Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 3, 2019 02:43

I'm sure their tour contract define the Stones as Mick and Keith, at the very least.

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: April 3, 2019 02:44

Haven’t heard any new MJ news, hope he’s doing okay.

Hopefully we’ll hear something definitive soon.

I’m getting uneasy about “postponed” compared to “cancelled”.

Postponed means long delays in ticket refunds. Meaning no ticket refunds unless ticket seller is notified by performer that the show is not rescheduled.

Cancelled means refunded ticket prices because there is no show.

I want to see the Stones every time they play, but their tickets are expensive.

Hopefully we’ll hear some news soon on when the dates are rescheduled.

But ultimately I hope MJ and the boys are doing good.

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: April 3, 2019 02:49

You can get a refund for a re-scheduled show.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 03:07

My mind was pretty much all on Mick today. Worried 'bout you, man. Love ya. Get well soon.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: April 3, 2019 03:21

admorgan
You can get a refund for a re-scheduled show.

Well...maybe. If you bought through Ticketmaster, yes.

If you bought through a reseller, such as Stubhub, their policy says they will refund for a cancelled event but not a re-scheduled event. But, if you Google around you can find instances where buyers took to social media or contacted state attorney general's offices and pressured a refund.

Stubhub this time around for the Stones was actually cheaper than Ticketmaster in my case.

Waiting like everyone else for new dates to determine if we can all go or not.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 3, 2019 03:25

daspyknows
bv
I would advice any fan to be more concerned about Mick getting well than private travel logistics issues. Get well Mick!

+1 Better to cancel it all and call it a career so they can enjoy the time they have than push forward and have Mick pull a Col. Bruce Hampton.

That’s a sick comment

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 3, 2019 03:33

Cooltoplady
daspyknows
bv
I would advice any fan to be more concerned about Mick getting well than private travel logistics issues. Get well Mick!

+1 Better to cancel it all and call it a career so they can enjoy the time they have than push forward and have Mick pull a Col. Bruce Hampton.

That’s a sick comment

Not trying to be sick but being 100% realistic. Going on tour to satisfy contractual requirements and having the unthinkable happen is not something most (not all, there are selfish folks) would not want. I would rather see Mick enjoying his children and grandchildren for a long time than one final tour. The big dollars involved are playing into the urgency IMHO.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 3, 2019 03:50

stickyfingers101
The only speculating I remotely trust on this board comes from BV...

once he starts posting "Rumors" about the tour, I'll start paying attention.

I'm not paying any attention to the health rumors. I'll wait for Official Statements, thank you very much.

Best Wishes to Mick.

here here/hear hear A sensible statement.

plexi

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:06

bv

or not just as a fan ... but as a 'human' Lol. He is undergoing heart surgery.

Hope and pray he comes through nicely. Hope and pray he recovers nicely .. as a person (as we would anyone .. a neighbor .. a cousin .. your mail man etc.) .. not simply because hes in a rock band. Then we could start the want about a tour to be reshaped (or in my case .. 'album' grinning smiley lol).

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:13

Mick's mistake was in not joining this club:

plexi

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:26

Axl Rose could fill in without a need to delay tour. cool smiley

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:35

Keith richards athletic club Haha. Only athletic club were cigarettes and vodka are requirements...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:38

Rokyfan
Two things seem obvious to me:

1. Nobody knows how long it will take a particular person to recover to a particular level of activity after heart surgery until after the surgery takes place. Before that, it is just prediction based on other cases, I think even a doctor would tell you that. It doesn't really matter that someone's Uncle Herman was driving to the 7-11 three weeks after his surgery.

2. The promoters -- not the Stones -- have $ X million in the bank from ticket sales, earning whatever rate of return one gets on such amounts. Every week that goes by, they earn $ X million to help offset their losses. Every effort is being made to have people not ask for refunds. They will not announce a cancellation until they have to, a minimum of time after the surgery, no matter what.

A question, arising from seeing the photo of Mick with his young family on the beach . . . . You think his large extended family with whom he seems very close will be urging him to go on stage and do his thing after heart surgery?

What makes you think it will be open heart surgery?

Some of us have experienced their own with heart surgery, directly or indirectly.

Everyone is different.

Mick is SEVENTY FIVE YEARS OLD. He's in great shape.

That means a lot... but is also can mean nothing. The surgery will be what it will be. How he reacts to it determines how he heals.

Anyone upset about shows being cancelled, tickets and hotels... get over it.

