Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 9, 2019 13:02

OneHourPhoto
IanBillen
OneHourPhoto
IanBillen
tumbled
I repeat. I do not want Mick to tour anymore. Its too much stress on him. Money ain't everything. I don't need another piece of Mick. Take care Mick!!!

If it was too much stress or ill advised.. his doctors would of told him so and
so would the physicians who clear him for these tours. Their prognosis is that
he can continue as he had before .. these are from the best doctors .. these are
not average cardiologists and general physicians. These are the best of the best.

They would know if it was risky. They gave no indication of that .. in fact.. they say he will be better off than well before his surgery and the heart valve
likely occurred because it is hereditary ..not due to physical stress or lifestyle (his father Joe died of this ... at 90).

So .. lets go with what the experts in this say. The tours Mick is doing is nothing like it was even 20 years ago. 15-20 shows with ample rest and the finest logistics schedule money can buy is still quite doable (at least for the next 3-5 five years I'm guessing).

Ian

His doctors and surgeons have specifically spoke about the surgery and recovery??

Granted there has been a lot of articles, but i don't recall this in the ones that I read.

Spokes person for the band said it. As well .. the tour is being rescheduled fairly soon. The mere fact that the tour is being rescheduled this soon is all the proof anyone needs to the fact that he is getting cleared. They don't clear him when it is risky.

A full recovery' .. is the term that was used.

So no doctor was quoted as I thought and you "mispoke".

Also you seem to not understand PR-101 speak from a spokesperson.

While the spokesperson comment is just throwaway cookie-cutter PR lingo, I think it was EXPECTED to make a full recovery. One word changes your attempt again to create something that is not there,,
I will await news of the rescheduled dates as I am not a believer in PR-101 speak . No disrespect intended but cardiac surgery is pretty serious and I believe the reports are great along with his prognosis to make a full recovery BUT ? I will await official word of the rescheduled dates .

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 13:10

TheGreek
trevormcmullin
I feel bad for the Jazz Fest organizers, they can't seem to Catch a break. I recall reading an interview with the head organizer of the New Orleans Jazz Fest, he worked hard to secure The Stones, only for them to cancel due to Mick's illness, now Fleetwood Mac has canceled, its a shame. It's the festival's 50th anniversary as well, I Really hope the Stones tour starts in July and they manage to book a show in New Orleans in another capacity.
Why did Fleetwood Mac cancel ?

They say Stevie Nicks is unwell.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 9, 2019 13:37

WelshEdge1
“Despite his heart operation, Mick Jagger could be jumpin’ in a flash“

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

It’s behind a paywall but it is interesting.

“The Rolling Stones frontman is likely to be much healthier than he was before the operation.

“So when will Jagger be fit enough to return to the stage? Put it this way, any rescheduling is likely to be limited by the availability of the venues rather than anything to do with his new valve.”

Thanks for this.
Didn't get by the paywall, appreciate the quotes.

"much healthier than before" This is what I believe to be true.
Amazing how non-invasive a procedure like this has become.

So glad it was caught during this pre-tour's exam.
Makes me wonder about the thoroughness and consistency in regards to the routine exams though. Like whether they see their own physicians or one assigned by the insurance company or ? Speculating about last years UK leg vs this one and whether the valve issue was one that showed no signs and deteriorated fairly quickly or ?? Important thing is it was caught before it caused a major event, but it does make me curious about the process.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 13:54

MisterDDDD
WelshEdge1

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

“The Rolling Stones frontman is likely to be much healthier than he was before the operation.

“So when will Jagger be fit enough to return to the stage? Put it this way, any rescheduling is likely to be limited by the availability of the venues rather than anything to do with his new valve.”

Thanks for this.

Makes me wonder about the thoroughness and consistency in regards to the routine exams though. Like whether they see their own physicians or one assigned by the insurance company or ? Speculating about last years UK leg vs this one and whether the valve issue was one that showed no signs and deteriorated fairly quickly or ?? Important thing is it was caught before it caused a major event, but it does make me curious about the process.

I am guessing that during rehearsals he experienced some symptoms.

“Jagger appears to have been diagnosed early and the outlook should be excellent. Indeed, like most patients undergoing cardiac surgery, far from being fragile, the Rolling Stones frontman is likely to be much healthier than he was before the operation. Little wonder he seems so keen to get back on the road with his band this summer.”

