Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 18, 2019 00:15

It takes about 2 or 3 days to build the steel stage structure and another day to load in the "production" (lights, sound, video, stage set), and a day to take everything down after the show. So, although not an ideal situation it's plausible to do a show on a Thursday and still have the field ready in time for a Sunday game provided the field is artificial turf (and pending approval of the NFL).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 02:33 by TornAndFried.

Date: April 18, 2019 00:17

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
TooTight
Gaetzi
Between Mick healing up and stadium logistics I'll be really surprised if this tour happens.

They worked around the NFL in 2006, 2005, 2002, 1997, 1994, and 1989. No reason that can't do so again in 2019.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

This is someone's job to figure it out like they have a million times before and not to mention there is probably over 20 mil dollars in ticket sales at each stop. It will be figured out. NO PROBLEM!

It will happen if Mick and the rest of the Stones are healthy.

The only thing that will stop this tour is if one of them is in bad health.

NEXT!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!

As you have been saying ad nauseum. $20 million is pocket change in terms of NFL dollars and the league WILL NOT take any risks with venues particularly after last year's debacle in Mexico City.

Let me say this one more time . Just for you.

Not only do the Rolling Stones Tour NFL Stadiums during the NFL Football season but so do many other bands. Year after year after year after year.

And for the Rolling Stones .....unless they start earlier....are about to do it again.

What part of this do you not understand?

They will work around the NFL Schedule easily.

NEXT PROBLEM PLEASE!

Let me say it just for you, the stadiums are booked well in advance, The NFL is not going to allow a Friday show with a Sunday game. Most NFL stadiums do not have lots and lots of concerts during the season. There may be a few but rebooking a stadium tour in NFL venues is not going to be easy. You seem to think it is a trivial exercise. Nothing will be booked until the doctors say its OK, the insurance company says its OK and the NFL says its ok. More than just Mick's health.

I agree with all the above except....when Mick gets the OK it will happen

And who ever it is that secures the new dates at the stadiums could probably do it in his or her sleep.

Because...it is their job and he or she will be very good at it.

Next problem please

For some reason I want to read the book Chicken Little

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 18, 2019 00:20

TornAndFried
"The NFL would never allow a show mid-week of two home games"

Why wouldn't the NFL allow a concert to be held mid-week between two games?
The Stones and other bands have done it many times before. The stage takes about 3 days to put up and a day to take down - even quicker if construction goes around the clock. So, it's entirety plausible to hold a show on a Thursday or Friday and have the field ready in time for a Sunday game.

[operations.nfl.com]

Not a field where an NFL team plays. Field must be certified 72 hours before kickoff i.e. Thursday 1PM. Even covered up, a field will be damaged with 20,000 people on it if there is bad weather.

Date: April 18, 2019 00:41

daspyknows
TornAndFried

The Stones and other bands have done it many times before. The stage takes about 3 days to put up and a day to take down - even quicker if construction goes around the clock. So, it's entirety plausible to hold a show on a Thursday or Friday and have the field ready in time for a Sunday game.

[operations.nfl.com]

Not a field where an NFL team plays. Field must be certified 72 hours before kickoff i.e. Thursday 1PM. Even covered up, a field will be damaged with 20,000 people on it if there is bad weather.

Any stadium show I have been to either natural grass or turf. It has been covered with a hard cover board with some type tarp material over it.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:11

daspyknows
TornAndFried

[operations.nfl.com]

i have season tickets to Chicago Bears and many times in the Fall, the field is trashed because of an event a few days before, either a college game, nations rugby, U2, taylor swift, or whomever. It happens everyone, fields get trashed. The city of chicago buys a new grass field for Soldier at least twice a year because of an event. lets just chill and take a break from all this speculation for a few days. See ya next week. im resting my Stones Energy for the early Fall....

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:26

1985jayer
daspyknows
TornAndFried

[operations.nfl.com]

i have season tickets to Chicago Bears and many times in the Fall, the field is trashed because of an event a few days before, either a college game, nations rugby, U2, taylor swift, or whomever. It happens everyone, fields get trashed. The city of chicago buys a new grass field for Soldier at least twice a year because of an event. lets just chill and take a break from all this speculation for a few days. See ya next week. im resting my Stones Energy for the early Fall....[/quote

thumbs up

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:28

Has anyone checked the Farmer's Almanac?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:29

35love
1985jayer
daspyknows
TornAndFried

[operations.nfl.com]

i have season tickets to Chicago Bears and many times in the Fall, the field is trashed because of an event a few days before, either a college game, nations rugby, U2, taylor swift, or whomever. It happens everyone, fields get trashed. The city of chicago buys a new grass field for Soldier at least twice a year because of an event. lets just chill and take a break from all this speculation for a few days. See ya next week. im resting my Stones Energy for the early Fall....[/quote

thumbs up
They allow mid-week concerts in Europe during football season.
Should be possible in US as well.
It is just a matter of protecting the field itself.
Building up / taking down the stage is a day job.
Quickly done with the new module-stage-concept.

