Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 10, 2019 00:03

TumblinDice76
makustone
TumblinDice76
That is a BIG window for the 2 Chicago shows! Bears are at home 8/11 and 8/29.

Do you think that you can do 2 nj and dps 2 chicago as before or how will the list now appear on ticketmaster?

I'd be happy to answer your question but I'm not sure what you are asking.

hahaha if you think you can do the 4 shows of New Jersey and Chicago consecutively as they were scheduled before.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 00:08

jumpontopofmebaby
JN99
jumpontopofmebaby

I may not be a Rocket Surgeon.....but I think the people that schedule tours for a living will probably be able to figure it out!

THIS

This what? I should have said Brain Scientist?

They'll be able to figure it out...

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 00:13

OK, gotcha! Depends on the dates. NJ is tough because both the NY Giants and NY Jets share a stadium. Looks like Giants are at home weeks 1 and 2 (Aug 8-12 and Aug 15 through 19th) So looks like the exact days haven't been determined for Giant's games. Jets are at home week 3 and 4 of pre season (Aug 22-25 and Aug 29-31) Looks like Aug is totally out for NJ. We will need to wait and see what the Stones decide for the start of the tour. To early to tell if you can attend both NJ and Chi shows. Chicago only has one team playing in Soldier and they left Mid August wide open. Scheduling NJ will be tricky and they may open the tour there now because of August on being booked by Giants and Jets but that is just a guess by me so take it for what it is. Hope this helped!

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 10, 2019 00:16

TheGreek
StonedInTokyo
Too many cancellations and postponementsover the past five years. I'm not suggesting they should disband BUT the time has come to do fewer engagements as opposed to these multi-month, nationwide, coast to coast tours. Not sustainable.
12 or 15 or 16 or 18 shows hardly qualifies as a multi month , nation wide tour. I thought so that the pre tour check up for the insurance was where Mick was diagnosed . So I guess that's a good thing (Martha Stewart )

Except this North American tour is (was) a multi-month nation wide tour.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 10, 2019 00:27

TumblinDice76
OK, gotcha! Depends on the dates. NJ is tough because both the NY Giants and NY Jets share a stadium. Looks like Giants are at home weeks 1 and 2 (Aug 8-12 and Aug 15 through 19th) So looks like the exact days haven't been determined for Giant's games. Jets are at home week 3 and 4 of pre season (Aug 22-25 and Aug 29-31) Looks like Aug is totally out for NJ. We will need to wait and see what the Stones decide for the start of the tour. To early to tell if you can attend both NJ and Chi shows. Chicago only has one team playing in Soldier and they left Mid August wide open. Scheduling NJ will be tricky and they may open the tour there now because of August on being booked by Giants and Jets but that is just a guess by me so take it for what it is. Hope this helped!

Thanks!

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: April 10, 2019 00:36

NFL Preseason Schedule:

[www.nfl.com]

The regular season dates have been announced over the last 10 years from April 6 to April 23.

Of course we do not know when it is expected they can start touring yet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-10 00:41 by coloradocanyons.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 10, 2019 00:41

onedInTokyo
‘Too many cancellations and postponementsover the past five years’

No way. Not compared to other bands. Cheap shot.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 00:43

TumblinDice76

I hope they open the tour in NJ!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 01:32

WelshEdge1
TumblinDice76

I hope they open the tour in NJ!

Even with both Giants and Jets preseason, there are plenty of open days to play Metlife. Remember, Springsteen played Metlife August 23, 25 and 30, 2016.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 01:41

Who says they have to play all 16 shows?

With Jazz Fest not possible, why not decrease the remaining 16 shows down to 12-14? Glendale and Jacksonville were the two slowest selling shows of the tour before the postponement.

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: April 10, 2019 01:43

Jeter1984
Who says they have to play all 16 shows?

With Jazz Fest not possible, why not decrease the remaining 16 shows down to 12-14? Glendale and Jacksonville were the two slowest selling shows of the tour before the postponement.

$$$$

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 10, 2019 01:55

There will inevitably be a lot of returned tickets when the rescheduled dates come out. It's unlikely I can make all the shows I have tickets for as I am on holiday most of July.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 10, 2019 02:24

There's a minimum of 8 gigs required, and ironically, they're the ones I have tix for...

smoking smiley

Date: April 10, 2019 02:30

Seriously, though, I'm hoping for the best, with no delusions that I can make all the shows happen that I bought tix for...

While I had the tickets already bought at the start of the year, then I arranged my vacation days where needed to make it all happen. Now, all my 8 or 9 co-workers from our crew took the days they wanted throughout the year, and I have to hope there are some left over if I need time off for a particular show when rescheduled...

One wild card... we have a plant shutdown the last week of July and first week of August, so I have my fingers crossed that I can make quite a few shows!

Patience is the key again, and here's to a healthy recovery for Mick!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 10, 2019 02:41

ignoring the rumors from the UK that we wait til next spring........

how long does it take to strengthen your heart after this operation? have to imagine walking around the block would be a lot the week after the procedure. any chance the tour contract would be re-written for a fall arena tour? i know they wanted to make $10 million a show this summer but maybe plans have to take into account a new reality. really liked the dates for this tour but we're gonna have to wait til mick is back to 100% and then plans can be made.

