Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 116
Re: Heart surgery for Mick explained by a heartsurgeon!!
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 4, 2019 15:53

curt

Might sound crazy but it does go on like that, that is how my heart surgery went in 2014 for an ablation procedure. I was back to normal activities in five days...

chris girard
They are going to use the same procedure on Mick that I had, its painless,

Two posts that I have seen that are very encouraging for Mick to make a full recovery.

Best Wishes to Mick and his family...………………...and can't wait to see him and the band back on stage in North America. thumbs up

Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 4, 2019 16:22

TheGreek
To Mick Jagger , Mr. Jagger I want to thank you for all of the wonderful entertainment you have provided for us for so many years from my earliest days riding in dad's car and hearing Rolling Stones music on the radio . You are simply the best and better than all the others . You owe us fans NOTHING and our only hope for you going forward is your health and well being regardless of what happens next in Life . Honest to our Lord and Savior . Just get well and be safe . Best Wishes for a speedy and healthy recovery . You are in our thoughts and Prayers . Thank you very kindly Mr. Jagger !

TheGreek,

Can you or I copy this into the Dear Mick, GET WELL SOON! thread???

This is absolutely a perfect message...
Well done.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 4, 2019 16:49

grzegorz67
MisterDDDD

Enough with the politics.
So many other places to discuss and argue this cr@p.

This is a respite from the partisan nonsense for many.
Let's all honor bv's request to keep it off the board.
Guilty of it myself in the past, not again, this is neither the time nor place.

Hear! Hear !, Mr DDDD. There are politics going on in all of our respective countries, not least here in the UK. I come on to IORR to avoid it all.

I vote for the Rolling Stones thumbs up.

Yes! smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2019 17:43

Please do not waste my time - and your own time - by posting political statements here. They will be deleted.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 4, 2019 18:02

All that is important is Mick’s health. Why not reschedule the whole tour for the same dates next year?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: April 4, 2019 18:06

sarahunwin--maybe because the doctors told Mick he can perform safely much sooner than that! I'm baffled by all the "recommendations" from those here with obviously clear medical expertise. I'm sure Mick is reading everyone's recommendations here to make a determination as to when to tour again as opposed to doing exactly what his doctor tells him. Who wouldn't? Everyone here has all the answers for him. He just needs to read the thread.

Date: April 4, 2019 18:06

Good luck tomorrow Sir Mick! Please don’t rush back. Love your #1 fan on the rail - Sparkly Top Oxoxo

Date: April 4, 2019 18:19

Lets hope you are right KeefMick!

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 4, 2019 18:37

Mick goes into surgery tomorrow! Hope all goes well!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 4, 2019 19:40

Good Luck Mick!!!
GET WELL.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 4, 2019 20:31

No more politricks, puhleaze!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 4, 2019 20:33

I don't know if this warrants it's own thread, so putting it here.. If you guys think it belongs elsewhere by all means smiling smiley

Seems Fleetwood Mac replacing Stones on May 2nd Jazz Fest, and refunds will be automatically returned if you purchased via Ticketmaster (no need to do anything).. Guessing this means if you're going to NOLA anyway cuz you already bought the plane ticket etc etc that you'll have to repurchase a ticket for the 2nd if you want to see the Mac smiling smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 4, 2019 20:36

FrogSugar
No more politricks, puhleaze!

LOVE THIS hah

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 4, 2019 20:36

sarahunwin
All that is important is Mick’s health. Why not reschedule the whole tour for the same dates next year?

my hope is "b/c they are going to tour Latin America next year"

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 4, 2019 20:40

snoopy2
I don't know if this warrants it's own thread, so putting it here.. If you guys think it belongs elsewhere by all means smiling smiley

Seems Fleetwood Mac replacing Stones on May 2nd Jazz Fest, and refunds will be automatically returned if you purchased via Ticketmaster (no need to do anything).. Guessing this means if you're going to NOLA anyway cuz you already bought the plane ticket etc etc that you'll have to repurchase a ticket for the 2nd if you want to see the Mac smiling smiley

Glad they got something worked out.
Came very close to booking this one, glad I didn't as there's not many other acts I would want to see there this year, including this one.

Date: April 4, 2019 20:46

bv
They would not postpone for three months unless they have complete control of recovery. I am sure Mick will be fine by the time the tour is expected to start in July.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 20:48 by stickyfingers101.

Date: April 4, 2019 20:49

stickyfingers101
bv
They would not postpone for three months unless they have complete control of recovery. I am sure Mick will be fine by the time the tour is expected to start in July.

Not sure what I did wrong w/ my post.

anyway, just wondering if you want to speculate as to whether they might change the ORDER of the shows?

I'm thinking that if the tour starts in July (or later), it might be better to move the "hot" states (AZ, FL etc.) to the END of the tour.

just wondering. If you don't wanna speculate w/o reliable info, that's cool too.

Go Mick!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 4, 2019 21:02

The Arizona venue is a domed, air conditioned stadium.

Best wishes for a healthy and speedy recovery Mick!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 4, 2019 21:12

July in Miami and Jacksonville...scary for them and us.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 4, 2019 21:14

steffialicia

New York and Chicago when you think? I hope it is not September because I can not attend because of my work.

Date: April 4, 2019 21:26

makustone
steffialicia

New York and Chicago when you think? I hope it is not September because I can not attend because of my work.

July-Sept is the best-bet weather wise for MA & NY....

by late-Sept & Oct. the weather is "iffy" for everything except watching the leaves change color, which is quite beautiful if you are into that.

I think they played Steel Wheels in Foxboro in Sept, but that was 30 years ago and I was drunk and 19, so I could be wrong.

