Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 23:48

Keefy
Any day now......

Fingers crossed.

Date: April 11, 2019 00:11

Does anyone know how long after this type of procedure it takes before you are released by the doctor?

2 weeks?

There will be no new dates released until Mick gets the green light from the doctor.

Date: April 11, 2019 00:18

jumpontopofmebaby
Does anyone know how long after this type of procedure it takes before you are released by the doctor?

2 weeks?

There will be no new dates released until Mick gets the green light from the doctor.

A few days apparently.

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: April 11, 2019 00:22

I read somewhere the recovery time from the procedure is typically 3-5 days so he's probably been released and getting ready to start his rehab

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 11, 2019 00:25

WelshEdge1
jumpontopofmebaby

2 weeks?

A few days apparently.

A few days you are out of the hospital after being thoroughly checked out by cardio surgeon to leave (that was when we got the ‘He is okay’)
Now, signed off for work? Not for awhile, and I believe Bjornulf said
4 weeks, which sounds logical to me,
altho I don’t know anything and am speculating like the rest of you foolsgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-11 00:26 by 35love.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 11, 2019 00:30

makustone
mtaylor
makustone
bv
Reading the comments from Mick's brother Chris might make us worried about the touring future of The Rolling Stones. I am sure Mick wants to tour as long as he can. On the other hand, I can't see Mick standing still when performing songs like "Out Of Control". Mick is not the kind of singer who is sitting on a stool singing through the entire show.

No one imagines it but the reality may be different and the stones have thousands of songs to do. I know that many are going to say that they are old and that they are not going to make rarities at this point but as someone said here in a previous comment, it would not be bad if Keith sings 3 songs and there is an acoustic part in the show where Mick feel the keyboard or hang the acoustic guitar. I know many will say that this can not be done in stadium shows, that 80 0 90% of people will see the show and to chant Brown Sugar but good things unfortunately changed. I can not ask the Stones for anything else, they gave me life and they are what I love most in the world since I have use of reason and feeling. I just hope that Jagger feels healthy and well and that if he wants to do the tour he will do it. There is not much time anymore. In my place I am a little sad because I was going to see 4 times 2 in New Jersey and 2 in Chicago. It was going to be the trip of my life and now I think that if the reprogramming plans are changed I can only see them 2 times but anyway nobody cares about my story we all have problems to change the plans and maybe many will see some less show. .. I just dream of seeing the Stones live again when I can and where ...

This happens to most bands. An example.

Eric Clapton - you don't see him playing the same long / fluent solos anymore as he did 90'ies for example. His has changed his style of playing, slower, less solos, Doyle taking more part of the show etc. The show is still very good but just adapted to his change. The audience still loves him.

The same happens to others - Roger Waters, Macca, etc.

If Stones slowed down a bit - so be it. As long as they are able to put up a good show. Mick could focus more on singing than running around. Mick is in fact a good singer. They could do the small stage thing again and being closer to the audience for 5-7 songs instaed of 3 songs.
That's why I say if you want and can change welcome. Jagger is one but the best singer of all! I prefer to enjoy singing before dancing. It's Jagger! It's the Stones! There is nothing or nobody bigger!

Truth of the matter is they've gradually been slowing down for quite some time now, so a little bit slower is to be expected and will be accepted by most fans.
Even if Mick slows down to a standstill, then so be it...he's paid his dues as far as the physical performances go, and now he can focus more on delivering great vocals.
Keith has reeled it in quite a bit. He used to prowl all over the stage and do his exaggerated poses - flailing his arms around and kicking at the air for emphasis.
Now he's sort of hovers in the background focusing more on the task at hand and everybody still loves him - screwed up riffs and all.

Hoping Mick makes a full recovery, and whatever happens after that...time will tell.

makustone
think that if the reprogramming plans are changed I can only see them 2 times but anyway nobody cares about my story we all have problems to change the plans and maybe many will see some less show. ..

Most of us are in the same boat, and personally I do care about your story just as I care about everyone's story.
It's been a crazy week or so since the postponement announcement for many, but quite alot has already happened since then.
Mick is on the mend and doing well, and right now that's the most important thing. Everything else will work itself out one way or another, and life goes on. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-11 00:37 by Hairball.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 11, 2019 00:58

Hairball
makustone
mtaylor
makustone
bv
Reading the comments from Mick's brother Chris might make us worried about the touring future of The Rolling Stones. I am sure Mick wants to tour as long as he can. On the other hand, I can't see Mick standing still when performing songs like "Out Of Control". Mick is not the kind of singer who is sitting on a stool singing through the entire show.

