Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 10:30

Yes all things point to a Chicago start, Tuesday announcement possibly. Happy for those who have tickets, gutted I will be going back to Austria on June 19...

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 9, 2019 11:13

keefmick
Rumor has it they will be performing on barges in cities with rivers.

That's great!! Hahahahaahah!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 9, 2019 11:25

keefmick

Or on Flatbed-Trucks in Cities with Avenues .... winking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 9, 2019 11:55

Tonight I dreamed they were performing again and Mick sounded great and ran around like nothing happened. It might have been a vision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-09 11:56 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 9, 2019 13:50

NilsHolgersson
Tonight I dreamed they were performing again and Mick sounded great and ran around like nothing happened. It might have been a vision.

Might have been.
Or it could have been the chili.. cool smiley

Date: May 9, 2019 14:41

Cooltoplady
Maindefender
bv
austrianstones
thumbs up me too ,best oct./nov.
Woz
I'm looking forward to the fall dates.

It is hard to play stadiums like in Chicago Oct/Nov because already in Oct there will be freezing cold and snow. Even Washington D.C. and Boston and NJ isn't really a place go go for a warm holiday in Oct/Nov. May be you would go for a football game all dressed up with multiple layers, but I am not sure if you would pay $500 to sit on a chair on the field with snow and wind from the north at Soldier Field late fall. I am saying this just to tell it is not that easy to reschedule a tour of outdoor stadiums into any time of year.

Oct. 21, 1997 Foxboro below freezing temps at show time.......

Hi of 57 low of 46

[www.wunderground.com]

It was about the same the night before. I was there on October 20th,1997 and wore a sweatshirt and I was fine.

The RECORD low there on that date (October 20th) is 32 degrees F.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 15:10

syrel
Is anyone else worried that this delay is going to make it even harder to pick up decent priced pit tickets?

syrel

if you are going to try to get them, I would do it now before they either cancel or announce the official make-up dates.

I assume tickets are "cheaper" while the tour is still in limbo.

I don't know what "decent price" is to you, though.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 9, 2019 15:36

They are not cheaper; Chicago pits have stayed consistently at 1600 for the last few weeks. Stubhub prices have dropped a bit, but I can't risk buying from there until new dates are confirmed. 'Decent' to me is face value.

syrel

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 9, 2019 15:52

Canada Pit 1's are available for face value.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: May 9, 2019 15:58

What about the NJ shows? They will remove to september 21 and 25?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 9, 2019 16:07

It is Thursday and so far no announcement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-09 16:08 by CJFP.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 9, 2019 16:14

Irix
keefmick

Or on Flatbed-Trucks in Cities with Avenues .... winking smiley

or from the island in the middle of Lake Bled! [look it up!]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 9, 2019 16:41

Cooltoplady
Maindefender
bv
austrianstones
Woz

It is hard to play stadiums like in Chicago Oct/Nov because already in Oct there will be freezing cold and snow. Even Washington D.C. and Boston and NJ isn't really a place go go for a warm holiday in Oct/Nov. May be you would go for a football game all dressed up with multiple layers, but I am not sure if you would pay $500 to sit on a chair on the field with snow and wind from the north at Soldier Field late fall. I am saying this just to tell it is not that easy to reschedule a tour of outdoor stadiums into any time of year.

Hi of 57 low of 46

[www.wunderground.com]

Show was in Foxboro, why would you post Logan airport temps?? Fake news.....enjoy your fake news day

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 16:51

Maindefender
Cooltoplady
Maindefender
bv
austrianstones
Woz

Hi of 57 low of 46

[www.wunderground.com]

Show was in Foxboro, why would you post Logan airport temps?? Fake news.....enjoy your fake news day

Come on. I hope you're joking.

If not, look at a map. Foxboro is only 25 miles (40km) south of Logan.

Temperature difference is negligible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-09 16:52 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 9, 2019 17:12

CJFP

I will gladly pay you TUESDAY for a hamburger today.
Topi

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: May 9, 2019 17:35

I just love Wimpy!

Date: May 9, 2019 17:41

35love
CJFP

Topi
Are we expecting an announcement on Tuesday now? Hard to follow this thread sometimes!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 18:04

CJFP
35love
CJFP

Topi
Are we expecting an announcement on Tuesday now? Hard to follow this thread sometimes!

Yes

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 9, 2019 18:12

stickyfingers101
Maindefender
Cooltoplady
Maindefender
bv
austrianstones
Woz

Hi of 57 low of 46

[www.wunderground.com]

Temperature difference is negligible.

