Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2019 22:48

WelshEdge1
Hairball
GRRR....

LOL

We've waited a month and a half... we can wait another day or two grinning smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 14, 2019 22:54

BV is online - a sign, yeahhhhhh

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 14, 2019 22:55

CindyC, yes, I remember!

"Another day older and deeper in debt." ("Sixteen Tons")

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 14, 2019 22:58

Stonesfan2146
Club gigs are possible, but not likely. Last one was in 2013.

Yes some club gigs. Like close to me ....how about Carterville Missouri!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:00

treaclefingers

In other words, when the 'news' came out for the announcement to be for Tuesday, that was a typo autocorrected from Tursday as it sounded as pronounced and interpreted from Siri.

Maybe someone should just ask Alexa (or Cortana or Bixby): "What are the new dates for the US NoFilter-Tour 2019?" winking smiley

Like Shazam which recognizes new Songs from leaked snippets already before official announcements ....

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:00

I just hope the announcement will be on Tursday. smileys with beer

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:03

schwonek

Me too!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:08

jumpontopofmebaby
Stonesfan2146

Weren't The Fonda/Belly Up in 2015?

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:14

roller99
jumpontopofmebaby
Stonesfan2146

Yes. The Fonda was mostly a private show and the Belly Up definitely was.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:18

“Maybe someone should just ask Alexa (or Cortana or Bixby): "What are the new dates for the US NoFilter-Tour 2019?" winking smiley”

No way. No way. No thanks.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:21

My girlfriend and I got back from a nice long weekend in LA late yesterday. Of course, the plan was to see the Stones at the Rosebowl but still glad we went. LA (Hollywood, specifically) is a wild place.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:23

JordyLicks96
More Hot Rocks
alligatoraxe
They're announcing the new dates this Thursday. NYC is very likely (95% certainty) August 1 and 5 

pay attention. The announcement is Tuesday.

I love how everyone just brushes off alligator's comments and calls him out for being wrong. Well guess what, it's Tuesday, and there's no announcement, so you were ALL wrong and wasted another 10 pages on this thread. Now he deleted his original post, plus he was 100% correct with his comments about the original NJ dates, which were a week before the official announcement. I'm sticking by his comment here. NEW DATES BEING ANNOUNCED THIS THURSDAY AND THE NEW NJ DATES WILL BE AUGUST 1 AND 5.

When an unfamiliar name pops up when very few people are online, and provides information that contradicts the conventional wisdom, seems to me it’s smart to be a bit cynical, especially without the benefit of hindsight.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:26

You folks are like an old comfortable pair of shoes...hijinks, sarcasm and predictable quips...all make the stones train go round and round while providing some snickers and giggles....dont stop.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:38

jumpontopofmebaby
Stonesfan2146

Well...The Grand reopening of the El Mocambo is happening any day now....Just in time for Burl's Creek....

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: May 14, 2019 23:45

Aquamarine
JordyLicks96
More Hot Rocks
alligatoraxe
They're announcing the new dates this Thursday. NYC is very likely (95% certainty) August 1 and 5 

I love how everyone just brushes off alligator's comments and calls him out for being wrong. Well guess what, it's Tuesday, and there's no announcement, so you were ALL wrong and wasted another 10 pages on this thread. Now he deleted his original post, plus he was 100% correct with his comments about the original NJ dates, which were a week before the official announcement. I'm sticking by his comment here. NEW DATES BEING ANNOUNCED THIS THURSDAY AND THE NEW NJ DATES WILL BE AUGUST 1 AND 5.

When an unfamiliar name pops up when very few people are online, and provides information that contradicts the conventional wisdom, seems to me it’s smart to be a bit cynical, especially without the benefit of hindsight.

I totally understand that. Christiano re-posted alligator's info about the original NJ dates in November being June 13 and 17 a week before the official announcement. He said he knew someone that worked at the stadium or something like that, and then he deleted his post about the new NJ dates being August 1 and 5. To me, because he was right about the first dates, makes me think he wouldn't BS about the new ones. Another few days and we'll finally find out for sure.

Date: May 15, 2019 00:18

ThePaleRider
jumpontopofmebaby
Stonesfan2146

Well...The Grand reopening of the El Mocambo is happening any day now....Just in time for Burl's Creek....

Will there be shuttles to and fro the tents?

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: May 15, 2019 00:27

35love
ThePaleRider
jumpontopofmebaby
Stonesfan2146

Will there be shuttles to and fro the tents?

Just like at Fyre Festival.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 15, 2019 01:10

Someone else said Philly could be late July - that could add up if MetLife is August 1st and 5th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-15 01:11 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 15, 2019 02:19

JordyLicks96
Aquamarine
JordyLicks96
More Hot Rocks
alligatoraxe

I totally understand that. Christiano re-posted alligator's info about the original NJ dates in November being June 13 and 17 a week before the official announcement. He said he knew someone that worked at the stadium or something like that, and then he deleted his post about the new NJ dates being August 1 and 5. To me, because he was right about the first dates, makes me think he wouldn't BS about the new ones. Another few days and we'll finally find out for sure.

thumbs up

To me, when an unfamiliar name pops up unexpectedly with any kind of info, it's smart to be a bit cynical but I also think it's even smarter to do the homework like checking if that user already provided infos that were proven true, which I think it's what happened here, imho.

I understand people getting very anxious and nervous about the lack of official infos, but I don't think that justifies bashing people out, which maybe can explain why that user deleted the original post.

