Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: April 27, 2019 07:38

I hope you are correct.I don't know where you got the Chicago info from,but it looks like they are selling tickets thru 6 July. Click on the ticket link and look at the calendar. The dates in bold are show dates.

[www.cirquedusoleil.com]

I was hoping the original dates would work as well. We worked hard to find some reasonable priced hotel rooms for the show dates and days in between. Driving so no plane tickets to worry about.

Thinking of driving, if the original dates hold, will be a nightmare to drive at since Chicago has a 3 day country music festival starting June 21st at the Lake Front less than a half a mile from Soldier Field and the only road to he festival goes right in front of Soldier Field. Spent 3 hours driving 3 miles to a Fleetwood Mac concert in Chicago. Traffic was the worst.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 27, 2019 08:34

Is the Foxborough Stadium (Boston) still open on original date?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 27, 2019 10:50

swimtothemoon
Is the Foxborough Stadium (Boston) still open on original date?

Yes

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 27, 2019 11:54

The reason for the postponement of the tour is Mick's health. I think some people seems to forget about that. If it was a broken rib or laryngitis or something very predictable then it would have been easier, also if Mick was twenty years younger.

I assume they planned for a three months delay of the tour, based on expert advices. Then there is a plan for an earlier start, if possible. I trust the experts know what they are doing. They need time to confirm when Mick will be ready for touring.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 13:26

Yes, I assume they are looking at various options and it would be intriguing if the reason why the release of the new dates takes "so long" is because they are thinking about touring earlier than most people expected them to.

I know it all depends in Micks health, which is of course the most important thing...

Anyway, rehearsing takes three weeks, I would say they would need to confirm and release dates at least two weeks before that (just my opinion) that gives us the following rehearsing and announcement dates for the late east coast concerts:

Landover: 10/05, 26/04
Philadelphia: 14/05, 30/04
Foxborough: 18/05, 04/05
East Rutherford 1: 23/05, 09/05
East Rutherford 2: 27/05, 13/05
Chicago 1: 31/05, 17/05
Chicago 2: 04/06, 21/05
Burls Creek: 08/06, 25/05

Looking at this, the afore mentioned two weeks patience would indicate that they could kick off the tour in New Jersey.

Again, I am in no way spreading any rumours, just thinking about it (as someone travelling to NYC from Austria...) and most importantly: GET WELL MICK! smiling smiley

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 27, 2019 14:08

bv
The reason for the postponement of the tour is Mick's health. I think some people seems to forget about that. If it was a broken rib or laryngitis or something very predictable then it would have been easier, also if Mick was twenty years younger.

I assume they planned for a three months delay of the tour, based on expert advices. Then there is a plan for an earlier start, if possible. I trust the experts know what they are doing. They need time to confirm when Mick will be ready for touring.

True BV. People forget also about the postponed statement of the Stones. They said they will postponed The whole tour included the Canadian shows. Now we are four weeks later.. we didn’t hear anything about the Stones official channels. So i think they will tour AFTER the original dates. Start mid july till mid september or something like that. Mick needs a full recovery! It is impossible in my opinion to start touring only 8 weeks (NJ dates) after a heart surgery.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 27, 2019 14:21

RG
bv

True BV. People forget also about the postponed statement of the Stones. They said they will postponed The whole tour included the Canadian shows. Now we are four weeks later.. we didn’t hear anything about the Stones official channels. So i think they will tour AFTER the original dates. Start mid july till mid september or something like that. Mick needs a full recovery! It is impossible in my opinion to start touring only 8 weeks (NJ dates) after a heart surgery.

Truth. Mick needs time to recover.
The tour can wait and stop putting your travel arrangements at the top of the pile when it's Mick's health that's important in this conversation.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 27, 2019 15:19

VooDoo Lounge started August 1 and ran through Jan in US/Canada. Of course, in the winter months there were dome concerts included such as the Carrier or Superdome. They did play outdoors into early October if memory is correct.

