Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 1, 2019 16:29

ohmercy61
I know people are bummed out. Me and my friends got let down in Vegas when they cancelled and now this but dam these guys are old ..real old anyone of them could keel over any day now .holding my lucky dips till the end.

Keel over any day now? What’s wrong with you?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 1, 2019 17:04

Cooltoplady
ohmercy61
I know people are bummed out. Me and my friends got let down in Vegas when they cancelled and now this but dam these guys are old ..real old anyone of them could keel over any day now .holding my lucky dips till the end.

Hope he didn't say this to his Granny.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: May 1, 2019 18:14

I know this whole speculation about tour dates is nonsense... Anyway, that's what the fun of being on here is about, right? smiling smiley

So those rumours BV mentioned, that the last couple of weeks of the original tour could go ahead as planned, when do you think an announcement has to be made, e.g. for East Rutherford on June 13. I mean it's only 44 days out from today, Foxborough 39... is that realistic at all, regardless of Micks health wich obviously is the biggest concern?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 1, 2019 18:29

Nellcote1971
I know this whole speculation about tour dates is nonsense... Anyway, that's what the fun of being on here is about, right? smiling smiley

So those rumours BV mentioned, that the last couple of weeks of the original tour could go ahead as planned, when do you think an announcement has to be made, e.g. for East Rutherford on June 13. I mean it's only 44 days out from today, Foxborough 39... is that realistic at all, regardless of Micks health wich obviously is the biggest concern?

I would think it would partially depend on how many returned tix there have been.
If it's a relatively low percentage, then clearly easier to pull off the gigs as scheduled. But yeah, time is not on their side for an announcement if that's the new plan.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 1, 2019 18:38

Yes indeed, time is running out for an announcement if they want to start the tour then. They have to fit in rehearsals etc.

If they are going to do that, we’ll get an announcement very soon.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 1, 2019 18:49

Personally I don 't believe that once you have announced the date is postponed that you can turn around and say never mind, we are going to do some of those dates we said were postponed.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-01 19:28 by Woz.

Date: May 1, 2019 19:23

Woz
Personally I don 't believe that once you have announced the date is postponed that you can turn around say never mind, we are going to do some of those dates we said were postponed.....

Well, of course you can..
Whether it would be well received or not is the question.

I think given it was a serious medical condition causing the postponement most would be understanding of the uncertainty and welcome the shows going off as planned.
I know I would cool smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 1, 2019 19:39

>Well, of course you can..

Whether it would be well received or not is the question.>

Exactly!

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 1, 2019 19:58

Lets start in New Jersey! Still got my tickets for the June 17 show and will be in New York in 44 days, Stones or no Stones.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 1, 2019 20:40

DeanGoodman
Cooltoplady
ohmercy61

Well, one thing's sure, he couldn't have said it to my granny, she's in the attic............grinning smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 1, 2019 21:09

Woz
>Well, of course you can..

Whether it would be well received or not is the question.>

Exactly!

Or if the stadiums still are available, or if the tour-people are ready (can be they are on other duties - don't think Stones tour-organizers pay them 3 months salary doing nothing) or a bunch of other things.

The world doesn't sit and wait for Stones to recover. Everything needs to be reorganized and people / stadiums etc etc need to be re-hired.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 1, 2019 23:51

Another matter very worthy of consideration is that many ticket holders for the postponed dates will now have made other plans for those dates. If they're reinstated, then those with alternative plans will be angry and there could be a flood of refund requests.

Date: May 2, 2019 00:54

grzegorz67
Another matter very worthy of consideration is that many ticket holders for the postponed dates will now have made other plans for those dates. If they're reinstated, then those with alternative plans will be angry and there could be a flood of refund requests.

Could be some, I agree, but wouldn't think the percentage would be very high.
Most that have made other plans for the dates have likely already returned their tickets (other than 3rd party which are already sold regardless) for a refund.

My bet is if they do play now on any original dates, it will just be a couple or a few concerts (Chicago already booked etc) and the fans that would welcome it would far outnumber those that it would upset.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 2, 2019 00:58

I can't help feeling there would be lasting credibility issues if they announce postponements then unannounce them, etc. It also would seem somewhat unethical to tell people a show is postponed, let them make alternative plans, then say it isn't postponed after all. confused smiley Postponing shows for unavoidable reasons is one thing; giving people unreliable information about it is another. So for those reasons, I hope they don't reinstate any of the original dates (even though they would be more convenient for me).

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 2, 2019 00:58

DeanGoodman
Cooltoplady
ohmercy61

My granny said it to me.

Date: May 2, 2019 01:23

Aquamarine
I can't help feeling there would be lasting credibility issues if they announce postponements then unannounce them, etc. It also would seem somewhat unethical to tell people a show is postponed, let them make alternative plans, then say it isn't postponed after all. confused smiley Postponing shows for unavoidable reasons is one thing; giving people unreliable information about it is another. So for those reasons, I hope they don't reinstate any of the original dates (even though they would be more convenient for me).

Can't say I disagree completely.
With the caveat that I expressed earlier, that most fans would understand that the medical emergency required postponement of the whole tour (not just a show as you describe). Credibility would be fine under these circumstances, especially explained with apologies by Mick in the new announcement.

