Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 11, 2019 05:53

DREAMTIME
Send It To me
jumpontopofmebaby
DREAMTIME
WelshEdge1
jumpontopofmebaby
Are we sure that Chicago is the starting point?

Is it still possible they start a week earlier?

I don't think they want to be rushing into rehearsals etc to make the original NJ dates.

Besides, I think it's unlikely because it will only be a month from the announcement to first show if they do the original NJ shows.

But who knows!

Everyone knows you don't start a tour in NYC

Thank you Dreamtime

2012 they did London & NYC after not playing for six years, so...

So it started in London, not in NYC, and I wouldn't call that a 'tour'.

Oh really? Those were the first shows of the Fifty and Counting tour. That said, I wouldn't expect it again.

plexi

Date: May 11, 2019 05:57

Any thoughts on whether they might put more Lucky Dip tickets on sale? I would assume they will have a new series of ticket sales in general, at least for any shows with new dates. And they will likely announce on Tuesday the dates that the new ticket sales will begin.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 06:09 by timbernardis.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 11, 2019 06:32

I wonder what they will do with the Miami show? The tickets seemed to be selling at much higher prices as opposed to other dates on the tour. This, I assumed was
because Miami was the opening date of the tour. However, now it seems Chicago may
become the opening show. Maybe Miami will now be the ending date - which may also support premium ticket prices.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 11, 2019 06:36

timbernardis

Oh really? Those were the first shows of the Fifty and Counting tour. That said, I wouldn't expect it again.

plexi

Wouldn't be "again" so I wouldn't expect it either.
The shows celebrating their 50th started in London as we all recall in Nov 2012.
As a matter of fact, the last London show of that short run was only 9 days before the NY/NJ show(s).

The 2013 version of 50 and Counting didn't start up until May, many months later with new rehearsals, club show etc. Even though the tour adopted the same name, it started in LA.

It'd be like saying this upcoming tour started in Hamburg, Germany as opposed to Chicago because the first "No Filter" show was there in 2017.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 06:52 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 11, 2019 07:00

OT but current btw, and, let us not touch the actual subject w/ a 35 foot pole
(American Politics not allowed)
Having signed my premarital disclosure above:
Mick looked HOT showed pictures of Jagger on live HBO tonight
Hot Hot Hot
OLE OLE OLE OLE

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: May 11, 2019 08:06

Hi HairBall. I don't know LA very well, and I think that you do. I was wondering, after the Pasadena show at the Rose Bowl, do you think I would have enough time to catch a Megabus in Burbank at the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station? I would be traveling by cab or by Uber to Burbank. The bus leaves, heading to Oakland CA, at 11:25 p.m.Thanks!

Date: May 11, 2019 08:27

Regarding the Pasadena show, those of us from San Francisco/Bay Area could save a lot of money on travel and hotel costs if we took a Megabus or Greyhound bus to and from the show (arriving the day of the show and leaving later in the night after the show. But such a trip would be pretty grueling. But it would be more bearable if some of us traveled together. Still it might be just too hard to do.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 11, 2019 08:30

OhYesMeAgain
Hi HairBall. I don't know LA very well, and I think that you do. I was wondering, after the Pasadena show at the Rose Bowl, do you think I would have enough time to catch a Megabus in Burbank at the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station? I would be traveling by cab or by Uber to Burbank. The bus leaves, heading to Oakland CA, at 11:25 p.m.Thanks!

Hmmm...close call on that one depending on when the show ends and how swiftly you can get out of the stadium which could be the biggest delay.
According to google map directions, it's only 10 miles and apprx. a 14 minute drive between the the Rose Bowl and Burbank Metrolink taking the 134 freeway to the 5 freeway, but again might take a while to get out of the stadium area which can get congested. Maybe Dan or Dean Goodman or bluzdude can chime in with some advice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 08:35 by Hairball.

Date: May 11, 2019 08:45

Thanks HairBall. I know there are some variables and it usually takes longer than expected to get around after a show. Another option would be to take a Greyhound bus from Hollywood at 12:45 a.m. I should be able to make that one. I have to admit that some of these ideas sound good contemplating them now, but in reality, after a show, I am dead tired and would like to have a hotel room within walking distance of the stadium!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 11, 2019 09:24

kevinbud62583
They were around $150 each. I would have to look.