Of course this cannot be replicated The problem here is that the tix are already sold and most if not all venues are outdoors.

The tour plans are really problematic as Mick's health is the real issue as the last poster indicated.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 15:24

Chris Fountain
VooDoo Lounge started August 1 and ran through Jan in US/Canada. Of course, in the winter months there were dome concerts included such as the Carrier or Superdome. They did play outdoors into early October if memory is correct.

Of course this cannot be replicated The problem here is that the tix are already sold and most if not all venues are outdoors.

The tour plans are really problematic as Mick's health is the real issue as the last poster indicated.

They were 25 years younger then.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 27, 2019 15:31

grzegorz67
Chris Fountain

They were 25 years younger then.

Thanks for pointing that out - Cooler temps may not be feasible as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 15:37 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: torontostoner ()
Date: April 27, 2019 15:38

At this point, without an official announcement from the Stones themselves, we can only guess at possible dates.

The Hollywood Reporter quoted that at Melanie's Ballet April 18, Mick was quoted as saying he wanted to avoid crowds because he "didn't quite look like himself".

He attended but stayed backstage.

Can you imagine the pressure he is under to make this tour happen?
The surgery was successful, but there is more to recovery than just the physical aspect.
I for one, hope he takes all the time necessary to fully recover (for himself). We, the fans can wait!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 27, 2019 15:59

Just wondering "if" they do reschedule the tour,for later this summer,will it sell as good had they done the original dates? or will people be hesitant to purchase tickets,airlines,hotels,etc,knowing that it may fall apart again,should Mick not be 100 %,and yes l know that he will not do it unless he gets the green light from his doctors,and yet with the heart you never know,and no, l am not being pessimistic but l am sure this weights a lot in the mind of those fans who had tickets,hotels,etc and got burned if the airlines tickets were not refundable...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 27, 2019 16:17

torontostoner
At this point, without an official announcement from the Stones themselves, we can only guess at possible dates.

The Hollywood Reporter quoted that at Melanie's Ballet April 18, Mick was quoted as saying he wanted to avoid crowds because he "didn't quite look like himself".

The surgery was successful, but there is more to recovery than just the physical aspect.
I for one, hope he takes all the time necessary to fully recover (for himself). We, the fans can wait!

As you point out, it's not just medical clearance that must come before any rescheduling, it's also Mick deciding he still wants to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if his family would rather he would not.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 27, 2019 16:23

ROPENI
Just wondering "if" they do reschedule the tour,for later this summer,will it sell as good had they done the original dates? or will people be hesitant to purchase tickets,airlines,hotels,etc,knowing that it may fall apart again,should Mick not be 100 %,and yes l know that he will not do it unless he gets the green light from his doctors,and yet with the heart you never know,and no, l am not being pessimistic but l am sure this weights a lot in the mind of those fans who had tickets,hotels,etc and got burned if the airlines tickets were not refundable...

Nothing to worry about since (with the exception of Phoenix and Jacksonville) most of the shows were already selling well and several were almost sold out and ticket returns have been minimal so far. I don't think Mick's health issues will adversely effect the remaining ticket sales for the rescheduled shows and may even enhance them as most fans are now seeing this for what it is...possibly the last time they will ever get to see the Rolling Stones play in the US.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 16:32 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 16:50

They want to be at the top of their game to say goodbye to their fans. They will wait for that.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 16:53 by powerage78.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 27, 2019 16:51

As a person who has had several major surgeries, I feel for Mick. It takes time to recover, there's no way around it and he's not going back to a desk job. I wouldn't be surprised if his family prefers he either stops altogether, or gives himself the adequate time necessary to not only recover, but get back into shape. Personally, I can't see that happening for a minimum of six months from the point of surgery and I only say six months because of the excellent condition he is in. I was in good shape before my surgeries but was told it takes a full year to get back to normal. His health comes before everything. If this is the end, I will be very sad but eternally grateful for everything, particularly since 2012.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 16:54 by steffialicia.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 16:56

Rokyfan
torontostoner

As you point out, it's not just medical clearance that must come before any rescheduling, it's also Mick deciding he still wants to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if his family would rather he would not.

