Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 01:49

tumblinbrian
Open Heart Surgery. Aortic Valve Replacement. 6 months total recovery time especially if running around stage.

TAVR. Minimally invasive. Up and running in 2 weeks.

Assuming no complications from either.

From a cardiologist in Miami.

Who also stated yesterday that a summer tour would be hell!

Who the Hell Vacations in Miami in summer.
Or Jacksonville.
Or New Orleans.

NO ONE

Keith would MELT! And the entire crowd!

95% humidity and severe late afternoon thunderstorms.

And New York. Boston Philly DC and Chicago ain't no picnic either.

So its open heart surgery and fall tour.

Or TAVR and May thru July tour.

As they say in NOLA. I AINT SAYIN. I'M JUST SAYIN!

It would surely be TAVR? Least invasive and less traumatic than open heart surgery.

Fingers crossed everything will succeed and Mick will have a speedy recovery.

We all love you Mick!

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: April 2, 2019 01:51

So....I just checked Ticketmaster and it gave me the option to get a refund on my Start Me Up Package for Pit 2 in Houston. It was also showing available Platinum in that same section for just under $900 before Ticketmaster fees. Long story short, after my "no refund" hotel room loss I just saved about $600. Ticketmaster said the refund should be on my credit card within 10 days.

I am looking forward to the Rock Show this fall. Hopefully, it won't overlap my Who or Iron Maiden dates.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 02:01

jumpontopofmebaby
Anyone notice the shows on ticket master all say TBA except N.O. But now in a different order. Wonder if this means anything?

Good spot. It’s not alphabetical either. All the same venues too so I think there might be something in this.

The order doesn’t make a lot of geographical or logistical sense in places but the Stones’ stage is much leaner and meaner than the jumbotron stages of times past and can probably be shipped as air cargo. I think it takes about 3 days to build so they presumably have either 2 or 3 complete stage sets for a tour plus spare parts.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 02:05

Andrew-I'll be seeing Maiden this summer tour! Ig was going to be Stones in June and Maiden in Aug. Kind of waiting to see the Rescheduled dates before I decide to add The Who as a mid summer replacement for the June 21st Stones show.

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: April 2, 2019 02:15

All of the Texas Iron Maiden and Who dates are 2nd and 3rd week of September, so I have a little wiggle room if I don't see them in Dallas as planned. Houston and San Antonio aren't too far of a drive.

Date: April 2, 2019 02:24

Well, now I trust my intuition even more, as from the beginning on, after all those statements were posted, I was thinking that the most vulnarable part of Mick´s body is his heart....and I don´t need any more
speculations or reports. I think he and the management were dealing very professional with this issue. But it was only a matter of time that the truth comes out (I think it´s true concerning his heart problems, but of course I don´t know)

Anway, I am very confident that everything will be all right - as I´ve seen those photos on the beach and the supportive messages from his bandmates. Especially the Love of his family will be healing for him. I´m sure he will be as fine as Keith after his serious treatment and "arise with new energy".

He gave so much joy,love,energy and healing to the world that I believe this will come back to him when he needs it. Get well soon, Mick!!

And for those who think this is all a private matter for Mick and we are here on this board only to post about the music of the Rolling Stones - I just say: NO !!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 02:27 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 2, 2019 02:29

grzegorz67
jumpontopofmebaby
Anyone notice the shows on ticket master all say TBA except N.O. But now in a different order. Wonder if this means anything?

Good spot. It’s not alphabetical either. All the same venues too so I think there might be something in this.

The order doesn’t make a lot of geographical or logistical sense in places but the Stones’ stage is much leaner and meaner than the jumbotron stages of times past and can probably be shipped as air cargo. I think it takes about 3 days to build so they presumably have either 2 or 3 complete stage sets for a tour plus spare parts.

Also interesting that while the order of the gigs are somewhat scrambled, the logistics still work pretty well for some of the runs (Jax to Miami to Chicago to Denver to Seattle to Santa Clara.. )

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 2, 2019 02:51

Mick Jagger will receive excellent medical care. He is intelligent and disciplined enough to do what he needs to do to fully recover, and he is surrounded by people who love him. I expect that he'll be fine in no time.

