Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 7, 2019 18:31

OneHourPhoto
virgil
ohmercy61
Say it ain't so tour is canceled?

Who knows but I find it a little disgusting that they are still selling tickets on TM for these postponed shows. They could at least put the unsold tix on hold until new dates are confirmed.
If TM is selling tickets then it is because The Stones Org has told them to keep selling. They don't do that without permission from the artist/promoter

Wild - TM selling tickets to an event and you don't when it will happen or if it will happen at all. smileys with beer

Be sure that the hospital / doctors will not liberate MJ before they are absolutely 150% sure he can handle a tour - that is on stage, flying around internally in US etc. They do not want a lawsuit on top them. This is America where you can a lawsuit on top you basically because of nothing.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2019 18:31

virgil
Who knows but I find it a little disgusting that they are still selling tickets on TM for these postponed shows. They could at least put the unsold tix on hold until new dates are confirmed.

Nah.
There's no malice or intent to deceive anyone. They list the tickets as TBA.
By all accounts the intent is to honor tickets purchased at the rescheduled dates, and by all accounts their intent is/was to reschedule them. I chose to buy tickets for Glendale during this period for example, and look at it as an opportunity as they will be easily refundable if cancelled.

The situation is fluid and has been since Mick's condition and need for treatment was announced. Anyone buying tickets since the postponement announcement are well aware of the potential that the show may not be rescheduled based on recovery time, venue issues, etc.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 7, 2019 19:15

The Joker
OneHourPhoto
virgil
ohmercy61
Say it ain't so tour is canceled?

If TM is selling tickets then it is because The Stones Org has told them to keep selling. They don't do that without permission from the artist/promoter

Meaning Stones tickets are high-end commodities... Unpolished gems... You have a ticket for a show... Be happy... When and where are pointless details... How can you bother?

Floating money.
Hope it is used for offsetting whatever outlay of cash the crew needs for a cancelled tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 19:17 by 35love.

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: April 7, 2019 19:34

maybe im cold hearted but if I was jagger and I read some of these posts,part of me would be thrilled look at all these people that care about me,and part of me would be pissed they thank im a feeble old man,first off hes got more money than god that means hes got the best docs in the world,and none of them are on this sight,if the stones tour this year, its because he wants to and his docs imean his docs gave the ok, and until I hear from the rolling stones, are the promotors of this tour im not going with cancelled, the daily mirror can stick it

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 7, 2019 19:38

georgeV
The Joker
keithsman

I held onto postponed tickets in 89' for the Urban Jungle tour, and didn't get to use them until the following year, so my Urban Jungle tickets turned out to be Steel Wheels tickets with a Steel Wheel show and stage set winking smiley

Keithsman, could you specify how that worked? You were able to chose another venue?

I think he is mistaken/confused. The Urban Jungle tour of Europe was in 1990 and the cancelled London show for the cut finger got made up in August of 1990 instead of July 1990.

Correct. There were actually 3 shows cancelled and rescheduled, Cardiff and 2 London shows. Keith cut his finger on stage in Glasgow and it went Septic.

Cardiff was rescheduled for a week later. The London shows were rescheduled for 6 weeks later, using the Steel Wheels stage. The 1st of those was my 1st ever show, aged 23. So glad I had the privilege of seeing them with Bill on bass for the whole show. I thought it was going to be my 1st and last grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 7, 2019 19:48

sarahunwin
Madcap
I think Ozzy Osborne rescheduled his summer tour to 2020 due to illness, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Stones did that. Same venues, same tickets, just pushed a year. Would probably be the easiest for everyone involved at this point (except those of us who have to wait an additional year to see them!).

that’s what I Think they should do!

I wholeheartedly agree. Pun intended. Health and Life are absolutely priceless and I wouldn't want to see him taking unnecessary risks because of commercial pressures. If the shows do go ahead, I can see him being very subdued and slower in his movement which is a big part of his act. Why not wait a year and be fully recovered and fighting fit? He can also finally finish the album.

Date: April 7, 2019 19:52

dgodkin
maybe im cold hearted but if I was jagger and I read some of these posts,part of me would be thrilled look at all these people that care about me,and part of me would be pissed they thank im a feeble old man,first off hes got more money than god that means hes got the best docs in the world,and none of them are on this sight,if the stones tour this year, its because he wants to and his docs imean his docs gave the ok, and until I hear from the rolling stones, are the promotors of this tour im not going with cancelled, the daily mirror can stick it

Plus, he’s an accomplished self made man.
Decades rolling as such.
I don’t think anyone tells Mick Jagger what to do.
Except maybe is blonde headed 2 year old.
;-)

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: April 7, 2019 19:53

This rumor of a year-long delay is coming from the Daily Mail. Is that a believable story, or is this tabloid reporting with no basis in reality?

