Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: April 18, 2019 23:03

That rumored list, if true, looks reasonable. The routing seems to work and many of the shows have four or more days off in between shows, which Mick seems to prefer. The Denver date seems to the one where weather could be an issue. Note no Toronto or New Orleans shows - there was some talk earlier in the thread that stadium shows could happen there. Both of those stadiums are indoors so they won’t have to worry about weather if they wanted to tack them on

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 18, 2019 23:08

djrambler
That rumored list, if true, looks reasonable. The routing seems to work and many of the shows have four or more days off in between shows, which Mick seems to prefer. The Denver date seems to the one where weather could be an issue. Note no Toronto or New Orleans shows - there was some talk earlier in the thread that stadium shows could happen there. Both of those stadiums are indoors so they won’t have to worry about weather if they wanted to tack them on

The originally scheduled ‘Toronto’ show is in a field an hour north of the city, not at a stadium in Toronto. I’ll be very surprised if it’s rescheduled elsewhere. Different capacity, owner, etc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 23:21 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 23:20

weeicemon
MIA 8/31
DC 9/4
CHI 9/8 9/11
BOS 9/14
PHILLY 9/17
NYC 9/21 9/25
JAX 9/29
PHX 10/3
HOU 10/9
LA 10/12
SF 10/16
SEA 10/22
DEN 10/26

Other thing that seems difficult with routing is that there are several shows that are two nights between shows instead of three. If I remember right from original schedule, all shows were at least three days apart. Would they shorten the amount of rest between shows with new schedule? Could see it as possible due to weather, but still not sure if that would be a good call or not.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 00:00

Nothing spectatcular but the Jaguars president seems to confirm that the tour will be rescheduled for late summer/fall.
Also "the concert would be second only to the 2005 Super Bowl for revenue".

[www.jaxdailyrecord.com]

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: April 19, 2019 00:14

SomeTorontoGirl
djrambler

The originally scheduled ‘Toronto’ show is in a field an hour north of the city, not at a stadium in Toronto. I’ll be very surprised if it’s rescheduled elsewhere. Different capacity, owner, etc...

Yep I have tix for Burls Creek. There was some chatter earlier in the thread that the rescheduled show could be in Toronto in a stadium since it would be in the fall(I assume where the blue jays play). Have no idea if that’s the case, just speculating based on what was said earlier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 00:16 by djrambler.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: April 19, 2019 00:15

In 1992, U2 played an outdoor stadium show in Denver on October 21st. From what I can tell there are no stories about it being miserably cold that night. Lucky, for sure, but it’s doable.

In 1997, U2 played the same stadium on May 1st, and temperatures were below freezing with some snow flurries thrown in.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 19, 2019 00:20

djrambler
SomeTorontoGirl
djrambler

Yep I have tix for Burls Creek. There was some chatter earlier in the thread that the rescheduled show could be in Toronto in a stadium since it would be in the fall(I assume where the blue jays play). Have no idea if that’s the case, just speculating based on what was said earlier.

That would be ideal indeed. And I’m reliably assured we don’t have to worry about any baseball post-season interfering with a Stones gig. grinning smiley

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 19, 2019 01:03

Booked cancellable rooms for five shows based on the rumored dates. Too bad it's all more expensive now.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 19, 2019 01:37

Yeah yeah yeah
Who has a single Santa Clara Pit ticket they can sell me at face value? LOL
Outta control.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 01:54

GAFF
Booked cancellable rooms for five shows based on the rumored dates. Too bad it's all more expensive now.

Ya, my Chicago rooms went from $180/nite (June dates) to $340/nite (Sept dates) same hotel.. Guessing it can't be Stones related cuz why wouldn't they have been that price during summer.. Is Fall in Chicago a busier time for tourism?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 01:56 by snoopy2.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 02:01

snoopy2
GAFF

Ya, my Chicago rooms went from $180/nite (June dates) to $340/nite (Sept dates) same hotel.. Guessing it can't be Stones related cuz why wouldn't they have been that price during summer.. Is Fall in Chicago a busier time for tourism?