That could yet be the deciding factor. He has a very large family too and they certainly won’t all be happy if he reschedules so soon. For me it’s a much bigger issue than the availability of venues and crew. Crew, while valuable are replaceable and there have been changes down the years. The core band members are not replaceable.

Date: April 27, 2019 16:57

ROPENI
Just wondering "if" they do reschedule the tour,for later this summer,will it sell as good had they done the original dates? or will people be hesitant to purchase tickets,airlines,hotels,etc, ...

The Rolling Stones have sold out show after show year after year since they started the "last" tour in 2012. Most fans who go to their shows live nearby. They walk or take the bus or the tube or the car. They do not fly. They do not stay in hotels. The moment the new dates are announced any remaining tickets, or returns, will be picked up fast.

I don't really care if 3,000 seats in a venue holding 60,000 fans are not sold. If it is 95% or 100% sold out it is still The Rolling Stones on stage. Get well Mick!

Bjornulf

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: April 27, 2019 17:36

Assuming Mick is OK which we all hope

The logical thing weather wise would be to to start in the south in June before the extreme heat and hurricane threats.

Head to the northeast and then midwest while around original dates.

And then head west where weather is much more friendly.

Hey Stones love to see you open in Miami mid June!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 27, 2019 17:44

bv
ROPENI
Just wondering "if" they do reschedule the tour,for later this summer,will it sell as good had they done the original dates? or will people be hesitant to purchase tickets,airlines,hotels,etc, ...

The Rolling Stones have sold out show after show year after year since they started the "last" tour in 2012. Most fans who go to their shows live nearby. They walk or take the bus or the tube or the car. They do not fly. They do not stay in hotels. The moment the new dates are announced any remaining tickets, or returns, will be picked up fast.

I don't really care if 3,000 seats in a venue holding 60,000 fans are not sold. If it is 95% or 100% sold out it is still The Rolling Stones on stage. Get well Mick!

Exactly. Most of the audience is local people. Living in-town or nearby towns and at the most coming by car some 100-200 km distance (for example, a couple or two, where one doesn't drink or max 1-2 beers and drives back).

Then we have <5000 that are long distance fans travelling with flight. There are some die-hard fans like BV seeing all shows, but how many are like that - not even 1000. That BV could let us know.

Last many years (back to 89/90) Stones shows have rarely been sold out before on concert day. For most of the shows, it has always been possible to buy tickets on concert day.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 27, 2019 17:46

Chris Fountain

They played outdoor shows in Texas and Florida in November, on the VL tour.
[iorr.org]

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 17:56

torontostoner

I am guessing also at the ballet Mick didn't want all the attention put on him rather than the dancers and that it was Melanie's show. The ballet was also only part of a bigger show. My 12 year old neighbor a couple houses down was part of the show but not Melanie's part.

Date: April 27, 2019 18:27

Most fans never book a hotel to see the Stones. They simply take the bus or tram or drive an hour or so. If there is a new date then they simply go on that new date, no worries.

When you travel to see the Stones then you do know there is a risk. My first Stones show was in Scandinavium Gothenburg Sweden back in 1973, a four hours bus ride from my home near Oslo Norway. Satisfaction.

Later on I took the bus to Gothenburg in 1982, and a flight to Wembley London the same summer. No worries. My first cancellation was in Cardiff UK summer 1990, then two Wembley same summer, then Milan and Bilbao 1998, then quite a few cancelled shows after that, like Hong Kong due to SARS and Altantic City and Australia and New Zealand and Amsterdam and Benidorm and so on. I took the hit but I went back when they were back. There is nothing like a lots show unless they never play it.

