Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 8, 2019 04:22

rcfoxy
I spoke with a member of the Rolling Stones Band here in Auckland NZ on Saturday night about a few things - but not directly new tour dates.

I did however finish by saying - "See you in Chicago" - his response was "Yes You Will"...so yes he may mean in 3 months time or next year...or just one day, BUT that is not how I read it, or what his body language was saying.

So unless something changes this week or next....I'm very much in the expecting tour announcement soon camp smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 8, 2019 05:05

35love
rcfoxy
I spoke with a member of the Rolling Stones Band here in Auckland NZ on Saturday night about a few things - but not directly new tour dates.

I did however finish by saying - "See you in Chicago" - his response was "Yes You Will"...so yes he may mean in 3 months time or next year...or just one day, BUT that is not how I read it, or what his body language was saying.

So unless something changes this week or next....I'm very much in the expecting tour announcement soon camp smiling smiley

thumbs up

Keith and Sasha are in NY

Ries is in Canada

Denson is touring The USA

Wood is in England

Mick is in Paris

Charlie doesnt talk

Leavell At home Blogging

Jones recording with bernard in The USA

So you met Matt Clifford?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 05:27 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: May 8, 2019 05:48

Bernard is in NZ

Date: May 8, 2019 05:55

coloradocanyons
Bernard is in NZ

Ahh my mistake. I guess rcfoxy didn't know his name.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 8, 2019 06:21

He did.

Date: May 8, 2019 06:30

Topi
He did.

How do you know? he just said member of The Rolling Stones band. No name. I guess he had to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 8, 2019 06:38

Well I’m still sitting in Hard Rock Stadium hoping they come on at anytime. I have to pee really bad but I don’t want to miss anything. Yes levity is a good thing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 06:48 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: May 8, 2019 06:51

Cooltoplady
Topi
He did.

How do you know? he just said member of The Rolling Stones band. No name. I guess he had to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Our man in NZ knows a Bernard when he sees one. Riddle me this: how did he know The One Who Shall Remain Nameless was with the band? winking smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 8, 2019 06:57

Topi
Cooltoplady
Topi
He did.

Our man in NZ knows a Bernard when he sees one. Riddle me this: how did he know The One Who Shall Remain Nameless was with the band? winking smiley

He had on a T - shirt that said "I'm with the band" or maybe he talked to a guy named Barney Flower and was mistaken. Actually I don't believe half of what people post on here.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 8, 2019 07:03

rcfoxy

thumbs up
Good info Richard.
See you in Chicago!

Date: May 8, 2019 07:09

Maybe the Nameless one went like this:

[getyarn.io]

[getyarn.io]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 07:10 by Topi.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 8, 2019 07:10

Foxie talked to Barnard, I was there. We both caught up with him at a sound check for the touring group, A Bowie Celebration. Richard was circumspect in not naming names, but it seems that secret is out. Nonetheless, I confirm only because Richard does not BS, he does not have to, he's straightforward. And as he freely admits, though Barnard did say he'd see us in Chicago, he did not say when. so that's no news either.

BTW, Barnard has a new CD out...unexpected and adventurous. Give it a listen if you haven't yet.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 8, 2019 08:40

MisterDDDD
rcfoxy

thumbs up
Good info Richard.
See you in Chicago!

Of course he will say "Yes You Will". He would never have said "No" or hesitated.....

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: May 8, 2019 12:07

Sounds like solid info to me. And I'm sure OP didn't name names as he didn't want to cause any issues. Bernard might get a slap! Funny as it's usually Ronnie

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 8, 2019 12:57

Barnard must be thrilled at the thought of you guys traveling to Chicago to see one of his solo gigs...
smileys with beer

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: May 8, 2019 12:59

mtaylor
MisterDDDD
rcfoxy

thumbs up
Good info Richard.
See you in Chicago!

Of course he will say "Yes You Will". He would never have said "No" or hesitated.....

