Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: May 7, 2019 16:29

Winning Ugly VXII
Rolling Stones.com has the Arizona,Miami,and Jacksonville (and of course New Orleans) removed from the list.

Maybe because they were all supposed to take place by tonight ..... or maybe because of slow ticket sales for Arizona and Jacksonville.

Maybe for the Arizona concert,they should have gone with the baseball stadium instead of the huge football stadium.

Yes that's what we have seen since April 20. Once it's the date a concert was supposed to take place it is removed from the list.
So on Saturday Pasadena will be gone as well... Or hopefully something new will have appeared by then

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 7, 2019 16:39

Nellcote1971
Winning Ugly VXII
Rolling Stones.com has the Arizona,Miami,and Jacksonville (and of course New Orleans) removed from the list.

Maybe because they were all supposed to take place by tonight ..... or maybe because of slow ticket sales for Arizona and Jacksonville.

Maybe for the Arizona concert,they should have gone with the baseball stadium instead of the huge football stadium.

Yes that's what we have seen since April 20. Once it's the date a concert was supposed to take place it is removed from the list.
So on Saturday Pasadena will be gone as well... Or hopefully something new will have appeared by then

Hopefully something new, indeed.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 7, 2019 16:44

TheGreek
Cooltoplady
winos
I'm hoping like hell that the tour starts in Chicago on the same date in June as I've bought 3 airline tickets which can't be changed without extra costs to travel from Melbourne Australia to see them and internal flights from SFO to Chicago, NYC, Dallas to LAX.

The whole tour is postponed I don’t know why people just don’t get it.
And we have not heard ONE OFFICAL word since the cancellation have we ?

Mick has said it. Ticketmaster has said it The Rolling Stones web site has said it. BV has said it. The whole tour is postponed NOT just the first dates. Nothing has even been said about cancellation about the tour as you have stated. I don’t understand how people are hoping for things that have already been stated. The WHOLE tour is postponed

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-07 16:50 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 7, 2019 17:05

As a side note I’m not sure you understand the difference between the word postponed and canceled

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 7, 2019 17:19

forsure
As a side note I’m not sure you understand the difference between the word postponed and canceled

postponed = the tour will take some time later
canceled = the tour won't take place at all

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 7, 2019 17:38

Cooltoplady
TheGreek
Cooltoplady
winos
I'm hoping like hell that the tour starts in Chicago on the same date in June as I've bought 3 airline tickets which can't be changed without extra costs to travel from Melbourne Australia to see them and internal flights from SFO to Chicago, NYC, Dallas to LAX.

Mick has said it. Ticketmaster has said it The Rolling Stones web site has said it. BV has said it. The whole tour is postponed NOT just the first dates. Nothing has even been said about cancellation about the tour as you have stated. I don’t understand how people are hoping for things that have already been stated. The WHOLE tour is postponed
It would make sense and save money and be good for ticket holders to just reschedule the tour and keep most of the original dates. It is entirely possible.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 7, 2019 17:49

CJFP

It would make sense and save money and be good for ticket holders to just reschedule the tour and keep most of the original dates. It is entirely possible.

It is (nearly) entirely impossible.
Nearly 30% of the original dates have already passed and they'd have to open in Seattle in two weeks to retain even 50% of original dates. Of course that's not going to happen.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 7, 2019 18:12

Cooltoplady
TheGreek
Cooltoplady
winos

For what it is worth, if I were managing the Stones, I wouldn't announce a partial postponement, even if it was possible that some of the original dates could stick due to the nature of the reason for the postponement (i.e. medical which could go well or have issues).

If it was later to be determined that I could make 3-5 of the original dates, I'd rather announce a postponement and change all the dates to TBD, and figure that out later.

They aren't going to change dates for the sake of changing dates. If they comfortable feel that they can make any of the original dates, they will. If they don't, then they will reschedule, as needed.

As it stands, it seems that they may be comfortable starting in New Jersey or Chicago (with Chicago being more likely with each day that passes).

As a final note, all the language for the dates continues to say TBA or TBD, which means, just what it says, TBD, could be same date, might be different, we do not know, except for dates that have already passed smiling smiley. That ship has already sailed smiling smiley.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-07 18:16 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 7, 2019 19:30

The tour was postponed as announced on March 30. If they later on find out that may be one or more of the original dates, like CHI, may be used due to an earlier start than originally expected, then I can't see any problems with that. It would be great news.

Right now, as a fan of the Stones, I do only have two concerns:

1. Get well Mick
2. Hopes for a tour this year

Bjornulf

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 7, 2019 19:36

I hope for Chicago the original dates, but agree to Björnulf, get well Mick!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 7, 2019 19:56

I think it would have better had the powers that be said that each date is subject to change, or may remain the same, based on Mick's recuperation. I'd hate to be the person who changed everything around based on learning that the tour was postponed when in actuality, maybe not all dates will be postponed. A big mess but most important, Mick appears to be doing great.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: May 7, 2019 20:17

It happened the exact same thing with the 2006 european tour. of course, Keith fell down a tree in Fiji, had to be operated etc. The euro tour was due to start in a month.
Some of the dates were kept, some postponed by days/weeks, some canceled altogether, some postponed to 2007.
of course it was a big mess, but is was solved.
wa had to wait for weeks for the announcement of the "new" dates. I got lucky and "my" date, postponed about 3 weeks, became the euro opener (Milan). and Italy won the soccer world cup 2 days prior, so it became a big party (with 2 italian soccer players on stage in the encores...)
have faith and patience, everybody.
[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-07 20:23 by superglen.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 7, 2019 20:59

