Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 26, 2019 22:38

I do get a lot of e-mail queries regarding the tour every day now, related to travel plans, possible rescheduled dates, what to do with summer plans and so on. I am unable to give advices on an individual basis, but if you do have info, feel free to e-mail me so that I may look into it and add it to the big puzzle that will qualify into good and bad rumours. Then I will try to post the "good rumours" here.

I will try to do my best to tell what is the status as often as I can. Please do not read anthing between the lines here. I do not have a secret message. I just want to assist, so that some of your worries may take a rest. My advice is to ask friends and family to be patient. Don't book anything else important this summer. They may do an early rescheduling, if everything is working out well.

It seems like they have been looking into various options. One of the rumoured options were a late tour of Sep/Oct. I don't see many rumours about that anymore. The latest option would be to start the tour some time in June, with the 2-3 last weeks of the original tour dates, still in the "new" schedule, and then run the tour through July and parts of August. Same venues, just different dates for most of the shows.

If you are holding on to flexible bookings of hotels or flights for the last 2-3 weeks of the original tour, i.e. CHI and the shows 1-2 weeks before that, then hold on to those for a month or so. They may or may not happen, but there is no reason for canceling until still a month or so.

I have no info about when they will release new rescheduled dates, but I assume they can't release an "early tour" until Mick is 100% ready, so I assume that is what they are waiting for. Please give it a few weeks more. Then they will need to rehearse for three weeks or so, and then they would be ready some time mid to late June, all depending on when they are able to give the tour a "go". For The Stones the tour don't start with the first show, but when they meet up for the first rehearsals.

I would not spend a brain cell on 2020, right now the option and the focus is on getting the tour on track this summer. Patience and then they are on, that is what we aim at.

Bjornulf

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 26, 2019 22:44

Thank you Bjornulf. Any scraps of info always appreciated.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 22:46

Thank you Bjornulf.

Really appreciate every post of yours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 22:49 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 26, 2019 22:52

Thanks Bjornulf!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 26, 2019 23:05

Thanks a lot!

Takk så mye!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 26, 2019 23:07

Yes, thank you for the update Bjornulf.

"If you are holding on to flexible bookings of hotels or flights for the last 2-3 weeks of the original tour, i.e. CHI and the shows 1-2 weeks before that, then hold on to those for a month or so. They may or may not happen, but there is no reason for canceling until still a month or so."

This plan makes the most sense, with Mick's health being the primary concern of course.
Also lends credence to the earlier rumor of the Burls Creek show being on the original date.
I haven't cancelled anything yet, still planning on spending the five days in NY that I had booked for the shows, so this would be welcome news to me.

Would assume the majority of fans would feel the same if they played on some of the dates that were to be postponed, but not all I'm sure. Those that cancelled trips, tix, etc would be rightfully upset, but in the bigger picture it would be rather understanding if this is how it works out.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 26, 2019 23:20

Translation:
Do not know Joe, chill out.
LOL
Good weekend smileys with beer

Date: April 26, 2019 23:53

;-)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 00:53

I'm still booked for New York for the original dates and have cancelled nothing. I would be very concerned for Mick's well being going back on tour a mere 10 weeks after a heart op. Even if NJ, Chi & Burl's Creek are restored, that leaves around 10 shows to be played in some very hot places in July & August. If this happens, he'll be carefully pacing himself for sure.

Thanks for your update as always Bjornulf.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 27, 2019 00:53

We appreciate the insights and calming words, BV!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 27, 2019 00:57

nankerzrk
TornAndFried
The rescheduled dates are already in place for late summer/early fall. The only thing they are waiting on before they can make an announcement is for Mick to get the green light from his medical team. If they weren't planning to tour this year they would have already said this by now. Most of the tour crew is available as this was to be a late spring/early summer tour so many of them are probably not booked for another major summer tour. If so, they can either switch places with someone to be with the Stones or be replaced. Other logistics such as hotels, transportation, immigration, etc will all be taken care of. This is the Rolling Stones after all. They know how to arrange these things!

