Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 3, 2019 23:03

triceratops
bv
It took me weeks to fine tune all the primary and secondary hotel bookings I had for this tour. I did not want to cancel but today I knew I had to do it. In two hours I canceled 57 hotel reservations on five portals.

Far better to get your money back. You can always spend it again if/when tour dates firm up. And this might not be until 2020.

but maybe not in the case of Lucky Dips, which is what i have.

plexi

Date: April 3, 2019 23:43

For the shows I am watching there are tickets starting to show back up. Not a huge amount but enough to be noticeable,

Glendale pits tickets $442 before fees

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 23:44 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 3, 2019 23:59

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
If the link works ....sounds like 2 weeks recovery

[www.foxbusiness.com]

Fox Business is the ultimate purveyor of fake news.

I think you must have meant CNN.... your post actually reminds me of CNN in a way!

Nope, definitely not. CNN is independent news, not fake state media that only MAGAts take to be true.

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: April 4, 2019 00:06

FYI the Glendale Pit 1 tickets have been available at $442 before fees for the last month. After the announcement Pit 2 also became available at that price.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 4, 2019 00:10

jumpontopofmebaby
For the shows I am watching there are tickets starting to show back up. Not a huge amount but enough to be noticeable,

Glendale pits tickets $442 before fees

For those able it's a buyers market right now with returned pit tix and other great seats showing up at the various shows at face.

Not to get ahead of Mick's recovery, but that is the reason tix are still for sale, as they will be honored at the new dates. I'm sticking with my Lucky Dips and hoping I can still make all the same shows for now.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: April 4, 2019 00:11

How big is the pit? I have A5 seats and wonder how close I will be to stage. Thanks.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 4, 2019 00:32

coloradocanyons
steffialicia
Has anyone purchased tickets through Vivid and if yes, have you tried for a refund?

Vivid is like other resellers, such as Stubhub, where the policy is a refund is only given if the event is cancelled.

HOWEVER, if you google around you find people in the past have used social media such as Twitter or have gone through state attorney general's offices to bring pressure for a refund.

It's a bit of mess for many people. Unlikely the tour will technically cancel all shows and then start over.

Thank you.

Best to wait until new dates are given and then make demands if you cannot attend.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 4, 2019 00:34

as to the ? on the Pit - you will be closer than about 95% of the rest of the crowd! If you want to put the time and effort in, you'll be about 5' from the stage. Or you can hang a little further back and have more room. It's a great experience, but does require a bit of 'work' (IMHO).

Re: Heart surgery for Mick explained by a heartsurgeon!!
Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: April 4, 2019 00:43

They are going to use the same procedure on Mick that I had, its painless,

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 4, 2019 00:46

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby

[www.foxbusiness.com]

I think you must have meant CNN.... your post actually reminds me of CNN in a way!

Nope, definitely not. CNN is independent news, not fake state media that only MAGAts take to be true.

So you can see that Fox is partisan crap but not that CNN is equally partisan crap, just because they tend to agree with you? Open your mind. Don't believe much of what you hear in either place.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: April 4, 2019 00:51

Rokyfan
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby

[www.foxbusiness.com]

So you can see that Fox is partisan crap but not that CNN is equally partisan crap, just because they tend to agree with you? Open your mind. Don't believe much of what you hear in either place.
Oi vay. Is there nowhere safe from this firkin bullshirt?!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: April 4, 2019 00:52

Rokyfan
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby

[www.foxbusiness.com]

The communist news network or fox noise....take your pick. Bleah.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 4, 2019 01:05

drwatts
Rokyfan
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby

[www.foxbusiness.com]

Oi vay. Is there nowhere safe from this firkin bullshirt?!

My thoughts exactly. Gimme shelter from the relentless Keyboard Warriors.

Date: April 4, 2019 01:06

diverseharmonics
Rokyfan
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby

[www.foxbusiness.com]

The communist news network or fox noise....take your pick. Bleah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 01:14 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 4, 2019 01:09

Of all threads....confused smiley...wtf.