Posted by: luthor ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:57

keithsman :

on the contrary if you read every forum, it seems that it will not do (or already did today is a suspect I think and do not discard, to mislead the media) open chest surgery ...... STONES do not need more money they they play because they like it, if there is NO HOW to do some show they will cancel the EXACT show !!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 3, 2019 05:03

IanBillen

Hope and pray he comes through nicely. Hope and pray he recovers nicely .. as a person (as we would anyone .. a neighbor .. a cousin .. your mail man etc.) .. not simply because hes in a rock band. Then we could start the want about a tour to be reshaped (or in my case .. 'album' grinning smiley lol).

Agree completely that the top concern right now is Mick's health and recovery.
Until he's well on the road back, a lot of us will continue to worry.

That said, I don't think speculation on the rescheduled tour is disrespectful.
I think it may be a healthy diversion in terms of maintaining a positive attitude, and it also follows their lead so to speak. All of them, including Mick, spoke of rescheduling the tour and back soon nearly immediately. It makes sense, and works well for some, to remain positive and go on as everything will be fine and back to normal, because it will cool smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 3, 2019 05:09

keithsman
spain73
keithsman
Nate
keithsman
With all this talk of new venues and shows being rumoured to replace the postponed ones, i got a question, if Mick decides he doesn't want to carry on performing after his surgery for what ever reason, would the remaining Stones be able to fulfill those tour dates with a replacement singer or singers. We have seen it done so many times in recent years with other acts, would that be possible if Mick consented to it.
No disrespect to Mick, but it would be a way of fulfilling their obligations and give something to the fans with tickets instead of a refund.

What planet do you live on.

Nate

Well i don't think Mick would mind if he could still get his share of the profits.
Let's reverse this and say it was Keith that had an operation and after recovering decided he didn't want to return to the stage, would that still be unthinkable for Mick to carry on with a replacement or replacements.?

What planet do you live on

Spain 73

I know my Stones mate, if Keith didn't want to show for work Mick would find a replacement, period.

That is just plain bad and simply ugly, keithsman. Is it too much to ask for just a tad bit of sensitivity not to start a totally inappropriate discussion at this very moment? Maybe you're such a huge Keith fan because he has the sensitivity you obviously lack when you cannot let your Mick vs. Keith-obsession rest for at least a short while.

Isn't it already enough for you when another poster in a different thread named you "our own village idiot" when you surmised that Mick damaged his heart taking steroids here?

I'm just short before agreeing with him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 05:37 by retired_dog.

Date: April 3, 2019 05:42

daspyknows
Cooltoplady
daspyknows
bv

That’s a sick comment

Not trying to be sick but being 100% realistic. Going on tour to satisfy contractual requirements and having the unthinkable happen is not something most (not all, there are selfish folks) would not want. I would rather see Mick enjoying his children and grandchildren for a long time than one final tour. The big dollars involved are playing into the urgency IMHO.

Actually that's not exact. Aerobically after virtually all heart surgeries in these categories the patient can do whatever he or she wants .. when he or she wants. Many go back to work full time just one week later (no kidding).

The only thing is 'lifting' ..that has to be watched in the first month. Aerobically and exercise wise immediately after heart surgery it is part of the recovery and patients are encouraged ..

Besides open heart surgery ..during this type .. the patient can do anything he or she wants physically on an aerobic level ... just no heavy lifting for about three to five weeks. I know it sounds absurd .. especially to the treatment and what used to take place 25 -35 years ago .. but it's true.

In other words.. a three month window should be more than enough time for Mick to recover, rehearse and go on.

In one short week many individuals go back to a completely normal life style including going to the gym every day (with this type of thing ... incredibly enough and absurd as that sounds).

If they want to go out and walk a mile or so the next morning and go up hills etc that's fine. If they want to go to the gym the next day that's fine. I researched it .. HOPEFULLY ... in as little as one week .. Mick may never know this even occurred .. up to 4-6 for the more extreme cases. They actually 'want' you to start resuming what you did before as early as possible.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 05:53 by IanBillen.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 3, 2019 06:02

I guess Mick has a choice between tried and true open heart surgery and brand new minimally invasive surgery. It's not an easy choice. One hopes for a speedy recovery. It's to be determined if it's going to be a big blow to his system or not. You have to take it one day at a time. Especially when you are 75.

If it's a big blow to his system and it takes months to recover then I suspect that Charlie will take that cue and retire and then the dominoes will fall.

If that's the case, hey, the "band" as a touring entity lasted about FIFTY YEARS longer than the Beatles. And with all of the pressure to tour gone perhaps they can still be active and put out a few more albums. They can just do things at their own pace and see what happens. If something really gells they can release it. If not, then not.

