Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 11, 2019 19:21

Boognish
In my opinion, the Stones should retire. Mick, your health is more important than a band. If you're not 100% then just walk away. No harm in that. You've already proved what you wanted to prove. I think it's a selfish thing for us to discuss when the new tour will be rescheduled. Some things are more important than our own personal enjoyment. Retire from the road, enjoy your remaining days on earth with your family.

I never understood the word retire when it comes to musicians or creative artists in general. Did Picasso Tesla or Enstien retire? People that say retire never played an instrument

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 19:24

Elmo Lewis
I wouldn't bury him yet. I've had some fairly serious heart events and have recovered nicely - no, I don't exert like Mick does - and feel sure he will do the same.

Maybe not as much running around, but like some have said, who cares? Yes, maybe it's selfish, but I hope to see Mick performing soon.

Mick probably hopes the same - to be back performing.

He loves it.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: April 11, 2019 19:34

Cooltoplady
I never understood the word retire when it comes to musicians or creative artists in general. Did Picasso Tesla or Enstien retire? People that say retire never played an instrument
I play instruments. What I meant by retire was retire from the road. Elton John is doing that. Paul Simon, too. Bowie did it. Glen Campbell. Linda Ronstadt. Lots more. If Mick can't do it anymore, then don't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-11 19:39 by Boognish.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 11, 2019 19:50

Boognish
Cooltoplady
I play instruments. What I meant by retire was retire from the road. Elton John is doing that. Paul Simon, too. Bowie did it. Glen Campbell. Linda Ronstadt. Lots more. If Mick can't do it anymore, then don't.

B B King didn't (played until he died some 90 y.o.), Waters hasn't, Macca hasn't, Clapton hasn't, Buddy Guy hasn't (83 this year), Linda Ronstadt got sick, Dylan hasn't, Santana hasn't etc. They live for their arts / music and do it as long as they can. Robert Redford played his most recent movie as 83, Clint Eastwood as 88.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-11 19:52 by mtaylor.

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: April 11, 2019 20:03

I think some are underestimating Mick's drive and Type A desire to be the best and let nothing get in the way of his plans. I would think he sees this as a great challenge. Mick's been in great shape for so long he's got the best chance for a full and quick recovery.

To quote NBA coach Rudy Tomjanovich "never underestimate the heart of a champion"

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 11, 2019 20:05

tumblinbrian
From all reports sounds like everything went very well. No complications.
The recuperation time from these procedures is 2 weeks.
Being very conservative 6 weeks and should be 100%.

They should be able to go in late May/June.
Which is why the July start being rumored baffles me.
June weatherwise is much more forgiving than July.

Just happy everything went well!

What you have to remember is he is losing strength and fitness as he recuperates. It will take a while to get back in shape even after he is medically cleared.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 11, 2019 20:10

Date: April 11, 2019 20:12

right on schedule thx makustone

Date: April 11, 2019 20:12

steffialicia
tumblinbrian
From all reports sounds like everything went very well. No complications.
The recuperation time from these procedures is 2 weeks.
Being very conservative 6 weeks and should be 100%.

They should be able to go in late May/June.
Which is why the July start being rumored baffles me.
June weatherwise is much more forgiving than July.

Just happy everything went well!

What you have to remember is he is losing strength and fitness as he recuperates. It will take a while to get back in shape even after he is medically cleared.

A footballer, for example, after a surgery is put right back to exercise. The best recovery is to exercise. So, you will probably have MJ already sitting on a training bike or similar keeping him in shape. The worst recovery is to sit back and doing nothing - it is exactly the biggest chance for any complication because you get weak. Lot's of people think it is best to relax, overprotect - it is not. The body can not fall apart doing nothing.

Date: April 11, 2019 20:14

walking Central Park....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 11, 2019 20:22

Date: April 11, 2019 20:26

He looks fine - tour ready... smileys with beer

Date: April 11, 2019 20:26

Awesome to see Mick out and about! Once the rescheduled dates are announced we should all buy some of the pricier tickets to show our love and support for him. That would no doubt help in lifting his spirits.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 11, 2019 20:39

Wow...smiling smiley...FANTASTIC!!!