Date: April 4, 2019 01:11

Hairball
Of all threads....confused smiley...wtf.

Agree. Sorry

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 4, 2019 03:14

What is wrong with these people?? Politics here?.........

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 4, 2019 06:39

The relevance of Fox News having 'opinion anchors' like Sean Hannity etc or whatever and CNN, "The Situation Room" and Wolf Blitzer etc - have nothing to do with The Rolling Stones.

Both may or have "reported" on Mick's whatever but neither can stray (one might be severely inclined to think) about what is ACTUALLY being reported, and they will say minimum yet to the point about it.

A fan of neither, they're both bad, although I do understand the difference between the two, where one says whatever they want and the other reports things.

Y'all - keep that crap out of this. BV has been very clear about politics. He has allowed some things to be said sometimes...

This is not one of those times.

Date: April 4, 2019 06:42

mtaylor
thomas guitar
bv
It is not that complicated really.

When Billboard is reporting the tour will be rescheduled to July and on, it is simply because they have inside info from the people who book venues. They are outside the band but inside that loop. They have an exact date but they will not tell because then they will blow their source. So to me this means The Stones have postponed the tour by three months, all dates are to be changed.

Mick Jagger is in need of treatment and he will recover completely. Mick is fit and regardless of the nature of what is up, he will be fine, like they say, before the tour is being rescheduled.

So for me this means save the money set aside for the tour, make different plans for the next three months, and keep July-September open for the Stones tour.

I am not selfish. My main concern is for Mick. I hope Mick will get well. Not because I want more shows, but because I care about Mick as a person. I want him well, because he and his band have been giving me - and many others - so many great moments.

Keith took his "headman" on tour and thanked him personally at the last show in Vancouver in 2006. Mick will be fine and we just have to wait a bit and be patient. Then they wihll be on tour later this summer.

Thanks to share with us your thoughts Bjornulf
Appreciate
I guess the surgery needs to be done and see how Mick reacts before any decision

Well, that's fine and all, but I know that surgery needs to be done and see how Mick feels before any decisions.

Date: April 4, 2019 06:44

Gaetzi
bv

When Billboard is reporting the tour will be rescheduled to July and on, it is simply because they have inside info from the people who book venues. They are outside the band but inside that loop. They have an exact date but they will not tell because then they will blow their source. So to me this means The Stones have postponed the tour by three months, all dates are to be changed.

Mick Jagger is in need of treatment and he will recover completely. Mick is fit and regardless of the nature of what is up, he will be fine, like they say, before the tour is being rescheduled.

So for me this means save the money set aside for the tour, make different plans for the next three months, and keep July-September open for the Stones tour.

I am not selfish. My main concern is for Mick. I hope Mick will get well. Not because I want more shows, but because I care about Mick as a person. I want him well, because he and his band have been giving me - and many others - so many great moments.

Keith took his "headman" on tour and thanked him personally at the last show in Vancouver in 2006. Mick will be fine and we just have to wait a bit and be patient. Then they will be on tour later this summer.

Well, that's quite encouraging to read that the tour is likely to still go on, later in the summer.

However, BV, like the rest of us, doesn't know how Mick's surgery will turn out. As well as what will happen.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 4, 2019 09:38

bv

Keith took his "headman" on tour and thanked him personally at the last show in Vancouver in 2006. Mick will be fine and we just have to wait a bit and be patient. Then they will be on tour later this summer.

BV, was that the Vancouver show that was a make up date for when Mick's father died? With the snow storm after the show & more importantly, 3 Keith songs. If so I was there. Excellent show. Perhaps they will do 3 Keith songs to let Mick rest a bit during the shows. That wouldn't be a bad thing in my book. Just a thought. Look forward to seeing you in Seattle later in the summer. Sending positive vibes & thoughts to Mick & everyone else.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 4, 2019 09:46

GasLightStreet
Gaetzi
bv

Well, that's quite encouraging to read that the tour is likely to still go on, later in the summer.