Date: April 10, 2019 02:45

So far I haven't returned any of my tickets for the 6 shows I have now, but I'm probably going to end up canceling 3 and possibly replacing them with 1 or 2 others depending on the dates. I'm already out about $700 for cancelation fees, lost flights and prepaids. Not sure what will happen yet so I'm holding on to the tickets for now. They should be giving us a clue soon, as to whether its going to be this year or next.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 10, 2019 03:15

BitchKeepsBitchin
So far I haven't returned any of my tickets for the 6 shows I have now, but I'm probably going to end up canceling 3 and possibly replacing them with 1 or 2 others depending on the dates. I'm already out about $700 for cancelation fees, lost flights and prepaids. Not sure what will happen yet so I'm holding on to the tickets for now. They should be giving us a clue soon, as to whether its going to be this year or next.

In a similar boat, Bitch (sorry, always wanted to abbr the name cool smiley)

Have all lucky dips for six shows (bought reg tix for Glendale recently) and am holding on to them all although depending on/if new dates will probably switch out a couple shows. Small thing, but it will be interesting to see if they issue LD's again for these or how they handle returns.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 10, 2019 03:25

TheGreek
OneHourPhoto
IanBillen
OneHourPhoto
IanBillen
tumbled
I repeat. I do not want Mick to tour anymore. Its too much stress on him. Money ain't everything. I don't need another piece of Mick. Take care Mick!!!

If it was too much stress or ill advised.. his doctors would of told him so and
so would the physicians who clear him for these tours. Their prognosis is that
he can continue as he had before .. these are from the best doctors .. these are
not average cardiologists and general physicians. These are the best of the best.

They would know if it was risky. They gave no indication of that .. in fact.. they say he will be better off than well before his surgery and the heart valve
likely occurred because it is hereditary ..not due to physical stress or lifestyle (his father Joe died of this ... at 90).

So .. lets go with what the experts in this say. The tours Mick is doing is nothing like it was even 20 years ago. 15-20 shows with ample rest and the finest logistics schedule money can buy is still quite doable (at least for the next 3-5 five years I'm guessing).

Ian

His doctors and surgeons have specifically spoke about the surgery and recovery??

Granted there has been a lot of articles, but i don't recall this in the ones that I read.

Spokes person for the band said it. As well .. the tour is being rescheduled fairly soon. The mere fact that the tour is being rescheduled this soon is all the proof anyone needs to the fact that he is getting cleared. They don't clear him when it is risky.

A full recovery' .. is the term that was used.

So no doctor was quoted as I thought and you "mispoke".

Also you seem to not understand PR-101 speak from a spokesperson.

While the spokesperson comment is just throwaway cookie-cutter PR lingo, I think it was EXPECTED to make a full recovery. One word changes your attempt again to create something that is not there,,
I will await news of the rescheduled dates as I am not a believer in PR-101 speak . No disrespect intended but cardiac surgery is pretty serious and I believe the reports are great along with his prognosis to make a full recovery BUT ? I will await official word of the rescheduled dates .

Sensible. Agree.

But why do I keep reading the endless speculation here? Obsessed. Was it Andrew Loog Oldham who said "the Rolling Stones are not a band, they are a way of life."? And I want to keep living!

plexi

Date: April 10, 2019 03:26

I'm hanging onto all my seats, too, until a concrete announcement is made regarding rescheduled dates...

Probably have to give up on the return to Pasadena, and Glendale, which I had arranged also... my buddy and his wife in LA may be moving to Chicago around June, although I still have a bud in Vegas. As it stands, my flight into LAX for May 6th is the only other money I stand to lose, so I'm off to LA and Vegas between the 6th and 13th.

It'll be a blast, but a letdown, too...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 10, 2019 03:37

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
Woz
> Also remember the preseason games are just like regular season...sometimes at home and sometimes away....also we hold KC Chiefs Season Tickets and at least one of their preseason games in on a Thursday every year. And once in a while a Monday. Leaving the weekends wide open. Which again makes it even easier.<

A weekend show requires 4 days. Two days of set up, one for the show, and one to tear down. This is why Football games complicate things.

I agree...but we are talking for the most part 1 show per city . 4 days. The stadiums are wide open. Add a preseason game ...you have taken away one day in a whole week.

There are not that many preseason games period. 2 or 3. Home and away.

So instead of 25 empty dates you now only have 22 to find a 4 day slot.

I still say the dates are already secure. Just waiting on Mick to get a clean bill of health to make them public.

They do not block 1 day for an NFL game. There are typically blocking at least a few days before to ensure any damage to the playing surface has been repaired. Postponements due to weather are not possible more than one day and those days are also blocked from other events. These are NFL stadiums first and foremost and the league will not risk the cancellation of a game preseason or regular season for a concert even if its the Rolling Stones. These slots also have to line up for travel between cities to minimize travel. Do you really think dates that would allow Pasadena, Miami and Denver back to back is reasonable? They may figure it out or they may not but this is not a simple exercise since they are locked into venues and some degree of a logical tour order.

