Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 24, 2019 20:27

Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball
Haha - sorry for laughing daspy, but I've done similar...was in Hawaii once when it dawned on me I had Steely Dan tix in L.A. for that night!
Never had tickets to two different shows for the same night though lol...

Even funnier, my wife and I had tix for the Temptations (or what was left of them) at the Universal Ampitheater about a decade ago.
Arrived at Universal City Walk, had dinner, etc., made our way over to the entrance of the venue (which was awkwardly quiet), and was then told by an attendant that the show was the night before - we totally missed it! grinning smiley

I fully expect to have 3 shows that day when the tour is rescheduled. For me it is more about making sure all the shows are recorded. I will do Santa Barbara and sell the Vegas Clapton extra. My friend who I was with at Nick Mason will do Ben at Hollywood Bowl and Clapton in Vegas. I will do Clapton in SF and Ben in Santa Barbara. Les wear and tear on me. SF to Santa Barbara to Vegas in 3 days is a lot of driving.

Plenty of tix still available for the Harper/Arlington show at very reasonable prices - might see you there. thumbs up
And if you get to town early enough and like authentic Mexican food, I highly recommend La Super-Rica Taqueria - a small building/hole-in-the-wall on Milpas - muy bueno!

But back on topic...postponements, reschedules, hotels, hurricanes, heart valves, etc.

Get well Mick. thumbs up

Reach out, have a few extras. Bought a single then a better pair so open to selling either.

OK will keep in mind, but have to double check calendar for that night to make sure I don't double or triple book anything! winking smiley

PS - You probably know that Ben Harper is from Pomona, Ca. next to Claremont. When I was attending Claremont Graduate University, I used to occasionally pop in to the Folk Music Center in downtown Claremont to browse around and for open mic night. Found out that Ben Harper owns it, his mom manages it, and was originally owned by his grandparents. Cool shop, and if you're ever out that way a nice place to check out. Folk Music Center

Was hoping to read some new info regarding the Mick and/or Stones, etc, but evidently we're at the same place we've been since Mick was photographed in New York.
Hoping he continues to recover which I'm sure he is, while I'll continue to wait patiently for any news and updates.

Yep, know that. I have met him many times and know him and his brother Peter. Great people.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 24, 2019 21:11

Hmmmm I have question. Some feel this might serve as a 'wake up call'. I'mnot sure sure about 'the wake up call' hope? ... What is there for the guy to wake up to? Living life to the fullest? (he has ...The dudes did it all ten times over .. ). Taking care of himself? (he has .. in fact...tremendously well for a rock star). Not taking life for grant it? (I don't think Mick ever came off that way).

What is hope for a 'wake up call' to? If people think touring more because time is limited (that's kind of selfish .. they have been touring for 50 plus years .. ). If it for the album? Well I didn't want this to happen to push the album? I don't think this should push an album .. In fact.. this is now the time to relax a tad and do some coasting ... and spend time with the fam ...before thinking about an album, tour or doing anything work related ... The past 10 years is when he / they needed to get on it ..not now (whatever... happens happens based on the recent turnof events .. though I feel all will be welly-well).

Ian

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 24, 2019 21:49

Every show and every tour since 2012 has been a bonus. They gave us a world tour and more. I lost count on the number of tours in Europe since 2012. Also North America has got a fair share of shows. Latin America, Cuba, Asia, New Zealand, Australia, UK, they have basically done the map and the world. Now they are working a large puzzle like a chess game that may get into remis but they work on a way to win it still. Get well Mick!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 24, 2019 22:07

bv
Every show and every tour since 2012 has been a bonus. They gave us a world tour and more. I lost count on the number of tours in Europe since 2012. Also North America has got a fair share of shows. Latin America, Cuba, Asia, New Zealand, Australia, UK, they have basically done the map and the world. Now they are working a large puzzle like a chess game that may get into remis but they work on a way to win it still. Get well Mick!

First and fore all, get Well Mick!
But I really hope they announce something shortly. Maybe then I can arrange something with my flight plans. Can save me a lot of money. As a lot of us do here. But as Björnulf said, it’s a bonus these last years. But it won’t be my first time I have go to a place where the Stones aren’t playing after all. I can also choose not to travel. What should I do in a city if the Stones are not playing there? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-24 22:09 by Christiaan.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 24, 2019 22:22

Christiaan
bv

First and fore all, get Well Mick!
But I really hope they announce something shortly. Maybe then I can arrange something with my flight plans. Can save me a lot of money. As a lot of us do here. But as Björnulf said, it’s a bonus these last years. But it won’t be my first time I have go to a place where the Stones aren’t playing after all. I can also choose not to travel. What should I do in a city if the Stones are not playing there? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It is for that exact reason that when I travel abroad to see the Stones, I always choose venue cities I'd be inclined to visit anyway. I know there are many groups of fans who've travelled to Florida from outside the US and are treating it as a normal holiday. There are even local Stones tribute bands putting on shows to entertain them!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 24, 2019 22:28