No one imagines it but the reality may be different and the stones have thousands of songs to do. I know that many are going to say that they are old and that they are not going to make rarities at this point but as someone said here in a previous comment, it would not be bad if Keith sings 3 songs and there is an acoustic part in the show where Mick feel the keyboard or hang the acoustic guitar. I know many will say that this can not be done in stadium shows, that 80 0 90% of people will see the show and to chant Brown Sugar but good things unfortunately changed. I can not ask the Stones for anything else, they gave me life and they are what I love most in the world since I have use of reason and feeling. I just hope that Jagger feels healthy and well and that if he wants to do the tour he will do it. There is not much time anymore. In my place I am a little sad because I was going to see 4 times 2 in New Jersey and 2 in Chicago. It was going to be the trip of my life and now I think that if the reprogramming plans are changed I can only see them 2 times but anyway nobody cares about my story we all have problems to change the plans and maybe many will see some less show. .. I just dream of seeing the Stones live again when I can and where ...

This happens to most bands. An example.

Eric Clapton - you don't see him playing the same long / fluent solos anymore as he did 90'ies for example. His has changed his style of playing, slower, less solos, Doyle taking more part of the show etc. The show is still very good but just adapted to his change. The audience still loves him.

The same happens to others - Roger Waters, Macca, etc.

If Stones slowed down a bit - so be it. As long as they are able to put up a good show. Mick could focus more on singing than running around. Mick is in fact a good singer. They could do the small stage thing again and being closer to the audience for 5-7 songs instaed of 3 songs.
That's why I say if you want and can change welcome. Jagger is one but the best singer of all! I prefer to enjoy singing before dancing. It's Jagger! It's the Stones! There is nothing or nobody bigger!

Truth of the matter is they've gradually been slowing down for quite some time now, so a little bit slower is to be expected and will be accepted by most fans.
Even if Mick slows down to a standstill, then so be it...he's paid his dues as far as the physical performances go, and now he can focus more on delivering great vocals.
Keith has reeled it in quite a bit. He used to prowl all over the stage and do his exaggerated poses - flailing his arms around and kicking at the air for emphasis.
Now he's sort of hovers in the background focusing more on the task at hand and everybody still loves him - screwed up riffs and all.

Hoping Mick makes a full recovery, and whatever happens after that...time will tell.

makustone
think that if the reprogramming plans are changed I can only see them 2 times but anyway nobody cares about my story we all have problems to change the plans and maybe many will see some less show. ..

Most of us are in the same boat, and personally I do care about your story just as I care about everyone's story.
It's been a crazy week or so since the postponement announcement for many, but quite alot has already happened since then.
Mick is on the mend and doing well, and right now that's the most important thing. Everything else will work itself out one way or another, and life goes on. thumbs up

Sorry if you interpreted my words about "my story" I did not mean it in that way that nobody cares but what I love most and we all want is that Mick returns to the stage to give us happiness. Only that. Thanks for the comment friend.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 11, 2019 01:15

I understand makustone...
Of course Mick is the #1 priority that everyone cares about first and foremost - we all want him to get well!
But many of us also have compassion for other fans who are dealing with situations or "stories" regarding changing itineraries, etc.
It's all for one, and one for all...or something like that. winking smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 11, 2019 01:31

I hope Mick can still perform the way he would like to perform. Anybody knows what are the constraints if any after that type of surgery at Mick's age?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: April 11, 2019 01:43

From all reports sounds like everything went very well. No complications.
The recuperation time from these procedures is 2 weeks.
Being very conservative 6 weeks and should be 100%.

They should be able to go in late May/June.
Which is why the July start being rumored baffles me.
June weatherwise is much more forgiving than July.

Just happy everything went well!

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: April 11, 2019 06:51

benstones
We were extremely lucky to see the Stones at their best between 2012 and 2018. In 2007 I thought it was the end, so I feel so happy and lucky that I could see them every year from 2012 and 2018. I mean, they are almost 76 years old and Charlie is soon 78.

If Mick has to slow down, it is totally normal, his health FIRST! and we - fans - have to understand it. I totally accept to see less shows, or to see shorter shows. Even if they do 5 to 10 shows / year. And if the Stones have to stop touring, well they already gave us so much, I am so grateful!