Date: April 2, 2019 02:52

MisterDDDD
grzegorz67
jumpontopofmebaby

Also interesting that while the order of the gigs are somewhat scrambled, the logistics still work pretty well for some of the runs (Jax to Miami to Chicago to Denver to Seattle to Santa Clara.. )

Houston seems to be a little out of place. But the rest have a good flow. Who knows.

I do wonder if you will get a refund for the NO shows. The jazz fest still goes on. And prob had a “bands are subject to change” qualifier

Date: April 2, 2019 02:57

MisterDDDD
grzegorz67
jumpontopofmebaby

I noticed that too. There are a few sequences of 2 or 3 shows where it will be easy enough to move all their stuff by land. And where there are big geographical jumps, if they have 2 or 3 complete stages, then they can probably even be moved by land then by drivers working shifts. I say watch this space. I’m in the US 7-23 June so hopefully I can get to at least 1 show.

But all depends on Mick’s treatment/op being a complete success which we all hope for.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:02

Sorry if this was already posted.

Rolling Stones Rescheduled Tour Will Start in July, New Dates to Be Announced 'In the Next Couple of Weeks'

4/1/2019 by Dave Brooks , Gil Kaufman

The band's set at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on May 2 has been canceled and organizers are looking for a replacement.
Fear not Rolling Stones fans -- the iconic rock band is working with their promoter Concerts West to reschedule the North American leg of its No Filter tour following news that Mick Jagger had to postpone the 17-date trek for health reasons.

The Stones should be able to return to the road by July, sources familiar with the tour tell Billboard, which is good news for ticket holders to any of the 16 headline shows the band is playing at 14 North American stadiums.

There is some bad news, however, for fans hoping to see the Stones at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on May 2. Billboard has confirmed the band will have to miss the show and that organizers are currently looking for a replacement.

But the remainder of the tour, including the band's stop at Burl’s Creek Event Grounds in Oro-Medonte, Canada, will likely take place at a later date.

"We're beginning to look at the rescheduling options and we’re going to try and do this as quickly as we can," says John Meglen, co-CEO of Concerts West, which is promoting the April-to-June North American tour that was supposed to kick off April 20 in Miami.

"Everyone’s health and happiness comes first," Meglen tells Billboard, adding the new dates for the tour could be announced "in the next couple of weeks."

The 10-week tour had been scheduled to visit mostly NFL stadiums, which are generally not busy during summer months and can be booked up until the first week of the 2019-2020 season, which begins Sept. 5, 2019. It's possible that the tour could play all 16 shows if it started in early July, but the tour might have to be condensed from ten weeks to eight weeks in order for it to wrap before football starts. It's also possible some of the dates could happen at the beginning of the NFL season if the home team was playing an away game, or the concert was scheduled to take place mid-week.

Postponing a stadium tour can involve significant costs with millions of dollars spent on advertisting and venue deposits, as well as the production costs of building and staging the massive touring show. Rescheduling the tour comes with significantly less obstacles and costs than canceling the tour, as Paul Bassman with Ascend Insurance -- which provides policies for touring shows and events (but did not insure the No Filter tour) -- explains. If Concerts West is able to get new dates at the same host venues, the main expense for the roadies, touring companies and production teams from the delay is the time and opportunity they're potentially missing out on for work they could be doing after the tour concludes.

"There's salaries to be accounted for as well as people that will need to be sent home and later returned. There are production expenses and flights and all of the logistical costs of putting on a huge show," says Bassman, who adds that as long as the policy didn't have any language about pre-existing conditions, most of the costs would be covered.

According to the New York Post, Jagger is set to undergo heart valve replacement surgery in New York and is expected to make a full recovery. The procedure, which previously required open heart surgery, can now be done through blood vessel access using new medical technologies, which can significantly reduce recovery time. Billboard reached out to a band spokesperson for comment, but did not hear back at time of publishing.

On Saturday, the Stones released a statement detailing their decision to postpone the tour, which has double dates planned in New York (June 13, 17) and Chicago (June 21, 25). The postponement could also mean the band misses is set at New Orlean's Jazz Festival on May 2, as well as the recently added show planned for Canada Day weekend in Ontario on June 29.