Don't want to clog up this thread with personal negotiations - especially as it's been so concise up to now winking smiley - so kevinbud62583 drop me an email (it's visible in my profile). I am interested in these tickets.

syrel

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 11, 2019 10:40

timbernardis
Any thoughts on whether they might put more Lucky Dip tickets on sale? I would assume they will have a new series of ticket sales in general, at least for any shows with new dates. And they will likely announce on Tuesday the dates that the new ticket sales will begin.

plexi

Thst will, of course, depend on how many ticket holders get a refund for a particular show. While it's almost certain that some tickets were held back at the initial sales (we saw some Pit ticket drops throughout the winter), most tickets have already been sold.

Whole new LD drops? Doubt it, but it's possible. Again depending on how many LD holders take the refund. See the LD thread where Lovingcupola managed to get a pair of LDs on May 1st!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 12:35 by Topi.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: May 11, 2019 13:09

TornAndFried
OneHourPhoto
Nellcote1971
Does anybody have any input on how this will affect new NJ dates?

[www.metlifestadium.com]

They won't be able to play during this.

The rides, games, etc set-up for the Fair itself takes up the front all of the two major parking lots.

Let alone all the parking needed for the attendees

Not true. The NJ State Fair takes place every summer at MetLife Stadium and there have been many concerts held while it's going on. There is plenty of parking and the fair only takes up a portion of the overall stadium parking lot.
I would think with such a grandiose statement filled with hyperbole, you would be able to list at least one of the "many" that took place.

Guess not.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 11, 2019 18:22

I hope Philadelphia is either just before or just after NJ!

Lincoln Financial Field is pretty close to the centre of Philadelphia. Foxborough is out of the way so would prefer Philly.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 11, 2019 18:35

OneHourPhoto
TornAndFried
OneHourPhoto
Nellcote1971
Does anybody have any input on how this will affect new NJ dates?

[www.metlifestadium.com]

They won't be able to play during this.

The rides, games, etc set-up for the Fair itself takes up the front all of the two major parking lots.

Let alone all the parking needed for the attendees

Not true. The NJ State Fair takes place every summer at MetLife Stadium and there have been many concerts held while it's going on. There is plenty of parking and the fair only takes up a portion of the overall stadium parking lot.
I would think with such a grandiose statement filled with hyperbole, you would be able to list at least one of the "many" that took place.

Guess not.

I've worked in concert production in the New York City area for over 25 years and have probably been to over 100 concerts and events at Giants Stadium and MetLife Stadium since 1989. So, I can say with authority they have held concerts (and sporting events) a number of times at the stadium while the New Jersey State Fair is going on. But since you need one example how about the pair of U2 shows that took place on June 28 & 29, 2017. If you want to look at the history of past shows at the stadium here is a website for your reference. Go knock yourself out, big guy. [www.concertarchives.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 23:02 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 11, 2019 18:54

WelshEdge1

Lincoln Financial Field is pretty close to the centre of Philadelphia. Foxborough is out of the way so would prefer Philly.

You’re not kidding about Foxboro. It’s an absolute pain in the arse to get to and back from. There’s a special train from Boston South, but it’s $20 return and as slow as treacle. It took me 2 hours each way in 2002.

Date: May 11, 2019 20:00

MisterDDDD
timbernardis

plexi

Wouldn't be "again" so I wouldn't expect it either.
The shows celebrating their 50th started in London as we all recall in Nov 2012.
As a matter of fact, the last London show of that short run was only 9 days before the NY/NJ show(s).

The 2013 version of 50 and Counting didn't start up until May, many months later with new rehearsals, club show etc. Even though the tour adopted the same name, it started in LA.

It'd be like saying this upcoming tour started in Hamburg, Germany as opposed to Chicago because the first "No Filter" show was there in 2017.

Two things Mister D:

I doubt it would happen again, meaning having London and NYC 1-2 in the order at the start of the tour.

As far as not considering it part of the larger tour and comparing it to No Filter, this would be the same as any other tour in the "modern era"/Vegas years including Voodoo, Bridges, Licks, Bang and so on including No Filter -- those had several legs of the same-name tour which were separated by some months, so 50 and Counting was no different.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 20:21 by timbernardis.

Date: May 11, 2019 20:10

timbernardis

Two things Mister D:

I doubt it would happen again, meaning having London and NYC 1-2 in the order at the start of the tour.

