Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: blivet ()
Date: April 6, 2019 18:52

steffialicia
Mick's saying he is feeling much better does sound as if he was exhibiting symptoms. There is nothing more I would love than to see them but I've got to say I am a bit nervous about it. Not a good way to head into a show. I hope he gives himself enough time to fully recover.

Agreed. I'm sure he's anxious to get back to running his customary daily marathon, but still, he has just had a heart operation. I realize these things are much less invasive than they used to be, but it's still a major trauma to the body.

Posted by: mab1888 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 19:14

Hairball
GLENDALE!

Was to be my first of four shows of this tour before postponement, and now might be the first show of the entire tour!

As luck would have it, and if all works out, I'll be there!!

But first things first, and most importantly ..............GET WELL MICK!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

As for politics in this thread, please refrain - as the title of thread says: "Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019".
Most everybody here doesn't really gives a sh*t about what you may think about politics, so why not try to stay on topic?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit because the Cardinals have that stadium locked up from July 15th on.

The fact that it is a retractable field makes it a breeze to set up for a huge show.

I just hope it isn't on July 4th.

If the restart of the tour is any later than July 10th, its my guess the tour opens up in Glendale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-06 19:16 by mab1888.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 6, 2019 19:34

I don't know where the tour will start but if the concert order was as on TM at the moment it seems they would need not 2 but 3 stage sets.

Phoenix
Pasadena
New Jersey 1
New Jersey 2

So unless there is a big gap between second and third show that order seems unlikely... or do they have 3 stage sets?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 6, 2019 19:45

Adams
I don't know where the tour will start but if the concert order was as on TM at the moment it seems they would need not 2 but 3 stage sets.

Phoenix
Pasadena
New Jersey 1
New Jersey 2

So unless there is a big gap between second and third show that order seems unlikely... or do they have 3 stage sets?
They should do it in reverse order starting 29/6 in Toronto, down to NJ, Chicago and finish in Florida end of August / early September

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 6, 2019 19:45

35love
steffialicia
dgodkin
why don't they wheel him out in a wheelchair with a nurse by his side at all times sad

No. I don't mean that. He is in wonderful shape but I'm just thinking these July thoughts may be a bit premature.

I volunteered first as the nurse.
I am leaving it up to Mick if and when he wants to return.
I just watched my Paris 2 2017 JJF opener video.
That man can shake his thing.

You are a funny girl 35. I hope we meet one day.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 6, 2019 20:47

I see that Santa Clara has been mentioned as the possible last show if the tour resumes, but when I go on Ticketmaster and search Rolling Stones, this is the order I see with Seattle being last.

Glendale, AZ - State Farm Stadium
Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
Oro-Medonte, Canada - Burl’s Creek Event Grounds
Houston, TX - NRG Stadium
Jacksonville, FL - TIAA Bank Field
Landover, MD - FedExField
Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium
Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
Foxborough, MA - Gillette Stadium
Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
Denver, CO - Broncos Stadium At Mile High
Santa Clara, CA - Levi's® Stadium
Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field

If this holds true, I will be attending the first two for sure, as well as Santa Clara - have tickets for all three.
I was hoping to attend Chicago 2 as originally scheduled as my wife and I will already be there (for conferences, our anniversary, etc),
but there's a slim chance if any we'll be heading back anytime soon after June, and never did find reasonably priced tickets anyways - though I was checking daily.
That being said, Seattle is now on my wish list - whether it's the final show or second to last show doesn't matter - it's on the West coast!
Just a hop, skip, jump, and a reasonably short flight heading north - easy peasy!
And then there's always Colorado to ponder.........

But all my yearning to see the Stones again is secondary to the situation with Mick's recovery - if nothing is rescheduled then so be it.
I have a flood of memories of seeing the Stones numerous times throughout the last few decades, but would always like to add a few more!!!

GET WELL MICK!

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: April 6, 2019 20:57

^^ I doubt they'll criss-cross the North American continent several times over.

Date: April 6, 2019 21:07

5stringTele
^^ I doubt they'll criss-cross the North American continent several times over.

Yeah seems odd, but maybe has something to do with the scheduling conflicts with sports, etc.
And it doesn't quite look like criss-crossing the entire continent several times over, though there's definitely a few lengthy detours involved.
The oddest string of shows on that list is Jacksonville, FL to Landover, MD, and then back down to Miami, FL. Again though, could have something to do with scheduling conflicts, and with multiple stages it's possible.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 6, 2019 21:17

We're giving Ticketmaster too much credit by suspecting this is the order of the tour. You think they're that organized?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 6, 2019 21:26

Hairball
I see that Santa Clara has been mentioned as the possible last show if the tour resumes, but when I go on Ticketmaster and search Rolling Stones, this is the order I see with Seattle being last.

