Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:31

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue
If they can't get all venues rescheduled why not do half this summer and half next year.

Just pick 2 of the stadiums they are playing at. Look at their schedule.

THERE WILL BE ZERO PROBLEM GETTING A DATE AT ANY AND ALL OF THESE STADIUMS PERIOD.

AND I WOULD BET THE DATES ARE ALREADY SET AND WE ARE JUST WAITING ON MICK TO GET THE BLESSING FROM HIS DOCTOR THAT HE IS GOOD TO GO. ONCE MICK IS CLEARED THE DATES THAT ARE ALREADY SET WILL BE MADE PUBLIC.

AND IT WILL NOT BE TOO HOT AT ANY OF THE LOCATIONS.

And of course this is all just my opinion. WTFDIK

But I would be willing to bet on it. Period!

How much do you want to bet? If you think all shows can easily be rescheduled I will take it.

$100 Skins...excluding Canada and N.O.

I don't think it is easy....but I do think all the stadiums have open dates that will work. And if ticketmaster's new order is anywhere close. The dates were already set before the announcement that it would be postponed.

I don't think we are waiting for them to secure new dates. I think the dates are set.

We are waiting for Mick to get the green light from the doctor. Once he is cleared. The dates will be announced.

Per the Solider Field Events calendar looks like July and August are pretty much wide open...Just have to dodge NFL that wont start until mid August and then maybe 2 or 3 preseason games.

So looks like Chicago was not "TOO TOUGH"

Mile High Stadium Denver.....being used 4 days in July and 2 in August..........next

Houston NRG Stadium .....being used 10 days in July and 7 days in August

I may not be a Rocket Surgeon.....but I think the people that schedule tours for a living will probably be able to figure it out!

State Farm Stadium Glendale AZ......Being used July 2nd nothing the rest of the month and zero in August.

$100 Skins! Like taking candy from a baby!

Are you saying NFL pre-season games have been cancelled or are you just ignorant to the realities of these venues?

All games have been postponed. Mass hearth-surgery is happening. Has become a mania. "Surgeries like Jagger" by Maroon 5. A Jagger inspired movement....

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:34

mtaylor
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue
If they can't get all venues rescheduled why not do half this summer and half next year.

THERE WILL BE ZERO PROBLEM GETTING A DATE AT ANY AND ALL OF THESE STADIUMS PERIOD.

AND I WOULD BET THE DATES ARE ALREADY SET AND WE ARE JUST WAITING ON MICK TO GET THE BLESSING FROM HIS DOCTOR THAT HE IS GOOD TO GO. ONCE MICK IS CLEARED THE DATES THAT ARE ALREADY SET WILL BE MADE PUBLIC.

How much do you want to bet? If you think all shows can easily be rescheduled I will take it.

I don't think it is easy....but I do think all the stadiums have open dates that will work. And if ticketmaster's new order is anywhere close. The dates were already set before the announcement that it would be postponed.

I don't think we are waiting for them to secure new dates. I think the dates are set.

We are waiting for Mick to get the green light from the doctor. Once he is cleared. The dates will be announced.

Per the Solider Field Events calendar looks like July and August are pretty much wide open...Just have to dodge NFL that wont start until mid August and then maybe 2 or 3 preseason games.

Mile High Stadium Denver.....being used 4 days in July and 2 in August..........next

I may not be a Rocket Surgeon.....but I think the people that schedule tours for a living will probably be able to figure it out!

State Farm Stadium Glendale AZ......Being used July 2nd nothing the rest of the month and zero in August.

Are you saying NFL pre-season games have been cancelled or are you just ignorant to the realities of these venues?

All games have been postponed. Mass hearth-surgery is happening. Has become a mania. "Surgeries like Jagger" by Maroon 5. A Jagger inspired movement....

Stupid

Date: April 9, 2019 20:35

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

Preseason Games start mid August each team will have 2 or 3. No big deal. The stadium schedules I looked at have 20 plus days each month not being used.

The reality of the Venues / Stadiums is they are rarely used. Simple to find an open date.

Rescheduling the dates is actually much easier than what I thought it would be after checking the schedules.

I do not take credit cards or check....cash only!