Date: April 18, 2019 01:30

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
TornAndFried

[operations.nfl.com]

Any stadium show I have been to either natural grass or turf. It has been covered with a hard cover board with some type tarp material over it.

Is their any other football stadium surface other than grass or turf? If there is heavy rain, a natural grass surface covered by a hard cover with 20,000 people on it will not be ready to play an NFL game the next day. Again, everything is easy and you think the Stones are the priority here. Next you will tell everyone the Stones can play a weekday game in Santa Clara and blow the curfew.

Posted by: mab1888 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:35

What everyone doesn't realize is that the NFL schedule just wasn't whipped up yesterday. It is only the release to the public that is today. The schedule has been known for probably the last month to 6 weeks. You have to understand that there are 4 games being played in London this year. Those dates have to already been decided early just for the sheer logistics of playing there (I've seen 2 games in London, and there is a lot that goes into playing there). Plus the logistics of just playing road games (hotel rooms booked, etc.) Also the networks have to know because of their logistical concerns.
My guess is that the work on rescheduling this tour started the minute the Stones knew their dates were being postponed, combined with consulation with Mick's doctors. I'm also guessing the reason why nothing hasn't been said yet is perhaps due because the majority of these games are being played in NFL stadiums that there is a gag order in place, demanded by the cities that the Stones are playing in with the heavy hand of the NFL as well telling them until the NFL schedule is released, nothing is released in regards to the tour. I have a hunch things will move quickly in regards to tour scheduling after tonight.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 18, 2019 02:29

mab1888
What everyone doesn't realize is that the NFL schedule just wasn't whipped up yesterday. It is only the release to the public that is today. The schedule has been known for probably the last month to 6 weeks. You have to understand that there are 4 games being played in London this year. Those dates have to already been decided early just for the sheer logistics of playing there (I've seen 2 games in London, and there is a lot that goes into playing there). Plus the logistics of just playing road games (hotel rooms booked, etc.) Also the networks have to know because of their logistical concerns.
My guess is that the work on rescheduling this tour started the minute the Stones knew their dates were being postponed, combined with consulation with Mick's doctors. I'm also guessing the reason why nothing hasn't been said yet is perhaps due because the majority of these games are being played in NFL stadiums that there is a gag order in place, demanded by the cities that the Stones are playing in with the heavy hand of the NFL as well telling them until the NFL schedule is released, nothing is released in regards to the tour. I have a hunch things will move quickly in regards to tour scheduling after tonight.

Other than a few dozen people on a fan forum, the re-scheduled dates are not that big of a deal and it is a small blip in a news cycle if/when they do get announced, they are not embargoing the information

Date: April 18, 2019 02:44

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
TornAndFried

[operations.nfl.com]

Is their any other football stadium surface other than grass or turf? If there is heavy rain, a natural grass surface covered by a hard cover with 20,000 people on it will not be ready to play an NFL game the next day. Again, everything is easy and you think the Stones are the priority here. Next you will tell everyone the Stones can play a weekday game in Santa Clara and blow the curfew.

The point is no matter it is covered. And more than likely zero damage. Arlington stadium totally removes the turf and there is a concrete surface. Google that pretty cool actually how they do it.

And one more one last time. It will be fine. Pretty sure they got it figured out.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 02:52

I think that's Glendale, AZ. The whole field can be rolled out.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 18, 2019 02:54

all of this is putting the cart before the horse. mick has to get back to 100% then they can think tour dates. who knows how long the rehab for strengthening his heart is gonna take. besides F the NFL. those idiots don't even know the rules to their own game. as soon as the money is on the table they will take it. if the stones do make a fall tour it will be just like every other fall tour. a bunch of the cities are warm weather cities.

Date: April 18, 2019 02:56

sundevil
all of this is putting the cart before the horse. mick has to get back to 100% then they can think tour dates. who knows how long the rehab for strengthening his heart is gonna take. besides F the NFL. those idiots don't even know the rules to their own game. as soon as the money is on the table they will take it. if the stones do make a fall tour it will be just like every other fall tour. a bunch of the cities are warm weather cities.

Do you know how little a venue makes on a top-tier act like the Stones, Springsteen, U2?

Date: April 18, 2019 03:15

JN99
I think that's Glendale, AZ. The whole field can be rolled out.

Arlington also.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 18, 2019 03:15

OneHourPhoto
sundevil

Do you know how little a venue makes on a top-tier act like the Stones, Springsteen, U2?

No. Go ahead and ask Soldier Field. I’m sure they love looky-loos.
[soldierfield.net]
Don’t forget to add food costs, parking.
We’ll wait for your tally.