Jagger, 75 -- who is expected to make a full recovery -- apologized profusely for the postponements on Twitter, without specifying what ails him. He stressed that he was "devastated," but insisted that he'll be "working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can."

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:05

I'm VERY squeamish about Mick rushing back to hit July dates. This surgery is NOT trivial, and recovery is important for someone at his age.

Do I WANT to see the Stones this year? Hell yes, but not at the expense of Mick's health. I know he's a very measured, logical person, so I doubt he'd put his health in jeopardy, but this just seems awfully fast to me.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:10

Thanks, Cristiano, reassuring news about the medical procedure Mick is reportedly going to undergo.

These new tour dates, if they hold, will actually work out better for me. But we'll see. I'm sure Mick isn't going to rush back to the stage if his doctor's and his family don't feel that he is ready.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:12

keefriff99
I'm VERY squeamish about Mick rushing back to hit July dates. This surgery is NOT trivial, and recovery is important for someone at his age.

Do I WANT to see the Stones this year? Hell yes, but not at the expense of Mick's health. I know he's a very measured, logical person, so I doubt he'd put his health in jeopardy, but this just seems awfully fast to me.

Me too.

Date: April 2, 2019 03:23

What are the odds of getting a little heads up here before the new dates are published I save a ton of money on hotels being able to reserve a room before the general public knows.

Date: April 2, 2019 03:26

keefriff99

I am too. Thanks as always to Cristiano, IORR’s very own Rolling Stones Media Radar. He misses nothing! I won’t be seeing any shows if the tour begins in July. A 2 week Stones-less holiday in the US it is.

I can see a much more cautious tour this year with Mick pacing himself very carefully with possibly 3 songs for Keith and 18 song sets. As you say, he’s s very measured and controlled person and will do the right thing, including not touring at all if need be.

Last year, here in the U.K. especially he was as wild as ever, amazing the crowds with his movement.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:27

mick will have the best doctor there is. he would be the person choosing the doctor, right? not the tour insurance company? all this seems serious enough, kinda not happy about hearing how fast the tour is gonna start after this "postponement". it's only natural news like this would leak (if accurate) just wish we could have found out after everything is done and good. quick recovery, mick! wishing all the nurses are of the supermodel variety.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:29

jumpontopofmebaby
What are the odds of getting a little heads up here before the new dates are published I save a ton of money on hotels being able to reserve a room before the general public knows.

It's summer. Everything's $$$ and/or sold out already.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:37

Of course I booked a regular non musical vacation in July...i hope the California dates are at the end of the rescheduled tour. Fall would be better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 04:04 by Woz.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:46

keefriff99
I'm VERY squeamish about Mick rushing back to hit July dates.

You got that right. The Billboard story is just tempting fate. The Stones camp seems almost desperate to push the "no big deal" narrative.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:51

Do the other band members medical checks have an expiration date on them?
*snicker but really, run any of us under the x-ray machine God knows I don’t want to know, lol.
Frick July.
Too soon mates. And hot.

ETA: I don’t know anything about recovery times for this and that not an MD
and no doubt fit fit fit Jagger could do anything he put his mind
He really is an athlete.

So, come back in July... to a small stage? We cut off all the runways. No ramps. Cage him in.
LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 04:07 by 35love.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 04:03

An artificial heart valve?! He’ll be fiiiiiine!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 2, 2019 04:11

I prefer the rumored July-early Sept dates personally, but like others am concerned about Mick pushing himself.

A bit ironically, the buddy I'm traveling to several shows with just had a similar procedure done, discovered after we bought tickets etc, and we were concerned about him being up for all the walking from the parking lot and up the stairs type issues.. cool smiley

The Denver, Seattle, and perhaps Santa Clara dates, which look like potentially the last of the tour when rescheduled, would all be the most mild weather wise of the tour, with daytime highs turning to great late summer comfortable evenings.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 2, 2019 04:28

It's fairly routine heart surgery. His docs are top shelf. He's in excellent shape for 75. I'm assuming it'll all be fine until I hear otherwise.

But I'd put the tour on hold for a year. Summer's too hot, fall's too cold. Reschedule for next year's Jazzfest.

In the meantime, be glad it's not a colostomy. Then we'd get a load of Mick Bagger memes.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: April 2, 2019 04:31

I also remain skeptical about the July tour date. Either Stones' management is implementing a secret plan to kill off Mick, or maybe they just don't want a tidal wave of ticket refund requests.

