Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 00:54

mpj200
Correct Homer. Bloody common sense. The tour needs to happen this year.

HomerSimpson
This rumor of a year-long delay is coming from the Daily Mail. Is that a believable story, or is this tabloid reporting with no basis in reality?

Waiting a full year opens the door for one of the others to develop some issue, or perhaps Charlie will be a year older and say “screw this i am not touring again”.

Indeed.

Tour this year or no tour at all.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: April 8, 2019 02:19

bye bye johnny
spunky
Rolling Stones fans will have to wait for up to a year to see the band live again after Sir Mick Jagger’s heart surgery because stadium venues are booked up.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Apart for their usual nameless sources, the ever dubious Daily Mail's report speaks of a "cancelled" tour. So much for fact checking.

Dismiss the daily.mail article. Speculation on their part. You people know more about the situation(s) than they do. I heard the tour has to happen this year. I don't know the why or the 'or else'.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 8, 2019 04:55

Winning Ugly VXII
daspyknows
forsure
HomerSimpson
This rumor of a year-long delay is coming from the Daily Mail. Is that a believable story, or is this tabloid reporting with no basis in reality?

Waiting a full year opens the door for one of the others to develop some issue, or perhaps Charlie will be a year older and say “screw this i am not touring again”.

It is a tabloid. One would think if there were legs to the story other outlets would be running with the story today as well, just like what happened with the drudge story on Mick’s illness/injury being heart related. If Mick doesn’t want to tour, god bless him, everyone would more than understand. I don’t see an issue with scheduling. The stadiums are used for football about 10 times a year starting in August. Not an insurmountable scheduling task to overcomes preseason football game in August

Many of the stadiums are used for NFL football and soccer. The NFL is NOT going to permit the use of a stadium after Tuesday or Wednesday when a home game is scheduled. The risk is too high (see the Mexico City debacle) I am sure they could come up with a series of dates but there is no way they are going to route it Glendale, Chicago, NJ, Denver, Miami for example. With a minimum of 3 days between shows, weather and stadium availability this is not a trivial matter.

Well.somehow they pulled it off in 1981,1989,1994,1997,2002,and in 2006.

It's not any different this year besides more grass fields.These NFL teams play 8 home games + 2 pre-season games in their respective stadiums between the beginning of August and the end of December.

That's 10 weeks with a game in a given stadium in a span of about 21 weeks.

And Glendale has the grass playing surface on rollers. They roll the whole grass field outside so,it will not be damaged by a concert.

The Rose Bowl is only used for college football ,not the NFL,besides a SuperBowl once every couple of decades.

Furthermore,there is a 9 day gap between the last pre-season game and the first regular season game. Except for the 1 team hosting the Thursday night opener.(Probably Chicago this year.)

That means that 15 NFL teams will have AT LEAST the 9 day gap.More than the 9 days if their last pre-season game is on the road. And it means that a minimum of 16 NFL teams will have at least a 16 day gap between using their home stadium.

I think they can make it happen if Jagger feels that he is / will be ready for sure ... and if they want to make it happen.

You forgot two minor facts. Those tours were not booked 90 days in advance and they were not shows being rescheduled. Many of the stadiums also have soccer teams and assorted other events including concerts. They need 2 days to move in and one to move out as well.

Talk of doing the tour in 8 weeks rather than 10 after Mick's surgery only makes sense from a monetary standpoint. By the end of Europe last year Mick's voice was shot and there was at least 3 days between shows.

Something to consider, if it has to happen this year is 2 to 4 shows getting dropped based on ticket sales and scheduling. Just tossing out an idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 04:58 by daspyknows.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 05:14

New Orleans is already gone because of timing and they could cut out the second shows in Chicago and NJ to permit the stadiums to have their other events. This will all be worked out. There is too much money at stake and Mick's health will be fine. This is a pretty ordinary operation these days with great recoveries achieved, esp. by men in the shape he is.

Too many people worrying over a BS article in the Daily Mail. That's my thought anyway.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 8, 2019 05:39

ron091
New Orleans is already gone because of timing and they could cut out the second shows in Chicago and NJ to permit the stadiums to have their other events. This will all be worked out. There is too much money at stake and Mick's health will be fine. This is a pretty ordinary operation these days with great recoveries achieved, esp. by men in the shape he is.

Too many people worrying over a BS article in the Daily Mail. That's my thought anyway.

Suspect you're right.
Burls creek might be another to consider cutting for logistics.

As for the NFL besides a few spotty pre-games, there will only be a few weeks of regular season games to deal with for probably just the last three shows.
If as TM has it listed, Denver, Santa Clara,and Seattle.. we'll see soon where the home/away schedule has them playing, but surely that short a time frame is do-able.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 8, 2019 06:32

Question regarding ticketmaster list of Stones shows - specifically the order
in which they are listed. For the two NJ shows and the two Chicago shows, is
there a way to determine which show would originally be show #1 and which show would originally be #2. This is important since the origional dates are no longer listed. I think there is a possibility the shows are listed in somewhat of a random order. If this is the case, then you run the risk of purchasing new tickets for a show you already have tickets for.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 8, 2019 07:04

swimtothemoon
there a way to determine which show would originally be show #1 and which show would originally be #2. This is important since the origional dates are no longer listed. I think there is a possibility the shows are listed in somewhat of a random order. If this is the case, then you run the risk of purchasing new tickets for a show you already have tickets for.