Strange, my hotel was about the same, maybe a few bucks less. Warwick Allerton. The few others I recall checking were about the same too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 17:56 by JN99.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 19, 2019 02:07

snoopy2
GAFF

It is not tourism related as it is business related. The fall in many large cities is high time for large conferences/conventions. That would be why you are possibly seeing increased prices in hotels.

The Stones in large cities like NYC, Chicago, LA is just a small blip on the screen of importance and one of any number of large events on any given night. They would not move the needle of hotel prices other than possibly those handful of places that is the extreme closest to the venue

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 02:09

If the Stones do indeed play Saturday, Oct 12th at the Rose Bowl, the Who are already scheduled for Friday, Oct 11 and Sunday, Oct 13 at the Hollywood Bowl.

Now THAT's what I call a weekend!!

Hoping these rumors are true smiling smiley

Also would love Glendale / AZ on a Thursday instead of a Tuesday!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 02:17

OneHourPhoto
snoopy2
GAFF

It is not tourism related as it is business related. The fall in many large cities is high time for large conferences/conventions. That would be why you are possibly seeing increased prices in hotels.

The Stones in large cities like NYC, Chicago, LA is just a small blip on the screen of importance and one of any number of large events on any given night. They would not move the needle of hotel prices other than possibly those handful of places that is the extreme closest to the venue

Thanks, ya lol.. Used to live in both LA and NYC but been years in smaller towns now and forget how much goes on in the city

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 02:18 by snoopy2.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 19, 2019 02:51

As I remember, The Who are performing at Alpine Valley Wisconsin on September 8th. This is just over the border between Illinois and Wisconsin. Draws many from
Chicago area and suburbs. Could be a conflict with many fans who hold Who tickets
and Rolling Stones tickets for the same date.

Posted by: JessForte ()
Date: April 19, 2019 02:55

I have tickets for The Who in Vancouver October 21, and Seattle Stones tix...if The Stones play Oct 22 as rumoured, that's quite the 2 days for me...

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 03:15

swimtothemoon
As I remember, The Who are performing at Alpine Valley Wisconsin on September 8th. This is just over the border between Illinois and Wisconsin. Draws many from
Chicago area and suburbs. Could be a conflict with many fans who hold Who tickets

If this is true, I'm in this exact situation sad smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 19, 2019 03:46

swimtothemoon

...but dare I say, an easy decision to make.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 05:15 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: April 19, 2019 03:51

Madcap
The Bears are home on 9/5 and not again until 9/29.

My bad you are right they are away in that date

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 19, 2019 03:59

With that list of dates, the one possible clash seems to be the load-in for a Seattle date on 10-22, as the Seahawks are at home on 10-20.

Flip the Denver and Seattle dates:

Denver has an open window 10-17 to 11-3
Seattle has an open window 10-20 to 11-3

This could give the Denver gig a few more days to cheat Mother Nature, but still iffy I'm sure.

All speculation, of course, except for hoping Mick to a full and healthy recovery!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 19, 2019 04:10

Also with those dates, there's no week-ish gap in the early run of dates, but two 6-day spreads towards the end.

Wondering if they'd do Burl's Creek the weekend before Miami, then time to rest and truck from ON to South Florida, giving them a week to chill similar to the gap after Dublin last year?

Burl's Creek has a festival ending on 8-11, seems they could stage the make-up for Canada (Still!) Rocks either of the weekends after that.

Not sure I'm confident in booking rooms, cancellable or not, just yet. I'd rather hear more solid rumors from BV first...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2019 04:56

Benjiboy13
If the Stones do indeed play Saturday, Oct 12th at the Rose Bowl, the Who are already scheduled for Friday, Oct 11 and Sunday, Oct 13 at the Hollywood Bowl.

I have tickets for both Who shows, so yes this would be the ultimate!