Date: April 18, 2019 03:32

35love
OneHourPhoto
sundevil

No. Go ahead and ask Soldier Field. I’m sure they love looky-loos.
[soldierfield.net]
Don’t forget to add food costs, parking.
We’ll wait for your tally.

Many venues do not own the parking facilities. Either they are own my the local municipality or a private company. Depending on the agreements, the venue gets very little.

Same for Food Services. Most venues contract the services out to a 3rd party, in which pays the venues just fixed rent.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 18, 2019 03:52

Looking at the NFL schedule from Week 1, the weekend of 8th September through the weekend of 24th November, The Stones would see a maximum of 10 venues with games on any given weekend. This includes the Superdome in New Orleans if they wanna make good on their gig there...

At least 5 or 6 choices to reschedule on a given weekend sounds feasible to me...

A speedy recovery and good health to Mick and all the band!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 18, 2019 03:59

NFL schedules were released about 40 minutes ago. Go here to see the week by week games or go to Team Schedules on this page to see each team's schedule week by week

[www.espn.com]

plexi

Date: April 18, 2019 04:24

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
TornAndFried

[operations.nfl.com]

The point is no matter it is covered. And more than likely zero damage. Arlington stadium totally removes the turf and there is a concrete surface. Google that pretty cool actually how they do it.

And one more one last time. It will be fine. Pretty sure they got it figured out.
`

They are not playing Arlington so not sure your point.

Date: April 18, 2019 04:58

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
TornAndFried

[operations.nfl.com]

`

They are not playing Arlington so not sure your point.

The point is on your head. Please put a hat on before someone sees it !

No really the point is some stadiums simply remove the turf before and replace after apparently like Glendale. I have no clue how many stadiums they are playing this time that have grass. Don’t care. But the ones that have turf it is possible they remove before and replace after so no chance of damage to the field

What ya think.

Do you want me to just give you micks cell phone number so you can call him and inform him the fall tour is not possible because of the nfl football schedule?

I am sure not only him but the rest of the band would like to know now before they put anymore effort in trying to make this happen.
You could save them a lot of time and effort!!

Where is that chicken little book anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 05:17 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 18, 2019 05:15

TornAndFried
It takes about 2 or 3 days to build the steel stage structure and another day to load in the "production" (lights, sound, video, stage set), and a day to take everything down after the show. So, although not an ideal situation it's plausible to do a show on a Thursday and still have the field ready in time for a Sunday game provided the field is artificial turf (and pending approval of the NFL).

Is that really still the case? I thought I read elsewhere these are now a much quicker ordeal, like 1 day up, 1 down.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 18, 2019 05:22

It generally takes a crew of about 40 2 to 3 days to put up a StageCo stage like the one the Stones use in stadiums. This includes the use of several boom cranes. The sound, lights, video and stage set takes an additional 8 to 10 hours of labor utilizing a crew of over 100 (local and touring crew combined). The production load out is much quicker and takes about 4 hours and another 12 to 16 hours for the stage to come down.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 07:46 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: April 18, 2019 09:13

After scouring the recently released NFL scheduling, it's pretty evident that making inbg a tour lineup wasnt/isnt going to be that difficult. There are huge gaps to accommodate the double performance cities and the only requirement to fit in a single show in, is an away week by a team.
Piece of cake...release the hounds please!! We need to schedule our lives!!!!

Posted by: weeicemon ()
Date: April 18, 2019 09:21

MIA 8/31
DC 9/4
CHI 9/8 9/11
BOS 9/14
PHILLY 9/17
NYC 9/21 9/25
JAX 9/29
PHX 10/3
HOU 10/9
LA 10/12
SF 10/16
SEA 10/22
DEN 10/26

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: April 18, 2019 10:49

weeicemon
MIA 8/31
DC 9/4
CHI 9/8 9/11
BOS 9/14
PHILLY 9/17
NYC 9/21 9/25
JAX 9/29
PHX 10/3
HOU 10/9
LA 10/12
SF 10/16
SEA 10/22
DEN 10/26

Rumours?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 18, 2019 12:17

weeicemon
MIA 8/31
DC 9/4
CHI 9/8 9/11
BOS 9/14
PHILLY 9/17
NYC 9/21 9/25
JAX 9/29
PHX 10/3
HOU 10/9
LA 10/12
SF 10/16
SEA 10/22
DEN 10/26

Works for me. Just sayin.

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: April 18, 2019 12:45

Just post by Sasha Allen on Instagram...Reharsal at Ripley Grier Studios New York.
Does this make any sense? smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 12:56

hilary
Just post by Sasha Allen on Instagram...Reharsal at Ripley Grier Studios New York.
Does this make any sense? smiling smiley

She isn't exclusively contracted to the Stones. She's a professional singer with lots of other projects no doubt. No way will Mick rehearse 2 weeks after his op.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home