Simple exercise yes. What they do for a living. I about had it done on my lunch hour at work!!

And no they will not do Pasadena / Miami / Denver back to back to back.

Not sure where you got that from but that's not very good planning!

What is now on Ticketmaster kinda works / flows. And if that's the way it shakes out when the new dates are released then I still say they are already done.

Got that from your logic of looking at an empty public schedule and a conclusion that booking the tour is easy. The people doing the tour booking are likely pulling their hair out trying to make it work with the requirements such as every 4 days, minimizing travel and working around a tight window in regards to weather. What is on TM may flow but it has no bearing on schedules at the various venues and other requirements such as Santa Clara needing to be a Fri or Sat or show ends by 10 PM, Denver and Chicago being no later than early September due to risk of bad weather and Miami and Houston ideally not being in August due to hurricane risk (remember insurance companies involved as well). I am not saying it can't be done but I am saying this isn't as trivial as you seem to believe. There was a reason why they booked football stadiums in late spring and early summer.

Date: April 10, 2019 04:16

Endless speculation here? Nah, never! We are all obsessed over this topic and it is a lot to deal with, for many different reasons all around. MICK needs our patience and support, and he has that from his true fans, but I doubt we will ever stop the endless speculation of band members.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 10, 2019 04:22

Curious as I don't recall ever being in this situation of holding on to postponed Rolling Stones tix with no dates...
While they may be issuing refunds now, once (and if) the shows are rescheduled officially will refunds still be an option? I assume they will be, but haven't read any concrete info about it and they could pull a "rain or shine".
There's no doubt I'll be at any rescheduled Pasadena show with my regular priced tix come hell or high water should it happen, but Lucky Dips for Glendale and Santa Clara are sort of hanging in the balance.
Because they're inexpensive Lucky Dips though, and if it ends up they are nonrefundable, it wouldnt be a major loss if I couldn't make the latter two. And there's always the possibility I could sell/transfer them to someone elses name which I believe some have already done - even prior to the postponement. Dread the thought of giving up my Lucky Dips though, and will do my best to make Glendale & Santa Clara, but sometimes sh*t happens.

Yes I know, these "worries" are small potatoes compared to the situation others may be in - not to mention the serious situation with Mick - so............GET WELL MICK!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 10, 2019 04:50

Once the dates are rescheduled there will be a window to return tickets. TM actually pretty good about it. This happened when Clapton postponed his LA shows a few years ago. I had 6 tickets for each I had bought for friends. I has able to return 5 for one day and return 4 and upgrade 2 for the other day. I am waiting to see and will likely return either my 2 NJ shows or 1 Sea show since I won't be able to do both.

Date: April 10, 2019 05:05

I put in a phone call and was told similar info as what daspy posted.
Was also informed ALL tickets would be honored at rescheduled dates if they happen, including LD's, and they were fully refundable if I can't make the new dates. Called because I wanted to make sure the tix I bought after the postponement (Glendale) would be refundable if the date doesn't work and that also was a confident yes.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 10, 2019 05:14

Good to know daspy as I wasn't sure about that, but thought that might be the case.

Also wondering about buying tix post-postponement before date is reschduled, and if they will also be refundable if the date doesn't work.
Was sort of thinking about Seattle as a possibility, but not clear on the situation. Seems if you buy now, you might be committed to a rescheduled date as you are aware of the situation.

Under event info. on Ticketmaster it states: "There are no refunds or exchanges" followed by:
"This event has been postponed - new date TBD. Refunds at point of purchase only. Tickets already purchased will remain valid for new date once confirmed",
but it doesn't address the question if you buy them today will they be refundeable if the date doesn't work for you.

As of right now Seattle is still slim pickin's, so probably best to hold out as there should be many tickets thrown back in to the pile if and when it's rescheduled.
But in the case of Glendale, there were some cheapies that immediately became available after postponement as was pointed out in the Glendale thread, so was thinking something similar might happen for other shows.

-------------------------

EDIT - OK just saw your post now MisterDDDD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-10 05:20 by Hairball.

Date: April 10, 2019 05:45

Definitely presents a unique, and ultimately if they reschedule, I would say enviable position to be in as a fan for this tour.

A chance to change your mind on locations, tickets, hotels etc., including buying prior to the rescheduled announcement, as I did, and still change your mind again on that show if it ultimately doesn't work. Don't believe it's ever happened with the band before, except for perhaps a few shows.

Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: April 10, 2019 06:28

I Like Butterscotch Ice Cream. It's The BesT.. Just trying to stay relevant eh.The Universe will unfold as it Always will. and The Rolling Stones will Do what they always Do.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 10, 2019 08:24

Start tour in Seattle.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 10, 2019 10:03

babyblue
Start tour in Seattle.

What date?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 10, 2019 10:54

The level of speculation here is about on a par with the 'new album thread'. Thank goodness that one has gone quiet.
Wishes/Dreams/Hopes/Fears etc etc.

Why not just wait for the official announcement to come...maybe soon or maybe not till next year. Nobody knows. I'm sure Mick doesn't know either.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2130
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home