Plenty of reasonable hotel rates in Glendale near the stadium for the new rumoured date, but the original one I had - a one bedroom suite w/full kitchen at the Residence Inn Marriott - has unfortunately skyrocketed.
And the hotel I had booked for the original Santa Clara date has gone from a very reasonable $118+/night to more than double that price at apprx. $275 (wtf!) - all hotels in the area have skyrocketed similarly.
Might have to drive my work van up there and sleep in it ...as Chris Farley used to say "in a van down by the river"...lol...

Whatever the case, glad to see some momentum regarding rumoured rescheduled dates which I believe to be is a good sign that Mick is doing well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 04:58 by Hairball.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 19, 2019 04:57

I wonder when we'll get the announcement. It should come soon, the longer they wait the more tickets are being resold or people start to have conflicts come up.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 19, 2019 06:56

jumpontopofmebaby
35love
daspyknows
weeicemon
MIA 8/31
DC 9/4
CHI 9/8 9/11
BOS 9/14
PHILLY 9/17
NYC 9/21 9/25
JAX 9/29
PHX 10/3
HOU 10/9
LA 10/12
SF 10/16
SEA 10/22
DEN 10/26

Hard 10PM curfew sor Santa Clara. There is no football stadium in SF.

No problem, we start @ 8:00 pm
Last show Denver? Oh me oh my.

Rules are made to be broken. U2 played there until 11:01 and prob just paid some type of fine.

Here we go again. After that show and Coldplay a year and a half ago there are NO weekday concerts. Maybe you can convince them since you know what to do.

[sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 19, 2019 07:15

coloradocanyons
Woz
> Sure there is. Kezar Stadium. <

It would be great to see the Stones at Kezar!

Yes! The original stadium however was demolished and the new structure only seats 10,000 plus field. Works for me.

I saw my first Niners game there 50 years ago this fall. Vs. Da Bears. John Brodie. Ken Willard. Dick Butkus. Gayle Sayers (spelling?)

plexi

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 19, 2019 07:17

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
35love
daspyknows
weeicemon
MIA 8/31
DC 9/4
CHI 9/8 9/11
BOS 9/14
PHILLY 9/17
NYC 9/21 9/25
JAX 9/29
PHX 10/3
HOU 10/9
LA 10/12
SF 10/16
SEA 10/22
DEN 10/26

Rules are made to be broken. U2 played there until 11:01 and prob just paid some type of fine.

Here we go again. After that show and Coldplay a year and a half ago there are NO weekday concerts. Maybe you can convince them since you know what to do.

A comprise would be 1 midweek show a month. We shall start w/ the RS :-)

Date: April 19, 2019 07:19

two4fun111
coloradocanyons
RE Denver October 26 date all the top hotels, including the band favorite, are showing wide open with suites etc available. It does give them a week before the next game to deal with the grass field.

The last few years have been dry around Halloween (Oct 31) but wide variance in temps and historically your open for some real snow. Seems very risky to me.

what do you consider their fave hotel?

Used to be the Brown Palace. Not sure now. Is there a Four Seasons in Denver?

plexi

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: April 19, 2019 07:35

Bring the show back to Oakland!!! It'll work...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 19, 2019 07:42

35love
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
35love
daspyknows
weeicemon
MIA 8/31
DC 9/4
CHI 9/8 9/11
BOS 9/14
PHILLY 9/17
NYC 9/21 9/25
JAX 9/29
PHX 10/3
HOU 10/9
LA 10/12
SF 10/16
SEA 10/22
DEN 10/26

A comprise would be 1 midweek show a month. We shall start w/ the RS :-)

The 49ers winning the next Super Bowl would have better odds. I just read an article about the latest lawsuit between the city and 49ers regarding concert issues. I was at U2 and at 5PM there were rumours they were going to start an hour early due to the curfew. Weekday traffic is also brutal at that time of day.

Date: April 19, 2019 07:43

Benjiboy13

I have a conference in Temecula near San Diego that ends on the 10th and would go to all 3 of these shows. Hello Hairball, Hello Bluzdude.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1372
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home