Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 3, 2019 18:31

Amd Mick NOT running up+down the stage is hard to imagine. Not only for me (us), but for him, too, you bet.

So maybe he should sit down on a stool every once and a while for some time and just play more harp!? grinning smiley

I for one, hope he doesn't run around the stage like he has for the past 30 years. I find it distracting and it compromises his singing more than you may realize. I hope he stays closer to the mic stand and maybe even sits down for a few acoustic numbers. The need to physically excite the crowd should be secondary to the music at this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 01:13 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 3, 2019 18:48

Didn't he once say he will perform as long as he can? Performing means singing and entertaining physically to an equal part.

I think he will end his performing career before he comes to a point where he can't run the stage no more.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 3, 2019 18:53

Stonesfan2146, no question of that, in my mind.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 3, 2019 19:11

Stonesfan2146
Didn't he once say he will perform as long as he can? Performing means singing and entertaining physically to an equal part.

I think he will end his performing career before he comes to a point where he can't run the stage no more.

"Performing means singing and entertaining physically to an equal part".

Assuming you mean this definition as it applies only to Mick in this context, as that's obviously not the case for most performers. Keith and Ronnie being good examples.

Mick has scaled back the physicality of his performances quite a bit in recent years, as would be expected. Also expected.. more scaling back. Not saying he would continue if he couldn't ramble the stage, but running the stage isn't an absolute requirement for him going forward, imo. As long as he can sing and entertain a crowd, he'll perform.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: May 3, 2019 19:17

All is not lost everyone, pace is the trick. Perfect day yesterday for music, tons of Stones shirts. I would post pics but don't know how to on here..have fun...

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 3, 2019 19:28

TornAndFried

Amd Mick NOT running up+down the stage is hard to imagine. Not only for me (us), but for him, too, you bet.

So maybe he should sit down on a stool every once and a while for some time and just play more harp!? grinning smiley

I for one, hope he doesn't run up and down the stage like he has for the past 30 years. I find it distracting and it compromises his singing more than you may realize. I hope he stays closer to the mic stand and even sits down for a few acoustic numbers. The need to physically excite the crowd should be secondary to the music at this point.

If they are going to continue playing stadiums, he kinda "has to" run around or he loses the crowd (which I do think he cares about).

I think an 'acoustic set' of 3-4 songs in the middle of the show is a good idea at this juncture, but I know nothing and control even less.

I always thought they'd settle into doing "mellow" sit-down type shows as they got older/tired....but, that will mean much smaller venues, which will mean much higher ticket prices.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 3, 2019 19:40

stickyfingers101
I always thought they'd settle into doing "mellow" sit-down type shows as they got older/tired....but, that will mean much smaller venues, which will mean much higher ticket prices.

I used to wonder if that would happen, but it didn't, and they're not changing things now. The question on the table is rescheduling a tour consisting of (almost-) sold out stadiums. That's where they play, and I agree that he has to jump around or lose the crowd in that setting.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 3, 2019 19:45

Rokyfan
stickyfingers101

I used to wonder if that would happen, but it didn't, and they're not changing things now. The question on the table is rescheduling a tour consisting of (almost-) sold out stadiums. That's where they play, and I agree that he has to jump around or lose the crowd in that setting.

well maybe when they get REALLY old!

I'll start saving my money now....gonna need it!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 3, 2019 21:10

“If they are going to continue playing stadiums, he kinda "has to" run around or he loses the crowd (which I do think he cares about).”

Disagree. The ‘No Filter’ tours have 4 HUGE SCREENS that everyone, no matter where you are really, ends up looking to - PIT people are craning their necks for whomever is there, or screen gazing.
The band seems to play close together in a smaller area.
No running anywhere is necessary, IMO.
Standing in place here and there while shaking a groove thing —. Yeah, need that.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 3, 2019 21:13

35love
“If they are going to continue playing stadiums, he kinda "has to" run around or he loses the crowd (which I do think he cares about).”

Disagree. The ‘No Filter’ tours have 4 HUGE SCREENS that everyone, no matter where you are really, ends up looking to - PIT people are craning their necks for whomever is there, or screen gazing.
Standing in place here and there while shaking a groove thing —. Yeah, need that.

I don't think he's going to want to play unless he can be all over that stage. Not running necessarily, but in virtual constant movement.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 3, 2019 21:19

Just for a reference to this "sit down" conversation...

During Aerosmith's latest Vegas run of shows, Joe Perry and Steven Tyler have been performing 'Seasons of Wither' and 'Hangman Jury' while seated in chairs at the tip of the stage.
The full rest of the band plays on behind them.

Just two songs in the middle of a kick-ass set.
Pretty cool, in my not-so humble opinion.

Date: May 3, 2019 21:22

steffialicia
35love

I don't think he's going to want to play unless he can be all over that stage. Not running necessarily, but in virtual constant movement.

Well, my 2 ‘No Filters’ PIT seats he was not running a marathon, for crying out loud.
Sure, walk to the left, walk to the right, how do you do.
I don’t know about the catwalk. It’s never been my thing. Never wanted a catwalk seat, don’t like to crank my head around (screens again) to catch his shuck and jive. Let’s compromise and lose the catwalk, lol.
Tricky Mick’s gonna do whatever and I will be wooo hoo hoo hoo hoooo

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 3, 2019 21:46

steffialicia
35love

Right, Steffi, that's what some of us are saying. It's not about what we necessarily need but about what Mick wants to do.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:04

Kurt
Just for a reference to this "sit down" conversation...

During Aerosmith's latest Vegas run of shows, Joe Perry and Steven Tyler have been performing 'Seasons of Wither' and 'Hangman Jury' while seated in chairs at the tip of the stage.
The full rest of the band plays on behind them.

