Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 3, 2019 13:24

Mick's health and well being are the priority. Concerts can wait.
One good thing has come out of this however: The 'New album' thread has gone very quiet, thank goodness!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 3, 2019 13:41

jlowe
Mick's health and well being are the priority. Concerts can wait.
One good thing has come out of this however: The 'New album' thread has gone very quiet, thank goodness!

More interesting than the millionth live version of SMU, SFM, HTW...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 3, 2019 15:23

Winning Ugly VXII
Irix
spunky

How many stadiums with a closed roof are the in de USA?

13 Stadiums in the US according to - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Worldwide: [en.Wikipedia.org] .

That list is of retractable roof stadiums.

There are still closed roof dome stadiums such as the Syracuse Carrier Dome , the New Orleans SuperDome, Ford Field in Detroit, and the new stadium in Minnesota.

That list isn't complete, as we still have the dome vacated by the NFL Rams here in St. Louis that they did the B2B PPV show in (which Garth Brooks just kicked off his tour in last month).

Date: April 3, 2019 16:21

SomeTorontoGirl
MidnightDevilRambler
Now if TM would just step up to the plate on refunds including the fees....angry smiley

They have. Go into your TM account - some tickets have a Refund button and some don’t. You have to call to cancel the ones without the option on line. I cancelled one on line and one by phone on Sunday, both credits already posted to my credit card, fees included. You shouldn’t have any problems except some likely wait time if you have to call.

Thanks for the tip I'll check it out!

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 3, 2019 16:45

thomas guitar
bv
It is not that complicated really.

When Billboard is reporting the tour will be rescheduled to July and on, it is simply because they have inside info from the people who book venues. They are outside the band but inside that loop. They have an exact date but they will not tell because then they will blow their source. So to me this means The Stones have postponed the tour by three months, all dates are to be changed.

Mick Jagger is in need of treatment and he will recover completely. Mick is fit and regardless of the nature of what is up, he will be fine, like they say, before the tour is being rescheduled.

So for me this means save the money set aside for the tour, make different plans for the next three months, and keep July-September open for the Stones tour.

I am not selfish. My main concern is for Mick. I hope Mick will get well. Not because I want more shows, but because I care about Mick as a person. I want him well, because he and his band have been giving me - and many others - so many great moments.

Keith took his "headman" on tour and thanked him personally at the last show in Vancouver in 2006. Mick will be fine and we just have to wait a bit and be patient. Then they wihll be on tour later this summer.

Thanks to share with us your thoughts Bjornulf
Appreciate
I guess the surgery needs to be done and see how Mick reacts before any decision

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 3, 2019 17:01

Hopefully, this surgery can be performed in the less invasive manner. It sounds like that would mean a huge difference in his recovery.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 3, 2019 17:29

MidnightGambler
the idea of replacing Mick by "other singers" for the next tour is totally insane. The guy who wrote this should replace his head...

Make IORR great again.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 3, 2019 18:44

schwonek
MidnightGambler
the idea of replacing Mick by "other singers" for the next tour is totally insane. The guy who wrote this should replace his head...

Make IORR great again.

Iorr should build a wall to keep the people that make silly comments out..smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 3, 2019 18:56

bv

When Billboard is reporting the tour will be rescheduled to July and on, it is simply because they have inside info from the people who book venues. They are outside the band but inside that loop. They have an exact date but they will not tell because then they will blow their source. So to me this means The Stones have postponed the tour by three months, all dates are to be changed.

Mick Jagger is in need of treatment and he will recover completely. Mick is fit and regardless of the nature of what is up, he will be fine, like they say, before the tour is being rescheduled.

So for me this means save the money set aside for the tour, make different plans for the next three months, and keep July-September open for the Stones tour.

I am not selfish. My main concern is for Mick. I hope Mick will get well. Not because I want more shows, but because I care about Mick as a person. I want him well, because he and his band have been giving me - and many others - so many great moments.

Keith took his "headman" on tour and thanked him personally at the last show in Vancouver in 2006. Mick will be fine and we just have to wait a bit and be patient. Then they will be on tour later this summer.

Well, that's quite encouraging to read that the tour is likely to still go on, later in the summer.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 3, 2019 19:11

Has anyone purchased tickets through Vivid and if yes, have you tried for a refund?

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 19:15

This kind of surgery requires a recovery period of at least six months, so for me, no tour before October

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 3, 2019 19:32

bv

Keith took his "headman" on tour and thanked him personally at the last show in Vancouver in 2006. Mick will be fine and we just have to wait a bit and be patient. Then they will be on tour later this summer.

Thanks bv for sharing your thoughts and positivity. As for any future rescheduled shows, I'm still hesitant to think that far ahead.
While I'll be jumping for joy if and when they are rescheduled, for now 100% positive thoughts for Mick, his family, the Stones, and all of the fans around the world.
Keep on rolling............................thumbs up

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 3, 2019 19:41

I am not selfish. My main concern is for Mick. I hope Mick will get well. Not because I want more shows, but because I care about Mick as a person. I want him well, because he and his band have been giving me - and many others - so many great moments

Yes...If you may recall, Tom Petty was advised not to tour and to have surgery in 2017, he refused and look what happened to him.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: April 3, 2019 19:44

steffialicia
Has anyone purchased tickets through Vivid and if yes, have you tried for a refund?