Glendale, AZ - State Farm Stadium
Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
Oro-Medonte, Canada - Burl’s Creek Event Grounds
Houston, TX - NRG Stadium
Jacksonville, FL - TIAA Bank Field
Landover, MD - FedExField
Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium
Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
Foxborough, MA - Gillette Stadium
Denver, CO - Broncos Stadium At Mile High
Santa Clara, CA - Levi's® Stadium
Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field

If this holds true, I will be attending the first two for sure, as well as Santa Clara - have tickets for all three.
I was hoping to attend Chicago 2 as originally scheduled as my wife and I will already be there (for conferences, our anniversary, etc),
but there's a slim chance if any we'll be heading back anytime soon after June, and never did find reasonably priced tickets anyways - though I was checking daily.
That being said, Seattle is now on my wish list - whether it's the final show or second to last show doesn't matter - it's on the West coast!
Just a hop, skip, jump, and a reasonably short flight heading north - easy peasy!
And then there's always Colorado to ponder.........

But all my yearning to see the Stones again is secondary to the situation with Mick's recovery - if nothing is rescheduled then so be it.
I have a flood of memories of seeing the Stones numerous times throughout the last few decades, but would always like to add a few more!!!

GET WELL MICK!

Hugh logistic work. Can't see them crossing east / west - north / south like this.

Date: April 6, 2019 21:35

cyclist
We're giving Ticketmaster too much credit by suspecting this is the order of the tour. You think they're that organized?

Haha true, and then there's the pollstar article stating they're currently working on rescheduling, so nothing is really etched in stone.
But then bv did mention several pages back that they already had backup dates/cities in order (unless I read it wrong), so who knows?
Guess we'll find out eventually one way or the other.

Then there's the possibility of a shortened tour (if it wasn't short enough already) - delete/cancel several shows off the list to make it more manageable for Mick and the Stones.
Lots depending on the recovery of Mick, and until that's been accomplished, everything is up in the air.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: April 6, 2019 22:24

Reversing the order of the shows would be something not done before...

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 23:03

There are some places on the tour which are extremely hot in the new tour period.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 7, 2019 03:23

I just read the news on my mobile phone. It said tour might start in a years time as they are having trouble finding stadiums that are available, don't know if this is solid news.

Date: April 7, 2019 03:29

babyblue
I just read the news on my mobile phone. It said tour might start in a years time as they are having trouble finding stadiums that are available, don't know if this is solid news.

What is the news source. I would call bs on that. All those stadiums have open dates during the times needed

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 7, 2019 03:37

reading all these comments it appears the fan base does not realize that mick is a human being. give it a rest.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 7, 2019 03:44

Nobody wanted to think of 2 legs in North America for No Filter when I mentioned it back before the tour announcement, but now with the reschedule it could really benefit the band, I think...

Play the gigs with a workable routing that can be scheduled for this year, say 10 or 12, then do the rest plus maybe a few more in 2020. 10 now, and 10 later, why not?

As far as scheduling, the NFL season is not a deterrent, I don't think. They've been on the road in the late Summer or Fall in the US since the '80s, and it's never been an issue overall. Plus, with 16 gigs sold, that money would be better earned than refunded. The biggest hang-up I see would be two consecutive gigs at MetLife in NJ, since it is shared by the Giants and Jets and there's been a minimum 4-day gap between shows this time.

Don't forget, by Fall 2020 there will be new stadia in Inglewood, CA and Las Vegas, NV that need a grand opening with The World's Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band!

Get well, Mick!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2019 04:48

TKinOH

As far as scheduling, the NFL season is not a deterrent, I don't think. They've been on the road in the late Summer or Fall in the US since the '80s, and it's never been an issue overall. Plus, with 16 gigs sold, that money would be better earned than refunded. The biggest hang-up I see would be two consecutive gigs at MetLife in NJ, since it is shared by the Giants and Jets and there's been a minimum 4-day gap between shows this time.

Get well, Mick!

We'll know more when the NFL schedule is released in the next week or so, but it no doubt plays a role in the rumored NJ dates being switched closer to the start of the tour than the end. Pre-season games which kick off in mid-august (a couple earlier) will play a factor as well. Betting the new dates are similar to TM's when it all shakes out, as the NFL schedule is undoubtably known by the organizers. TM had the re-scheduled tour initially ending in Santa Clara and switched it to Seattle (I believe) probably to do with their respective NFL schedules.

Hope the tour is now ending in Seattle, as it somehow would feel appropriate for me this tour ending in my hometown and first city I ever saw them in. Have never bought into the notion that this could be the last time... but..