Click on the specific show link on the official Stones page which still has the shows listed in original order: Postponed

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 8, 2019 08:30

Hairball
swimtothemoon

Click on the specific show link on the official Stones page which still has the shows listed in original order: Postponed

Yes! That should work. Thanks Hairball.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 12:41

The tour has to happen this year, because next year it wouldn't be named "No Filter Tour" but "[New Album] Tour" grinning smiley

campxray
bye bye johnny
spunky
Rolling Stones fans will have to wait for up to a year to see the band live again after Sir Mick Jagger’s heart surgery because stadium venues are booked up.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Apart for their usual nameless sources, the ever dubious Daily Mail's report speaks of a "cancelled" tour. So much for fact checking.

Dismiss the daily.mail article. Speculation on their part. You people know more about the situation(s) than they do. I heard the tour has to happen this year. I don't know the why or the 'or else'.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: April 8, 2019 14:22

swimtothemoon

Interesting thought you have. Yesterday (Sunday) the order for the Chicago shows had flipped on TM. Which show is which is pretty obvious based on ticket prices. Chicago 1 has always been more expensive. Yesterday that changed - Chicago 1 became the cheaper of the two. The order was changed on TM.
I have no intel on the NJ shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 15:17 by cmc.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 14:59

Plenty of time to finish off that NEW album now... About 10-12 months I reckon.

Difference between this time and others when they toured July-September is that they had those dates BOOKED months and months in advance in past years, not this time. They had May-July booked. Other options have taken the months after already. It's NOT going to be easy or possible...

Rod

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 16:07

MisterDDDD
ron091

Suspect you're right.
Burls creek might be another to consider cutting for logistics.

As for the NFL besides a few spotty pre-games, there will only be a few weeks of regular season games to deal with for probably just the last three shows.
If as TM has it listed, Denver, Santa Clara,and Seattle.. we'll see soon where the home/away schedule has them playing, but surely that short a time frame is do-able.

Not Burl's Creek! Canadians (and those of us in northern Michigan) need our show!

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 16:34

Yes don't do anything to the ONLY Canadian date! 2015 only had one in Canada also (Quebec)

Date: April 8, 2019 16:38

Voodookitten76

Not Burl's Creek! Canadians (and those of us in northern Michigan) need our show!

As do we all cool smiley
But you're only a six hour(ish) drive to Chicago from there winking smiley

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: April 8, 2019 17:09

MisterDDDD
Voodookitten76

As do we all cool smiley

Mick enjoys playing in Canada and more specifically Toronto. If the the show gets cancelled due to circumstances so be it but majority of people in Ontario are not interested in the hassle of going to the states. The dollar exchange is lousey and the hotels are booked up and/ or expensive.
We will take the show in our own backyard please and thank you.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 8, 2019 17:15

Maybe they could change it in a Canadian Tour and skip the US gigs.
Jeroen

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 8, 2019 17:16

I repeat. I do not want Mick to tour anymore. Its too much stress on him. Money ain't everything. I don't need another piece of Mick. Take care Mick!!!

cool smileyRe: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Date: April 8, 2019 17:44

PalaisRoyale
MisterDDDD
Voodookitten76

As do we all cool smiley

Mick enjoys playing in Canada and more specifically Toronto. If the the show gets cancelled due to circumstances so be it but majority of people in Ontario are not interested in the hassle of going to the states. The dollar exchange is lousey and the hotels are booked up and/ or expensive.
We will take the show in our own backyard please and thank you.

Knew the suggestion would be touchy. Read somewhere postponement might be difficult for this like NO.
Stand down, Canada.. I'm on your side cool smiley
(almost literally, 30 minutes from border, lived in Vancouver for years)

But, border/no border, exchange rate/no exchange rate, less than a days drive I consider practically a home concert. Drove to Quebec City last time they played, despite all the "hassles". Also, not sure how hotels would be "booked up" prior to new dates, maybe spendy, but it's just one night, eh?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 8, 2019 18:29

tumbled
I repeat. I do not want Mick to tour anymore. Its too much stress on him. Money ain't everything. I don't need another piece of Mick. Take care Mick!!!

Ya, I love him too, but we need to respect and trust Mick that he knows what is best for him.
He has been fine tuning himself forever.
He’ll know what to do.
Meanwhile, sun lights shining on him healing~

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 8, 2019 18:56

35love
tumbled

Ya, I love him too, but we need to respect and trust Mick that he knows what is best for him.
He has been fine tuning himself forever.
He’ll know what to do.
Meanwhile, sun lights shining on him healing~

No way Mick will tour without his doctor's blessing, he's not stupid.

Even more strongly the company the insurance is with will be even more adverse to risk. Money talks; no insurance, no tour.

Both of which are 2 huge safeguards.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 8, 2019 19:10

Maybe this could mean a whole new era: a more slowed down version of the Stones, with a new americana/blues record with some great ballads and Jagger playing more harmonica.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 19:40

They could play Worried About You! Mick on keyboard.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:02

NilsHolgersson
Maybe this could mean a whole new era: a more slowed down version of the Stones, with a new americana/blues record with some great ballads and Jagger playing more harmonica.

Not in a 60.000 stadium

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:04

No news is good news.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:07

Fleetwood Mac just announced that they are backing out of JazzFest due to illness

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:15

Due to the illness of Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac has just announced the postponement of four upcoming North American tour dates and their performance at Jazz Fest on May 2. Stay tuned for updates about May 2 talent and tickets.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:30

NilsHolgersson

Will never happen..would be nice though.
Jeroen

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:33

Jazz Fest can't seem to catch a break here...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:45

runrudolph
NilsHolgersson

Will never happen..would be nice though.
Jeroen

I did like the idea of more guitar by Mick which would limit his running around a huge stage considerably.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:52

bye bye johnny
Due to the illness of Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac has just announced the postponement of four upcoming North American tour dates and their performance at Jazz Fest on May 2. Stay tuned for updates about May 2 talent and tickets.

[twitter.com]

Would be great with Eric. He seems to be fine again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home