As far as not considering it part of the larger tour and comparing it to No Filter, this would be the same as any other tour in the "modern era"/Vegas years including Voodoo, Bridges, Licks, Bang and so on -- those had several legs of the same-name tour which were separated by some months, so 50 and Counting was no different.

plexi
Using your logic, 50 and Counting 2013 had to have started in London 2012 then.
Conversely, using my logic (and facts) it started in LA in May of 2013.
Neither conclusion has it starting in NY as you claimed.

Glad we hashed this out.
Enjoy this tour which you must believe started in Hamburg cool smiley
Imma stick with Chicago.

Date: May 11, 2019 20:26

Yes, it started in London in 2012. I didn't claim it started in NYC, that was the other guy. I said London-NYC which I wouldn't expect to happen again. And yes, No Filter started in Hamburg.

Perhaps we can further hash this out in Chicago which I assume you are attending, like me? Would like to meet you. Perhaps over a pint.

plexi

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: May 11, 2019 20:32

grzegorz67
WelshEdge1

You’re not kidding about Foxboro. It’s an absolute pain in the arse to get to and back from. There’s a special train from Boston South, but it’s $20 return and as slow as treacle. It took me 2 hours each way in 2002.

Bring extra beer, smokes, and snacks if you go to any concert at Foxboro. Leaving the concert after the show takes hours!

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: May 11, 2019 20:53

Shade
grzegorz67
WelshEdge1

Bring extra beer, smokes, and snacks if you go to any concert at Foxboro. Leaving the concert after the show takes hours!

LOL... people havnt seen anything yet...

anyone going from Toronto to Burls creek,, will see what a real Shit show looks like,,

HWY 400 north ( cottage country) is a mess any weekend in the summer, never mind long weekends, and if Burls dates stay the same gett ready for a slow trek

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: May 11, 2019 21:15

northernale1
Shade
grzegorz67
WelshEdge1

LOL... people havnt seen anything yet...

anyone going from Toronto to Burls creek,, will see what a real Shit show looks like,,

HWY 400 north ( cottage country) is a mess any weekend in the summer, never mind long weekends, and if Burls dates stay the same gett ready for a slow trek[/quotethumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 21:25 by PalaisRoyale.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: May 11, 2019 22:02

DREAMTIME

Don't see why not...it just never happened but you're right, also this time it doesn't start in NYC. In fact they don't do NYC at all....

Hendrik

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 11, 2019 22:29

Hendrik
DREAMTIME

Don't see why not...it just never happened but you're right, also this time it doesn't start in NYC. In fact they don't do NYC at all....

Hendrik

Is that because they’re doing NJ instead grinning smiley ? A NJ start would suit me very well but unfortunately hopes of that are fading very fast and Tuesday will very probably confirm it.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 11, 2019 22:36

grzegorz67
Hendrik
DREAMTIME

Hendrik
I dont see why they cant do an NJ start! It would be an amazing opener for them! 80,000 people chanting for this postponed tour all concerned about his health and a great place for him to show off how well he has recovered!

Is that because they’re doing NJ instead grinning smiley ? A NJ start would suit me very well but unfortunately hopes of that are fading very fast and Tuesday will very probably confirm it.

Date: May 11, 2019 22:41

timbernardis
Yes, it started in London in 2012. I didn't claim it started in NYC, that was the other guy. I said London-NYC which I wouldn't expect to happen again. And yes, No Filter started in Hamburg.

Perhaps we can further hash this out in Chicago which I assume you are attending, like me? Would like to meet you. Perhaps over a pint.

plexi
Sorry Plexi.

We don't disagree.
I was pointing out exactly that to the poster that was arguing it was a NY start to that tour.
Not sure why you replied to me instead of them, but NBD.
Yes, let's hash it out.. I'll buy the pint cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-12 00:40 by MisterDDDD.

Date: May 11, 2019 23:16

Anyone happen to know what time on Tuesday the announcement will be made?

plexi

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 11, 2019 23:24

timbernardis

plexi

NO

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 12, 2019 00:41

hoping seattle will be a weekend show now. much less complicated & don't have to take time off from work.

Date: May 12, 2019 00:45

timbernardis

plexi

If I had to guess I would go with 10AM local Chicago time (Central time zone),
8AM Pacific, 11AM Eastern. But just a guess.. I'll be watching for it early cool smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 12, 2019 01:01

I assume Ticketmaster will be sending a email to those who purchased Stones tickets via ticketmaster. Probably something from the Stones site as well.
Hope the dates leak a little earlier though this would be a big help to
those of us traveling and seeing multiple shows.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home