Vivid is like other resellers, such as Stubhub, where the policy is a refund is only given if the event is cancelled.

HOWEVER, if you google around you find people in the past have used social media such as Twitter or have gone through state attorney general's offices to bring pressure for a refund.

It's a bit of mess for many people. Unlikely the tour will technically cancel all shows and then start over.

Best to wait until new dates are given and then make demands if you cannot attend.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: April 3, 2019 19:49

kovach
Winning Ugly VXII
Irix
spunky

How many stadiums with a closed roof are the in de USA?

13 Stadiums in the US according to - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Worldwide: [en.Wikipedia.org] .

That list is of retractable roof stadiums.

There are still closed roof dome stadiums such as the Syracuse Carrier Dome , the New Orleans SuperDome, Ford Field in Detroit, and the new stadium in Minnesota.

That list isn't complete, as we still have the dome vacated by the NFL Rams here in St. Louis that they did the B2B PPV show in (which Garth Brooks just kicked off his tour in last month).

It seems that the preference would be to NOT move to new venues, technically this would be a cancellation and cause refunds which everyone (well except some ticket holders) wants to avoid.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 3, 2019 19:57

BluzDude
I am not selfish. My main concern is for Mick. I hope Mick will get well. Not because I want more shows, but because I care about Mick as a person. I want him well, because he and his band have been giving me - and many others - so many great moments

Yes...If you may recall, Tom Petty was advised not to tour and to have surgery in 2017, he refused and look what happened to him.

Same with Prince. Circumstances were different, of course, same as with Petty, in that those were drug-related deaths, but both put performing over their health and recovery.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 20:26

wonderboy
BluzDude

Same with Prince. Circumstances were different, of course, same as with Petty, in that those were drug-related deaths, but both put performing over their health and recovery.
Both of them were in intense physical pain for years prior to dying, and had been on volatile mixtures of opiates and other drugs.

I'm sure Mick is plenty sore after a gig, but as far as we know, he doesn't have any back or hip issues (amazingly).

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: April 3, 2019 20:37

I don’t think this was posted earlier in the thread but interesting article from Pollstar on rescheduling the tour. Note that this article says rescheduling the Burl’s Creek show is in doubt:

[www.pollstar.com]

Date: April 3, 2019 20:58

If the link works ....sounds like 2 weeks recovery

[www.foxbusiness.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 20:58 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 21:03

bv

I knew BV would come thru w/ something that makes sense!

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 21:14

If they are able to do the less invasive procedure, as explained by Dr. Oz etc., makes a late summer tour a near certainty if all goes well.

As the articles and others have stated, nobody ever mentioned cancellation, which should tell you right away that Mick is going to be fine!

Tickets starting to reappear as fans get refunds. You can get Pit tickets for well under $1k for both NY shows.

Heart surgery for Mick explained by a heartsurgeon!!
Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 16:47

Well now there's some explanation done.
And it feels good to know a little bit more about what it's all about.
It also explains why the postponed tour still might be on later this year.

Link: Heartsurgeon explains!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Re: Heart surgery for Mick explained by a heartsurgeon!!
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 16:59

"fed through the groin"

that's crazy!

However, not to be a wet-blanket, but note the word "likely"

I think a lot depends on which valve and what procedure, but I'm not a doctor I just know people who had stuff like this done, so don't listen to me.

Best wishes to Mick!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 3, 2019 17:08

"The 75-year-old singer announced his scheduled operation on Monday, two weeks after a major study found the relatively new tube method is safer than open-heart surgery."

They didn't officially announce anything like this did they?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 3, 2019 18:42

Still breaking medical ground - 47 years after Keith's blood change......

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: April 3, 2019 18:56

I had two stents put in using that procedure. You are awake when they do it, which can be a bit disconcerting, but it doesn't hurt.The doctor was talking to me while he was working on my heart and I could see on the monitor what was happening. When they are done, you have to lay completely flat for a couple of hours with a warming blanket over your legs. The doctors put a pug in your leg to seal the vein, and it takes a couple of hours to set. You have to stay overnite in the hospital, and if everything is Ok you can go home the next day. Mick should be OK, he;s in good shape. My stents have been in for 18 years and I;m still going strong. I still think I'm 25, the rest of me is a bit older.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 3, 2019 19:41

They didn't call this a STENT, Chris..it is STILL valve replacement. They do go up through the groin...I am no doctor but it looks like the best way considering Mick's overall health. I just hope he gets the BEST treatment, no experimentation. This method eliminates opening up the chest....I like that! God Speed Mick, prayers on the way!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 3, 2019 22:18

They would not postpone for three months unless they have complete control of recovery. I am sure Mick will be fine by the time the tour is expected to start in July.

As for medical discussions, I can't see why or how people - who do not know Mick or his doctors or his condition or anything at all - should be able to discuss the health of Mick, based on tabloid UK press rumours and speculations.

Bjornulf

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 3, 2019 22:28

jumpontopofmebaby

[www.foxbusiness.com]

Fox Business is the ultimate purveyor of fake news.

Date: April 3, 2019 23:02

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby

[www.foxbusiness.com]

Fox Business is the ultimate purveyor of fake news.

I think you must have meant CNN.... your post actually reminds me of CNN in a way!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home