Seems a bit unlikely that they would have insurance contracts, everything underwritten, agreements in place, contracts with crew and logistics companies, etc. etc. locked before Mick's gotten the green light from his medical team, doesn't it?

Who is going to underwrite a tour when the pitch is "Yeah, sorry, oops on the original plan, but we're probably gonna be able to make it a few months later, if you put up the cash now, it would reaaallllllly help us out if we could go ahead and book everything while we wait for the doctors to confirm we're good to go."

First of all, the Stones don't need anyone to underwrite the tour expenses. These expenses are paid for by their touring corporation (mainly funded by advance ticket sales) as well as the local promoters in each city. As far as contracts with the venues, tour personnel, logistics, etc. all these things are already set up but on "stand-by" contingent on approval from Mick's doctors. There most likely is a primary plan as well as a back-up in place (i.e. two sets of tentative alternate dates). They have every option covered up to and including canceling the tour outright if the need arises (for example, Mick's health is at risk). There will be an announcement made as soon as possible. Be patient.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 10:55 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2019 01:08

Thanks Bjornulf. thumbs up

And continue to get well Mick!!!

DiegoGlimmerStones

;-)

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 01:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 01:42

MetLife Stadium in NJ currently has no events booked for about 6 weeks after 8th June. Soldier Field has Cirque du Soleil booked for one of the original dates. Burl's creek is just a big field.

Maybe they will start with those shows in that order but a bit later. I just hope Mick doesn't resume until he's ready plus a margin of safety.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 27, 2019 02:14

Thanks Bv! Grettings from Buenos Aires !!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 27, 2019 02:35

Hairball
TornAndFried
Irix
glmmr_twn

Football season, fall weather, it's not going to be easy. You can't expect crew to put their schedules on hold for the rest of the year. They need a paycheck too.

That's why I had asked about 2020. "Everything" is already scheduled for 2019, but for 2020 there would be a new chance ....

Perhaps they already have plans for another tour in 2020?

South America.

I hope so. I am there.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 27, 2019 02:55

TornAndFried
nankerzrk
TornAndFried
The rescheduled dates are already in place for late summer/early fall. The only thing they are waiting on before they can make an announcement is for Mick to get the green light from his medical team. If they weren't planning to tour this year they would have already said this by now. Most of the tour crew is available as this was to be a late spring/early summer tour so many of them are probably not booked for another major summer tour. If so, they can either switch places with someone to be with the Stones or be replaced. Other logistics such as hotels, transportation, immigration, etc will all be taken care of. This is the Rolling Stones after all. They know how to arrange these things!

Seems a bit unlikely that they would have insurance contracts, everything underwritten, agreements in place, contracts with crew and logistics companies, etc. etc. locked before Mick's gotten the green light from his medical team, doesn't it?

Who is going to underwrite a tour when the pitch is "Yeah, sorry, oops on the original plan, but we're probably gonna be able to make it a few months later, if you put up the cash now, it would reaaallllllly help us out if we could go ahead and book everything while we wait for the doctors to confirm we're good to go."

First of all, the Stones don't need anyone to underwrite the tour expenses. These expenses are paid for by their touring corporation (mainly funded by advance ticket sales) as well as the local promoters in each city. As far as contracts with the venues, tour personnel, logistics, etc. all these things are already set up but on "stand-by" contingent on approval from Mick's doctors. There very well may be a primary plan as well as a back-up in place (i.e. two or more sets of alternative dates). They have every option covered up to and including canceling the tour outright if the need arises (for example, Mick's health is at risk). There will be an announcement made as soon as possible. Be patient.

What is your source of information?

plexi

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 27, 2019 03:20

timbernardis
Hairball
TornAndFried
Irix
glmmr_twn

Football season, fall weather, it's not going to be easy. You can't expect crew to put their schedules on hold for the rest of the year. They need a paycheck too.

That's why I had asked about 2020. "Everything" is already scheduled for 2019, but for 2020 there would be a new chance ....

Perhaps they already have plans for another tour in 2020?

South America.

I hope so. I am there.

plexi

Me too, I would go wherever they toured in South America.