There is a silver lining in this scenario, it's kind of like they are being "released" and have their freedom again. Sort of like Bill Wyman where he says he was very happy to have the freedom to do whatever he wanted after he quit.

This tour can be viewed as a corporate exercise. The bean counters want them to complete Phase II because then the net profit goes way up against the capital outlay for the staging bla, bla, bla. If you complete "the model" then the spreadsheet numbers all line up. There is way more cream in Phase II because in Phase I you were paying off the stage and production costs, bla, bla, bla. They don't need that crap anymore and they can all just walk away from it if they want to.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 3, 2019 06:15

Besides open heart surgery ..during this type .. the patient can do anything he or she wants physically on an aerobic level ... just no heavy lifting for about three to five weeks. I know it sounds absurd .. especially to the treatment and what used to take place 25 -35 years ago .. but it's true.

In other words.. a three month window should be more than enough time for Mick to recover, rehearse and go on.

In one short week many individuals go back to a completely normal life style including going to the gym every day (with this type of thing ... incredibly enough and absurd as that sounds).

If they want to go out and walk a mile or so the next morning and go up hills etc that's fine. If they want to go to the gym the next day that's fine. I researched it .. HOPEFULLY ... in as little as one week .. Mick may never know this even occurred .. up to 4-6 for the more extreme cases. They actually 'want' you to start resuming what you did before as early as possible.

I am just going to take a reasonable guess that "no heavy lifting" is because they don't want to put any extra tension or compression on the junction between the artery tissue and the perimeter of the artificial valve. The tissue has to "mate" with the outer surface of the artificial valve and grow into it and attach to it.

For me personally, I would just take regular walks for about four months no matter what the doctor told me. No lifting at the gym at all. I would want that valve-tissue mating to be nice and smooth without any jolts or bumps. Chicken at heart.

Re: Heart surgery for Mick!
Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 06:27

After reading all comments in this thread I must say that some of you guys are utterly disrespectful towards Mick but not only him. Also to me who started this thread and towards all the fans that use this forum as a source of Rolling Stones news and chat.

Some of you should really get your act together and clean up your mess here.

Mick is 75 and his health is no joke. The band and its memebers should be treated and respected in every way.

This forum once was a great one to visit. Nowadays? Well it's not that great anymore!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: April 3, 2019 06:37

the idea of replacing Mick by "other singers" for the next tour is totally insane. The guy who wrote this should replace his head...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 06:50 by MidnightGambler.

Date: April 3, 2019 07:09

buttons67
if mick decides to pack it in there is no way the rest of the band can fulfill the dates. in theory yes they could but it isnt the stones and i would say likewise for keith, ronnie and charlie. when one packs it in they all do. and then that would be the end of the rolling stones, but ofcourse they would continue in our hearts, souls and ears as we would continue to buy up the products released after they quit.

i hope mick can come back and the band have another 4 or 5 years, but not at the expense of anyones health. get well soon mick, put your health first.

There will be no Stones tour w/o Mick Jagger .. period lol.

If Mick decides to pack it in ...that is up to him (but trust me... he wont .. nor does he want to lol). However if and when he does .. that is up to him and
I wouldn't complain a bit (how on earth could I?).

I view a functioning / functional band like I do work .. If someone wants to retire ...god bless them .. that's their choice. If someone wants to stay at work .. they should deliver work ... may not be like the young folks .. but ya gotta show up and do what ya can without killing yourself (hence the lack of studio output gripe I have...and guess what... I have the right .. every Stones fan does).

Now all that is on hold .. if the album never gets done .. bc Mick retires (which won't happen) .. then God bless him ..he doesn't owe anyone and he has to do whats best for him. However .. if he decides to continue and resume his normal line of work .. and he tours .. I'll expect an album ..no excuses. Artists work .. they create and I'll expect that (we all should ..they understand that at this point). Ya either are retired or ya aren't.

With that said .. I am not even thinking about an album now .. much less a tour. First thing is Mick as a human. I hope he gets his health back 100% no matter what route he takes after. That is truly the important thing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 07:12 by IanBillen.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 3, 2019 09:10

keithsman
Jeter1984
triceratops
Here is a good one by Dr Oz on what Mick will probably get. This is new heart valve insertion through a catheter rather than open heart surgery which takes much longer to recover from

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
It means Jagger should be recovered within two weeks, rather than two months.
Celebrity cardiothoracic surgeon Dr Mehmet Oz, who was part of the team that invented Medtronic's device, told DailyMail.com how it works and what issues patients face

Thanks for posting. If that is the procedure, then late summer would be feasible.

