side if you dispute a charge.
Dispute any charge a hotel makes to your credit card. Your bank most likely will choose your side of the story.

And lastly: GET BETTER, MICK!

Cancellation insurance is good, accidentally purchased it for the Santa Clara show of the six shows I bought for, but the tickets for all of them will be refunded (if I choose) so it really does no good for situations like this, it is intended for if YOU get sick etc.
As for the credit card "taking your side" with disputes.. sure, I've also successfully disputed several charges over the decades, but if you bought at the "no cancellation" price at a hotel or the non-refundable price of airline tix, you're not going to win those battles.

Least of the concerns right now though.. Mick's health is the most important issue, we all agree.

Re: US/Canada Tour postponed!
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 31, 2019 17:08

MisterDDDD
dennycranium

I always purchase cancellation insurance through TicketBastard for these big ticket shows.
I realize the band members are in their '70's and that these shows can be cancelled or postponed.
Your credit card company will always take your side if you dispute a charge.
Dispute any charge a hotel makes to your credit card. Your bank most likely will choose your side of the story.

And lastly: GET BETTER, MICK!

Cancellation insurance is good, accidentally purchased it for the Santa Clara show of the six shows I bought for, but the tickets for all of them will be refunded (if I choose) so it really does no good for situations like this, it is intended for if YOU get sick etc.
As for the credit card "taking your side" with disputes.. sure, I've also successfully disputed several charges over the decades, but if you bought at the "no cancellation" price at a hotel or the non-refundable price of airline tix, you're not going to win those battles.

Least of the concerns right now though.. Mick's health is the most important issue, we all agree.

On the other hand you are out of luck when a show is cancelled after you have already traveled. I have had this unfortunate experience happen twice.
Atlantic City 2006 cancelled 4 hrs before showtime. They will honor ticket at the reschedule or refund but there is no recourse for hotel , flight , or rental car.

Las Vegas 2016 , 1st show cancelled one day before show luckily I had tickets for the 2nd show. I met a couple from Sweden who had tickets for the 1st show only and could not stay for the second. The only refund available is the ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 00:21 by virgil.

Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: March 31, 2019 17:17

alieb
Imagine being the surgeon tasked with operating on Mick Jagger and knowing the life of one of the world's biggest rock icons rests in your hands... this is why i never wanted to go into medicine!
I would imagine it's the same feeling no matter who the patient is. Surgeons are professionals and life is a life to them, whether it is a teacher or a waitress or a rock star. I don't think they rate whose life is more important than others.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 31, 2019 17:57

When will we know about new dates and Mick's condition???

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 31, 2019 18:10

CJFP

Depending on the period Mick needs to be "off" for concerts.

They need to rebook stadiums - depending on the postponing period which could in worst case be all concerts. Then the availability of stadiums, timing for the concerts, crew availability etc, etc.. All this needs to be considered.

The Stones / Tour management has probably know about the situation a bit longer than we have. It doesn't happen all of a sudden.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 31, 2019 18:28

mtaylor
CJFP

They need to rebook stadiums - depending on the postponing period which could in worst case be all concerts. Then the availability of stadiums, timing for the concerts, crew availability etc, etc.. All this needs to be considered.

The Stones / Tour management has probably know about the situation a bit longer than we have. It doesn't happen all of a sudden.
Oh, I hope we hear about his condition!!!

Posted by: Alef ()
Date: March 31, 2019 18:55

It’s Lupus, sources say.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 31, 2019 19:06

Sighunt
lem motlow
Guys,relax.

Mick doesn’t have Fcking cancer or heart problems,if he did the tour would be canceled and the Stones would disappear for the foreseeable future.
He most likely tore an ACL or MCL training for the tour.

Now the master class in how you stay on top for 50 + years-

If they say what happened and the tour is postponed the story is-“old guy gets hurt,time to hang it up pops”
By leaving out the one detail, the specifics of the problem the frenzy begins.
Right now the internet is buzzing,every news station and all the newspapers are carrying stories “tour postponed ,what’s wrong with Mick.”
A distinct air of concern and intrigue is there.he’ll get it worked on in the next few days,probably by that Dr David Andrews guy who does the NFL players who will give him a timeline and the tour will be rescheduled from there.

Meanwhile the media and all of us will be like puppies waiting for a cookie.they will give the tour dates and an update on Mick.
Everyone will be relieved and also think”man,we better see them while we can”=ticket sales.
It’s called controlling the narrative and nobody does it like the Stones.

I think your observations are spot on. The Stones have had decades to learn how to successfully perfect, market and craft their "brand." And yeah, this current health issue, whatever it is, could potentially produce an uptick in ticket sales for fans on the sidelines who may believe that this could be "the last time" so they can cross a Stones concert off their bucket list.

I think most of those people already going. My sense is it costs big on ticket sales since schedules change. I doubt I can fit in 4 if its a Sep-Oct tour. All speculation now.

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: March 31, 2019 19:07

mtaylor
CJFP

All shows are postponed. That is clear.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 31, 2019 19:19

Alef
It’s Lupus, sources say.

Whats wrong with you?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 31, 2019 19:26

virgil
Send It To me
The Sicilian
Back in 2015 I said that Buffalo could be the last outdoor stadium show in the USA. So far, it still is.

