Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 13, 2019 11:09

jumpontopofmebaby
DREAMTIME
WelshEdge1
jumpontopofmebaby
Are we sure that Chicago is the starting point?

Is it still possible they start a week earlier?

I don't think they want to be rushing into rehearsals etc to make the original NJ dates.

Besides, I think it's unlikely because it will only be a month from the announcement to first show if they do the original NJ shows.

But who knows!

Any New Yorker knows New Jersey IS NOT New York.

Everyone knows you don't start a tour in NYC

Thank you Dreamtime

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 13, 2019 11:15

OhYesMeAgain
Regarding the Pasadena show, those of us from San Francisco/Bay Area could save a lot of money on travel and hotel costs if we took a Megabus or Greyhound bus to and from the show (arriving the day of the show and leaving later in the night after the show. But such a trip would be pretty grueling. But it would be more bearable if some of us traveled together. Still it might be just too hard to do.

There is NO WAY I am taking an overnight bus between Oakland and LA. There are multiple days between gigs and the wear and tear of a trip like that i not worth it. If I end up doing Pasadena I will drive. 5 hours in my car listening to good music on the stereo sounds more appealing than feeling like luggage.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 13, 2019 12:49

Hairball
This waiting game is testing my patience...lol...

It's like being a little kid two days before Christmas waiting for the big gift!

smiling smiley

Haha same, only one more day but it is taking ages to pass haha

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 13, 2019 12:53

Hairball
This waiting game is testing my patience...lol...

It's like being a little kid two days before Christmas waiting for the big gift!

smiling smiley

Hairball nails it in a nutshell grinning smiley

Time of Announcement
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 13, 2019 13:52

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but do we know the timing of the announcement?

Re: Time of Announcement
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 13, 2019 13:58

steffialicia
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but do we know the timing of the announcement?

No

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 13, 2019 14:07

steffialicia

The Rolling Stones posted this on social media:
May 10: Thank you for all your patience and support regarding the re-scheduling of the Rolling Stones US and Canada tour dates. We will have an update and announcement in the coming days for you, please stay tuned!

I posted this on the IORR news the day before:
May 9: The Rolling Stones Tour start probably June 21 in Chicago
The Rolling Stones postponed No Filter Tour 2019 is rumoured to start in Chicago June 21, and last until the end of August. New dates of the postponed shows are expected to be announced Tuesday May 14. See the IORR thread Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019.

If you add these two sources up, one official and one unofficial, saying "in the coming days" and "Tuesday", my best guess would be Tuesday daytime USA which would be any time from 8am to 4pm EST (East Coast time), which is afternoon Tuesday in Europe etc. Tomorrow at this time we should know, pretty close, if everything is working well.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-13 16:07 by bv.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: May 13, 2019 14:09

I suppose sticking with the 12pm ET timing (of the original announcement) makes sense for East Coast, West Coast, UK, Europe...

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 13, 2019 14:09

bv
steffialicia

The Rolling Stones posted this on social media:
May 10: Thank you for all your patience and support regarding the re-scheduling of the Rolling Stones US and Canada tour dates. We will have an update and announcement in the coming days for you, please stay tuned!

I posted this on the IORR news the day before:
May 9: The Rolling Stones Tour start probably June 21 in Chicago
The Rolling Stones postponed No Filter Tour 2019 is rumoured to start in Chicago June 21, and last until the end of August. New dates of the postponed shows are expected to be announced Tuesday May 14. See the IORR thread Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019.

If you add these two sources up, one official and one unofficial, saying "in the coming days" and "Tuesday", my best guess would be Tuesday daytime USA which would be any time from 8am to 4pm EST (East Coast time), which is afternoon Tuesday in Europe etc. Tomorrow at this time we should know, pretty close, if everything is working well.

Thanks BV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-13 16:08 by bv.

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: May 13, 2019 15:53

Thank you BV for handling this board so well over the past month and a half. You and a handful of other Veterans have had some very good insights and takes. I have also seen some of lowest quality postings ever during the time period from tour postponement announcement until now. Some are arrogant, most are stupid, some seem like this whole thing is a game. The Stones are a human band, not a computer band. They need to be in good shape to play the tour and patience and understanding is needed from the fans. YOU are not the only one(s) who had to cancel travel plans. There were 1.5 million others who were effected. The outlandish posts on this thread need to stop. If you want to make a CIRCUS thread or "In Another Land" thread where everything is a joke and common sense is optional, by all means please do.

Maybe i am too much of a realist, and this is just a stones msg board, but you people who are making such dumb posts, it is really frustrating having to sift through the garbage posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-13 15:54 by muncy23.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 13, 2019 16:10

muncy23
Thank you BV for handling this board so well over the past month and a half. You and a handful of other Veterans have had some very good insights and takes. I have also seen some of lowest quality postings ever during the time period from tour postponement announcement until now. Some are arrogant, most are stupid, some seem like this whole thing is a game. The Stones are a human band, not a computer band. They need to be in good shape to play the tour and patience and understanding is needed from the fans. YOU are not the only one(s) who had to cancel travel plans. There were 1.5 million others who were effected. The outlandish posts on this thread need to stop. If you want to make a CIRCUS thread or "In Another Land" thread where everything is a joke and common sense is optional, by all means please do.

