Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:33

Woz
It seems to me that it's Concerts West that are pushing for the dates to be booked so soon. First and foremost comes Mick's health.

It’s not Concerts West it’s AEG

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:36

Go figure, no refund button on mine but there is no point for me in requesting a refund until there are new dates published or the tour is cancelled.

Posted by: luthor ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:42

no one thought about the possibility of this surgery being done today, and the date of day 6 was put in the media to avoid all this (rumors, tabloids, early opinions, etc) ????
I WOULD DO THAT IF I WERE "The Rolling Stones" anyone know if any tabloid or paparazzi posted on this hypothesis today ???

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:46

Ticketmaster is still selling tickets. If you paid extra for platinum or packge tickets because there were no Standard tickets available then, it may be worth keeping your eye on TM. I was able to cancel a more expensive ticket and buy the same at standard price. Assuming the show is rescheduled, saved me quite a bit of money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 23:59 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:49

Cooltoplady
Woz
It seems to me that it's Concerts West that are pushing for the dates to be booked so soon. First and foremost comes Mick's health.

It’s not Concerts West it’s AEG

Actually it's being managed through AEG's Concerts West division.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:58

bv
I would advice any fan to be more concerned about Mick getting well than private travel logistics issues. Get well Mick!

+1 Better to cancel it all and call it a career so they can enjoy the time they have than push forward and have Mick pull a Col. Bruce Hampton.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:03

Paddy
potus43
bleedingman
potus43
Maybe they will do "heartbreaker"

A bit late with that gem. Go back a page or two. So sad, they postponed MSG.

HA HA I always win

@ being a cock.
Hee hee fun to win. Keep drinking paddy

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:07

if this surgery is a success I have no doubt it will be,you will see the stones on stage, fairly soon after, its what they do,this business retire play with the grand kids,not in his dna, hes f ing mick jaggar, rock on mick

Date: April 3, 2019 00:08

How many of the Stones last few tours have been postponed?

Several I think.

Was the tour postponed when Ronnie needed treatment? Or was the announcement just delayed? I cannot remember.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 00:12 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:08

bleedingman
potus43
Maybe they will do "heartbreaker"

A bit late with that gem. Go back a page or two. So sad, they postponed MSG.

smoking smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:12

daspyknows
bv
I would advice any fan to be more concerned about Mick getting well than private travel logistics issues. Get well Mick!

+1 Better to cancel it all and call it a career so they can enjoy the time they have than push forward and have Mick pull a Col. Bruce Hampton.

I don't know how you can be so insensitive...especially about this. Wtf?

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:15

With all this talk of new venues and shows being rumoured to replace the postponed ones, i got a question, if Mick decides he doesn't want to carry on performing after his surgery for what ever reason, would the remaining Stones be able to fulfill those tour dates with a replacement singer or singers. We have seen it done so many times in recent years with other acts, would that be possible if Mick consented to it.
No disrespect to Mick, but it would be a way of fulfilling their obligations and give something to the fans with tickets instead of a refund.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:33

keithsman
With all this talk of new venues and shows being rumoured to replace the postponed ones, i got a question, if Mick decides he doesn't want to carry on performing after his surgery for what ever reason, would the remaining Stones be able to fulfill those tour dates with a replacement singer or singers. We have seen it done so many times in recent years with other acts, would that be possible if Mick consented to it.
No disrespect to Mick, but it would be a way of fulfilling their obligations and give something to the fans with tickets instead of a refund.

Not In This Lifetime...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:38

keithsman

What planet do you live on.

Nate

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:42

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 00:42 by undertheradar.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:44

keithsman

Ain't gonna happen !!

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:46

keithsman

No.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:48

Here is a good one by Dr Oz on what Mick will probably get. This is new heart valve insertion through a catheter rather than open heart surgery which takes much longer to recover from

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
It means Jagger should be recovered within two weeks, rather than two months.
Celebrity cardiothoracic surgeon Dr Mehmet Oz, who was part of the team that invented Medtronic's device, told DailyMail.com how it works and what issues patients face

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:50

I saw the Mickey Rourke movie THE WRESTLER with a surgeon who thought the ending was stupid (Rourke falters in the ring after heart surgery), saying, "The heart surgery should have meant Rourke did not falter in the ring. It wouldn't be iatrogenic."