Terms & conditions says "show date is to be confirmed for 2019"
( but .. If for some reason, out of Network Ten & Universal Music’s control the show is rescheduled to 2020, Universal Music will honour the trip to Los Angeles plus 2 tickets to another Universal Music artist show in Los Angeles)

[m.facebook.com]

The Loop and Studio 10 Competition: Win a trip to Los Angeles to see The Rolling Stones live in concert
The Major Prize is a trip for two to Los Angeles, CA, to attend a The Rolling Stones concert, including:
-Return flights
-4 nights accommodation
-Return airport-hotel transfers
-Tickets to the event
-Limited Edition Merch pack

Competition period
The Loop and Studio 10 Competition commences on Monday April 22nd 2019 at 09:00AM (AEST) and concludes Monday April 29th at 09:00AM (AEST).

Date: April 24, 2019 22:37

bv

Yes. It´s true. We had a big and fantastic bonus since 2012. I hope the Stones can offer more some bonus. But if it wasn´t impossible I will understand very well.

But I am sure the Stones staff will do all possible to do this tour possible in 2019. Let´s wait for good news soon.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 24, 2019 23:13

IanBillen
Hmmmm I have question. Some feel this might serve as a 'wake up call'. I'mnot sure sure about 'the wake up call' hope? ... What is there for the guy to wake up to? Living life to the fullest? (he has ...The dudes did it all ten times over .. ). Taking care of himself? (he has .. in fact...tremendously well for a rock star). Not taking life for grant it? (I don't think Mick ever came off that way).

What is hope for a 'wake up call' to? If people think touring more because time is limited (that's kind of selfish .. they have been touring for 50 plus years .. ). If it for the album? Well I didn't want this to happen to push the album? I don't think this should push an album .. In fact.. this is now the time to relax a tad and do some coasting ... and spend time with the fam ...before thinking about an album, tour or doing anything work related ... The past 10 years is when he / they needed to get on it ..not now (whatever... happens happens based on the recent turnof events .. though I feel all will be welly-well).

Ian

Darling, according to the gossip, he is a tamed regular ol family man *sniff ;-)

“According to backstage sources, Jagger was dressed in black jeans, a black jacket and sneakers, and stayed for the entire performance, holding Hamrick’s hand and congratulating the dancers. Jagger skipped the dinner, which Hamrick attended along with such guests as Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen; the twins designed a white tutu for the gala.

The ballerina did dodge an afterparty to go home to the singer, and friends say she has given up her apartment and moved to a new Upper West Side home with Jagger and their 2-year-old, Deveraux, who is mistaken by neighbors for a girl due to his long locks. “People say, ‘You have such a beautiful daughter, but I still refuse to cut his hair,’’ says Hamrick

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 24, 2019 23:27

So, will we see Mick on broadway instead? Or pushing the pram in NYC...
more ballet?
I’ve already stated any Vegas residency I move too I’ll find a dive to waitress, start smoking cigarettes...

Yes, I am very grateful since my 2015 show, thank you, thank you RS.
What a ride!

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: April 24, 2019 23:38

Even if the doctors were to clear Mick today, he'd be wise to spend a month or two of daily jogging at his previous pace. Nobody wants him to discover a few weeks into a tour that he hasn't recovered the stamina required for a tour. We don't want him to be sitting on a stool on the corner of the stage, softly humming our favorite tunes. Mick needs to run around the stage and runways while singing his lungs out for two hours.

I get the impression that some people want him on stage, even if he has to sing from a hospital bed.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: April 24, 2019 23:46

This is just a guess here, but I bet Mick is listening to his medical team as opposed to fans posting on a message board as when it is best for him to do what.

Date: April 24, 2019 23:56

keefmick
This is just a guess here, but I bet Mick is listening to his medical team as opposed to fans posting on a message board as when it is best for him to do what.

Exactly! I think he’s more than capable of making decisions regarding his own well being. He’s probably done it before.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 00:24

Let Mick walk before you make him run.

Gotta move while it's still fun.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 25, 2019 01:01

5stringTele
Even if the doctors were to clear Mick today, he'd be wise to spend a month or two of daily jogging at his previous pace. Nobody wants him to discover a few weeks into a tour that he hasn't recovered the stamina required for a tour. We don't want him to be sitting on a stool on the corner of the stage, softly humming our favorite tunes. Mick needs to run around the stage and runways while singing his lungs out for two hours.

I get the impression that some people want him on stage, even if he has to sing from a hospital bed.