It's going to be great to see them in Seattle with a bunch of family/friends.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 7, 2019 04:54

jumpontopofmebaby
babyblue

What is the news source. I would call bs on that. All those stadiums have open dates during the times needed

Just saw it too. Think the Web site was called the daily mail or something like that. It was on my google news feed, but can’t find it now

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 7, 2019 04:54

If it was up to me, I'd cancel the entire NFL season and let the Stones pick and choose, at their own pace.

Date: April 7, 2019 04:55

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2019 05:08

Crap.
I hope this report is inaccurate.
Would be fine if it was out of concern for Mick's health, but lack of venue availability? Ugh.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 7, 2019 05:08

MKjan
If it was up to me, I'd cancel the entire NFL season and let the Stones pick and choose, at their own pace.
Amen

Date: April 7, 2019 05:16

forsure
Found it
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Wow wee. I still have huge doubts. Just pick one of those stadiums. Check out their schedule. Many many open dates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 05:17 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: April 7, 2019 05:23

It’s a tabloid so I would take it with a grain of salt just figured I’d share is it was brought up, don’t think they’d still be selling tickets otherwise. I can see it’s its health based. Scheduling based, I doubt it time will tell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 05:24 by forsure.

Date: April 7, 2019 05:53

For what it's worth, found the quote from bv regarding the billboard article:

bv
When Billboard is reporting the tour will be rescheduled to July and on, it is simply because they have inside info from the people who book venues. They are outside the band but inside that loop. They have an exact date but they will not tell because then they will blow their source. So to me this means The Stones have postponed the tour by three months, all dates are to be changed.

And the billboard article dated 4/1/19: Rolling Stones Rescheduled Tour Will Start in July

And a BBC article dated 4/2/19: Rolling Stones tour 'to resume in July'

While things may have changed since these were published, no doubt they are both way more trustworthy and reliable than the Daily Mail.
Until we hear from a notable source - not a tabloid - I think the rescheduled shows will go on as stated by the above sources, the band, promoters, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 05:55 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 7, 2019 06:39

Hairball
For what it's worth, found the quote from bv regarding the billboard article:

bv
When Billboard is reporting the tour will be rescheduled to July and on, it is simply because they have inside info from the people who book venues. They are outside the band but inside that loop. They have an exact date but they will not tell because then they will blow their source. So to me this means The Stones have postponed the tour by three months, all dates are to be changed.

And the billboard article dated 4/1/19: Rolling Stones Rescheduled Tour Will Start in July

And a BBC article dated 4/2/19: Rolling Stones tour 'to resume in July'

While things may have changed since these were published, no doubt they are both way more trustworthy and reliable than the Daily Mail.
Until we hear from a notable source - not a tabloid - I think the rescheduled shows will go on as stated by the above sources, the band, promoters, etc.

This actually does not surprise me.one bit. NFL stadiums are not going to have a concert less than 4 or 5 days before a game in the event the field is damaged. Some venues i.e. Metlife are used by multiple teams, others are used by multiple sports Gillette Stadium. Mile High stadium etc. and others like Levi's Stadium need to be on the weekend due to a 10PM week day curfew. There have been shows that have run late like U2 and lawyers from the city and 49ers getting rich.

Splitting the tour to 2019 and 2020 could work if the numbers pencil out but that is suspect since many costs will just double. We will know in a few weeks what is going to happen so no need stressing about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 17:48 by daspyknows.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: April 7, 2019 07:43

[www.forbes.com]

I'm not sure Mick will be ready by summer. It all depends. This article in Forbes explains the procedure Mick had done and what recovery entails. I also read another article about recovery from this procedure. It also says " Even though TAVRs have dramatically cut down recovery times, it is still a major procedure. Jagger will have a number of restrictions especially during the first one to three months. He will have to take medications to prevent blood clots from forming on his new valve. Doctors will have to check where the catheter was inserted to make sure that it doesn't start bleeding. He won't be able to drive or operate heavy machinery for the first four weeks. He will undergo physical therapy and have to slowly work his way back to doing his regular activities, which typically takes 6 to 10 weeks. Of course, recovery times can vary. But if all goes well, Jagger should be able to eventually make it back on stage, prancing around like the eight-time father and five-time grandfather and the Jumpin' Jack Flash that he is."

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 7, 2019 07:46

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 19:10 by bam.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 7, 2019 08:08

Chris Jagger weighs in:

After the shock news last week, The Rolling Stones had to cancel their US tour and his brother hopes that Mick will slow down, “touring is a pressure,” Chris said.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home