Maybe i am too much of a realist, and this is just a stones msg board, but you people who are making such dumb posts, it is really frustrating having to sift through the garbage posts.
Yes, thank you BV. You are great!

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: May 13, 2019 16:18

As another long-time poster (since 1997) on this board, I also completely agree with your sentiments. There is WAY too much garbage on this board about NOTHING!

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: May 13, 2019 19:40

Great but...
we will not reach the 100 pages on this thread !

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 13, 2019 19:44

Geezus

Date: May 13, 2019 20:54

We are extraordinary fans of this great band and accustomed to receiving tour info prior to it being released to the common folk.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 13, 2019 21:26

CJFP
muncy23

Yes, thank you BV. You are great!

Hopefully there won't be a "next time"...but, if there is, maybe BV could have a thread of "BV's rumors" where ONLY he can post.

...and another "Less Informed Rumors & Peanut Gallery Comments" for everybody else?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 13, 2019 21:29

Sure, then 10-15 posts on how we can improve everything, and another 7 comments to complain about the nonsense.

Date: May 13, 2019 21:32

I do understand that people need to talk, so we do need to be a bit tolerant and patient with each others. If everyone think a bit before they post, if what they say is really on topic, then it will be easier to follow the talks here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 13, 2019 21:58

Flight fares when tours are announced.
In the past I thought that big companies listen in and bump up flight fares when a tour is announced. But I noticed that is never the case. At least with flights from Germany to the US in the past. So as I have to rebook I am quite relaxed about the upcoming tour dates.
However - opening in NJ (not NYC, and not MSG ;-) would be a great surprise to me.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: May 13, 2019 22:11

[www.rollingstones.com]

Levi’s® Stadium Santa Clara, CA
CenturyLink Field Seattle, WA
Broncos Stadium at Mile High Denver, CO
FedExField Washington DC
Lincoln Financial Field Philadelphia, PA
Gillette Stadium Foxborough, MA
MetLife Stadium East Rutherford, NJ
MetLife Stadium East Rutherford, NJ
Soldier Field Chicago, IL
Soldier Field Chicago, IL
Burl's Creek Event Grounds Canada

That's 11 (eleven) on sale right now in no particular order datewise. So there will be more maybe ..........?????

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 13, 2019 22:15

skyhawk

That's 11 (eleven) on sale right now in no particular order datewise. So there will be more maybe ..........?????

That are the old, postponed dates:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-13 23:55 by Irix.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 13, 2019 22:26

schwonek
Flight fares when tours are announced.
In the past I thought that big companies listen in and bump up flight fares when a tour is announced. But I noticed that is never the case. At least with flights from Germany to the US in the past. So as I have to rebook I am quite relaxed about the upcoming tour dates.
However - opening in NJ (not NYC, and not MSG ;-) would be a great surprise to me.

Yes, seems local hotels are the most impacted these days by tour announcements.

New Orleans airfare and hotels were already sky high due to Jazz Fest, but when the Stones announced their appearance, I believe there was another bump up as I recall.

Glad to see NO rumored to be getting a stand alone show now. I would be more inclined to travel there now to see it than when it was part of Jazz Fest.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: May 13, 2019 22:32

Irix
skyhawk

That are the old, postponed dates: [iorr.org] .

But if they reschedule for instance Miami, originally dated at April 20, later on, why isn't there a button on [www.rollingstones.com] to buy tickets for this TBD show? Just like the shows still on?

Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: May 13, 2019 22:50

skyhawk
Irix
skyhawk

But if they reschedule for instance Miami, originally dated at April 20, later on, why isn't there a button on [www.rollingstones.com] to buy tickets for this TBD show? Just like the shows still on?

Looks like rolling stones site drops the concerts that should already have taken place...probably set up a long time of ago ...doesn't mean anything..

Date: May 13, 2019 23:15

skyhawk
Irix
skyhawk

It's automatically removed because the original date has passed.

Date: May 13, 2019 23:20

Large commercial sites like TM and RS do have automatic routines to rotate shows on their lists once they are passing by the predetermined show dates. Some venues even send out a "thank you for attending the show" message, even if the postponed show never happened. Big sites simply do not have a human touch always, they are running by procedures and algorithms. Don't read anything out of show orders in such sites, the order is made by computers.

Bjornulf

Date: May 13, 2019 23:24

I see there is now a new order on this site!

Date: May 13, 2019 23:31

jumpontopofmebaby

Indeed... interesting.

Date: May 13, 2019 23:39

WelshEdge1
jumpontopofmebaby

Indeed... interesting.

where oh where are the new rumored dates for the new order we now have!

Date: May 13, 2019 23:45

jumpontopofmebaby
WelshEdge1
jumpontopofmebaby

Indeed... interesting.

where oh where are the new rumored dates for the new order we now have!

There are some pretty far jumps....like Canada to Houston / New Orleans to Phoenix.

I am hoping this puts a little snag in the show spacing and helps put the Denver show on a weekend!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home