Date: April 27, 2019 03:55

timbernardis
TornAndFried
nankerzrk
TornAndFried

First of all, the Stones don't need anyone to underwrite the tour expenses. These expenses are paid for by their touring corporation (mainly funded by advance ticket sales) as well as the local promoters in each city. As far as contracts with the venues, tour personnel, logistics, etc. all these things are already set up but on "stand-by" contingent on approval from Mick's doctors. There very well may be a primary plan as well as a back-up in place (i.e. two or more sets of alternative dates). They have every option covered up to and including canceling the tour outright if the need arises (for example, Mick's health is at risk). There will be an announcement made as soon as possible. Be patient.

What is your source of information?

plexi

I worked in concert production for over 25 years (including 5 RS tours from 1994 to 2006). I know how things work in the business. I haven't spoken to anyone personally who is working for them now but I hear things. We'll find out soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 03:57 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 04:11

[/quote]

I worked in concert production for over 25 years (including 5 RS tours from 1994 to 2006). I know how things work in the business. I haven't spoken to anyone personally who is working for them now but I hear things. We'll find out soon.[/quote]

And with that tidbit suddenly TornandFried's inbox blows up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 04:11 by snoopy2.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: April 27, 2019 04:42

Snow in the forecast for Chicago on Saturday. That would be April 27.

[abc7chicago.com]

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 27, 2019 05:22

Thanx BV !hope they keep Chicago dates where they are.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 05:32

can't find NOLA/Jazz Fest page anymore so I'll post this here:

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe bout to go live at Tipitina's in NOLA, streaming live on Youtube at "nugsnet". [youtu.be]

right now an awesome horn band Naughty Professor is playing

(feel free to boot this to the jazz fest page if you can find it)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 05:35 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: April 27, 2019 05:45

I think the original Chicago dates won't work. From what I read the Cirque Du Soleil schedule states they will be at Soldier Field from May 18th thru July 6th, except Mondays.

[www.cirquedusoleil.com]

Guess a few days after July 6th could work.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 27, 2019 05:50

Thanks BV, wonder if new shirts will have to be made.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 05:55

Thanks BV

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 27, 2019 06:15

snoopy2
can't find NOLA/Jazz Fest page anymore so I'll post this here:

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe bout to go live at Tipitina's in NOLA, streaming live on Youtube at "nugsnet". [youtu.be]
thumbs up thanks- Karl on now.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 27, 2019 06:22

If an earlier reschedule is on the cards, looking at Metlife Stadium website, it seems there are free dates between 9 June and 26 July, so original dates would still work.
Soldier Field have Cirque du Soleil running through until 23 June, and then 7 July it's booked for Concacaf Cup, then free until 15 July. So allowing 3 days for stage set up etc that allows possible dates from around 26 June - 5 July, then again between 10 July - 14 July, with more gaps thereafter.
We haven't cancelled any of our international or domestic airfares or hotels, so fingers crossed those dates will still work.
The main thing is that Mick makes a full recovery. He has extreme fitness on his side so hopefully he will bounce back quickly. Our thoughts are with him spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 27, 2019 06:55

Let's see ... those dates of cirque de soleil in chicago appeared after the notice of the stones to stop the tour? I do not think so. Hopefully you can do NY and CHICAGO as they were before since I have tickets for the 4 shows.

Date: April 27, 2019 06:59

Harpo
I think the original Chicago dates won't work. From what I read the Cirque Du Soleil schedule states they will be at Soldier Field from May 18th thru July 6th, except Mondays.

[www.cirquedusoleil.com]

The Cirque du Soleil performance tents will be set up in a portion of the parking lot at Soldier Field - not in the stadium itself - so it won't affect any shows there. They were scheduled to be there the same time as the Stones all along.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-27 07:58 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 27, 2019 07:03

TornAndFried
Harpo

[www.cirquedusoleil.com]

The Cirque du Soleil performance tents will be set up in a portion of the parking lot at Soldier Field - not in the stadium itself - so it won't affect shows there. They were scheduled to be there at the same time as the Stones were all along.

Thats good news! I wondered if that might be the case. So it looks like all the original dates for NJ and Chicago are still available. Fingers crossed!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home