Just two songs in the middle of a kick-ass set.
Pretty cool, in my not-so humble opinion.

Obviously, in a small venue this would work well. Thinking of Country Honk in the Ole Tour film.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-03 22:08 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:27

35love

Disagree. I have been the pit 4 times in the last 19 months, 3 of those on the rail. I watched the band close up and mostly looked at the band directly. I watched them on the screens a bit, but only a very little.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:29

steffialicia
35love

Correct.

plexi

Date: May 3, 2019 23:30

timbernardis
35love

Disagree. I have been the pit 4 times in the last 19 months, 3 of those on the rail. I watched the band close up and mostly looked at the band directly. I watched them on the screens a bit, but only a very little.

plexi

In my humble opinion,
YOU WERE ON THE RAIL DUDE.
3 out of 4 times.
The holy rail (grail)
>grinning smiley<

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 4, 2019 00:16

steffialicia

He's like a shark, got to keep movin' - no one wants to see him sitting on a stool, which doesn't save much energy anyway vs. standing at the mike.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 00:17 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 4, 2019 01:47

bv
SomeTorontoGirl
Bjornulf, at least you will be home for strawberry season. winking smiley

Strawberry season in Norway is from mid June to Mid July. If they are ready for touring as expected, some time mid June, then I will not be having a single Norwegian fresh strawberry this year.

We got some good ones in California too. Watsonville is not that far from Santa Clara.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 03:01

I also agree that I don't think Mick will take standing still. It is in his nature to keep moving around on stage. True, he may not be running constantly, but very similar to last year's tour.

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: May 4, 2019 03:09

I was dealing with a ticket issue for Karl Denson's New Orleans show via telephone with ticketmaster. When I asked the automated system to tell me what tickets I have, I got a shocking answer.

It spoke about the Rolling Stones Houston show (lucky dips) on April 28th,2019.

Next it spoke about the Glendale show (lucky dips) on May 7th,2019.

Then it said Chicago (nosebleed seats) and stated a date of March 28th, 2021.

2021???? Sure hope this was some sort of computer glitch or something.

Anyone else had this happen?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2019 03:12

daspyknows
bv
SomeTorontoGirl

Strawberry season in Norway is from mid June to Mid July. If they are ready for touring as expected, some time mid June, then I will not be having a single Norwegian fresh strawberry this year.

We got some good ones in California too. Watsonville is not that far from Santa Clara.

And if anyone likes garlic smiling smiley, there's Gilroy "the garlic capital of the world" which is also pretty close to Santa Clara.
Home of the annual Garlic Festival (which I've never been to yet), this years dates are July 26, 27, and 28 which could possibly coincide nicely with any possible rescheduled dates.
Strawberries, garlic, and the Rolling Stones - hope it happens!

Date: May 4, 2019 03:20

Hairball
daspyknows
bv
SomeTorontoGirl

And if anyone likes garlic smiling smiley, there's Gilroy "the garlic capital of the world" which is also pretty close to Santa Clara.
Home of the annual Garlic Festival (which I've never been to yet), this years dates are July 26, 27, and 28 which could possibly coincide nicely with any possible rescheduled dates.

Lol. Ok what the hell do you do at a garlic festival. Prepare to fend off vampires or. Just have some garlic and ______. Anyway. It’s California and no matter what. It will be awesome I believe that

Ok so

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 03:53

Harpo
I was dealing with a ticket issue for Karl Denson's New Orleans show via telephone with ticketmaster. When I asked the automated system to tell me what tickets I have, I got a shocking answer.

It spoke about the Rolling Stones Houston show (lucky dips) on April 28th,2019.

Next it spoke about the Glendale show (lucky dips) on May 7th,2019.

Then it said Chicago (nosebleed seats) and stated a date of March 28th, 2021.

2021???? Sure hope this was some sort of computer glitch or something.

Anyone else had this happen?

I was calling about a ticket issue and the lady from Ticketmaster told me the same thing.

I’m confident that it’s wrong in the system, as I can’t imagine anyone playing Soldier Field in March of any year!

Possibly they put some dummy dates in behind the scenes. Not sure what happened but had same experience for June 21 show specifically.

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: May 4, 2019 05:29

From my buddy who works for one of the venues on the tour, announcement should be next week. His venue in the north east is slated for July. So a “July-Aug” tour based on that. (Not sure if it could start as early as late June.) As of right now the ONLY date for his venue is July, so no Sept/Oct tour. It also sounds like announcement was pending based on venue / tour logistics and not necessarily Jagger’s health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 05:45 by livefromuk.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 05:50

livefromuk
From my buddy who works for one of the venues on the tour, announcement should be next week. His venue in the north east is slated for July. So a “July-Aug” tour based on that. (Not sure if it could start as early as late June.) As of right now the ONLY date for his venue is July, so no Sept/Oct tour. It also sounds like announcement was pending based on venue / tour logistics and not necessarily Jagger’s health.

Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 4, 2019 05:52

livefromuk

Thanks for this! Add in BV's words and it's lookin' like late-June/July/August...

Patience required, as always!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 4, 2019 06:13

Hairball
daspyknows
bv
SomeTorontoGirl

Best food at any festival I have been too. The garlic calamari is out of control. Plan on eating and watching food being cooked. It is pretty amazing.

Date: May 4, 2019 06:19

As far as Ticketmaster giving year 2021, if you notice, it is on dates already past/before today.

Yep, I am ready too, just say ‘when’ prepared to re-purchase some tickets please!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 06:27 by 35love.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 4, 2019 06:19

TKinOH
livefromuk

Thanks for this! Add in BV's words and it's lookin' like late-June/July/August...

Patience required, as always!

Plot thickens..
Thanks for posting!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home