Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 8, 2019 18:21

I'm looking forward to the fall dates.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: May 8, 2019 18:49

thumbs up me too ,best oct./nov.
Woz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 18:49 by austrianstones.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2019 19:15

austrianstones
Woz

It is hard to play stadiums like in Chicago Oct/Nov because already in Oct there will be freezing cold and snow. Even Washington D.C. and Boston and NJ isn't really a place go go for a warm holiday in Oct/Nov. May be you would go for a football game all dressed up with multiple layers, but I am not sure if you would pay $500 to sit on a chair on the field with snow and wind from the north at Soldier Field late fall. I am saying this just to tell it is not that easy to reschedule a tour of outdoor stadiums into any time of year.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 19:17 by bv.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 8, 2019 19:16

I already went and changed my return flight from Chicago in anticipation of a possible fall tour and more vacation days in the pocket. But if NJ and CHI #1 happen on the original dates, I'd still be in. Since my Chicago #2 Lucky Dips could not be transferred to another person (I specifically asked Ticketmaster about this) I already got a refund for them.

A week in New York/New Jersey in any other month than July (when I'm supposed to be working) would still work for me. As it stands, I will have enough vacation days left to make another trip across the pond. Lucky to have accommodation at a friend's place in NJ so it would just be the flights.

We are going to get what we need, people.

Date: May 8, 2019 19:29

The rumored dates posted awhile ago running from August 31 through October 26 are the most reasonable thing I have seen posted here. The dates all more or less work (notwithstanding the Santa Clara on a Wednesday night issue) and allow Jagger a 90 day recovery period before rehearsals - let alone a tour- something that sounds reasonable to me. Actually postponing the dates as announced also makes sense and avoids the issue of reinstating a show during the summer when I'd wager many ticketholders have now made alternate plans for.

I have a hard time believing they would reinstate any date other than the Canadian date and I just think that is too soon. I suspect that show to be cancelled outright.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 19:54 by Woz.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 19:42

It’s all down to Mick’s doctors and whether he is given the all clear for some shows on the original dates.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 19:48

Woz
The rumored dates posted awhile ago running from August 31 through October 26 are the most reasonable thing I have seen posted here. The dates all more or less work (notwithstanding the Santa Clara on a Wednesday night issue) and allow Jagger a 90 day recovery period before rehearsals - let alone a tour- something that sounds reasonable to me. Actually postponing the dates as announced also makes sense and avoids the issue of reinstating a show during the summer when I'd wager many ticketholders have now made alternate plans for.

I have a hard time believing they would reinstate any date other than the Canadian date and I just think that is too soon.

Is a week earlier truly that substantial of a difference in terms of starting with the two Chicago shows one week earlier?

I would think that New Jersey retaining their original dates appears to be very close to being eliminated from the conversation as more time passes prior to announcement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 19:49 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 19:51

Would anyone want to wait until summer of 2020? I wouldn't.

Date: May 8, 2019 20:00

clapton71

Neither would I.

A year is a long time.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: May 8, 2019 20:01

bv
Christiaan
This is how it works here Hendrik. Hou know that ofcourse. But it’s how Bjornulf wants it. If you want to know something, you have to scroll
Groeten Chris

If there was another way of running this discussion then please let me know.

My 2 cents would be to limit/restrict/eliminate the way, way, way, way too many posts of "If they can re-scheduled the tour this way <in their first world problem solution> I am going to show X, Y and Z"

that would eliminate about 80 of the 83 pages of nonsense

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 8, 2019 20:06

clapton71
Mick Jagger Cardiologist might ?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 8, 2019 20:09

bv
Christiaan
This is how it works here Hendrik. Hou know that ofcourse. But it’s how Bjornulf wants it. If you want to know something, you have to scroll
Groeten Chris

You can have two threads:

- Postponed tour rumors 2019
- Tour 2019 with nothing being used before the postponed tour is rescheduled with real and official dates. If this thread gets filled with junk then just delete it - or keep it closed until official announcement.

Date: May 8, 2019 20:11

By that time I think the energy will be down...will be interesting to see, if we ever do, how the reviews for the first several shows are. I just got an email from the State Farm Stadium asking me to rate my experience for the show.

Date: May 8, 2019 20:12

> I just got an email from the State Farm Stadium asking me to rate my experience for the show. <

That's hysterical!

Date: May 8, 2019 20:15

TheGreek
clapton71

The recovery time for a TAVR is not that long.

Plus there are other band members in their 70’s. So a year delay is not a good idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 20:18 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2019 20:18

clapton71
By that time I think the energy will be down...will be interesting to see, if we ever do, how the reviews for the first several shows are. I just got an email from the State Farm Stadium asking me to rate my experience for the show.

Same here....I went ahead and filled out the entire survey as if the show had actually taken place, giving 100% positive answers about everything.
But for additional comments, I complained a bit about the setlist that was filled with too many warhorses.grinning smiley

Date: May 8, 2019 20:20

Too funny.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 8, 2019 20:21

WelshEdge1
TheGreek
clapton71

Plus there are other band members in their 70’s. So a year delay is not a good idea.

Yeah, its way better that maybe they go out too early and god forbid it makes the medical matter worse.