I see the great memories from the shows they are performing rather than the bumps on the road it takes to see them live far away, because after all, they don't visit my home country Norway more than one time every 5-10 years. So I have to travel in order to get more satisfaction.

We are so lucky. The Beatles split in the 60's. John Lennon and George Harrison isn't around. Freddy Mercury isn't around. Our worry is waiting a few weeks for rescheduled dates. I can live with that.

Bjornulf

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 27, 2019 18:46

bv
We are so lucky. The Beatles split in the 60's. John Lennon and George Harrison isn't around. Freddy Mercury isn't around. Our worry is waiting a few weeks for rescheduled dates. I can live with that.

Lucky we are, indeed! Un-Be-Liev-Able!
I'm so happy to be a fan since the early 70ies. Holy crap - WHAT A BAND!

Whereas I can't afford to travel that much and follow them around, since some years I always stay awake to try to get some live streaming when they play, no matter where and what's the time of their gig over here at home. That's my take on this and I am extreemely happy to be part of it all and of this great community here!

Get well soon, Mick - take your time. Looking forward very much for some more live gigs!

Cheers to the Stones and to all of you here!
Johannes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 18:46 by waterrats.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 27, 2019 19:05

waterrats I hope we will meet again at IORR online at more showtimes smileys with beer
What a blast! I will never, ever forget my 1st Zipcode 2015 opener show,
and then following every show thereafter here on that USA tour, SEEING it hearing it online as it was happening!
ending with Mick ‘Satisfaction’ Buffalo NY doing his arms out X dance to the crowd filmed from behind
I sat up and cried like a baby, LOL!

Let’s do it again!

Good vibes Mick———

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2019 19:13

Intriguing that there are even rumours of the dates being bumped up earlier than later, with some of the original later shows (Chicago, etc.) possibly happening on the same original dates. Whether it happens like that or not nobody knows, but it could be a good sign that Mick's recovery is moving along better and quicker than expected. For all we know, he's already prancing around in front of a mirror during physical therapy and shouting out "Star Me Up!" at the top of his lungs in preparation for his return.

But whatever happens and whenever it happens - if it happens at all - well wishes for Micks health is the main priority and concern. He could retire right now and enjoy the fruits of his labor with his family and friends, and if so he well deserves it. And 25 years from now, I'd like to see him enjoying his life as a 100 year old man as healthy as can be for someone that age. He could be a proud Great Great Great Great (?) Grandfather surrounded by dozens or maybe hundreds of close family members - the Jagger dynasty -living the good life. Keep on rolling Mick. thumbs up

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 27, 2019 19:29

bv
ROPENI

smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 27, 2019 20:03

35love
waterrats I hope we will meet again at IORR online at more showtimes smileys with beer
and then following every show thereafter here on that USA tour, SEEING it hearing it online as it was happening!
ending with Mick ‘Satisfaction’ Buffalo NY doing his arms out X dance to the crowd filmed from behind

Let’s do it again!

Good vibes Mick———

Yes absolutly - this community really ROCKS

And you're right: if a Stones show happens and you can join in in what way ever, you are part of the show.

And you're right: I, too, get emotional when seeing/hearing them play live. Even if it is online and here in this forum: I won't miss it!

Love you all!
Cheers,
johannes

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: April 27, 2019 21:26

waterrats
35love

Let’s do it again!

Good vibes Mick———

Yes absolutly - this community really ROCKS

And you're right: if a Stones show happens and you can join in in what way ever, you are part of the show.

And you're right: I, too, get emotional when seeing/hearing them play live. Even if it is online and here in this forum: I won't miss it!

Love you all!
Cheers,
johannes

Absolutely !! We love this band !!

The next time Mick will be on stage, we will be there... what a great party it will be !!

Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: April 27, 2019 21:41

I will bet a doughnut that the Tour starts in Burl's Creek... big kickoff .. Big holiday weekend up here and rehearsals,logistics,all could be done in Toronto which they've used as their base on many tours...Legal weed too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home