Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 23, 2019 03:45

5stringTele
^^ Deadly lightning is a critical threat in Florida, which some say is the "Lightning Capital of the World" (it's certainly the deadliest lightning state in the USA).

And if you survive the lightning and oppressive heat and humidity, cheer up -- it's the heart of hurricane season. The statistical peak of hurricane season is September 10. The white-knuckled terrorizing threat of the dangerous part of hurricane season is the 60 days from the 3rd week of August to the 3rd week of October. During that time, even with improved predictions, you could be 3-5 days from a devastating storm that could disrupt life in a region far bigger than the actual hurricane path.

Welcome to Florida in August, September and early October.

Don’t forget the torrential downpours that entirely soak you car to door,
and the horrid large nasty bugs. Other than that, have a great trip grinning smiley

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: April 23, 2019 04:17

At this rate, Doom and Gloom will be the opener.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 23, 2019 04:22

PalaisRoyale
At this rate, Doom and Gloom will be the opener.
smiling smiley

Date: April 23, 2019 04:22

So we have 3 possible outcomes:
Fall 2019 tour, or,
they say 2020 Spring stay tuned for dates, or,
Mick says adios amigos free, free at last.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 23, 2019 05:05

TKinOH
What are folks' opinions on whether the Canadian gig will happen?

"The List" doesn't show it, nor have room to schedule it in there...

I have a Gold Circle ticket, and was lookin' forward to it. I dug the Gold Circle last summer. Plus, bein' the last show was a big bonus...

I hope they find a way for this one...

I think it was "DREAMTIME" who posted recently that he had a source saying it would be on the original date of June 29th. Doesn't seem very plausible, but a warm up gig a month+ out from the tour (if rumors are accurate)
I suppose is feasible. He's had good info in the past, so ?? Also might annoy some who have cancelled plans due to the postponement announcement.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 23, 2019 05:28

Cooltoplady
kovach
steffialicia
I am very concerned about the weather in Florida. I sincerely wish they'd do their Florida gigs at the end of the tour. Even October is iffy but September...not a good choice.

Not ideal but the chance for a hurricane in that precise location on that exact date is extremely small.

There’s a bigger chance of the drunk sitting next to you causing more disruption. That’s stuff to worry about

But if there is a hurricane moving in the direction of Florida - it would be crazy to setup the stage and encourage fans to travel to the area.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: April 23, 2019 05:36

They would probably be a day or two into setting up the stage when the evacuation order would be issued. If you're lucky, you'll get a warning 3 or 4 days ahead of landfall. The people of Punta Gorda only had hours to prepare for Cat 4 Hurricane Charley in 2004 (we thought it would hit up the coast, but it took a last-minute sharp turn). That storm nearly wiped Punta Gorda off the map.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 23, 2019 09:22

MisterDDDD
Also might annoy some who have cancelled plans due to the postponement announcement.

If people with tickets for the Canada show received emails telling them the show was postponed, and then they receive emails saying that it's not postponed after all and is still taking place on the same day, then said people would be justified in being a lot more than annoyed.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 23, 2019 15:18

Better they come with a new tour scheme soon to avoid more confusion.. be it this year or the next...

On the RS-app I saw a new (rumoured) tour-scheme, with a reference to iorr, but i cannot find it here, guess that was fake?

Menno

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: April 23, 2019 15:39

when they come to Houston, we will be there,hurricane torrential rain, this will probably the last time to see them,we will be there but, this is texas not florida of course

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 23, 2019 16:25

swimtothemoon
Cooltoplady
kovach
steffialicia
I am very concerned about the weather in Florida. I sincerely wish they'd do their Florida gigs at the end of the tour. Even October is iffy but September...not a good choice.

Not ideal but the chance for a hurricane in that precise location on that exact date is extremely small.

There’s a bigger chance of the drunk sitting next to you causing more disruption. That’s stuff to worry about

But if there is a hurricane moving in the direction of Florida - it would be crazy to setup the stage and encourage fans to travel to the area.

True.

Went to the San Francisco Licks show that almost got canceled due to storms that almost turned into the first hurricane there in decades. Half the power was out the day before, but the show went on (and the weather turned beautiful just before showtime).

Mick even thanked the crew for being able to get the stage up during all that.

Date: April 23, 2019 16:40

Aquamarine
MisterDDDD
Also might annoy some who have cancelled plans due to the postponement announcement.

If people with tickets for the Canada show received emails telling them the show was postponed, and then they receive emails saying that it's not postponed after all and is still taking place on the same day, then said people would be justified in being a lot more than annoyed.

