Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 5, 2019 09:59

Fleetwood Mac replacing the Stones @ Jazzfest. Not quite the same level of excitement but I'm sure they will put on a fine show. Could be worse for our friends in New Orleans.

[consequenceofsound.net]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 5, 2019 11:49

imsohotforher
Mick actually had his surgery and is recovering in London. His “people” and media are trying to throw off fans and publishing info about NYC. I have reliable sources in London that saw him at Royal Brompton hospital in London.
Anyone else?

Yes.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:26

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:39

Roadster32
video: [www.youtube.com]

thumbs upcool smileythumbs up

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: April 5, 2019 15:46

I see plenty of tourists in Dade and Broward every summer. Evenings are quite nice after the afternoon rain. Since it's not an afternoon show and never was no problem.

All this chitter chatter bout warm/hot weather in the summer...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 15:55 by chevysales.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: April 5, 2019 15:49

potus43
Maybe they will do "heartbreaker"
You Missy Potus have "A Heart of Stone"

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 5, 2019 16:09

MrMibbs
potus43
Maybe they will do "heartbreaker"
You Missy Potus have "A Heart of Stone"
If I understand a damned word about this groin surgery, it should be Shake Your Hips

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 5, 2019 17:27

Calcification Of the heart = Heart of Stone

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 17:50

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 18:25

I can vouch for this too...i lived in Ft Lauderdale 95-96....evenings might've been a bit humid at times, but nothing that the average healthy person can't handle for 3-4 hrs easily..........just lay off the Molly and booze. : )

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 18:46

Curious if anyone thinks due to Mick's recovery that the setlist will be affected to the point where Mick will be playing more guitar (ala Some Girls album,etc)as to not overexert himself for the inital months of recovery.I personally welcome it for his recovery and more hard jamming ....more like the '81 tour.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 5, 2019 19:33

When we getting news on the new dates? Mick's safe now. I want the Stones.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 5, 2019 19:40

two4fun111
I can vouch for this too...i lived in Ft Lauderdale 95-96....evenings might've been a bit humid at times, but nothing that the average healthy person can't handle for 3-4 hrs easily..........just lay off the Molly and booze. : )

They played Orlando and Atlanta in June in 2015 and it was fine by sundown

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 20:09

CJFP
When we getting news on the new dates? Mick's safe now. I want the Stones.

Looks like we could be getting an announcement in the next few weeks with the tour starting in July according to Billboard

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: April 5, 2019 20:14

While July is a little warmer than June in Florida, it's MUCH more humid. Last time I checked, Orlando's also a couple of hundred miles North of Miami, which can make a noticeable difference.

You guys saying you lived here for one year 25 years ago and you remember a few cool summertime evenings seem to skip the fact that you're 25 years older now. I may not be a mathematical genius, but I believe somebody who was around 50 in the mid 1990s is presently pushing the mid 70s (actually, that's just a guess on my part).

There is also a HUGE difference between Summer in the western suburbs of Miami and the beaches. The ocean is a natural air conditioner in the Summer, while the Everglades is a natural sauna. If you're lucky enough to be within a mile or so of the ocean, you get a bit of relief from the heat.

We may get lucky and have a couple of pleasant, rain-cooled July evenings every few years. Travel agents and used car salesmen will base their encouragement on that, but the reality is that the Stones are taking a reckless chance scheduling in July. It's so hot and humid in Miami that they risk the health of many of the elderly people in the audience. And it's soon enough after a cardio-vascular scare and recovery for Mick to risk his life.

The promoters and fans should give Mick some space and reschedule for 2020. Even if Mick says he's ready to roll, there is always one unspoken thing worse than getting a few shows into the tour before he realizes he has to cancel the rest of the tour.

