Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 1, 2019 17:11

35love
I thank the RS for giving the paparazzi photo snaps
because I really enjoy seeing Ronnie’s twins, Sally,
and more shots of Mick I’m so glad he has little Dev, Melanie,
it’s gonna be alright.
And KEEF keepin’ it real.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

I, too, take solace in these photos...

Whatever is wrong with Mick, I am relieved to see the families enjoying life together.
Long live The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 1, 2019 17:14

Maybe this has been posted already, but I just made the rounds on the ticket brokers and TM to see how markets/sites are reacting, and tickpick.com has a window that pops up that says something like "please note: this event is scheduled for next year"

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: April 1, 2019 17:23

mrjones
Not sure about the credibility of the Mirror?? Is that like the daily mail?? Anyhow they say Mick back in 6 weeks.video: [www.mirror.co.uk]
Probably B.S.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 1, 2019 17:41

If this illness is something simple they would tell you, simple being some musculoskeletal condition like tendonitis,a sprain etc. I suspect that they discovered some sort of blood dyscrasia or a mass on the prostate or something, things that you may have but you would not necessarily feel bad or have symptoms.
Perhaps he has a dysrhythmia like atrial fibrillation. Or he needs a pacemaker. And before you all attack me, I am a physician with 37 years practice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 17:44 by donvis.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 17:50

donvis
If this illness is something simple they would tell you, simple being some musculoskeletal condition like tendonitis,a sprain etc. I suspect that they discovered some sort of blood dyscrasia or a mass on the prostate or something, things that you may have but you would not necessarily feel bad or have symptoms.
Perhaps he has a dysrhythmia like atrial fibrillation. Or he needs a pacemaker. And before you all attack me, I am a physician with 37 years practice.

100%

Some sort of condition that he did not know he had, likely will not become a serious concern if dealt with immediately.

As Ronnie and others have mentioned, I'm sure we will see him in a matter of weeks good as new.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:05

None of our business is it .

Yes, those affected by the postponed shows have a right to know that there is a genuine medical reason ... but the nature of it is quite rightly private.

Trouble is that the perceived secrecy then prompts all kinds of speculation...

...and there'll be so much of it that somebody is bound to be right confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 18:11 by Spud.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:12

donvis

Yeah,really????
Jeroen

Date: April 1, 2019 18:13

Give MICK SOME PEACE N REST. HE WILL BE FINE.
jeroen

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:15

Drudge Report is saying heart valve surgery.

[www.drudgereport.com]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:20

Can't we just leave him alone to get sorted ?

The common thread seems to be that he will be OK soon ...so let's just settle down and stop fussing.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:21

35love
I thank the RS for giving the paparazzi photo snaps
because I really enjoy seeing Ronnie’s twins, Sally,
and more shots of Mick I’m so glad he has little Dev, Melanie,
it’s gonna be alright.
And KEEF keepin’ it real.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

So true 35,it’s heartening to see Mick with the kids and ol’ Keith chillin with an “ice tea”.it does let you know things are ok.
Let’s face it,these people mean alot to us.The music and the things they’ve said and done over the years has kept us inspired,entertained and amazed for decades.
It could be someone learning guitar when they were young to be like Keith or dropping some bad habits and moving on,”hey Charlie did it so can I”.
Its nonsense to think we wouldn’t get together and talk about it here if something happens to one of them.,these “stop speculating” people are ridiculous.
If something happened to someone important in your everyday life and no one was sure what it was,you wouldn’t wonder aloud what was going on?

The singer Patti Smith said she was once so down she was contemplating suicide and one of the ways she talked herself out of it was “I won’t hear the next Stones album” .just some rock band,far away from the real world celebrities,right?

Date: April 1, 2019 18:25

Very common condition for someone Mick’s age. He’s in great shape and should be able to undergo scope through groin, as opposed to open-heart. He’ll be back on his feet in no time.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:26

donvis
I think you are close to the truth . I suspect something Cardiac or Pulmonary which is very serious . Also the tight lipped and private diagnosis which if it was something minor the Stones would say so . Of all the 4 members to have something happen to, it just blows my Mind that Mick aka Mr. Health and Fitness has something happen to him and it was probably from having to take a physical for the insurance underwriter to issue the policy and they found something on Mick -not Keith , not Ronnie . On the other hand Mick is 75 years old and as much as I would like to think that the Stones are indestructible -they are only human after all . I seriously hope I am wrong but I do not have a good premonition about this at all .