Like I know thats not gonna happen, but come on. Its not good to have a 70 year old wait because who knows how much time they have left. Its also not good to have a 70 year old do something too soon because, yknow, he's an old sack of bones and something could happen any minute. There's no win-win. When Jagger is ready and healthy enough to tour again, he will. Thankfully, this isn't like if something happened to Keith. Jagger is smart, sensible, and professional and wouldn't go out unless he absolutely could. If there was one person I fully trusted an opinion on touringwise, it would be him. When it happens, it happens.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 8, 2019 20:21

mtaylor
bv
Christiaan
Groeten Chris

You can have two threads:

- Postponed tour rumors 2019
- Tour 2019 with nothing being used before the postponed tour is rescheduled with real and official dates. If this thread gets filled with junk then just delete it - or keep it closed until official announcement.

And a third:

- I Just Want Mick To Get Well

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 8, 2019 20:39

bv
Christiaan
Groeten Chris

No Björnulf, not telling you how run your site. It’s your site. You have written somewhere here how you want it. I just go along with it. I’m scrolling in the discussing to your initials (bv) pop up to read to the important news. And some other comments I read as well. But sorry to write this, but sometimes it’s hard to read al the quotes in the quotes.
Beside of that, your site is all ways best informed. So I’m happy to be here. And try sometimes to contribute with some news or some YouTube films. And sometimes I react to some, maybe I shouldn’t do that.....cool smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 8, 2019 20:44

Sorry to use the quotes......spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2019 21:00

About IORR threads and posting moderation:

This thread has got more than 2,500 posts. It is a free world. I am not in the position to censor or moderate in detail. If posts are offending, sure, they will be taken away if needed. Still, IORR is a free service, and it would be a full time job to moderate every thread every post with what I would deem to be interesting or not interesting. I have a life of my own, I can not spend 8-12 hours every day reading and moderating thousands of threads. Also, I do not want to industrialize IORR by outsourcing that task to other moderators.

I have absolutely no problems reading every post in this thread, it takes may be some minutes or an hour, every now and then, if I haven't been here for a while. Some posts are more interesting than others. If there is information of vital information then it will be posted as NEWS in the IORR NEWS section. The rest is just rumours and talks. If you want to know about all rumours, then they will be here, if not, why bother reading this thread?

There could have been 25 separate threads with 100 posts each, rather than 2,500 posts in each thread. The challenge then would be that 15-20 of these 25 threads would simply vanish in thread history and nobody would be able to find them next week or the week after. There are a million posts and tens of thousands of threads on IORR, not always easy to find by searching.

Some do seem to believe I am sitting in with Mick in France and I have all the details of the tour and the new dates and all of that. Well sorry to say I am not. Also, it is the fact that the info from Mick alone or Keith alone or a promoter alone or some other insider alone is not enough to know the whole picture. It is a large operation, some know something, others know something else. I know by experience, as I have been talking to sources since long time before I started IORR in 1980 which is now 39 years ago.

I think the main challenge here is patience. Many do want to know exactly what is important for them, nothing else. That is rather ignorant. IORR is a place where everyone should be able to express their opinion and feelings within reasonable limits. If you don't care, then ignore. If you are interested, then feel free to follow, read and/or post.

If Warsaw was the last show for a while, then we will know soon. If there will be more shows this summer, we will know soon. Either way, we are all impatient, same are more impatient than others, and it helps to talk during all the waiting.

For me, the most important part of this all is for Mick to be well, because after decades of great music and touring, I do care about his well being. Next to that, if everything work well, I would not mind having another tour to attend this summer. We all wait impatiently for the details.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 8, 2019 21:15

WelshEdge1
TheGreek
clapton71

Please re read my response

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: May 8, 2019 21:21

bv
About IORR threads and .....

Kudos mate.
Patience is a virtue. Its hard sometimes, but it is the way it is.
Personally im sitting on 2 Chicago trips with tix, But hey, shit happens.

Sure i refresh a lot this Thread...although i know no news or exspect One .

Travelling abroad To a Concert ist Not a Right, its a privilige.
As Every privilidge, you have to pay.

Simple as that.

Sure im partially sad about the postponment.
But hey, it is just an additional Fun in our lifes.

Ps keep the wrong english words (been typing on a Walk on mobile)

Pps @bv please dont change anything , you are the constant we Need.

Kind reagards, telek

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 21:23 by TeleK.

Date: May 8, 2019 21:27

Wait Training!

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 21:29

austrianstones
Woz
What Fall dates?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 8, 2019 21:32

WelshEdge1
It’s all down to Mick’s doctors and whether he is given the all clear for some shows on the original dates.

Doctors AND insurance companies.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 8, 2019 21:42

bv
austrianstones
Woz

It is hard to play stadiums like in Chicago Oct/Nov because already in Oct there will be freezing cold and snow. Even Washington D.C. and Boston and NJ isn't really a place go go for a warm holiday in Oct/Nov. May be you would go for a football game all dressed up with multiple layers, but I am not sure if you would pay $500 to sit on a chair on the field with snow and wind from the north at Soldier Field late fall. I am saying this just to tell it is not that easy to reschedule a tour of outdoor stadiums into any time of year.

Oct. 21, 1997 Foxboro below freezing temps at show time.......

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 9, 2019 00:08

Maindefender
bv
austrianstones
Woz

Oct. 21, 1997 Foxboro below freezing temps at show time.......

Hi of 57 low of 46

[www.wunderground.com]

Date: May 9, 2019 00:16

Might need to move this circus to indoors.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home