Yeah, I agree. I thought that was it after the Bigger Bang tour. It was all bonus after that, and what an amazing run they've put on since 2012.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 11, 2019 07:59

tumblinbrian
From all reports sounds like everything went very well. No complications.
The recuperation time from these procedures is 2 weeks.
Being very conservative 6 weeks and should be 100%.

They should be able to go in late May/June.
Which is why the July start being rumored baffles me.
June weatherwise is much more forgiving than July.

Just happy everything went well!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 11, 2019 08:00

Not when you are 75!!.take all the time you want Mick. All the best.
Jeroen

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 11, 2019 12:35

runrudolph
Not when you are 75!!.take all the time you want Mick. All the best.
Jeroen

Definitely! Mick needs to get well. The tour can wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-11 12:36 by glmmr_twn.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 11, 2019 14:28

We all wish the best for a full complete recovery for Mick Jagger , but none of us know the exact details as well that is private as it should be . We all wish the tour has been rescheduled with new dates already booked but we don't know without official word from the Rolling Stones . There are a lot of assumptions and presumptions and it is all speculative , all at the same time very frustrating for us because schedules, time off from work , rebooking travel plans myself included as I was scheduled to attend 5 shows on this No Filter 2019 US Tour, all at the same time at a financial cost for us fans that we gladly pay with pride to see our favorite band -The Rolling Stones while human frailty and mortality crashed our party and brought us crashing back down to earth from our own "reality" or is Fantasy like the Earth Wind and Fire song . I am not trying to make light of this one bit at all as I was prepared to enjoy and participate in the 2016 Ole tour with a first time visit to Mexico City and Havana, Cuba , and then reality crashed into me with my accident in February 8, 2016 which required 3 surgeries and has left me with lifetime permanent damage , which also caused problems with my employment still being felt to this day and this is in quite a perilous status as of the beginning of this year .Now with Mick Jagger illness all of our plans have been thrown out of whack . I kick myself hard when I was not in the right frame of mind a year ago when I was offered very graciously a invitation to attend European shows on the 2018 tour and I was a complete 100% jerk about it and did not attend .Talk about major regret I have right now as life is so frail and we cannot miss a single opportunity because life is fickle and we may never get another opportunity as such to enjoy and enrich our lives with the wonderful sonic pleasures that no one else but the Rolling Stones can provide to us !I wish we were right on track but sometimes life has a way of getting into the mix . I am hoping for the best for Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones and also for all of us fans . Sending out my best well wishes to everyone !!!!!!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 14:51

Sorry, but when there is a major financial issue, and that is the case for a tour obviously, I still have a doubt about the communication...

Strangely, prudence always combines with positive communication: "everything is fine", "nothing to report"...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 11, 2019 15:17

TheGreek
We all wish the best for a full complete recovery for Mick Jagger , but none of us know the exact details as well that is private as it should be . We all wish the tour has been rescheduled with new dates already booked but we don't know without official word from the Rolling Stones . There are a lot of assumptions and presumptions and it is all speculative , all at the same time very frustrating for us because schedules, time off from work , rebooking travel plans myself included as I was scheduled to attend 5 shows on this No Filter 2019 US Tour, all at the same time at a financial cost for us fans that we gladly pay with pride to see our favorite band -The Rolling Stones while human frailty and mortality crashed our party and brought us crashing back down to earth from our own "reality" or is Fantasy like the Earth Wind and Fire song . I am not trying to make light of this one bit at all as I was prepared to enjoy and participate in the 2016 Ole tour with a first time visit to Mexico City and Havana, Cuba , and then reality crashed into me with my accident in February 8, 2016 which required 3 surgeries and has left me with lifetime permanent damage , which also caused problems with my employment still being felt to this day and this is in quite a perilous status as of the beginning of this year .Now with Mick Jagger illness all of our plans have been thrown out of whack . I kick myself hard when I was not in the right frame of mind a year ago when I was offered very graciously a invitation to attend European shows on the 2018 tour and I was a complete 100% jerk about it and did not attend .Talk about major regret I have right now as life is so frail and we cannot miss a single opportunity because life is fickle and we may never get another opportunity as such to enjoy and enrich our lives with the wonderful sonic pleasures that no one else but the Rolling Stones can provide to us !I wish we were right on track but sometimes life has a way of getting into the mix . I am hoping for the best for Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones and also for all of us fans . Sending out my best well wishes to everyone !!!!!!!

the best words friend! a giant hug from Buenos Aires!

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 11, 2019 15:33

powerage78
....I still have a doubt about the communication...

Remember that before the surgery it was stated publicly that Mick Jagger was "in perfectly good health", a status that I would not ascribe to somone who has problmes with his heart valve?