Date: May 15, 2019 02:35

Cristiano Radtke
JordyLicks96
Aquamarine
JordyLicks96
More Hot Rocks
alligatoraxe

thumbs up

To me, when an unfamiliar name pops up unexpectedly with any kind of info, it's smart to be a bit cynical but I also think it's even smarter to do the homework like checking if that user already provided infos that were proven true, which I think it's what happened here, imho.

I understand people getting very anxious and nervous about the lack of official infos, but I don't think that justifies bashing people out, which maybe can explain why that user deleted the original post.

Oh, I agree. Your post quoting his previous posts was very helpful, which is why I kept an open mind. But with regard to todays' posts supporting him, hindsight is 20-20--there was more reason for skepticism last night when we were all still expecting a Tuesday announcement.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 15, 2019 02:40

grzegorz67
Hairball
A bit after 8:00 AM in California ....let the Stones know I'm ready now!

Christiaan
I made it!!! I made the first post on the number 100 page! What an achievement spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smileyhot smiley

smileys with beer

4pm here in the UK. We're all waiting with baited breath grinning smiley

Is it spelled baited breath or bated breath? And why?

plexi

Date: May 15, 2019 02:45

Hairball
SecondSet
Hairball
Not sure why the 'temperature in the parking lot or elsewhere outdoors' really matters...even if it reaches 120F which is possible in AZ, what's the big deal?

Putting aside that of the climate-controlled frontman recovering from heart surgery, how about the health of the older-skewing and tailgate-likely public, likely including a fair number of amateur out-of-towners?

The calendar for Phoenix' major outdoor venue, Ak-Chin Pavilion, has 17 shows between Memorial Day and Labor Day, or about one every four days, but zero for the entire month from June 22 to July 21, while all but one of the half dozen at the tail end of peak heat in late July/early August caters primarily to a Gen-X or younger audience.

Lol...Jagger will be chauffeured in and out in of an air conditioned/climate controlled limo/shuttle/van. As for the health of the fans, you gotta be tough to be a fan!
Remember Desert Trip - three days outdoors in the near 100 degree heat of the desert for all fans young and old and nobody died.
Yes Jagger got sick, but that was mostly from the dust and dry air which wouldn't be a problem in a covered stadium.

A similar situation to Glendale would be *Vegas '16 show where temps outside were near or at the same as Desert Trip (quite hot outside) w/the show being held indoors at T-mobile arena.
Why would they ever avoid playing there because it was hot outside? The bottom line is, they won't

If I recall correctly Eric, it was about 95 degrees all three days of the first weekend. But that didn't stop you and I and a handful of others of us having a mini-IORR pre party outside.

plexi

Date: May 15, 2019 03:02

Aquamarine
Cristiano Radtke
JordyLicks96
Aquamarine
JordyLicks96
More Hot Rocks
alligatoraxe
They're announcing the new dates this Thursday. NYC is very likely (95% cuqertainty) August 1 and 5

thumbs up

Oh, I agree. Your post quoting his previous posts was very helpful, which is why I kept an open mind. But with regard to todays' posts supporting him, hindsight is 20-20--there was more reason for skepticism last night when we were all still expecting a Tuesday announcement.

Very true, Aqua. But giving the fact that the rumoured Tuesday announcement was just that - which we now know for sure - it doesn't hurt to keep our eyes open when a new info is posted, regardless of who is posting it, even if that info conflicts with what we believe is a solid rumour. Things change so fast in Stonesland, and we should be used to it. Just my two cents. smiling smiley

Date: May 15, 2019 03:13

Continuing fantastic news on Mick, from Canoe.com
[canoe.com]

“A source told The Sun that Jagger feels 100% fit, and is back to his normal, positive self.”

“His healthy eating has really helped with his recovery and he’s been taking it easy and resting, as well as enjoying down time with his friends and family. The health scare has just reminded him to keep taking good care of himself,” they said.

Cristiano Radtke

Very true, Aqua. But giving the fact that the rumoured Tuesday announcement was just that - which we now know for sure - it doesn't hurt to keep our eyes open when a new info is posted, regardless of who is posting it, even if that info conflicts with what we believe is a solid rumour. Things change so fast in Stonesland, and we should be used to it. Just my two cents. smiling smiley

Can't disagree with that! (Actually I think a lot of people thought the Tuesday announcement was pretty much definite, which could explain some of the reactions.)

Posted by: Rokyfan ()

timbernardis
grzegorz67
Hairball
A bit after 8:00 AM in California ....let the Stones know I'm ready now!

Christiaan
I made it!!! I made the first post on the number 100 page! What an achievement spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smileyhot smiley

smileys with beer

4pm here in the UK. We're all waiting with baited breath grinning smiley

Is it spelled baited breath or bated breath? And why?

plexi

it's bated, as you suspected. Short for abated, or held breath.

Date: May 15, 2019 03:17

Kurt
Does anyone else get excited to see bv amongst the list of Online Users...
only to be deflated yet again when bv drops off the list of Online Users ?

How could two simple letters have such an emotional impact on me today moody smiley

that's a rather strange, perverse pleasure.

plexi

Date: May 15, 2019 03:26

roller99
jumpontopofmebaby
Stonesfan2146

The Fonda was a theatre show, not a club show as was the Belly Up show, tho that was not open to the public. When was the last OPEN CLUB gig?

plexi

Date: May 15, 2019 03:27

schwonek

Tursday or Turdsday?

plexi

Date: May 15, 2019 03:36

Aquamarine
Cristiano Radtke

Can't disagree with that! (Actually I think a lot of people thought the Tuesday announcement was pretty much definite, which could explain some of the reactions.)

Yes, I think you're right. And thanks for cleaning the tree of posts, I couldn't do that typing on my crappy cellphone. grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home