Cristiano Radtke
Great! thumbs up

makemeburnthecandle
Once the rescheduled dates are announced we should all buy some of the pricier tickets to show our love and support for him

Lol...NO!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 11, 2019 20:42

And THAT right there is what I was hoping for...

GO MICK!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 11, 2019 20:58

Magnolia Stellata @ New York winking smiley

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 11, 2019 22:20

‘Tour ready’? How? It’s a seventy-something strolling in the park. Let him rest; even if it’s indefinite. We’ve enjoyed so much; he’s given so much. Thanks, Sir Michael.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 11, 2019 22:30

makemeburnthecandle
Awesome to see Mick out and about! Once the rescheduled dates are announced we should all buy some of the pricier tickets to show our love and support for him. That would no doubt help in lifting his spirits.

Take some more..
Jeroen

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 11, 2019 22:49

First pic of Mick out of hospital since surgery, looking good smileys with beer

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: April 11, 2019 23:02

Big Al
‘Tour ready’? How? It’s a seventy-something strolling in the park. Let him rest; even if it’s indefinite. We’ve enjoyed so much; he’s given so much. Thanks, Sir Michael.

Being up and about after almost any type of surgery is very important. Mick will have a physical therapy program to follow to slowly ramp things up, so he can't just lay around and rest even he wanted to. Agree definitely not tour ready. Two /three months maybe. However, it's not only what Mick does on stage. Touring alone is grueling.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 11, 2019 23:17

He looks very well indeed, thank you Sir Mick!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-11 23:20 by 35love.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: April 11, 2019 23:31

Looks great. Just sing without the running around!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 11, 2019 23:50

To be honest, I think the running around has gotten ridiculous. Probably a result of stadium era Stones and having to cover so much ground but back in the day it was a lot more dancing and a lot less running around.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 12, 2019 00:11

Cristiano Radtke
Great! thumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: April 12, 2019 00:19

Gaetzi
To be honest, I think the running around has gotten ridiculous. Probably a result of stadium era Stones and having to cover so much ground but back in the day it was a lot more dancing and a lot less running around.
YES! Would rather hear him sing the songs properly instead of all the pointless running around. We get it Mick...you are in great shape-you can still do it. OK. Why continually prove it over and over?? Just sing instead of shout..take your time, maybe if you conserve energy you can add a few more songs to the paltry 19 set. A b-stage with 3-4 blues or R&B numbers from the old days would be a welcome change. You don't have to impress anyone anymore Mick.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 12, 2019 00:26

I adore "the running around". I pray he can still do it but if he can't that's fine too. 75 and running around...he is my hero!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 00:35

keithsman

[www.mirror.co.uk]

As an aside, nice pic of the Jagger boys together in the same article.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 12, 2019 00:40

mtaylor
Boognish
Cooltoplady

B B King didn't (played until he died some 90 y.o.), Waters hasn't, Macca hasn't, Clapton hasn't, Buddy Guy hasn't (83 this year), Linda Ronstadt got sick, Dylan hasn't, Santana hasn't etc. They live for their arts / music and do it as long as they can. Robert Redford played his most recent movie as 83, Clint Eastwood as 88.

BUT the obvious difference is that the musicians above don't spend a couple of hours running about all over the stage.
The challenge for Mick is wether he can adjust his stage movements at this point in his career. He may not be capable of 'slowing down'.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 00:47

jlowe
mtaylor
Boognish
Cooltoplady

BUT the obvious difference is that the musicians above don't spend a couple of hours running about all over the stage.
The challenge for Mick is wether he can adjust his stage movements at this point in his career. He may not be capable of 'slowing down'.

Agreed.His dance down the catwalk routine for Midnight Rambler is simply incredible for s man his age. Amazing as it is to watch, He maybe needs to cut out stuff like that and pace himself better.
If you look at early footage from say, 1963-1967, his movement on stage was pretty much dancing on the spot. The crazy stuff he still does now arrived in the large arena/stadium era.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 12, 2019 00:59

keithsman

[www.mirror.co.uk]

It shows the same pic.

"Running around", "jumping around", -you make it sound so stupid. I guess it`s part of the formula in the same way as songs like Midnight Rambler, Sympathy, Satisfaction... As Jagger probably would say; "you don`t mess with those songs".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home