Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: May 5, 2019 21:18

Fishstain
Woz
Nellcote1971
I think if the tour starts in NJ or Chicago it will definitely be the original dates. The worst thing for any fan would be (no matter of living locally or travelling from abroad) to miss out on the concert because of 1-2 weeks, which would be the case if they play NJ or Chicago in early July.

This could be the reason why Philly is now slated for late July as well, as they could head West (or wherever) first and than return East, making it almost two months after the original date.

Of course this could be complete nonsense as well... just announce something!

Conversely, many fans have now made other plans for the original dates and IMO it would be extremely lame and disrespectful of the fan base to play any shows on the original dates. This is prime time summer weekends and folks move on when you tell them something is “postponed.” Words mean things, and in this case postponed means not on the original date.

Completely disagree. We’re coming over from the UK. Flights and hotels not changeable. It’s a one off for us and I suspect, many others. We’ve kept our tickets just in case and it would be hugely frustrating if they were able to play those dates and didn’t.

Same here. Still, I get your point Woz, but I think those that would experience massive advantages from any original dates being kept outweigh those who already made other plans because they thought it's postponed.

For me, it's either NJ on the original dates or nothing this year.

We will see... Anyway, I think to have a realistic chance to start the tour some time in June an announcement has to be imminent, hopefully tomorrow...

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 5, 2019 21:40

Fishstain
Woz
Nellcote1971
I think if the tour starts in NJ or Chicago it will definitely be the original dates. The worst thing for any fan would be (no matter of living locally or travelling from abroad) to miss out on the concert because of 1-2 weeks, which would be the case if they play NJ or Chicago in early July.

This could be the reason why Philly is now slated for late July as well, as they could head West (or wherever) first and than return East, making it almost two months after the original date.

Of course this could be complete nonsense as well... just announce something!

Conversely, many fans have now made other plans for the original dates and IMO it would be extremely lame and disrespectful of the fan base to play any shows on the original dates. This is prime time summer weekends and folks move on when you tell them something is “postponed.” Words mean things, and in this case postponed means not on the original date.

Completely disagree. We’re coming over from the UK. Flights and hotels not changeable. It’s a one off for us and I suspect, many others. We’ve kept our tickets just in case and it would be hugely frustrating if they were able to play those dates and didn’t.

Totally agree 3 of us flying from UK still have hotel and tickets for NJ dates....fingers crossed

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 5, 2019 22:25

I also sm rooting for the original Chicago dates. That is what I originally bought tix for and that works best for me. Nothing lame at all about picking up the tour with some of the original dates.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 5, 2019 22:46

Me too. Still have flight ticket to NY and Lucky Dips. But it seems highly unlikely.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 5, 2019 22:58

Keeping Chicago and NJ shows on the original dates would be fantastic news for the majority of fans
I would think.

The only locations where there are two shows per, a lot of fans myself included, planned near week-long vacations to these cities as a result. I'm only flying across the country and will be there regardless (NY only as I would cancel Chicago and take the hit if no shows) for the week. Would be particularly happy for those traveling from overseas.

Also understand the frustration for those that made other plans, myself included in that as well as I have tix now and plans for the Chicago dates. Would GLADLY ditch those new plans and do the whole NY/CHI two weeks as originally planned and which I've canceled nothing for.

Given the uncertain medical situation when the whole tour was postponed, most reasonable fans could forgive the "ON-off-ON" results for these two cities.

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: May 6, 2019 00:08

Yes, keeping the original dates for New Jersey and Chicago would be extraordinary good news.

The only thing for me would be finding tickets. I will be in each city at initial show dates, but i have no tickets...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 6, 2019 00:22

MidnightGambler
Yes, keeping the original dates for New Jersey and Chicago would be extraordinary good news.

The only thing for me would be finding tickets. I will be in each city at initial show dates, but i have no tickets...

Do you really think they're going to cancel the Cirque du Soleil shows?

Date: May 6, 2019 00:29

kovach
MidnightGambler

Apparently CdS is not inside the stadium but on the parking lot and was scheduled for that even before the postponement. Also on the 21st they have have on show only which is at 4.30pm.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: May 6, 2019 01:12

Nellcote1971

Apparently CdS is not inside the stadium but on the parking lot and was scheduled for that even before the postponement. Also on the 21st they have have on show only which is at 4.30pm.

Correct. That show is running from May 18-July 6. The parking lots will be very full though. The big top alone is the size of a football field, plus other tents, plus their 70 trucks, etc. Assume they will put this on the south lot but don't know. Add in the Stones 70 plus trucks etc etc and all of the sudden parking becomes very crowded.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: May 6, 2019 04:36

Ill take my refund.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 6, 2019 04:41

coloradocanyons
Nellcote1971

Correct. That show is running from May 18-July 6. The parking lots will be very full though. The big top alone is the size of a football field, plus other tents, plus their 70 trucks, etc. Assume they will put this on the south lot but don't know. Add in the Stones 70 plus trucks etc etc and all of the sudden parking becomes very crowded.

I've been checking out some videos about it as my wife and I will be attending one of the shows while in Chicago.
Yes the big top is big, but not quite that big - the diameter is only about half the size of a football field at apprx. 55 yrds.

Short video of it being raised in Montreal: Volta

It will be set up in the South parking lot. Add in a couple smaller tents for crew, etc., as well as trucks (inlcuding Stones trucks), it will definitely get crowded, but shouldn't be a problem.