Negligible my ass. I believe Sheryl Crow opened that night

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-09 18:16 by Maindefender.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 9, 2019 18:58

A lot of wishful thinking posted here the last few pages with the tour starting in Chicago I believe on the original dates which I find to be wishful thinking . First off no OFFICAL announcement , secondly when the Stones mount a tour they rehearse first and there are some to many sightings/reports and posts in regards to the rehearsals , only crickets can be heard . Because of the health concerns of Mick this is a front page and lead story on all channels and outlets . There will be massive reports when and hopefully the tour rolls . I do not mean to be negative as we have tickets for both Chicago shows , in addition to Foxboro, Landover MD, and lastly Metlife in NJ . So we have a lot vested in this both in time and money and our hearts desire to sing along with our favorite band . I have always been a doubting Thomas on a good day and now I am downright fill in the blank for your choice of an adjective to describe this .

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 19:29

There are quite a few posters here who are not relying on wishful thinking but have real information from various sources.

It was stated by two independent users with some good connections that the announcement is planned for next week.
Of course plans can change but as of right now, I think we will get info on any major changes to be made to that desicion.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 19:46

TheGreek
A lot of wishful thinking posted here the last few pages with the tour starting in Chicago I believe on the original dates which I find to be wishful thinking . First off no OFFICAL announcement , secondly when the Stones mount a tour they rehearse first and there are some to many sightings/reports and posts in regards to the rehearsals , only crickets can be heard . Because of the health concerns of Mick this is a front page and lead story on all channels and outlets . There will be massive reports when and hopefully the tour rolls . I do not mean to be negative as we have tickets for both Chicago shows , in addition to Foxboro, Landover MD, and lastly Metlife in NJ . So we have a lot vested in this both in time and money and our hearts desire to sing along with our favorite band . I have always been a doubting Thomas on a good day and now I am downright fill in the blank for your choice of an adjective to describe this .

I would reference the fact that back in early April, individuals associated with the tour told Billboard that they expected the Stones to be back on road in July (with no specific timing within the month referenced).

I personally don't see it as a major leap to see them start essentially 1-1.5 weeks earlier (Chicago June 21 start date that has been referenced as a possibility) than the start of July based on that information.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 19:51

Stonesfan2146
There are quite a few posters here who are not relying on wishful thinking but have real information from various sources.

It was stated by two independent users with some good connections that the announcement is planned for next week.
Of course plans can change but as of right now, I think we will get info on any major changes to be made to that desicion.

I tend to believe the users in question. Announcement expected next Tuesday, with the Chicago Double Header likely to open the tour, and on the original dates or close to. Soldier Field's certainly available. But as ever, nothing's 100% certain!

Posted by: koestjue ()
Date: May 9, 2019 20:09

Got following from NRG stadium in Houston - unfortunately I missed the showgrinning smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 9, 2019 21:00

Nellcote1971
Yes all things point to a Chicago start, Tuesday announcement possibly.

I'm was fearing something like this. Therefore I gave up my LD tickets and asked for a refund

If anyone gets section G row 1, seats 33 and 34 or section G, row 3, seats 25 and 26 with LD one or both the Chicago shows should thank me (bribes are welcomed ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-09 21:11 by slewan.

Date: May 9, 2019 21:02

What happened to the idea of a NJ start?

Date: May 9, 2019 21:02

Have they changed the location of FedEx Field to Washington DC (from Landover, MD) or was it like this from the beginning (I don't think so)?

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 9, 2019 21:07

Maindefender

Oct. 21, 1997 Foxboro below freezing temps at show time.......[/quote]

Hi of 57 low of 46

[www.wunderground.com][/quote]

Show was in Foxboro, why would you post Logan airport temps?? Fake news.....enjoy your fake news day[/quote]

Temperature difference is negligible.[/quote]

Negligible my ass. I believe Sheryl Crow opened that night[/quote]

are you guys arguing about the weather??

Foxboro is about an hour away from the airport and is inland, so the airport would feel much colder since it's on the ocean and windier.

I was at that Foxboro show in '97 and it was miserably cold. I won't go if they play there in October. Actually, I won't go to Foxboro at all, as I swore I would never return. I hate that @#$%& place.

I am more likely to drive to see them in NJ

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 9, 2019 21:14

The tour will we over by the time fall is arriving so no worries. We are talking about a tour from June across July and into August, so weather will be fine.

Bjornulf

Date: May 9, 2019 21:36

CJFP
What happened to the idea of a NJ start?

In his initial post about that rumours (two weeks ago), BV said that Chicago "and the shows 1-2 weeks before that" could go ahead on their original dates.

With this...
DREAMTIME
I think we will hear something on Tuesday

... and this
Topi
Chicago opening. Announcement next week.

it looks very mich like the ship for NJ (on original dates) has sailed.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home