The article goes on to talk about how even open heart surgery doesn’t hold people back. It adds that The Explorer Ranulph Fiennes who had open heart surgery for a double bypass when he was 60 and five months later did 7 marathons in 7 days on 7 continents.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 9, 2019 14:10

grzegorz67

Her agreeing to tour without Lindsay Buckingham proved that.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 9, 2019 14:26

Spud
I don't get where folks have a problem with this.

Too many cancellations and postponements over the past five years. I'm not suggesting they should disband BUT the time has come to do fewer engagements as opposed to these multi-month, nationwide, coast to coast tours. Not sustainable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-10 00:12 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 14:33

StonedInTokyo
grzegorz67

Her actively seeking to tour without Lindsay Buckingham proved that !

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 9, 2019 14:42

StonedInTokyo
Spud

Too many cancellations and postponementsover the past five years. I'm not suggesting they should disband BUT the time has come to do fewer engagements as opposed to these multi-month, nationwide, coast to coast tours. Not sustainable.

Not sure what constitutes "too many cancellations/postponements" but there haven't been many until now that could be in any substantial way attributed to anybody's age.

[Some historically you could argue were indirectly due to irresponsible stupidity...but that's another issue ...and I suppose you could potentially fall off a seat and bump your head even if you were sober at the time winking smiley ]

And the tours have been sensibly paired back to shorter runs of less compacted shows than the huge world tours of old .

If they need to reduce the workload further, I'm sure they have the wisdom within the band and its associates to make the right decisions.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 9, 2019 15:06

WelshEdge1
MisterDDDD
WelshEdge1

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Thanks for this.

I am guessing that during rehearsals he experienced some symptoms.

“Jagger appears to have been diagnosed early and the outlook should be excellent. Indeed, like most patients undergoing cardiac surgery, far from being fragile, the Rolling Stones frontman is likely to be much healthier than he was before the operation. Little wonder he seems so keen to get back on the road with his band this summer.”

The article goes on to talk about how even open heart surgery doesn’t hold people back. It adds that The Explorer Ranulph Fiennes who had open heart surgery for a double bypass when he was 60 and five months later did 7 marathons in 7 days on 7 continents.

He might not have had an insurance company covering up for +100 million USD if something went wrong. Most likely, MJ can do the concerts.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 9, 2019 15:35

If they can't get all venues rescheduled why not do half this summer and half next year.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 9, 2019 16:02

WelshEdge1

...The article goes on to talk about how even open heart surgery doesn’t hold people back. It adds that The Explorer Ranulph Fiennes who had open heart surgery for a double bypass when he was 60 and five months later did 7 marathons in 7 days on 7 continents.

But Sir Ranulph has always been what we might affectionately call "one mad b*stard"

Date: April 9, 2019 17:31

babyblue
If they can't get all venues rescheduled why not do half this summer and half next year.

Just pick 2 of the stadiums they are playing at. Look at their schedule.

THERE WILL BE ZERO PROBLEM GETTING A DATE AT ANY AND ALL OF THESE STADIUMS PERIOD.

AND I WOULD BET THE DATES ARE ALREADY SET AND WE ARE JUST WAITING ON MICK TO GET THE BLESSING FROM HIS DOCTOR THAT HE IS GOOD TO GO. ONCE MICK IS CLEARED THE DATES THAT ARE ALREADY SET WILL BE MADE PUBLIC.

AND IT WILL NOT BE TOO HOT AT ANY OF THE LOCATIONS.

And of course this is all just my opinion. WTFDIK

But I would be willing to bet on it. Period!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 19:54 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 9, 2019 17:34

If you buy a ticket for a show where the band members are average age 75 years old or so, you should be prepared for may be some changes at times. Most people who go to the shows live in the same city where the show is, or nearby. Rather than going to the show as scheduled, they will take another bus, tram, train or car three months or so later. Sure I know many like myself spend a fortune on flights, hotels, time off work and all of that, but that is something we do on our own account, based on our addiction and love of the band.

When they announced the postponement on Saturday March 30, which is now nine - 9 - days ago, they said "existing tickets will be valid for the rescheduled dates, which will be announced shortly".