Thank you in advance

Also remember the preseason games are just like regular season...sometimes at home and sometimes away....also we hold KC Chiefs Season Tickets and at least one of their preseason games in on a Thursday every year. And once in a while a Monday. Leaving the weekends wide open. Which again makes it even easier.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:36

reg thorpe
mtaylor
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

Stupid
Just like the rest of the conversation right now.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:38

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

Preseason Games start mid August each team will have 2 or 3. No big deal. The stadium schedules I looked at have 20 plus days each month not being used.

The reality of the Venues / Stadiums is they are rarely used. Simple to find an open date.

Rescheduling the dates is actually much easier than what I thought it would be after checking the schedules.

I do not take credit cards or check....cash only!

Thank you in advance

So you already know the stadium schedules for the NFL. Impressive. The Stones can roll in the day before or day after an NFL game to do a show I suppose. Since you have rescheduled the tour you might want to let BV know so he can post it here.

Date: April 9, 2019 20:38

I make so much money...but I spend it so fast!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:39

> Also remember the preseason games are just like regular season...sometimes at home and sometimes away....also we hold KC Chiefs Season Tickets and at least one of their preseason games in on a Thursday every year. And once in a while a Monday. Leaving the weekends wide open. Which again makes it even easier.<

A weekend show requires 4 days. Two days of set up, one for the show, and one to tear down. This is why Football games complicate things. So your KC Chiefs example would make Arrowhead Stadium unavailable for a week that the Chiefs are at home. There are four pre-season games, last year started August 9.

All I am saying is it's more complicated than looking at the stadium calendars that are published today.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 20:43 by Woz.

Date: April 9, 2019 20:44

Woz
> Also remember the preseason games are just like regular season...sometimes at home and sometimes away....also we hold KC Chiefs Season Tickets and at least one of their preseason games in on a Thursday every year. And once in a while a Monday. Leaving the weekends wide open. Which again makes it even easier.<

A weekend show requires 4 days. Two days of set up, one for the show, and one to tear down. This is why Football games complicate things.

I agree...but we are talking for the most part 1 show per city . 4 days. The stadiums are wide open. Add a preseason game ...you have taken away one day in a whole week.

There are not that many preseason games period. 2 or 3. Home and away.

So instead of 25 empty dates you now only have 22 to find a 4 day slot.

I still say the dates are already secure. Just waiting on Mick to get a clean bill of health to make them public.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:46

Woz
All I am saying is it's more complicated than looking at the stadium calendars that are published today.

Kudos ,

just relax time will tell.

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Date: April 9, 2019 20:48

All I am saying is stop ....THE DOOM AND GLOOM....if Mick is healthy it will happen. There will be dates available.

Tours...many of them ...many bands...even the Stones have toured in Sept, Oct and November in stadiums in the US during football season.

Gezzzzz iceeeee

Date: April 9, 2019 21:20

jumpontopofmebaby
Woz

A weekend show requires 4 days. Two days of set up, one for the show, and one to tear down. This is why Football games complicate things.

I agree...but we are talking for the most part 1 show per city . 4 days. The stadiums are wide open. Add a preseason game ...you have taken away one day in a whole week.

I still say the dates are already secure. Just waiting on Mick to get a clean bill of health to make them public.

They do not block 1 day for an NFL game. There are typically blocking at least a few days before to ensure any damage to the playing surface has been repaired. Postponements due to weather are not possible more than one day and those days are also blocked from other events. These are NFL stadiums first and foremost and the league will not risk the cancellation of a game preseason or regular season for a concert even if its the Rolling Stones. These slots also have to line up for travel between cities to minimize travel. Do you really think dates that would allow Pasadena, Miami and Denver back to back is reasonable? They may figure it out or they may not but this is not a simple exercise since they are locked into venues and some degree of a logical tour order.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 9, 2019 21:36

daspyknows
They do not block 1 day for an NFL game. There are typically blocking at least a few days before to ensure any damage to the playing surface has been repaired.