Date: May 2, 2019 01:40

MisterDDDD
Aquamarine

With the caveat that I expressed earlier, that most fans would understand that the medical emergency required postponement of the whole tour (not just a show as you describe). Credibility would be fine under these circumstances, especially explained with apologies by Mick in the new announcement.

People will not be upset with Jagger. It is a hearth surgery and his medical advisors and insurance company basically have prohibited him to perform.

The uncertainty of whether Stones will hold the concert or not can be upsetting. I guess a decision has to come withon 14 days else they will face massive cancellation of tickets and lack of credibility for future concerts.

However, most of the audience is local and will buy new tickets at a given time knowing this will be the last.

Not to damage their name too much, I guess Stones should push for a decision withon too long, but it is big business where all parties want to limit their losses.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 2, 2019 02:14

I'm not suggesting for a minute that anybody would be upset with Jagger. The postponement is entirely understandable, and his health comes first. I do think there would be issues with the way the postponement is being handled, however, if they make announcements that they later unannounce. (Just on a matter of principle.)

Date: May 2, 2019 02:22

Aquamarine
I'm not suggesting for a minute that anybody would be upset with Jagger. The postponement is entirely understandable, and his health comes first. I do think there would be issues with the way the postponement is being handled, however, if they make announcements that they later unannounce. (Just on a matter of principle.)

Agree, if the uncertainty about the postponement continues too long it can become a big problem. Everybody wants to plan and there is vacation etc. Nobody waits forever not even for Stones

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 2, 2019 02:26

mtaylor
MisterDDDD
Aquamarine

People will not be upset with Jagger. It is a hearth surgery and his medical advisors and insurance company basically have prohibited him to perform.

The uncertainty of whether Stones will hold the concert or not can be upsetting. I guess a decision has to come withon 14 days else they will face massive cancellation of tickets and lack of credibility for future concerts.

However, most of the audience is local and will buy new tickets at a given time knowing this will be the last.

Not to damage their name too much, I guess Stones should push for a decision withon too long, but it is big business where all parties want to limit their losses.

I bet Jagger's hearth is not made of stone.............my guess, marble at least..........

Date: May 2, 2019 02:39

My message to Sir Mick Jagger....

"On with the show good health to you"

Now, where have I heard this before....?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 2, 2019 06:53

I'm very surprised no word on new dates hmmm. They have to come soon if a tour is this summer. People have to plan ahead for holidays, etc. Sure doesn't look like this week.

Date: May 2, 2019 12:15

An announcement could still happen on a Friday or Saturday. The postponement was announced on a Saturday.

Yes, they do need to announce something soon.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 2, 2019 12:35

WelshEdge1

The postponement was announced on a Saturday.

On Sat, 11-May-2019 it's exactly 6 weeks after the announcement of the postponement - maybe patience until then ....

Date: May 2, 2019 12:35

I do think so too. They won't hesitate to release something just because it's a Sunday, Thursday or whatever this time. As soon as it's set dates will fly... which unfortunately means nothing is for certain so far.

Date: May 2, 2019 12:42

Irix
WelshEdge1

The postponement was announced on a Saturday.

On Sat, 11-May-2019 it's exactly 6 weeks after the announcement of the postponement - maybe patience until then ....

I think that’s realistic!

I like how when they postponed the tour they said that rescheduled dates would be announced “shortly”, haha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-02 13:09 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 2, 2019 13:37

MisterDDDD
grzegorz67

Could be some, I agree, but wouldn't think the percentage would be very high.
Most that have made other plans for the dates have likely already returned their tickets (other than 3rd party which are already sold regardless) for a refund.

My bet is if they do play now on any original dates, it will just be a couple or a few concerts (Chicago already booked etc) and the fans that would welcome it would far outnumber those that it would upset.

Not exactly what I said. I meant fans who made alternative plans for the original dates but kept their tickets on the basis that the rescheduled shows would definitely not be on the same dates, freeing the originals up for other plans.

Uncancelling would damage their credibility and be such bad PR and why bother doing that if they can give Mick more recovery time to make doubly sure he's well enough and put on the shows later. It really would be ridiculously soon after the procedure he's had.

Like Aquamarine, it would suit me personally if it included Boston & NJ but for the greater good it doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: May 2, 2019 13:44

babyblue
I'm very surprised no word on new dates hmmm. They have to come soon if a tour is this summer. People have to plan ahead for holidays, etc. Sure doesn't look like this week.

I simply do not think that there will be a tour in 2019. Recovering from heart surgery is one thing, doing a U.S. tour is something completely different which is hard to imagine, at least for me.

The should do the Montreux Jazz Festival, for a start. This would be a one-off Show and an opportunity to play the more obscure tunes.

Just a thought... take it as you wish...

Date: May 2, 2019 14:24

I think at least it's a strong possibility there will be a tour this year. Otherwise they would have announced that already.

But depending on what the doctor, family, insurer, promoter and, last but not least, Mick says it's still in consideration whether it's
- early start in June/July
- late summer/fall
- next year
- no tour at all

I just hope there will be some kind of information soon!

Posted by: twotonguekisses ()
Date: May 2, 2019 14:42

Just on Ticketmaster, all "show links" send me to a 401 error...anyone else getting this?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home