"Shortly" may be painfully long of course, but in my mind, and also according to Billboard, "shortly" means two weeks or so. They are working on quite a puzzle. Hopefully we will know more soon, i.e. within a week or so from now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 17:53

bv
If you buy a ticket for a show where the band members are average age 75 years old or so, you should be prepared for may be some changes at times. Most people who go to the shows live in the same city where the show is, or nearby. Rather than going to the show as scheduled, they will take another bus, tram, train or car three months or so later. Sure I know many like myself spend a fortune on flights, hotels, time off work and all of that, but that is something we do on our own account, based on our addiction and love of the band.

When they announced the postponement on Saturday March 30, which is now nine - 9 - days ago, they said "existing tickets will be valid for the rescheduled dates, which will be announced shortly".

"Shortly" may be painfully long of course, but in my mind, and also according to Billboard, "shortly" means two weeks or so. They are working on quite a puzzle. Hopefully we will know more soon, i.e. within a week or so from now.

I have resisted chiming in on the whole matter. But I'll add my 2 cents.

When I last saw the Stones 4th of July 2015 I realized 2 things-1) I would never pass on a Stones show within driving distance ever again. 2) If the boys never made it back to the US, I saw a great show to be my "last".

As BV says about artists over 75-When I bought Tix for Chicago night 1, I couldn't help but think there was a chance the show wouldn't happen. When listening to San Jose '99 Mick clearly apologizes to the crowd between Bitch and You Got Me Rocking for making the crowd wait while he got his back worked on. That always echoed in my head.

The good news is, currently the show is "postponed" and not "cancelled". I like everyone else is a bit disappointed and will have to juggle schedules but seeing the Stones live again is worth it. 9 days is not a very long wait to hear any new news on the rescheduling.

Things that have changed since the postponement news-1) I will never complain about setlists again. I'm just grateful they are still playing. 2) When I do get to see them in Chicago, I will enjoy every second of it and not just the concert. The whole entire experience of sharing the day with other fans young and old.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 9, 2019 18:09

jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

THERE WILL BE ZERO PROBLEM GETTING A DATE AND ANY AND ALL OF THESE STADIUMS PERIOD.

AND I WOULD BET THE DATES ARE ALREADY SET AND WE ARE JUST WAITING ON MICK TO GET THE BLESSING FROM HIS DOCTOR THAT HE IS GOOD TO GO. ONCE MICK IS CLEARED THE DATES THAT ARE ALREADY SET WILL BE MADE PUBLIC.

How much do you want to bet? If you think all shows can easily be rescheduled I will take it.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 9, 2019 18:15

TumblinDice76
bv

When I last saw the Stones 4th of July 2015 I realized 2 things-1) I would never pass on a Stones show within driving distance ever again. 2) If the boys never made it back to the US, I saw a great show to be my "last".

As BV says about artists over 75-When I bought Tix for Chicago night 1, I couldn't help but think there was a chance the show wouldn't happen. When listening to San Jose '99 Mick clearly apologizes to the crowd between Bitch and You Got Me Rocking for making the crowd wait while he got his back worked on. That always echoed in my head.

The good news is, currently the show is "postponed" and not "cancelled". I like everyone else is a bit disappointed and will have to juggle schedules but seeing the Stones live again is worth it. 9 days is not a very long wait to hear any new news on the rescheduling.

Things that have changed since the postponement news-1) I will never complain about setlists again. I'm just grateful they are still playing. 2) When I do get to see them in Chicago, I will enjoy every second of it and not just the concert. The whole entire experience of sharing the day with other fans young and old.

Amen, TumblinDice76! I'll be in Chicago myself. thumbs up

Date: April 9, 2019 18:17

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

THERE WILL BE ZERO PROBLEM GETTING A DATE AT ANY AND ALL OF THESE STADIUMS PERIOD.

How much do you want to bet? If you think all shows can easily be rescheduled I will take it.

$100 Skins...excluding Canada and N.O.

I don't think it is easy....but I do think all the stadiums have open dates that will work. And if ticketmaster's new order is anywhere close. The dates were already set before the announcement that it would be postponed.

I don't think we are waiting for them to secure new dates. I think the dates are set.

We are waiting for Mick to get the green light from the doctor. Once he is cleared. The dates will be announced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 19:54 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: April 9, 2019 18:31

grzegorz67
TheGreek
trevormcmullin
I feel bad for the Jazz Fest organizers, they can't seem to Catch a break. I recall reading an interview with the head organizer of the New Orleans Jazz Fest, he worked hard to secure The Stones, only for them to cancel due to Mick's illness, now Fleetwood Mac has canceled, its a shame. It's the festival's 50th anniversary as well, I Really hope the Stones tour starts in July and they manage to book a show in New Orleans in another capacity.
Why did Fleetwood Mac cancel ?