Agree. Just repeating the rumor, but I do believe they will reschedule this.
Perhaps the opener, the site has a lot of available dates it seems and no NFL or hurricanes cool smiley [www.songkick.com]

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 23, 2019 16:53

kovach
swimtothemoon
Cooltoplady
kovach
steffialicia

True.

Went to the San Francisco Licks show that almost got canceled due to storms that almost turned into the first hurricane there in decades. Half the power was out the day before, but the show went on (and the weather turned beautiful just before showtime).

Mick even thanked the crew for being able to get the stage up during all that.

Funny you say this, when I saw them in Pittsburgh a few years back there was torrential rain before the show. Really bad. Just before they came on, out came a double rainbow!!

Date: April 23, 2019 17:29

dgodkin
when they come to Houston, we will be there,hurricane torrential rain, this will probably the last time to see them,we will be there but, this is texas not florida of course

Same for N CA
Come fire, earthquake, ain’t no mountain high enough.
LET’S GO STONES!

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 23, 2019 17:34

steffialicia

Funny you say this, when I saw them in Pittsburgh a few years back there was torrential rain before the show. Really bad. Just before they came on, out came a double rainbow!!

Yes, it did.

That said, Pittsburgh was the shakiest show I'd seen them do in decades. I talked to a cop the evening before who said the Stones were flying in on Saturday afternoon. If they flew through that weather they'd be nervous wrecks. I don't think they were able to sound check.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-23 17:35 by rbk.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 23, 2019 17:36

rbk
steffialicia

Yes, it did.

That said, Pittsburgh was the shakiest show I'd seen them do in decades. I talked to a cop the evening before who said the Stones were flying in on Saturday afternoon. If they flew through that weather they'd be nervous wrecks. I don't think they were able to sound check.

They sounded just fine to me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-23 17:37 by steffialicia.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 23, 2019 17:44

steffialicia
rbk
steffialicia

Yes, it did.

They sounded just fine to me!

No, they were a bit shaky and off until about mid show. Not quite gelling.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 23, 2019 18:49

Mick should take at least 6 months before returning. His is a grueling job even just a dozen dates. I am a fan and love him.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 23, 2019 20:32

DoomandGloom
Mick should take at least 6 months before returning. His is a grueling job even just a dozen dates. I am a fan and love him.

I agree. Take it slow, release the new album and then tour. Get healthy.

Date: April 23, 2019 20:49

Well I am not Mick’s Doctor (nor his nurse)
So whatever is decided
will be the best decision.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 23, 2019 20:52

swimtothemoon
Cooltoplady
kovach
steffialicia

Well those are two things you can’t do anything about. But look at the bright side. Hurricanes don’t happen everyday but drunk people do

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 23, 2019 21:23

35love
Fall 2019 tour, or,
Free , free, set them free, if you love someone set them free ,free set them free (Sting )

Date: April 23, 2019 21:57

TheGreek
35love
Fall 2019 tour, or,
Free , free, set them free, if you love someone set them free ,free set them free (Sting )

Well I’m free, to do what I want, any ol thyme (time)
The Rolling Stones ‘I’m Free’ ( Stripped Version)
[m.youtube.com]

Date: April 23, 2019 22:17

Besides, once Mick gets his USA surgery and hospital stay bill,
he’ll have to tour again.
I will now try to stay patient and wait for an ambient Boston radio station announcement? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 23, 2019 22:39

I’m selling my tickets back for a refund ...

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 23, 2019 22:47

Date: April 23, 2019 23:07

Only 18 days since Mick's heart surgery.

Looks like we'll hear this week about the rescheduled dates, but damn people are impatient cool smiley.
Doubtful docs would even consider issuing a clean bill of health earlier than this for the tour.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: April 23, 2019 23:13

I wonder if we’ll see Mick playing more guitar on the upcoming tour. That would require much less running around on stage.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 24, 2019 00:00

I wouldn’t count on hearing anything this week.

MisterDDDD
Only 18 days since Mick's heart surgery.

Looks like we'll hear this week about the rescheduled dates, but damn people are impatient cool smiley.
Doubtful docs would even consider issuing a clean bill of health earlier than this for the tour.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 24, 2019 00:30

Guitar strap will probably irritate his scars and goes right over the heart. As far as tickets, they'll hold everyone's cash indefinitely. The sale itself was over six months ago. I planned on purchasing a week or two before. Rather pay a little more than lend The Stones a grand for half a year. Great as they are when it comes to money they're savages. Personally I believe this is the end. By the time Jagger is really ready other factors that we're all aware of will catch up to them. It was a good run, since 2012 it's been a great gift, I am grateful for seeing Mick Taylor, Bobby Keys and the beautiful effort they offered us. Ready to let go rather than see bad shit go down

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-24 00:37 by DoomandGloom.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home