Desert Trip was outside

October 2016 private party at Gillette stadium was the last show in a USA stadium.

Nice try, but not.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: March 31, 2019 19:30

Cooltoplady
Alef
It’s Lupus, sources say.

Whats wrong with you?

There are bullies everywhere ...

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 31, 2019 19:30

The Sicilian
virgil
Send It To me
The Sicilian
Back in 2015 I said that Buffalo could be the last outdoor stadium show in the USA. So far, it still is.

Desert Trip was outside

October 2016 private party at Gillette stadium was the last show in a USA stadium.

Nice try, but not.

Buffalo was not the last show. And what difference were it was?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 19:35

Boognish
alieb
Imagine being the surgeon tasked with operating on Mick Jagger and knowing the life of one of the world's biggest rock icons rests in your hands... this is why i never wanted to go into medicine!
I would imagine it's the same feeling no matter who the patient is. Surgeons are professionals and life is a life to them, whether it is a teacher or a waitress or a rock star. I don't think they rate whose life is more important than others.

unless it is El Chapo Guzman...

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 31, 2019 20:06

schwonek
Maybe - while Mick is getting better - they can finish the new record and put it out before the tour.

Lol .. well .. you know... all that's on hold my friend. Not sure what it is but
lets just hope for Micks health to be tip top before anything. Even I place
a want for his well being first.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 31, 2019 20:26

If Mick's condition was a bone fracture( just guessing) then he needs time to recover and I would never want to see Mick in a chair singing to keep the tour going. It would ruin the whole performance for me. Other artists have done the gigs in a chair - David Grohl and Axl Rose come to mind a few years back.

Just speculation - a 100% Mick is want we all want and wish him a speedy recovery.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 20:44

I think he would not go on stage if he was not 100% either.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 31, 2019 21:05

Keep in mind that as soon as Jagger senses that something is wrong, he cannot go on a tour, he is no longer a kid. So they will have done the medical exams, the fact that he says he'll be back on stage soon, suggests that it's nothing alarming. Anyway, I wish him to recover soon. Good luck Mick!

Posted by: jheying ()
Date: March 31, 2019 21:13

The latest word is that the pre-concert medical exam required by the insurance company discovered something - even possibly a month ago. The hope is that it is a bone fracture of some kind possibly in his foot or ankle. Taking 3 months off as has been reported is what it takes to heal a broken foot bone. As others have said, no way would Mick do the shows from a chair nor would I go if he did. So he must wait it out. Like we all must. Just keeping fingers crossed that it is something minor as health issues go and that we can all see them on the newly scheduled dates. Udoubtedly with the best Rock Band In the World involved, we should be getting an update on where things stand soon.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: March 31, 2019 21:16

Good news from Stevie
'' I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week.''

[twitter.com]

Posted by: luthor ()
Date: March 31, 2019 21:17

Aleph:

Lupus ??? Can you speak the source ???

of course this should not be true, they have been in constant examination since 1981, this (Lupus) probably would have been discovered before ....

but .... can you speak the source ???

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 31, 2019 21:32

Alef
It’s Lupus, sources say.

Thanks, Dr. House.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 31, 2019 21:33

dimrstone
Good news from Stevie
'' I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week.''

[twitter.com]

Great shot of Stevie with Keef!
His comment is encouraging.
thumbs up

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 21:52

bv
The No Filter 2019 USA & Canada tour has been postponed, as announced today Saturday March 30 by The Rolling Stones.

Please note that the tour is NOT canceled, it is just postponed. New dates will be announced soon.

This is their announcement:

Original tour thread:

The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019

Original rehearsals thread:

The Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - March/April 2019

Would the Burl's creek show be cancelled then & not actually postponed, similar to Jazzfest?

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 21:54

so,, this is the rumour mill in my area...

sounds like they are trying to keep the burls creek day as the same date,,

could make sense if it becomes start of the tour,,

on a sour note, have also been told, it sounds like if the original date is not workable, the burls creek could be a no-go due to other events through out the summer,,

also on another note off topic,rumours have Aerosmith coming to Roxedus ( [roxodus.com] ) to be announced Tuesday April 2

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 31, 2019 21:59

Alef
It’s Lupus, sources say.

Why would you ever post this?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:02

OpenG
If Mick's condition was a bone fracture( just guessing) then he needs time to recover and I would never want to see Mick in a chair singing to keep the tour going. It would ruin the whole performance for me. Other artists have done the gigs in a chair - David Grohl and Axl Rose come to mind a few years back.

Just speculation - a 100% Mick is want we all want and wish him a speedy recovery.

No fracture. The band was out for dinner friday night.

[pagesix.com]

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:10

At least the Daily Telegraph in Auz had the good taste to post a picture of my most favourite coat that Mick has worn during the No Filter tour! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.dailytelegraph.com.au]

I hope he wears it again when the tour is re-scheduled ... may he get well soon.

Date: March 31, 2019 22:10

"I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week".- Stevie Van Zand.

11:31 a. m. · 31 mar. 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 22:12 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:15

Still on page 11, that surprises me, when Keith fell out of the tree we had like hundreds of pages of well wishers, times change.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home