Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 8, 2019 21:16

Woz
Jazz Fest can't seem to catch a break here...

Yes quite a string of bad luck. Might be difficult to secure a major band at this
late date. I believe another post mentioned Eric Clapton - which would fit the
slot very well.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 8, 2019 21:30

Clapton has a gap yes, and The Who could start there tour on the 2nd, due to start in Grand rapids on the 7th, gives old rog's voice a 5 day rest

Paul Mccartney is also tour ready, but has his own new orleans gig on the 23 rd May

Dylan, Mark Knoplfer, Rod Stewart, ZZ top, Ringos all star band....the Eagles are all rolling this Summer.

the Elvis Costello and blondie tour would be a festival fav but not really headliners?

did I miss anyone

Come On Keef, save the day with an All Star tribute to Chuck Berry

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: April 8, 2019 21:40

Any hints on whether Burl's Creek is still in play on July 1? Maybe the first show instead of the last?

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 8, 2019 21:42

of course I forget Mr Bruce Springsteen could rock up and take requests for about 10 hours, with almost any backing band, sure the E street boys would drop anything to play

still got my gut feeling on Keef!!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 8, 2019 21:51

ukcal
of course I forget Mr Bruce Springsteen could rock up and take requests for about 10 hours, with almost any backing band, sure the E street boys would drop anything to play

Please please let that be true, Keith on fire would save the day !!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 8, 2019 21:55

ukcal

Or Foo Fighters - they will be touring mid May and will be in New Orleans in May as well (postponed concerts). Their NO concert is sold out. So, no problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 22:02 by mtaylor.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 8, 2019 21:59

swimtothemoon
Woz
Jazz Fest can't seem to catch a break here...

Yes quite a string of bad luck. Might be difficult to secure a major band at this
late date. I believe another post mentioned Eric Clapton - which would fit the
slot very well.

Why is it called Jazz Fest? None of the musicians mentioned here are jazzmen.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 8, 2019 22:06

jlowe
Why is it called Jazz Fest?

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 8, 2019 22:10

bye bye johnny
jlowe
Why is it called Jazz Fest?

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Many thanks Johnny. Wish I could be there.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 8, 2019 23:48

tumbled
I repeat. I do not want Mick to tour anymore. Its too much stress on him. Money ain't everything. I don't need another piece of Mick. Take care Mick!!!

If it was too much stress or ill advised.. his doctors would of told him so and
so would the physicians who clear him for these tours. Their prognosis is that
he can continue as he had before .. these are from the best doctors .. these are
not average cardiologists and general physicians. These are the best of the best.

They would know if it was risky. They gave no indication of that .. in fact.. they say he will be better off than well before his surgery and the heart valve
likely occurred because it is hereditary ..not due to physical stress or lifestyle (his father Joe died of this ... at 90).

So .. lets go with what the experts in this say. The tours Mick is doing is nothing like it was even 20 years ago. 15-20 shows with ample rest and the finest logistics schedule money can buy is still quite doable (at least for the next 3-5 five years I'm guessing).

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 23:49 by IanBillen.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: April 9, 2019 00:00

I feel bad for the Jazz Fest organizers, they can't seem to Catch a break. I recall reading an interview with the head organizer of the New Orleans Jazz Fest, he worked hard to secure The Stones, only for them to cancel due to Mick's illness, now Fleetwood Mac has canceled, its a shame. It's the festival's 50th anniversary as well, I Really hope the Stones tour starts in July and they manage to book a show in New Orleans in another capacity.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 9, 2019 00:05

tumbled
I repeat. I do not want Mick to tour anymore. Its too much stress on him. Money ain't everything. I don't need another piece of Mick. Take care Mick!!!

The man wants to work!

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 9, 2019 00:07

IanBillen
tumbled

he can continue as he had before .. these are from the best doctors .. these are
not average cardiologists and general physicians. These are the best of the best.

They would know if it was risky. They gave no indication of that .. in fact.. they say he will be better off than well before his surgery and the heart valve
likely occurred because it is hereditary ..not due to physical stress or lifestyle (his father Joe died of this ... at 90).

So .. lets go with what the experts in this say. The tours Mick is doing is nothing like it was even 20 years ago. 15-20 shows with ample rest and the finest logistics schedule money can buy is still quite doable (at least for the next 3-5 five years I'm guessing).

Ian

His doctors and surgeons have specifically spoke about the surgery and recovery??

Granted there has been a lot of articles, but i don't recall this in the ones that I read.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 9, 2019 01:07

ThePaleRider
Any hints on whether Burl's Creek is still in play on July 1? Maybe the first show instead of the last?

Everything is postponed -- not cancelled -- at the moment. I take that to mean every show will be rescheduled for a later date, if possible, with probably no dates prior to mid to late July.

Date: April 9, 2019 01:19

OneHourPhoto
IanBillen
tumbled

Ian

His doctors and surgeons have specifically spoke about the surgery and recovery??

Granted there has been a lot of articles, but i don't recall this in the ones that I read.