I heard that today and I am saddened to hear about her illness as well !

Date: April 9, 2019 18:33

StonedInTokyo
grzegorz67

exactly.

Date: April 9, 2019 18:38

StonedInTokyo
Spud

Too many cancellations and postponementsover the past five years. I'm not suggesting they should disband BUT the time has come to do fewer engagements as opposed to these multi-month, nationwide, coast to coast tours. Not sustainable.
12 or 15 or 16 or 18 shows hardly qualifies as a multi month , nation wide tour. I thought so that the pre tour check up for the insurance was where Mick was diagnosed . So I guess that's a good thing (Martha Stewart )

Date: April 9, 2019 18:49

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

I don't think it is easy....but I do think all the stadiums have open dates that will work. And if ticketmaster's new order is anywhere close. The dates were already set before the announcement that it would be postponed.

I don't think we are waiting for them to secure new dates. I think the dates are set.

We are waiting for Mick to get the green light from the doctor. Once he is cleared. The dates will be announced.

Per the Solider Field Events calendar looks like July and August are pretty much wide open...Just have to dodge NFL that wont start until mid August and then maybe 2 or 3 preseason games.

So looks like Chicago was not "TOO TOUGH"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 19:55 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: April 9, 2019 19:32

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

Per the Solider Field Events calendar looks like July and August are pretty much wide open...Just have to dodge NFL that wont start until mid August and then maybe 2 or 3 preseason games.

Mile High Stadium Denver.....being used 4 days in July and 2 in August..........next

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 19:55 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: April 9, 2019 19:38

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

Mile High Stadium Denver.....being used 4 days in July and 2 in August..........next

Houston NRG Stadium .....being used 10 days in July and 7 days in August

I may not be a Rocket Surgeon.....but I think the people that schedule tours for a living will probably be able to figure it out!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 19:55 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: April 9, 2019 19:45

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

I may not be a Rocket Surgeon.....but I think the people that schedule tours for a living will probably be able to figure it out!

State Farm Stadium Glendale AZ......Being used July 2nd nothing the rest of the month and zero in August.

$100 Skins! Like taking candy from a baby!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 19:56 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 9, 2019 19:57

Hoping for the best but bracing for the worst (tour cancellation). I don't see it being that hard to reschedule the tour if it were to start in July but I can't help remind myself that they canceled that 1st Vegas show less than 24 hrs prior to the show.

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:10

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but is it possible there will be insurance-related issues in addition to the need to reschedule the dates with the stadiums? I don't really know how the insurance side works much but I figure if Mick needs to be on medication for a bit or something, that might be a point of discussion, considering they've already postponed this tour once now.

Of course, I would think if a doctor gives the go ahead that should be (close to) enough. Plus, it's the Rolling Stones for god sakes... but I don't work in that arena so I wouldn't know. Hopefully, it's a complete non-issue! After all, they toured after Keith's tree incident.

Date: April 9, 2019 20:15

TumblinDice76
bv

Well said and I feel the same.

Except I will do my best to not complain about the setlist!

This time around will be very special to me.

The final bow with just the Big Four on stage will be very emotional I am sure.

Hoping I get three shows in...Denver and Houston for sure so far. And hoping to make it to one in Chicago.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:15

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

State Farm Stadium Glendale AZ......Being used July 2nd nothing the rest of the month and zero in August.

Are you saying NFL pre-season games have been cancelled or are you just ignorant to the realities of these venues?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:20

I think the stadium schedule watchers are unaware that the NFL pre-season has not been announced yet and thus not on the publicly available stadium schedules. If you fill those games in and factor in a two day set up and one day tear down and the shows are all focused around weekends - it complicates the scheduling.

Date: April 9, 2019 20:26

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

Are you saying NFL pre-season games have been cancelled or are you just ignorant to the realities of these venues?

Preseason Games start mid August each team will have 2 or 3. No big deal. The stadium schedules I looked at have 20 plus days each month not being used.

The reality of the Venues / Stadiums is they are rarely used. Simple to find an open date.

Rescheduling the dates is actually much easier than what I thought it would be after checking the schedules.

I do not take credit cards or check....cash only!

Thank you in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 20:26 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home