Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 27, 2019 22:25

Slimreaper
I will bet a doughnut that the Tour starts in Burl's Creek... big kickoff .. Big holiday weekend up here and rehearsals,logistics,all could be done in Toronto which they've used as their base on many tours...Legal weed too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Maybe the toughest gig to reschedule, so that idea isn't completely out of the question.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 22:27

I would love it to be at Rogers Centre after the NJ shows oh well

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 27, 2019 23:13

Foxboro is POSTPONED, that means NO JUNE 8th show at Gillette Stadium...I called! I am not feeling very optimistic about a tour this year for several reasons: I believe that Mick feels fine BUT his doctor is telling him that the stress of a tour ( mental & physical stress) is not recommended ...at least not this year. I think if it were going to be rescheduled, it would have been announced by now. As BV pointed out, it is a MASSIVE undertaking with many factors making this more complex than we know. I think that Mick is looking for the easiest solution & that may be to push the tour to 2020 without announcing dates until next February. That would give Mick the necessary time to heal COMPLETELY and to start the negotiating again with the various venues. I hope we hear very soon because so many folks are hanging up in the air. What I wish for more than anything is to hear that Mick can & will live a normal life and he is expected to resume all of his usual activities in time. cool smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 28, 2019 00:17

‘Can and will live a normal life’?? What? Sorry that’s dramatic.
There is nothing normal about him smoking smiley

He’s on his feet, we’ve seen it 2x, Melanie is on record saying he is doing great,
so he’s good.

The tour if when how is not known, that’s all.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 28, 2019 00:22

I’m confident that the tour will happen this year.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2019 00:48

mickschix
I think if it were going to be rescheduled, it would have been announced by now.

Maybe, but on the other hand, if it was going to be cancelled it would have been announced by now.
The fact is, everything is fluid and on a day to day basis depending on Micks progress recovery.
The only thing we can be aboslutely sure of is that sooner or later we'll find out one way or another.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 28, 2019 00:53

Australia 2014 took a month before an announcement of rescheduled dates.

This is a much bigger tour.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 28, 2019 01:26

treaclefingers
Slimreaper
I will bet a doughnut that the Tour starts in Burl's Creek... big kickoff .. Big holiday weekend up here and rehearsals,logistics,all could be done in Toronto which they've used as their base on many tours...Legal weed too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Maybe the toughest gig to reschedule, so that idea isn't completely out of the question.
Haven't followed why this may be the toughest to reschedule (NO won that contest cool smiley), seemed like perhaps the easiest at first glance (no NFL, open dates etc)
But with the earlier rumor that it may go as scheduled, I believe this may very well be the opener.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 28, 2019 02:42

WelshEdge1
Australia 2014 took a month before an announcement of rescheduled dates.

This is a much bigger tour.

That tour was postponed by 7 months because of bereavement and not health issues. When the bereavement occurred, 14OF Europe was still announced a couple of weeks later, beginning a couple of months after that.

Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: April 28, 2019 04:00

In earlier tours rehearsals were held in Toronto for work visa reasons,dollar/loonie exchange rate, and taxes..however these later runs are much shorter in duration so probably not an issue anymore... It makes sense for a lot of reasons....Fingers crossed eh spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 28, 2019 04:55

Slimreaper
In earlier tours rehearsals were held in Toronto for work visa reasons,dollar/loonie exchange rate, and taxes..however these later runs are much shorter in duration so probably not an issue anymore... It makes sense for a lot of reasons....Fingers crossed eh spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

heat up the back bacon & chill the labatt's, eh?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 28, 2019 04:57

crholmstrom
heat up the back bacon & chill the labatt's, eh?

Take off. grinning smiley

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: April 28, 2019 07:02

Hairball
The only thing we can be aboslutely sure of is that sooner or later we'll find out one way or another.

A point everyone can agree on!

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 28, 2019 07:53

treaclefingers
Slimreaper

Could be. Recovery: “they feel great after 2-3 mo’s”
[youtu.be]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 28, 2019 12:40

Hope we hear soon if rescheduled dates.As I have hotels booked in May.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: April 28, 2019 13:01

I think as it is already planned as an US tour with an additional gig in Canada exchange rates, visas etc shouldn't be an issue.