I have been thinking about this. Sooner or later, the Stones shows have got to change or they have to call it a day. Mick is 75 and he's running around like an 18-year-old on stage. We don't expect football players to keep playing until they are 75. The Stones are going to be in their 80s in the next decade. I would rather see them on stage with a slowed down blues show, than not at all! It doesnt have to be the constant running around imho. Nobody their age does that.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 25, 2019 03:09

most musicians worth a shit play till they drop. Even more so the old blues guys. It’s what they do, it’s who they are. If they play I’ll go. If they dont, I’ll lock back fondly and consider my self lucky for all the great music I’ve heard and seen. It’s all nicotine and gravy at this point anyway.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 25, 2019 03:39

5stringTele

Yes, but it would have to be a motorized hospital bed.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 25, 2019 04:01

35love
IanBillen

Ian

Darling, according to the gossip, he is a tamed regular ol family man *sniff ;-)

“According to backstage sources, Jagger was dressed in black jeans, a black jacket and sneakers, and stayed for the entire performance, holding Hamrick’s hand and congratulating the dancers. Jagger skipped the dinner, which Hamrick attended along with such guests as Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen; the twins designed a white tutu for the gala.

The ballerina did dodge an afterparty to go home to the singer, and friends say she has given up her apartment and moved to a new Upper West Side home with Jagger and their 2-year-old, Deveraux, who is mistaken by neighbors for a girl due to his long locks. “People say, ‘You have such a beautiful daughter, but I still refuse to cut his hair,’’ says Hamrick

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Ahhhh I see now. Someone meant the wake-up call as in 'slow down' .. or retire .. because things can happen at these ages and one never knows. I got it now.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2019 04:21

MKjan
5stringTele

Yes, but it would have to be a motorized hospital bed.

smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 25, 2019 04:35

No announcement this week.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 25, 2019 05:14

Topi

How do you know?

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: April 25, 2019 09:54

Hi Everyone,
Well, its the 24th and the Jacksonville show is removed from the list of shows from the official Stones website. Like someone said when Miami was removed on the 20th, shows are automatically being dropped from the list when the day they were supposed to take place passes.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: April 25, 2019 09:56

Jacksonville is still on sale on TM.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 25, 2019 11:59

Cooltoplady
Topi

How do you know?

It's what I heard.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 12:17

Topi

I think it’ll be at least a month from the first announcement on 30 March before anything happens.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 25, 2019 13:57

Topi
Cooltoplady
Topi

How do you know?

It's what I heard.

I actually deduced the same thing myself, from the fact that the week is basically over. Not really that hard to predict on Thursday.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 25, 2019 14:34

Rokyfan
Topi
Cooltoplady
Topi

How do you know?

It's what I heard.

I actually deduced the same thing myself, from the fact that the week is basically over. Not really that hard to predict on Thursday.

It isn't really rocket science. The more days this takes the more the chance is that it is too complicated.

I remember when Harvey Goldsmith rescheduled the Cardiff show in 1990 for like five days, due to Keith's infected finger due to a guitar string cutting him at the Glasgow show. He said "We had to move mountains". Then we got the resheduled Cardiff show of course, while two of the five Wembley shows were rescheduled into August.

Now they are working on moving sixteen or so mountains. Then add crew, band members, hotel logistics, weather conditions, stadiums etc.

If it was an easy task then we would have had the dates by now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 25, 2019 15:16

Wouldn't it be funny if the rescheduled tour looks something like this and no refunds are offered? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Los Angeles (3 shows)
Chicago (3 shows)
Toronto (1 show)
Dallas (3 shows)
New York (3 shows)
Miami (3 shows)

or

Wisconsin (4 shows)
Wichita (4 shows)
Wyoming (4 shows)
Wilmington (4 shows)

or

Mohegan Sun Casino (16 shows)

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 25, 2019 15:27

bv
It isn't really rocket science. The more days this takes the more the chance is that it is too complicated...

Bjornulf, it sounds as though you are becoming pessimistic about rescheduling the tour this year...

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: April 25, 2019 15:39

bv
Rokyfan
Topi
Cooltoplady
Topi

How do you know?

It's what I heard.

It isn't really rocket science. The more days this takes the more the chance is that it is too complicated.

I remember when Harvey Goldsmith rescheduled the Cardiff show in 1990 for like five days, due to Keith's infected finger due to a guitar string cutting him at the Glasgow show. He said "We had to move mountains". Then we got the resheduled Cardiff show of course, while two of the five Wembley shows were rescheduled into August.

Now they are working on moving sixteen or so mountains. Then add crew, band members, hotel logistics, weather conditions, stadiums etc.

If it was an easy task then we would have had the dates by now.

For me it sounds like this... Very complicated this time

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: April 25, 2019 15:40

Could the delay in the rescheduled dates announcement be linked to Mick hitting specific milestones in his recovery before the doctor will sign off?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home