July in Miami is crazy. It gets unbearably hot very early in July, plus the chance of thunderstorms really begins to crank up in late May. It doesn't matter that it's an evening show, since fans will start to arrive in the late afternoon, which means many will need medical assistance by dusk. Plus, Dolphins Stadium is much closer to the Everglades than the ocean, so you won't get any ocean cooling or pleasant breeze. The air over the Everglades heats and rises all day, so as soon as the Sun sets, the collapsing air column delivers a brutal pizza oven breeze until late evening. That's not to mention that with the stifling heat and humidity comes mosquitoes the size of cattle.

If a July start in Miami doesn't kill Mick, it will certainly kill more than a few fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 04:34 by 5stringTele.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 2, 2019 04:32

DeanGoodman
keefriff99
I'm VERY squeamish about Mick rushing back to hit July dates.

You got that right. The Billboard story is just tempting fate. The Stones camp seems almost desperate to push the "no big deal" narrative.

Like putting the cart before the horse...he hasn't even had surgery yet, and they're already looking at alternative dates starting in July?
Seems they (Stones, promoters, etc.) should be taking this one step at a time, and while it's great they're all being totally positive about his recovery, seems a bit premature to start thinking new dates.
He's 75 years old, and while he's in excellent health for a man his age (relatively speaking), he's not Superman and this isn't a walk in the park.
Whenever the words 'heart' and 'surgery' are used in the same sentence, seems proceeding with patience and caution is the wisest way forward.

5stringTele
I also remain skeptical about the July tour date...maybe they just don't want a tidal wave of ticket refund requests.

That thought also crossed my mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 04:35 by Hairball.

Date: April 2, 2019 04:41

MisterDDDD
I prefer the rumored July-early Sept dates personally, but like others am concerned about Mick pushing himself.

A bit ironically, the buddy I'm traveling to several shows with just had a similar procedure done, discovered after we bought tickets etc, and we were concerned about him being up for all the walking from the parking lot and up the stairs type issues.. cool smiley

The Denver, Seattle, and perhaps Santa Clara dates, which look like potentially the last of the tour when rescheduled, would all be the most mild weather wise of the tour, with daytime highs turning to great late summer comfortable evenings.[/quote

Houston has a roof so they can turn the air on if needed Chicago average hi 82 low at NIGHT in the 70’s actually perfect temp to me. Same with upper east coast. I think the only shows that might be too hot are the Florida shows. Not sure about the California shows. But doesn’t it get cool in the evening in the Arizona desert. Zip code I did Dallas / Nashville / Kansas City all in June and all hot days but when the sun goes down and the Stones come out it was perfect outside. Also increased beer sales! July / August / September will be fine. I think after doing this for 50 plus years I am pretty sure they kind of have a clue what they are doing

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 04:59

He just needs to decide if he wants a mechanical valve or a pig valve. The pig valve is probably the way to go...(lol) He’s gonna be just fine. Will have more energy.

Date: April 2, 2019 05:06

jumpontopofmebaby
MisterDDDD

The Denver, Seattle, and perhaps Santa Clara dates, which look like potentially the last of the tour when rescheduled, would all be the most mild weather wise of the tour, with daytime highs turning to great late summer comfortable evenings.[/quote

Houston has a roof so they can turn the air on if needed Chicago average hi 82 low at NIGHT in the 70’s actually perfect temp to me. Same with upper east coast. I think the only shows that might be too hot are the Florida shows. Not sure about the California shows. But doesn’t it get cool in the evening in the Arizona desert. Zip code I did Dallas / Nashville / Kansas City all in June and all hot days but when the sun goes down and the Stones come out it was perfect outside. Also increased beer sales! July / August / September will be fine. I think after doing this for 50 plus years I am pretty sure they kind of have a clue what they are doing

Glendale has a roof also. So one more where the temperature is not a issue

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 2, 2019 05:40

potus43
Thank God we have all these "medical experts" here. The one who claimed to be a MD, of course, was way off in his "diagnosis.
I wasn’t that far off I said it could be cardiac, dumbass. And I’m not claiming to be an M.D. I am one.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home