Not a good memory the first 2007 European shows...
I was in Paris, So disappointed.

superglen
It happened the exact same thing with the 2006 european tour. of course, Keith fell down a tree in Fiji, had to be operated etc. The euro tour was due to start in a month.
Some of the dates were kept, some postponed by days/weeks, some canceled altogether, some postponed to 2007.
of course it was a big mess, but is was solved.
wa had to wait for weeks for the announcement of the "new" dates. I got lucky and "my" date, postponed about 3 weeks, became the euro opener (Milan). and Italy won the soccer world cup 2 days prior, so it became a big party (with 2 italian soccer players on stage in the encores...)
have faith and patience, everybody.
[iorr.org]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: May 7, 2019 21:05

steffialicia
I think it would have better had the powers that be said that each date is subject to change, or may remain the same, based on Mick's recuperation. I'd hate to be the person who changed everything around based on learning that the tour was postponed when in actuality, maybe not all dates will be postponed. A big mess but most important, Mick appears to be doing great.

"To Be Determined" essentially says what you wish for and is how the shows have been listed since the postponement announcement.

If they "determine" they can play on a few select original dates, most, if not all fans will understand the uncertainty, regardless if they used "subject to change" or "maybe" or... TBD.

Date: May 7, 2019 21:11

Christiaan

Omg I can’t take it anymore I’ll be back when the tour starts

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 7, 2019 22:25

MisterDDDD
CJFP

Nearly 30% of the original dates have already passed and they'd have to open in Seattle in two weeks to retain even 50% of original dates. Of course that's not going to happen.
Moving the beginning to the end and starting in the middle.

Date: May 7, 2019 22:37

CJFP
MisterDDDD
CJFP

Still doesn't get you to "most".
Just math.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: May 7, 2019 22:37

CJFP

That's not happening on the original dates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-07 22:38 by coloradocanyons.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2019 22:49

Cooltoplady
Christiaan

hopefully we'll get all original dates!

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: May 7, 2019 22:54

bv
The tour was postponed as announced on March 30. If they later on find out that may be one or more of the original dates, like CHI, may be used due to an earlier start than originally expected, then I can't see any problems with that. It would be great news.

Right now, as a fan of the Stones, I do only have two concerns:

1. Get well Mick
2. Hopes for a tour this year

Right on BV! As you’re stated 5-6-7 times it really is that simple! While I understand everyone’s posts about concerns and speculation with travel plans and such, which I do read, lol, everyone just needs to be patient. We will know soon enough!
Most important GET WELL MICK!

Date: May 7, 2019 23:38

treaclefingers
Cooltoplady
Christiaan

Ok treaclefingers now that’s funny

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: May 8, 2019 00:07

The most important thing is that they get close to the original dates of surgery while simultaneously being unafraid to venture forth into terra incognito. It may seem straightforward to many but to have a lead singer who needs to both honor Chicago and New Jersey and to assist however possible in the construction of other worlds in the minds of many who would otherwise still pay to see him in Glendale. I feel sincerely that if there is not a resolution in the next 1-20 weeks then we may be looking at a scenario in which a simple operation may prove to be a bridge too far in the larger scheme of things, i.e., the times and dates of American football squads who may or may not end up being sympathetic to such a rudimentary and yet profound rearrangement of their own tours of duty. We can only hope of course that a new album composed entirely of originals and even more entirely of covers will be executed and pressed (within the confines of the meteorologically challenging vicissitudes of the North American autumn, out-of-doors-speaking). All that having been said, and rehearsal arrangements notwithstanding in hotels and sound studios TBA, we can all surely agree that the judgements and adjournments propounded hereabouts will yield with a certainty bordering on the infinite a happy and fulfilling stasis, sans beer bellies and porkpie hats.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2019 00:16

Cooltoplady
treaclefingers
Cooltoplady
Christiaan

Ok treaclefingers now that’s funny

Levity is the oil that smoothes away the friction of life. Or something.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 8, 2019 00:28

I’m still hoping for hot fun in the summertime. Would love a summer date. Do not care if the stage is a postage stamp. I am there for the music. Thank you.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 8, 2019 00:32

Good to see most people on here are still wearing their tinfoil hats!

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: May 8, 2019 02:12

keefmick

I got my official Rolling Stones Limited Edition tinfoil hat. It was $200 on their website.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 8, 2019 03:26

keefgotsoul
keefmick

I got my official Rolling Stones Limited Edition tinfoil hat. It was $200 on their website.

So how did you get 25% off?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 8, 2019 04:05

Just got a text from Ticketmaster reminding me of The Glendale Concert tonight!

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 8, 2019 04:13

I spoke with a member of the Rolling Stones Band here in Auckland NZ on Saturday night about a few things - but not directly new tour dates.

I did however finish by saying - "See you in Chicago" - his response was "Yes You Will"...so yes he may mean in 3 months time or next year...or just one day, BUT that is not how I read it, or what his body language was saying.

So unless something changes this week or next....I'm very much in the expecting tour announcement soon camp smiling smiley

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 8, 2019 04:21

sarahunwin
Just got a text from Ticketmaster reminding me of The Glendale Concert tonight!

Ouch!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home