Waiting a full year opens the door for one of the others to develop some issue, or perhaps Charlie will be a year older and say “screw this i am not touring again”.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 7, 2019 20:07

georgeV
The Joker
keithsman

I held onto postponed tickets in 89' for the Urban Jungle tour, and didn't get to use them until the following year, so my Urban Jungle tickets turned out to be Steel Wheels tickets with a Steel Wheel show and stage set winking smiley

Keithsman, could you specify how that worked? You were able to chose another venue?

I think he is mistaken/confused. The Urban Jungle tour of Europe was in 1990 and the cancelled London show for the cut finger got made up in August of 1990 instead of July 1990.

Thank you georgeV, that's right, it was a long time ago, it's been many shows and tours since then, but thank's for clarification, your memory serves you well. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 20:08 by keithsman.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 7, 2019 20:18

There are 2 issues facing the rescheduled tour at the moment. Mick's health which we can optimistically saying is on the upswing and venue availability/weather which may be harder to tackle.

Remember, there were no UK shows on 2017 tour due to venue availability. Same issues exist here. The NFL money dwarfs that of the Rolling Stones so they are at the mercy of the venue owners and NFL.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 7, 2019 20:20

HomerSimpson
This rumor of a year-long delay is coming from the Daily Mail. Is that a believable story, or is this tabloid reporting with no basis in reality?

Waiting a full year opens the door for one of the others to develop some issue, or perhaps Charlie will be a year older and say “screw this i am not touring again”.

It is a tabloid. One would think if there were legs to the story other outlets would be running with the story today as well, just like what happened with the drudge story on Mick’s illness/injury being heart related. If Mick doesn’t want to tour, god bless him, everyone would more than understand. I don’t see an issue with scheduling. The stadiums are used for football about 10 times a year starting in August. Not an insurmountable scheduling task to overcomes preseason football game in August

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 7, 2019 20:27

I don’t think the nfl pre season schedule has been released, meaning they could very well be working with the league to avoid conflicts

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 7, 2019 20:35

forsure
I don’t think the nfl pre season schedule has been released, meaning they could very well be working with the league to avoid conflicts
They are to be publically announced in a few weeks but been finalized weeks/months ago.

The ORG would need to work around the NFL and venues schedules at this point, to adjust one effects all.

Date: April 7, 2019 20:51

Just a ‘by the way’
It is not merely Mick stand still please.
It is the tremendous lung power for singing and harp.
He’s a marvel.
(with a body like marble)
Okay think I’m done

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 20:52 by 35love.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 7, 2019 21:28

forsure
HomerSimpson

It is a tabloid. One would think if there were legs to the story other outlets would be running with the story today as well, just like what happened with the drudge story on Mick’s illness/injury being heart related. If Mick doesn’t want to tour, god bless him, everyone would more than understand. I don’t see an issue with scheduling. The stadiums are used for football about 10 times a year starting in August. Not an insurmountable scheduling task to overcomes preseason football game in August

Many of the stadiums are used for NFL football and soccer. The NFL is NOT going to permit the use of a stadium after Tuesday or Wednesday when a home game is scheduled. The risk is too high (see the Mexico City debacle) I am sure they could come up with a series of dates but there is no way they are going to route it Glendale, Chicago, NJ, Denver, Miami for example. With a minimum of 3 days between shows, weather and stadium availability this is not a trivial matter.

Date: April 7, 2019 21:33

And 1 last thing
Let us all remember
THIS is the frontman
who has never lip sync to a pre- recorded track on stage.
Ever.

And plays the harp.

He is a class of his own.

Your average rules do not apply.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 7, 2019 21:47

spunky
Rolling Stones fans will have to wait for up to a year to see the band live again after Sir Mick Jagger’s heart surgery because stadium venues are booked up.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Apart for their usual nameless sources, the ever dubious Daily Mail's report speaks of a "cancelled" tour. So much for fact checking.

Date: April 7, 2019 22:01

35love
And 1 last thing
Let us all remember
THIS is the frontman
who has never lip sync to a pre- recorded track on stage.
Ever.

And plays the harp.

He is a class of his own.

Your average rules do not apply.

*except on Ed Sullivan in the 60’s, or whatever those 1964 TV shows were.
My point:
Madonna, Taylor Swift, who else I don’t want to name names
BUT
in the slick techno type shows (Jay Z and Bey last tour example, and ELTON)
We have background prerecorded and showtime dancers in their costumes and drama
Elton taking a stair elevator for a 15 minute applause
This is NOT The Rolling Stones show.
Don’t apply similar money making acts to them.
Their show is ALL them.