Spokes person for the band said it. As well .. the tour is being rescheduled fairly soon. The mere fact that the tour is being rescheduled this soon is all the proof anyone needs to the fact that he is getting cleared. They don't clear him when it is risky.

A full recovery' .. is the term that was used.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 9, 2019 02:10

Touring is beneficial for Mick; that pre-tour physical check-up may have saved his life. Keep on rocking Mick!!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 9, 2019 02:40

OneHourPhoto
IanBillen
tumbled

Ian

People infer things from the PR releases. Obviously, nobody knows what Mick's doctors have told him about his case they are just speculating based on what is generally the case.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 9, 2019 02:58

IanBillen
OneHourPhoto
IanBillen
tumbled

Ian

Spokes person for the band said it. As well .. the tour is being rescheduled fairly soon. The mere fact that the tour is being rescheduled this soon is all the proof anyone needs to the fact that he is getting cleared. They don't clear him when it is risky.

So no doctor was quoted as I thought and you "mispoke".

Also you seem to not understand PR-101 speak from a spokesperson.

While the spokesperson comment is just throwaway cookie-cutter PR lingo, I think it was EXPECTED to make a full recovery. One word changes your attempt again to create something that is not there,,

Date: April 9, 2019 03:51

OneHourPhoto
IanBillen
OneHourPhoto
IanBillen
tumbled

Ian

So no doctor was quoted as I thought and you "mispoke".

Also you seem to not understand PR-101 speak from a spokesperson.

While the spokesperson comment is just throwaway cookie-cutter PR lingo, I think it was EXPECTED to make a full recovery. One word changes your attempt again to create something that is not there,,

Guy .. well then argue with the doctors .. the promoters ... the logistics people .. the lawyers.. the insurance company etc.. The fact is that Mick is expected to make a full recovery .. Sure.. anything can happen (lets hope not) .. but they are pretty confident he will do very well.

and within a couple months. Those are the facts. I didn't misspeak .. that's what is reported 'officially' and that is the prognosis for said operation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 07:39 by IanBillen.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 9, 2019 04:08

what about the insurance people?

can you either give the exact quote or, better yet, post the link to the article?

plexi

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 9, 2019 05:34

The silence is killing me

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 9, 2019 06:15

BEYONCÉ should do jazz fest.
Wake it up and shake it up.
Serious.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 9, 2019 06:30

Cooltoplady
The silence is killing me
Definitely a no news is good news day (or three) though.

We know it will take some more work/time to get dialed in, any news coming through today likely wouldn't have been good cool smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 07:59

tumbled

We heard u the first time...

Rod

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: April 9, 2019 10:15

Ok, I don't know if this has been said already, but...
Why can't Mick "pull a Keith," meaning he could bring his cardiologist on the road. He/she could check him out before and after every show, and they'ed have all the machines backstage ready, in case god forbid anything happened. He could even introduce him onstage, like Keith did with his neurologist, and we'ed all give him a standing ovation!
I know I'd feel better about it, and maybe the insurance company would too....

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 9, 2019 12:30

laurel
Ok, I don't know if this has been said already, but...
Why can't Mick "pull a Keith," meaning he could bring his cardiologist on the road. He/she could check him out before and after every show, and they'ed have all the machines backstage ready, in case god forbid anything happened. He could even introduce him onstage, like Keith did with his neurologist, and we'ed all give him a standing ovation! I know I'd feel better about it, and maybe the insurance company would too....

Yeah, because nothing says "rock 'n roll" like traveling with a cardiologist and a backstage full of life support machines. In my opinion, it'll soon become clear to the band it's well past time to call it a day. If we do get rescheduled dates consider yourselves damn lucky. Their touring days are clearly numbered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 12:30 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 12:47

“Despite his heart operation, Mick Jagger could be jumpin’ in a flash“

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

It’s behind a paywall but it is interesting.

“The Rolling Stones frontman is likely to be much healthier than he was before the operation.

“So when will Jagger be fit enough to return to the stage? Put it this way, any rescheduling is likely to be limited by the availability of the venues rather than anything to do with his new valve.”

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 9, 2019 12:48

Of course their touring days are numbered ...they're all in their 70s for goodness sake ...

...But that doesn't mean they shouldn't still carry on whilst they can and whilst folks still want to see them.

I don't get where folks have a problem with this.

And for me the band's recent live performances remain more than good enough preserve their great legacy.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 9, 2019 12:53

ukcal

I want Bruce to tour with E-Street this year and next year and every year after . I love Bruce and the E-Street Band !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 9, 2019 12:55

trevormcmullin
I feel bad for the Jazz Fest organizers, they can't seem to Catch a break. I recall reading an interview with the head organizer of the New Orleans Jazz Fest, he worked hard to secure The Stones, only for them to cancel due to Mick's illness, now Fleetwood Mac has canceled, its a shame. It's the festival's 50th anniversary as well, I Really hope the Stones tour starts in July and they manage to book a show in New Orleans in another capacity.
Why did Fleetwood Mac cancel ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home