Yup,.. Plus "See you in <INSERT ANY CITY>" would have also received the same Yes You Will response

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 8, 2019 14:47

bv
An announcement of dates is expected this week or next week. There have been talks about starting the tour with the Chicago dates, i.e starting June 21. Some rumours have talked about starting 2-3 shows before that, i.e. NJ or even the Boston date, but as the announcement is taking time, and they need time for rehearsals, this is a long shot, even if it is still possible.

Great news. Thx.
So they might start with:
Fri Jun 21 Soldier Field Chicago, IL
Tue Jun 25 Soldier Field Chicago, IL
Sat Jun 29 Burl's Creek Event Grounds

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: May 8, 2019 14:56

We have now 83 pages of rumours, assumptions, speculations and 'conclusions', making each other more crazy every day..

In a few more days we will find out what will really happen and then we can finally close this thread..

Hendrik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 15:21 by Hendrik.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 8, 2019 15:00

Hendrik
We have now 83 pages of rumours, speculations and 'conclusions', making each other more crazy every day..

In a few more days we will find out what will really happen and then we can finally close this thread..

Hendrik

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Bunzing ()
Date: May 8, 2019 15:01

@Hendrik, we all know you know more. So tell us! Bunzing

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 15:34

I’ll try to go to one more show on top of my two NJ shows, depending on the new routing.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 8, 2019 16:26

WelshEdge1
I’ll try to go to one more show on top of my two NJ shows, depending on the new routing.

I'm going to try for three as well. It's getting late.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 8, 2019 16:33

Hendrik
We have now 83 pages of rumours, assumptions, speculations and 'conclusions', making each other more crazy every day..

Hendrik

This is how it works here Hendrik. You know that ofcourse. But it’s how Bjornulf wants it. If you want to know something, you have to scroll

Groeten Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 20:22 by Christiaan.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2019 16:46

Christiaan
This is how it works here Hendrik. Hou know that ofcourse. But it’s how Bjornulf wants it. If you want to know something, you have to scroll
Groeten Chris

If there was another way of running this discussion then please let me know.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 17:11

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 17:27

steffialicia
WelshEdge1

I'm going to try for three as well. It's getting late.

If NJ happens, I'll go to both because I'll be there anyway. If not, I'm not going to go out of my way. There's always the risk of a further postponement and it's too much of a risk coming from the UK. Looking forward to a nice holiday in the US and if the Stones do feature, so much the better thumbs up. I think we can forget about Foxboro for now, and the longer the delay to the announcement, the less the likelihood of NJ on the original dates.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 17:59

I fear this is another day without any news...not a good sign for those of us hoping for East Rutherford

Date: May 8, 2019 18:05

Yes I fear the same.
I think if there is a tiny (!) chance left for Foxboro this would need to be announced today as it's scheduled a month from now.
East Rutherford is getting more unrealistic by the hour as well, but there is hope left something could be announced this week.
Chicago could be feasible if the announcement is next week as well.
Of course there is also the possibility nothing will come out of those rumours...

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 18:13

hockenheim95
I fear this is another day without any news...not a good sign for those of us hoping for East Rutherford

I do not know anything, but would think it was be easy to announce that they are keeping the dates if that was the direction selected.

The hold up could be rearranging the New Jersey dates prior to an announcement, which makes me think that an announcement next week, if one is coming, is more likely than this week, given that it is already Wednesday.

Date: May 8, 2019 18:19

Dougratajczak87
hockenheim95

I do not know anything, but would think it was be easy to announce that they are keeping the dates if that was the direction selected.

The hold up could be rearranging the New Jersey dates prior to an announcement, which makes me think that an announcement next week, if one is coming, is more likely than this week, given that it is already Wednesday.

There are probably a lot of puzzles to solve. Some dates might be locked in already, some not... Maybe it depends on a final go/decision by Mick's doctors/insurers. This still has to be an obstacle as well... I am not saying it's easy to reschedule a dozen of dates but I can't imagine stadium availability is the main (or only) issue when most of them are wide open all summer long.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home