Date: April 3, 2019 00:59

Nate
keithsman

Nate

Well i don't think Mick would mind if he could still get his share of the profits.
Let's reverse this and say it was Keith that had an operation and after recovering decided he didn't want to return to the stage, would that still be unthinkable for Mick to carry on with a replacement or replacements.?

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 3, 2019 01:00

bv
It took me weeks to fine tune all the primary and secondary hotel bookings I had for this tour. I did not want to cancel but today I knew I had to do it. In two hours I canceled 57 hotel reservations on five portals.

Far better to get your money back. You can always spend it again if/when tour dates firm up. And this might not be until 2020.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 01:06

triceratops
Here is a good one by Dr Oz on what Mick will probably get. This is new heart valve insertion through a catheter rather than open heart surgery which takes much longer to recover from

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
Celebrity cardiothoracic surgeon Dr Mehmet Oz, who was part of the team that invented Medtronic's device, told DailyMail.com how it works and what issues patients face

Thanks for posting. If that is the procedure, then late summer would be feasible.

Date: April 3, 2019 01:13

Jeter1984
triceratops

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Thanks for posting. If that is the procedure, then late summer would be feasible.

If the leaked media knowledge of this operation is to be believed, and it is to be believed or this thread would be deleted, Mick needs the open heart surgery as already been explained here.

Posted by: spain73 ()

keithsman
Nate
keithsman

Nate

Well i don't think Mick would mind if he could still get his share of the profits.
Let's reverse this and say it was Keith that had an operation and after recovering decided he didn't want to return to the stage, would that still be unthinkable for Mick to carry on with a replacement or replacements.?

Spain 73

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 01:14 by spain73.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()

Here is my guess at the whole “when did they discover it issue.” I bet they do some sort of health check at the planning stages of the tour. This allows them to shop for insurance and or investors. Once that has been narrowed down and agreed to the insurance companies probably require one final one near the start, os if a problem is found and they are not convinced all is ok. My guess is that the second and final check is when they found the issue. Also if insurers are not pulling out then that’s a good sign that everyone believes Mick will be able to go back on the road. They have to pretty much disclose everything or you coup get a breach of contract. Just my .02$

Go Dawgs!

Date: April 3, 2019 01:17

spain73
keithsman
Nate
keithsman

Nate

What planet do you live on

Spain 73

I know my Stones mate, if Keith didn't want to show for work Mick would find a replacement, period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 01:19 by keithsman.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 01:23

keithsman
Jeter1984
triceratops

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

If the leaked media knowledge of this operation is to be believed, and it is to be believed or this thread would be deleted, Mick needs the open heart surgery as already been explained here.

Sorry, but the idiotic question you posed earlier regarding replacing Mick or Keith prohibits me from interacting with you beyond this point.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 3, 2019 01:25

keithsman
Nate
keithsman

Nate

Synonyms of insane
balmy, barmy [chiefly British], bats, batty, bedlam, bonkers, brainsick, bughouse [slang], certifiable, crackbrained, cracked, crackers, crackpot, cranky [dialect], crazed, crazy, cuckoo, daffy, daft, demented, deranged, fruity [slang], gaga, haywire, kooky (also kookie), loco [slang], loony (also looney), loony tunes (or looney tunes), lunatic, mad, maniacal (also maniac), mental, meshuga (or meshugge), moonstruck, non compos mentis, nuts, nutty, psycho, psychotic, scatty [chiefly British], screwy, unbalanced, unhinged, unsound, wacko (also whacko), wacky (also whacky), wud [chiefly Scottish]

Date: April 3, 2019 01:29

Jeter1984
keithsman
Jeter1984
triceratops

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Sorry, but the idiotic question you posed earlier regarding replacing Mick or Keith prohibits me from interacting with you beyond this point.

Lol, yeah i'm off for a bit anyway, enjoy yourselves. It was a rhetorical question btw.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 01:56

if mick decides to pack it in there is no way the rest of the band can fulfill the dates. in theory yes they could but it isnt the stones and i would say likewise for keith, ronnie and charlie. when one packs it in they all do. and then that would be the end of the rolling stones, but ofcourse they would continue in our hearts, souls and ears as we would continue to buy up the products released after they quit.

i hope mick can come back and the band have another 4 or 5 years, but not at the expense of anyones health. get well soon mick, put your health first.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home