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: April 5, 2019 20:21

why don't yall start checking on nursing homes for the guy geez,hes in better shape than probably 90% of the people here, if he wants tour this year he does

Date: April 5, 2019 20:28

Don’t a ton of poeple retire in Florida.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 5, 2019 20:31

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 5, 2019 20:37

A msg from a Mick smiling smiley

[www.instagram.com]

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 5, 2019 20:41

Date: April 5, 2019 20:42

Great

Posted by: imjoshwatson ()
Date: April 5, 2019 20:45

Bet the doctors have taken the heat into account as to whether or not he should return in July, if he’s fully recovered by then. Relax people.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 21:21 by imjoshwatson.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: April 5, 2019 20:55

C'mon imjohswatson, the folks on here know way better than his doctors that he should take off until at least 2020 damnit! His doctors have no idea of his recovery time or anything about summer time heat but by golly the posters on here do. I gotta tell you, reading the messages on this thread suggesting what Mick should do is the best entertainment out there! Don't relax people, keep it coming!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 5, 2019 21:29

tumbled
THIS IS A VERY INFORMATIVE VIDEO FROM A CARDIOLOGIST IN SOUTH FLORIDA EXPLAINING THE PROCEDURE

[www.youtube.com]

Okay, this was at the top of the page yesterday
You couldn’t pay me who faints at blood
relived my PTS of my H’s emergency stent surgery last few days thinking thinking of Mick, and what movie do we rent last night
Vice (trailer below)
[m.youtube.com]
Which had vivid GRAPHIC scenes of open heart surgery!
I left the living room. Killing me!

Shouldn’t be on this topic anyway.

I am very glad Mick is better/on the mend wherever he may be ********

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 23:10 by 35love.

Date: April 5, 2019 23:24

Good News. Now Mick should take his time to fully recover. We shall wait as long as needed - no need to hurry up with the tour. Health comes first! And then when everything is OK, Stones can rock again.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 6, 2019 00:27

Shove the politics. Have a little respect for BV's request that politics be left off this forum. Or are you gonna continue to disrespect him and the rest of us who don't care about your political views?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 6, 2019 00:34

Well, fact, not fake, is this: MICK JAGGER feels "much better now and on the mend" - so we can stick to that, be very thankful and wish Mick all our best for the next days and weeks - may he take his time and don't rush too much!

I mean - WHAT A BAND!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 6, 2019 00:54

waterrats
Well, fact, not fake, is this: MICK JAGGER feels "much better now and on the mend" - so we can stick to that, be very thankful and wish Mick all our best for the next days and weeks - may he take his time and don't rush too much!

I mean - WHAT A BAND!!!

thumbs up
His feeling "much better now" had me wondering if the valve issue was noticeable to him, or just discovered during routine pre-tour physical. Not sure the extent of the required physicals, but it struck me that it might not have been discovered without the patient expressing some concern about symptoms.

All that aside, not too far fetched to think that perhaps the extensive touring indirectly (or directly w the physical demands) may have saved his life with the early diagnosis and valve replacement.

Glad he's feeling better and find myself now committed to being at the tour opener to be amongst the initial thousands warmly welcoming him back!
He may not want to address it much in typical Mick fashion, but I'm sure we'll all make sure he gets a long,long, ovation at first opportunity cool smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 6, 2019 01:07

MisterDDDD
waterrats

I mean - WHAT A BAND!!!

thumbs up
His feeling "much better now" had me wondering if the valve issue was noticeable to him, or just discovered during routine pre-tour physical. Not sure the extent of the required physicals, but it struck me that it might not have been discovered without the patient expressing some concern about symptoms.

All that aside, not too far fetched to think that perhaps the extensive touring indirectly (or directly w the physical demands) may have saved his life with the early diagnosis and valve replacement.

Glad he's feeling better and find myself now committed to being at the tour opener to be amongst the initial thousands warmly welcoming him back!
He may not want to address it much in typical Mick fashion, but I'm sure we'll all make sure he gets a long,long, ovation at first opportunity cool smiley

True. The fact alone, that Mick tweets (or lets tweet) some lines, proofes his successful OP.

And yes, that malfuction could only be recognized by some expert, hearing his heart pump and then suggesting a further inspection because of some sounds out of the range of a healthy heart. Sure: that severe inspection maybe saved his live! Thank god the band wanted to tour!

AND: neither Keith, nor Charlie or Ronnie or Chuck or Darryl seem to have had any difficulties to pass that examination. WONDERFUL!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-06 01:20 by waterrats.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 01:46

GAFF
Shove the politics. Have a little respect for BV's request that politics be left off this forum. Or are you gonna continue to disrespect him and the rest of us who don't care about your political views?

Yes, please tell them!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home