My guess (and hope) is: If Mick is ready for Toronto, they will also do Chicago, if not New Jersey as well...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 28, 2019 13:10

coloradocanyons
Hairball

I can’t agree with anything Hairball says, no matter how innocent...haha. winking smiley

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: April 28, 2019 15:36

treaclefingers
Slimreaper

Rehearsals in Toronto...Now that would be something. Does Michael Cohl know lol!

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: April 28, 2019 16:25

babyblue
Hope we hear soon if rescheduled dates.As I have hotels booked in May.

You won't be seeing any shows in May........cancel them.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 28, 2019 17:06

PalaisRoyale
treaclefingers
Slimreaper

Rehearsals in Toronto...Now that would be something. Does Michael Cohl know lol!
Then down to Chicago, NYC and here we go....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 28, 2019 17:08

I just asked TM for refund for my LD tickets for Chicago (both shows).
Much to my surprise the confirmation named row and seat numbers…

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 28, 2019 18:39

I still have my flight to New York. I knew it would be a risk and can only change the booking to a different date. So I hope for news in May.

However: I strongly feel that very few people will fly to see the stones. We are a minority.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 28, 2019 19:49

When they play Buenos Aires next year or the year after, I am definitely going to pay extra for cancellable/full refund flights.

plexi

Date: April 28, 2019 19:50

schwonek
I still have my flight to New York. I knew it would be a risk and can only change the booking to a different date. So I hope for news in May.

However: I strongly feel that very few people will fly to see the stones. We are a minority.

Hey man, I traveled, remarkable because I never travel in fact, brand new passport stamped RS France, 2nd time RS England.
I am sorry for the fans who had flights booked for this tour.
If it makes ya feel better (or make you double check your dates)
My flight home from Twickenham to USA was made on the wrong date/ day before/ counted as a missed flight/ double security checks and extra $275. Ya, rookie.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 28, 2019 19:54

New report has Mick just arriving in France. Hope he gets some good rest and feels inspired soon to make some music. I see this as another setback for those who think an American tour is on the horizon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-28 19:55 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 28, 2019 19:55

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has told how he and bandmate Keith Richards are helping cheer up the band’s frontman Mick Jagger as he recovers from heart surgery. Speaking exclusively to HELLO!, the well-loved rocker reveals: "Sally and I went on a break to the Caribbean with Keith and (his wife) Patti and sent him videos of us playing and singing get well songs on the guitar." Adds Ronnie: "That cracked him up. We're all so pleased that he’s doing well."

[www.hellomagazine.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 28, 2019 20:12

I don't think Burl's Creek i.e. the Canada show is part of the original contract. It is probably a separate contract.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2019 20:13

Lien
Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has told how he and bandmate Keith Richards are helping cheer up the band’s frontman Mick Jagger as he recovers from heart surgery.
Speaking exclusively to HELLO!, the well-loved rocker reveals: "Sally and I went on a break to the Caribbean with Keith and (his wife) Patti and sent him videos of us playing and singing get well songs on the guitar."
Adds Ronnie: "That cracked him up. We're all so pleased that he’s doing well."

[www.hellomagazine.com]

Nice to here, and I'm sure Mick got a chuckle out of Ronnie's recent paintings. winking smiley

Maindefender
coloradocanyons
Hairball

I can’t agree with anything Hairball says, no matter how innocent...haha. winking smiley

Ha...nothing innocent about my statement - it was carefully, strategically, and philosophically worded to be very accurate yet open-ended with no absolute answer.
In other words, it was practically meaningless and a waste of space in this very important thread. smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 28, 2019 20:20

DoomandGloom
New report has Mick just arriving in France. Hope he gets some good rest and feels inspired soon to make some music. I see this as another setback for those who think an American tour is on the horizon.
Why?? Did airplanes get un-invented? cool smiley

Date: April 28, 2019 21:07

My .02 cents:
I believe Chateau Jagger has a nice gym. Plus, who wouldn’t like to take walks Spring in France? Flowers, clean air, All is good.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home