If the leaked media knowledge of this operation is to be believed, and it is to be believed or this thread would be deleted, Mick needs the open heart surgery as already been explained here.

On the contrary actually, if it were open heart surgery you'd think they'd be a lot more cautious with the recovery time. There are 4 valves in the heart and all 4 can be replaced with a minimally invasive transcatheter method, TAVR, TPVR and TMVR although it can't be used in all cases apparently [healthblog.uofmhealth.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 3, 2019 10:26

Serious guys, don't make things bigger than they are.
If they didn't plan a tour this time, nobody heard anything about Mick's health. They had kept it secret and everbody now was talking about when a new tour will happen and nobody about Charlie's retirement (come on!) or the Stones playin' live without Jagger (what the hell?). The timing is just that bad.

And after all: Mick, take all your time to make a fully recovery!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 3, 2019 10:30

Honey, it's no a rock and roll show, but for those interested in future, it is very highly possible that Sir Mick will be the most spotted guest in New York at YAGP's 20th anniversary Stars of Today Meet Stars of Tomorrow gala at the David Koch Theater in Lincoln Center on April 18, 2019. The US debut of Melanie's Mick-curated "Porte Rouge" ballet happens then. I don't think Jagger will miss it.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 10:32 by Doxa.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: April 3, 2019 10:37

Let's put our hearts together and send a worldwide message to Mick. Staying positive will help everyone and it's a good distraction until new dates are announced.

If you want to join in, record a short video (around 15s) with a message for Mick. It can be in your own language too. Just something simple with your phone is fine.

For better quality upload your video to a shared Dropbox folder here.

If you want to participate please do so until Friday, April 5th, end of day so that we can have it done by Monday. There is also a facebook event you can share here.

All messages will be put together and combined to make one video from the world to Mick. We did this in Vegas when the first show was cancelled and it was a good exercise to focus on the positive message.

Thanks to everyone who wants to join.

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 3, 2019 10:53

Media quoting the site Drudge Report (never heard of it): operation on Friday in New York.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 3, 2019 11:10

It is not that complicated really.

When Billboard is reporting the tour will be rescheduled to July and on, it is simply because they have inside info from the people who book venues. They are outside the band but inside that loop. They have an exact date but they will not tell because then they will blow their source. So to me this means The Stones have postponed the tour by three months, all dates are to be changed.

Mick Jagger is in need of treatment and he will recover completely. Mick is fit and regardless of the nature of what is up, he will be fine, like they say, before the tour is being rescheduled.

So for me this means save the money set aside for the tour, make different plans for the next three months, and keep July-September open for the Stones tour.

I am not selfish. My main concern is for Mick. I hope Mick will get well. Not because I want more shows, but because I care about Mick as a person. I want him well, because he and his band have been giving me - and many others - so many great moments.

Keith took his "headman" on tour and thanked him personally at the last show in Vancouver in 2006. Mick will be fine and we just have to wait a bit and be patient. Then they will be on tour later this summer.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 11:13 by bv.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 3, 2019 12:37

RG
Serious guys, don't make things bigger than they are.
If they didn't plan a tour this time, nobody heard anything about Mick's health. They had kept it secret and everbody now was talking about when a new tour will happen and nobody about Charlie's retirement (come on!) or the Stones playin' live without Jagger (what the hell?). The timing is just that bad.

And after all: Mick, take all your time to make a fully recovery!

I think the idea of the band performing live without Mick/with another frontman first appeared on April 1st - which may or may not mean it's a joke.

Wishing Mick a successful op and a full recovery.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: April 3, 2019 13:03

bv
It is not that complicated really.

When Billboard is reporting the tour will be rescheduled to July and on, it is simply because they have inside info from the people who book venues. They are outside the band but inside that loop. They have an exact date but they will not tell because then they will blow their source. So to me this means The Stones have postponed the tour by three months, all dates are to be changed.

Mick Jagger is in need of treatment and he will recover completely. Mick is fit and regardless of the nature of what is up, he will be fine, like they say, before the tour is being rescheduled.

So for me this means save the money set aside for the tour, make different plans for the next three months, and keep July-September open for the Stones tour.

I am not selfish. My main concern is for Mick. I hope Mick will get well. Not because I want more shows, but because I care about Mick as a person. I want him well, because he and his band have been giving me - and many others - so many great moments.

Keith took his "headman" on tour and thanked him personally at the last show in Vancouver in 2006. Mick will be fine and we just have to wait a bit and be patient. Then they wihll be on tour later this summer.

Thanks to share with us your thoughts Bjornulf
Appreciate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home