Indeed. Field maintenance is a top priority for the NFL, per the "certification process" outlined here:

[operations.nfl.com]

Date: April 9, 2019 21:57

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
Woz

They do not block 1 day for an NFL game. There are typically blocking at least a few days before to ensure any damage to the playing surface has been repaired. Postponements due to weather are not possible more than one day and those days are also blocked from other events. These are NFL stadiums first and foremost and the league will not risk the cancellation of a game preseason or regular season for a concert even if its the Rolling Stones. These slots also have to line up for travel between cities to minimize travel. Do you really think dates that would allow Pasadena, Miami and Denver back to back is reasonable? They may figure it out or they may not but this is not a simple exercise since they are locked into venues and some degree of a logical tour order.

Simple exercise yes. What they do for a living. I about had it done on my lunch hour at work!!

And no they will not do Pasadena / Miami / Denver back to back to back.

Not sure where you got that from but that's not very good planning!

What is now on Ticketmaster kinda works / flows. And if that's the way it shakes out when the new dates are released then I still say they are already done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 22:35 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Nsantoro ()
Date: April 9, 2019 22:01

See preseason schedule
[www.nfl.com]

Date: April 9, 2019 22:02

Jah Paul
daspyknows
They do not block 1 day for an NFL game. There are typically blocking at least a few days before to ensure any damage to the playing surface has been repaired.

Indeed. Field maintenance is a top priority for the NFL, per the "certification process" outlined here:

[operations.nfl.com]

Thx. Based on the certification it means the Stones would need to have vacated 4 days beforehand and the NFL typically ensures the venue is available the day after (at least for outdoor venues) in the event weather causes a postponement.

The NFL preseason schedule was just announced so clarity on a potential schedule should come into focus soon if that is the plan.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 22:35

That is a BIG window for the 2 Chicago shows! Bears are at home 8/11 and 8/29.

Date: April 9, 2019 22:38

TumblinDice76

And per their Website Calendar no other events scheduled in August

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: April 9, 2019 22:41

Anybody ready to predict the date for the start of the rescheduled tour?

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 9, 2019 22:42

if Robert Kraft can schedule a rub and tug in the morning at a shop in Jupiter Fl and then be in KC on the same day as the AFC championship, surely he can figure out how to fit the stones in between two pre season games at Gillette.

Date: April 9, 2019 22:43

brucepv

July 19th or 20th - with 2 less stops done in 8 weeks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 22:46 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: April 9, 2019 22:50

jumpontopofmebaby
brucepv

I'm picking an earlier start July 5 or 6

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 9, 2019 22:59

TumblinDice76

Do you think that you can do 2 nj and dps 2 chicago as before or how will the list now appear on ticketmaster?

Date: April 9, 2019 23:00

brucepv
jumpontopofmebaby
brucepv

If you are right that makes the whole NFL Schedule was less of an issue.

How long do the Stones usually rehearse?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 9, 2019 23:09

brucepv

I agree, especially after glancing at the NFL pre-season schedule.
First glance, it looks like TM's rough draft may be in the ballpark, but definitely a logistical nightmare as the games all get under way. Dependent on Mick's recovery, the sooner the start the better.

No doom and gloom, but it will take some work to pull this one off, but no doubt it can get done with some revising and perhaps a date or two dropped, scaling it back to the more standard 14 shows.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 23:13

jumpontopofmebaby
brucepv
jumpontopofmebaby
brucepv

2, 3 weeks?

Date: April 9, 2019 23:22

jumpontopofmebaby
brucepv
jumpontopofmebaby
brucepv

If you are right that makes the whole NFL Schedule was less of an issue.

I think they usually run 2 weeks

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 23:38

jumpontopofmebaby

THIS

Date: April 9, 2019 23:47

JN99
jumpontopofmebaby

THIS

This what? I should have said Brain Scientist?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 9, 2019 23:49

In addition to all the monies involved, for all concerned, I think the biggest reason this tour will go as (re)planned, is Mick.

Last thing he wants is more people and press speculating on his condition etc. Even though it may be scheduling that derails it, I'm sure he's anxious to put all the concern about his medical issues behind him to squelch the talk, and silence the critics.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 23:51

makustone
TumblinDice76

Do you think that you can do 2 nj and dps 2 chicago as before or how will the list now appear on ticketmaster?

I'd be happy to answer your question but I'm not sure what you are asking.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home