I assume Chicago weather starts to get cold and crappy around Oct....haven't been there in years.

Toronto?

yikes!

I know nothing about Seattle other than I hear it rains a lot.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 4, 2019 21:42

stickyfingers101
makustone
steffialicia

July-Sept is the best-bet weather wise for MA & NY....

by late-Sept & Oct. the weather is "iffy" for everything except watching the leaves change color, which is quite beautiful if you are into that.

I think they played Steel Wheels in Foxboro in Sept, but that was 30 years ago and I was drunk and 19, so I could be wrong.

I assume Chicago weather starts to get cold and crappy around Oct....haven't been there in years.

Toronto?

yikes!

I know nothing about Seattle other than I hear it rains a lot.

North- / Mid West is not possible after end of September.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 4, 2019 21:45

Kurt
TheGreek
To Mick Jagger , Mr. Jagger I want to thank you for all of the wonderful entertainment you have provided for us for so many years from my earliest days riding in dad's car and hearing Rolling Stones music on the radio . You are simply the best and better than all the others . You owe us fans NOTHING and our only hope for you going forward is your health and well being regardless of what happens next in Life . Honest to our Lord and Savior . Just get well and be safe . Best Wishes for a speedy and healthy recovery . You are in our thoughts and Prayers . Thank you very kindly Mr. Jagger !

TheGreek,

Can you or I copy this into the Dear Mick, GET WELL SOON! thread???

Well done.
Kurt , if you could kindly copy it for me I would greatly appreciate it so much and I thank you kindly in advance for this nice gesture please . I am not the most computer savy person and the thought crossed my mind but I am not able to do it. I was at a loss and would greatly appreciate this kindness please ?

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: April 4, 2019 21:46

Mick is a Time Lord. He will be fine.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 4, 2019 21:52

stickyfingers101
I'm thinking that if the tour starts in July (or later), it might be better to move the "hot" states (AZ, FL etc.) to the END of the tour.

just wondering. If you don't wanna speculate w/o reliable info, that's cool too.

Go Mick!

Of course, everyone's priority is on Mick and his recovery.

There's been a couple rumors about the potentially rescheduled dates.
Ticketmaster has the TBA new shows listed in what could be speculated on as the new order (no dates).
Course, they're working on it as we speak, and likely won't end up in this order, but possibly.
The logistics make some sense, with it ending in the cooler parts of the country.
The order they list: Glendale, Pasadena, NJ-NJ, Burl's Creek, Houston, Landover, Philadelphia, Foxboro, JAX, Miami, Chicago-Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Santa Clara.
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 21:57 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 4, 2019 22:03

howlingmad
Mick is a Time Lord. He will be fine.

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime...is on his side. Yes it is!

I have faith that all will be fine for him and for the rescheduled tour.

I have non-refundable plane tix, but my glass of whisky is half full, more time to spend with friends and family and driving around having fun in California!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 4, 2019 22:03

TheGreek
Kurt
TheGreek

TheGreek,
Can your or I copy this into the Dear Mick, GET WELL SOON! thread???
Well done.
Kurt , if you could kindly copy it for me I would greatly appreciate it so much and I thank you kindly in advance for this nice gesture please . I am not the most computer savy person and the thought crossed my mind but I am not able to do it. I was at a loss and would greatly appreciate this kindness please ?

thumbs upcool smileythumbs up

Date: April 4, 2019 22:17

MisterDDDD
stickyfingers101

Go Mick!

Of course, everyone's priority is on Mick and his recovery.

There's been a couple rumors about the potentially rescheduled dates.
Ticketmaster has the TBA new shows listed in what could be speculated on as the new order (no dates).
Course, they're working on it as we speak, and likely won't end up in this order, but possibly.
The logistics make some sense, with it ending in the cooler parts of the country.
The order they list: Glendale, Pasadena, NJ-NJ, Burl's Creek, Houston, Landover, Philadelphia, Foxboro, JAX, Miami, Chicago-Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Santa Clara.
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Looking at it to me Houston is really the only one that does not fit well in the new order.

As far as the temperature. Houston and Glendale both have retractable roofs.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 4, 2019 22:34

To me the real trick on a new tour routing is time to do 2 gigs each in NJ and Chicago... getting into football season will shrink the window for a show to be penciled in, especially in NJ where the Giants and Jets both play. Would The Stones do two shows there, but not consecutively? It's been done in arenas, so we shall see...

Another factor is Football/Soccer, as I got some emails from Stones' venues because I had purchased tickets for the gigs. Some of them are hosting international friendlies starting in late-July, and I believe Miami is hosting one on September 6th.

International Friendlies:

Santa Clara and Houston 7-20
Landover 7-23
East Rutherford 7-26
Foxborough 7-28
Miami 9-6

Not sure if more would be added to schedules or not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 22:40 by TKinOH.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 4, 2019 22:49

TKinOH
To me the real trick on a new tour routing is time to do 2 gigs each in NJ and Chicago... getting into football season will shrink the window for a show to be penciled in, especially in NJ where the Giants and Jets both play. Would The Stones do two shows there, but not consecutively? It's been done in arenas, so we shall see...

Another factor is Football/Soccer, as I got some emails from Stones' venues because I had purchased tickets for the gigs. Some of them are hosting international friendlies starting in late-July, and I believe Miami is hosting one on September 6th.

International Friendlies:

Santa Clara and Houston 7-20
Landover 7-23
East Rutherford 7-26
Foxborough 7-28
Miami 9-6

Not sure if more would be added to schedules or not?

And if they would do New York and Chicago at the end of August? Would it be very hot? I do not know what summer is like there

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home