We've been to most Cirque de Soleil's in Vegas, as well as a couple of others held in tents at the L.A. Forum, Long Beach, etc., and would highly recommend for some great entertainment.
And then the possibility of the Stones rescheduling at Soldier Field on original dates...hope it happens...especially the second show when we'll be there. thumbs up

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 6, 2019 04:48

Hope Seattle/Denver is July.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 6, 2019 14:44

An announcement of dates is expected this week or next week. There have been talks about starting the tour with the Chicago dates, i.e starting June 21. Some rumours have talked about starting 2-3 shows before that, i.e. NJ or even the Boston date, but as the announcement is taking time, and they need time for rehearsals, this is a long shot, even if it is still possible.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 6, 2019 14:52

GO MICK!

I'll be your savior, steadfast and true
I'll come to your emotional rescue...

GO MICK!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 6, 2019 14:52

Sweet!

Date: May 6, 2019 15:21

The more original dates the better

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 6, 2019 17:06

bv
An announcement of dates is expected this week or next week. There have been talks about starting the tour with the Chicago dates, i.e starting June 21. Some rumours have talked about starting 2-3 shows before that, i.e. NJ or even the Boston date, but as the announcement is taking time, and they need time for rehearsals, this is a long shot, even if it is still possible.

Another possible 2 weeks of check check check check check check check.
BTW,
Thank you for not having advertisements on here Bjørnulf. You rock.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 6, 2019 18:00

It would be so nice if they could start at least in NJ. It seems NJ shows are the ones most fans from abroad are aiming at.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: May 6, 2019 18:05

take with a grain of salt,,,

however Burls creek website has changed a little

says this now

POSTPONED – more details coming very soon

with the word "very" is now in that statement

Date: May 6, 2019 18:25

If this plays out with mid June start.

Denver could be perfect weather!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 6, 2019 18:32

kovach

These Cirque shows are a non-issue in Chicago.
This scheduling was not, is not and will not be a problem.
From the website:

"The Grand Chapiteau (Big Top)
The Grand Chapiteau seats over 2,500 spectators per performance.
The Grand Chapiteau is a temporary structure which is supported by four masts. All seats are cushioned with backs."

I do believe that THE ROLLING STONES would take priority winking smiley

Date: May 6, 2019 18:32

northernale1

says this now

This is probably the most solid piece of official information we have received basically since March 30 smiling smiley

Date: May 6, 2019 18:33

northernale1

says this now

Good info, thank you! My definition of very soon is within the next couple days.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 6, 2019 18:53

bv

This post makes me less optimistic now. I will be on the East Coast from May 30 to June 20. It will be hard to leave the US knowing they will start the tour the next day. But that's life. Still keeping my Fingers crossed for at least the NY shows but with these words I fear different.

Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: May 6, 2019 19:03

Please let it start in Boston still flying in from the UK as planned but to have the concert on would be great(I can but hope )

Date: May 6, 2019 19:03

It dawned on me that the L.A., Glendale, and/or Santa Clara shows could be rescheduled to dates while I'm still in Chicago with my wife until July 5th.
Always something new for me to worry about...smiling smiley...and if that happens, oh well, but certainly hoping it doesn't!!!
I could survive without Glendale and Santa Clara, but Pasadena...GRRR...haven't missed an L.A. area tour since 1981!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-06 19:34 by Hairball.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 6, 2019 19:08

Kurt
kovach

These Cirque shows are a non-issue in Chicago.
This scheduling was not, is not and will not be a problem.
From the website:

"The Grand Chapiteau (Big Top)
The Grand Chapiteau seats over 2,500 spectators per performance.
The Grand Chapiteau is a temporary structure which is supported by four masts. All seats are cushioned with backs."

I do believe that THE ROLLING STONES would take priority winking smiley

Cirque du Soleil excels at—and it all takes place under a big top tent in Soldier Field's South Parking Lot .

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 6, 2019 19:31

Adams
It would be so nice if they could start at least in NJ. It seems NJ shows are the ones most fans from abroad are aiming at.

That’s because it’s the cheapest and easiest US city to fly to for most intercontinental travel. I will still be in the US at the time of the 1st original Chicago date but if that turns out to be the opener, I don’t think I’ll bother to rearrange my plans. I have a non refundable tourist stay in Washington then and I’ve never been there. I too hope for an NJ start but Bjornulf’s latest post is less hopeful of that than his previous one. I think we can forget Foxboro.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 6, 2019 19:43

Hairball
It dawned on me that the L.A., Glendale, and/or Santa Clara shows could be rescheduled to dates while I'm still in Chicago with my wife until July 5th.
Always something new for me to worry about...smiling smiley...and if that happens, oh well, but certainly hoping it doesn't!!!
I could survive without Glendale and Santa Clara, but Pasadena...GRRR...haven't missed an L.A. area tour since 1981!!!

I'd think those shows would be later in July than that if they start in Late June. California will hopefully be late July/very early August.

Date: May 6, 2019 20:11

Woz
Hairball

I'd think those shows would be later in July than that if they start in Late June. California will hopefully be late July/very early August.

Yeah you're probably/hopefully right, but until there's any confirmation anything is possible due to stadium availabilty, etc., etc., etc.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home