I really dohope that he will be able to lead a normal life as soon as possible but I have serious doubts that he will be able to do a stadium tour throughout the United States in the foreseeable future. Believe me, I know cardiac hospitals and rehab from inside....

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: April 11, 2019 16:33

Mick is no the issue. He will be ready by July but rebooking the same venues as Football season starts is tough....this tour will either be shortened to 1/2 the shows late summer/fall and the rest in early spring.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 11, 2019 16:53

makustone
TheGreek

the best words friend! a giant hug from Buenos Aires!
Thank You most kindly !

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 11, 2019 17:00

I am for sure. Mick will come back stronger. And he will be the entertainer, dancer and singer he has always been.

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: April 11, 2019 17:17

brucepv
I read somewhere the recovery time from the procedure is typically 3-5 days so he's probably been released and getting ready to start his rehab

My friend Bob who is in his mid 60's had the same surgery. It was 4 months before the Dr's gave him 100% clearance to do whatever he wanted. I will be shocked if they announce new dates for the summer/fall anytime soon. I just cant see the insurance company underwriting this tour that soon, with Mick not being 100% healed. We shall see.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 17:27

stonesriff
brucepv

My friend Bob who is in his mid 60's had the same surgery. It was 4 months before the Dr's gave him 100% clearance to do whatever he wanted. I will be shocked if they announce new dates for the summer/fall anytime soon. I just cant see the insurance company underwriting this tour that soon, with Mick not being 100% healed. We shall see.

That's what I think. His insurance premiums will go through the roof now. If he returns, it should be after a sensible recovery time and a bit more for a margin of safety. There is nothing more valuable to anyone in this World, rich or poor, than health.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 11, 2019 18:10

grzegorz67
stonesriff

That's what I think. His insurance premiums will go through the roof now. If he returns, it should be after a sensible recovery time and a bit more for a margin of safety. There is nothing more valuable to anyone in this World, rich or poor, than health.

Finally some voices of reason here, and totally in line with Chris Jagger's careful words, a message that only bv seemed to fully understand so far. If Mick returns to touring at all, I'd be surprised to hear new dates for the postponed tour any time soon.

Date: April 11, 2019 18:17

retired_dog
grzegorz67
stonesriff

Finally some voices of reason here, and totally in line with Chris Jagger's careful words, a message that only bv seemed to fully understand so far. If Mick returns to touring at all, I'd be surprised to hear new dates for the postponed tour any time soon.

Can they announce the cancellation of the tour then?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 11, 2019 18:22

WelshEdge1
retired_dog
grzegorz67
stonesriff

Can they announce the cancellation of the tour then?

They won't do that until there is NO chance of a tour. Once they announce a cancellation they need to refund the cash.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 11, 2019 18:30

saltoftheearth
powerage78
....I still have a doubt about the communication...

Remember that before the surgery it was stated publicly that Mick Jagger was "in perfectly good health", a status that I would not ascribe to somone who has problmes with his heart valve?

I really dohope that he will be able to lead a normal life as soon as possible but I have serious doubts that he will be able to do a stadium tour throughout the United States in the foreseeable future. Believe me, I know cardiac hospitals and rehab from inside....

It sure would be nice to see a video/news report of Mick out of the hospital...

Hope and pray that the man is OK.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: April 11, 2019 18:32

In my opinion, the Stones should retire. Mick, your health is more important than a band. If you're not 100% then just walk away. No harm in that. You've already proved what you wanted to prove. I think it's a selfish thing for us to discuss when the new tour will be rescheduled. Some things are more important than our own personal enjoyment. Retire from the road, enjoy your remaining days on earth with your family.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 11, 2019 18:51

Boognish
In my opinion, the Stones should retire. Mick, your health is more important than a band. If you're not 100% then just walk away. No harm in that. You've already proved what you wanted to prove. I think it's a selfish thing for us to discuss when the new tour will be rescheduled. Some things are more important than our own personal enjoyment. Retire from the road, enjoy your remaining days on earth with your family.

I guess MJ knows better himself what to do.
If he comes back on stage it is because he likes it.
Better than sitting in a rocking chair and being worried about life.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 11, 2019 18:53

I wouldn't bury him yet. I've had some fairly serious heart events and have recovered nicely - no, I don't exert like Mick does - and feel sure he will do the same.

Maybe not as much running around, but like some have said, who cares? Yes, maybe it's selfish, but I hope to see Mick performing soon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1272
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home