However, BV, like the rest of us, doesn't know how Mick's surgery will turn out. As well as what will happen.

I feel everyone's disappointment. However the first thing I thought of when I heard Mick needed heart surgery is that I hope he comes through and recovers nicely. Never thought about the tour .. never thought much about the album.

Was more wanting Mick to have his health. After and if that takes place .. we can worry bout the tour or an album or anything (IF .. he is up to it .. which if all goes well he will be). However if not, God forbid .. I wouldn't be thinking about how I missed out on another concert of his.. I'd just be wishing the dude wellness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 09:47 by IanBillen.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 4, 2019 11:52

May be Keith could move Happy to the main set with Mick joining in at the end, and then later on do his 2 song set, also why not bring Mick Taylor back for 3 or 4 songs. Bill would be great but I think that ship has sailed

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 4, 2019 12:14

Ukcal wrote:"Bill would be great but I think that ship has sailed"

Yeah considering the fact that he doesn't fly anymore it's rather far-fetched. But he could jump onboard one of those Atlantic vessels leaving from Plymouth or Soton any day, just look out for the ice bergs! How is Mr Wyman nowadays? Haven't Heard anything in a couple of months. I hope he is doing Mighty fine.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: April 4, 2019 12:17

stickyfingers101
"fed through the groin"

that's crazy!

However, not to be a wet-blanket, but note the word "likely"

I think a lot depends on which valve and what procedure, but I'm not a doctor I just know people who had stuff like this done, so don't listen to me.

Best wishes to Mick!

Might sound crazy but it does go on like that, that is how my heart surgery went in 2014 for an ablation procedure. I was back to normal activities in five days...

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 4, 2019 13:27

MadMax
Ukcal wrote:"Bill would be great but I think that ship has sailed"

Yeah considering the fact that he doesn't fly anymore it's rather far-fetched. But he could jump onboard one of those Atlantic vessels leaving from Plymouth or Soton any day, just look out for the ice bergs! How is Mr Wyman nowadays? Haven't Heard anything in a couple of months. I hope he is doing Mighty fine.

AFIK he's well.

No point suggesting an ocean liner to cross the pond (BTW they have not sailed from Plymouth for several centuries), as he replies that he can't swim.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 4, 2019 13:29

curt

Might sound crazy but it does go on like that, that is how my heart surgery went in 2014 for an ablation procedure. I was back to normal activities in five days...

By far the most useful and interesting (& encouraging) posting here for ages!

Thanks for that one.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 4, 2019 15:10

GasLightStreet
The relevance of Fox News having 'opinion anchors' like Sean Hannity etc or whatever and CNN, "The Situation Room" and Wolf Blitzer etc - have nothing to do with The Rolling Stones.

Both may or have "reported" on Mick's whatever but neither can stray (one might be severely inclined to think) about what is ACTUALLY being reported, and they will say minimum yet to the point about it.

A fan of neither, they're both bad, although I do understand the difference between the two, where one says whatever they want and the other reports things.

Y'all - keep that crap out of this. BV has been very clear about politics. He has allowed some things to be said sometimes...

This is not one of those times.

I was with ya until your statement I bolded, which is essentially a political statement in itself. All news is biased. Why not do what I do, switch between both extremes (Fox News and MSNBC) and make up your own mind rather than let Sean Hannity or Rachel Maddow tell you what you should believe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 15:25 by kovach.

Date: April 4, 2019 15:38

long live the rolling stones!

and

[www.businessinsider.com]

Date: April 4, 2019 15:48

It's better to do your own research.

Every notice that EVERYTHING on CNN is always "BREAKING NEWS". B.S. That "BREAKING NEWS" bar and the CNN logo will burn into a plasma screen if you are not careful.

They want to mislead people into thinking that everything is always "breaking news" to hold viewers.

It's all controlled by money if you want to be honest about it.

That's as far as I am going to go on this off-topic direction of the thread.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home