Date: April 7, 2019 22:04

Ha now they’ll never get insurance.

Let em off the hook, I say. Retool new music see ya on the flip side.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 7, 2019 22:31

I wish wish WISH they could somehow work things out for late September through early December in the US/Canada. This would give Mick adequate time to truly recuperate. I know I'm dreaming cause this would mean indoor arenas.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 7, 2019 22:36

I'm still confident of a Stones 60th Anniversary World Tour in 39 months...smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 7, 2019 22:42

daspyknows
forsure
HomerSimpson

Many of the stadiums are used for NFL football and soccer. The NFL is NOT going to permit the use of a stadium after Tuesday or Wednesday when a home game is scheduled. The risk is too high (see the Mexico City debacle) I am sure they could come up with a series of dates but there is no way they are going to route it Glendale, Chicago, NJ, Denver, Miami for example. With a minimum of 3 days between shows, weather and stadium availability this is not a trivial matter.
Of course this is not a trivial matter or process and it is really naive for those that think it is.I also get the sense from some of the posters here think that the NFL, Stadiums or whatever really should would bend over backwards to host a re-scheduled concert. Like it is some sort a big deal

In addition to NFL games and Soccer games. Many of these stadiums (NFL) also host college football games as well on Saturdays.

During the pre-season starting in July, there are mini-camps held at some of these stadiums, training camps, open practice "Fan Days", Season Ticket days, etc. In addition to already booked events through the rest of 2019 at these venues.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 7, 2019 23:06

35love
Just a ‘by the way’
It is not merely Mick stand still please.
It is the tremendous lung power for singing and harp.
He’s a marvel.
(with a body like marble)
Okay think I’m done

Well heart disease is serious, don't think it's no big deal, these guys are not made of marble anymore unfortunately, but the good thing about artists like Mick and Keith is that their gift goes beyond the physical, old blues artists sing and play the harp beyond the point when they need assistance to walk, so there is plenty to look forward to should Mick want to continue. Who knows he may even have time to finish the new album winking smiley

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 7, 2019 23:54

If US/Canada proves difficult, they could do Europespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 7, 2019 23:54

daspyknows
forsure
HomerSimpson

Well.somehow they pulled it off in 1981,1989,1994,1997,2002,and in 2006.

It's not any different this year besides more grass fields.These NFL teams play 8 home games + 2 pre-season games in their respective stadiums between the beginning of August and the end of December.

That's 10 weeks with a game in a given stadium in a span of about 21 weeks.

And Glendale has the grass playing surface on rollers. They roll the whole grass field outside so,it will not be damaged by a concert.

The Rose Bowl is only used for college football ,not the NFL,besides a SuperBowl once every couple of decades.

Furthermore,there is a 9 day gap between the last pre-season game and the first regular season game. Except for the 1 team hosting the Thursday night opener.(Probably Chicago this year.)

That means that 15 NFL teams will have AT LEAST the 9 day gap.More than the 9 days if their last pre-season game is on the road. And it means that a minimum of 16 NFL teams will have at least a 16 day gap between using their home stadium.

I think they can make it happen if Jagger feels that he is / will be ready for sure ... and if they want to make it happen.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 7, 2019 23:56

HomerSimpson

Welcome to the world of geriatric touring.

This is by no means unusual in this day and age.

Some other geriatric rocker just postponed his tour a year, for the second time. Rumor going around is he will never make the shows but his notoriously shrewd manager will keep earning interest on the ticket money for as long as she can.

And if none of the other musicians are not insurable (and we have no way of knowing if they all passed the test) then the tour continues without them should any issues arise.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 8, 2019 00:14

MartinB
If US/Canada proves difficult, they could do Europespinning smiley sticking its tongue out[/qu
ote]

Sorry Martin it would be nice but but I think they are finished with Europe for good.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 8, 2019 00:24

babyblue
MartinB
If US/Canada proves difficult, they could do Europespinning smiley sticking its tongue out[/qu
ote]

Sorry Martin it would be nice but but I think they are finished with Europe for good.

Well, it they stop touring now - yes. But I assume they continue touring and will come back to Europe at least once. Europe is a huge market for the Stones, maybe even bigger than the US market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 00:26 by schwonek.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 00:32

Correct Homer. Bloody common sense. The tour needs to happen this year.

HomerSimpson

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 8, 2019 00:51

35love
dgodkin

Plus, he’s an accomplished self made man.
Decades rolling as such.
I don’t think anyone tells Mick Jagger what to do.
Except maybe is blonde headed 2 year old.
;-)
Insurance will tell Mick Jagger what to do.
They will not step in twice and pay the bill. Once is enough. The same with the promoter. Jagger will not take a +100 million USD risk on himself.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home