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:31

Recovery Time from an Aortic Valve Replacement

...if Drudge is right.

Mick should come ROARING back.
GO MICK!
GET WELL SOON!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 18:32 by Kurt.

Posted by: Alef ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:35

It could be a scrotal inguinal hernia, which for sure is not something that you can jump around on stage with..

Date: April 1, 2019 18:36

Drudge is usually right about this sort of thing.

Let’s hope Mick is able to get minimally invasive method:
[www.mayoclinic.org]

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:47

Hope whatever it is Mick makes full recovery. Keith had his brain surgery, Ronnie his lung procedure and Charlie his throat procedure if you live long enough your bound to have some medical issues.

Date: April 1, 2019 18:51

MelBelli
Drudge Report is saying heart valve surgery.

[www.drudgereport.com][/quot

Guess thats april fools news. @#$%& m
Jeroen

Date: April 1, 2019 18:52

Think they will do the tour in the fall.
Jetoen

Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:58

I had a heart surgery (aortenaneyrisma) last year. Its a open heart surgery and its very close to this kind of surgery. I'm 53 and in good condition too, but it took at least 3 months before i was able to go on a slow jogging round... I mean, Mick ist doing a concert like a professionel sportsman so i would think it takes longer to get the former condition back for doing these usual Jagger moves. And he is 76 soon. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery!! But i think in case thats true we have to wait minimum 6 months.

Long live the Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 19:00 by icke66.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:08

icke66
I had a heart surgery (aortenaneyrisma) last year. Its a open heart surgery and its very close to this kind of surgery. I'm 53 and in good condition too, but it took at least 3 months before i was able to go on a slow jogging round... I mean, Mick ist doing a concert like a professionel sportsman so i would think it takes longer to get the former condition back for doing these usual Jagger moves. And he is 76 soon. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery!! But i think in case thats true we have to wait minimum 6 months.

Long live the Rolling Stones.

Big difference between the procedure above and heart valve replacement in terms of expected recovery time. If it is a heart valve procedure, recovery time is 4-8 weeks if minimally invasive. My guess would be we see the tour start date moved back by a month, as has been tossed around before the heart valve report came out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 19:09 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:09

I had my Aortic valve replaced with a bovine valve in 2006, back then it was open heart surgery, not sure if they still need to do that anymore. It was 6 days in the hospital and I was up and moving around pretty well shortly after. Can't say how long it will take Mick to recover but he will have the best care money can buy and I can say, from experience, that he will be back and better than ever!

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:11

Alef
It could be a scrotal inguinal hernia, which for sure is not something that you can jump around on stage with..

It was found during check up. Hernia does not make sense from what we know. He would have gone to doctor before that.

Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:13

If it is possible with minimale invasiv surgery than you are right. Lets hope the best for him.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:19

Wishing Mick all the best for a speedy recovery! I am skeptical how feasible it is to reschedule a big tour of football stadiums but I'll remain optimistic until they actually refund me for tickets

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:27

Gaetzi
Wishing Mick all the best for a speedy recovery! I am skeptical how feasible it is to reschedule a big tour of football stadiums but I'll remain optimistic until they actually refund me for tickets

Yeah, they would have to book shows while teams are travelling which could make for an odd path hop scotching through the country. It does seem like this will be pushed to September/October if they re-book it at all.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:32

Mick Jagger is set undergo heart valve replacement surgery in New York this week. This is the reason for the postponement.

Heart surgery

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 19:33 by HomerSimpson.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:35

I read somewhere that sources close to Mick said it's a physical problem, due to athletic training ahead of the tour.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:36

runrudolph
donvis

Yeah,really????
Jeroen
A non-stop erection

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: April 1, 2019 19:41

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2203
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50