Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:14

Get well soon Mick , we want you to get well Mick . So please take good care of yourself no matter what happens ! Health comes before everything and everybody . Get well please !

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:15

hope the recovery goes well, mick.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:20

syrel
In the grand scheme of things, there aren't enough of us travelling fans to make us being livid a material factor in decisions. But I am now wondering whether I will regret some of my cancellations... The more I think about this, the more puzzled I am about how it has been orchestrated. And TM are still selling tickets to venues, just with a date TBD (not helpful for those flying in).

I can't get refunds on the flights, however, so if they have some shows in late June I could still arrange something. If they start on 2nd July, however, then I really will be livid!!

syrel

I've cancelled nothing because most of what I've booked is non refundable anyway. I fancy a trip over, Stones or not. If the tour restarts before or between my travel dates of June 7-24, then I'll look into getting flights or buses to wherever they are. I'm flying into Boston and back out from New York and you can get transport connections to just about anywhere from both of those cities.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:34

I was flying over twice... I am going to visit San Francisco and Seattle as I've always wanted to visit them anyway. I was also doing New York/Chicago/Ontario. I won't fly back to visit them so cancelled my refundable accommodation.

syrel

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:53

Nice photos, thank you for sharing them!

Sometimes it feels a bit absurd to think what Mick Jagger still does. Training like an athlete to keep his body in condition to accomplish its task on stage. A 75 years old guy! I mean, all 'real' athletes and dancers, and whoever who based their career on physical condition, would have had retired decades earlier, but this guy just pushes hard still, like the age means nothing.. And not like any smart person of his age just to keep one's body in condition to function properly in daily routines, but in order to 'move like Jagger', to put that a two hour show convincingly in the front of some 50 000 people... Is there anyone in the world like him?

I wouldn't be surprised that after training hard once again for another tour, his body might have reacted a bit, and the doctors say 'look, Sir, you need to give your body a rest for while'. And now Mick, after having the adrenaline going strong for the upcoming going in his body, with an itchy feet, is 'working hard' to do nothing, just to stay still... (this wasn't speculation what has happened now, but more like a general observation stemming from the thought that Sir Mick is a normal mortal after all, and that sort of thing could have happened any moment...)

I guess that for quite many people of his age that lovely photo of him with his family on the beach might be the only way of life and quality time one needs, seeks and desires... No doubt Mick loves it too, but I have the picture that he is there forced to hold his horses back...

But in any case, one can take this as a warning - the day when Mick Jagger cannot 'move like Jagger' cannot be that faraway. There needs to be certain laws of nature applying for him, too. And when that day comes, anyone knowing a bit about the band knows that there is no any longer a live act called The Rolling Stones. Mick Jagger, with his proudness and professionalsim, will never reduce his act - he will not need our empathy, our love for him, when sitting in a wheelchair and singing 'Jumpin'Jack Flash', but our adoration of what he actually does. He has has very strong standards for that.

When facing these mortal kind of things (which, thankfully, wasn't such fatal as they first might have sounded like), also some positive things occur. The luxury of complaining the artistic features of The Stones today, such as set lists, the lack of new album, does seem to take a second seat for a while. It is good that people are taking the Stones so seriously in the sense of hoping from them - the guys facing their 80 years soon - 'more' than what they are willing or able to give. But at the same time that attitude might also needs a bit of 'reality check'. It will not be now, but not that far in future that when all of that 'complaining' about some semantical features might look a bit ridiculous, and then people would love to be in that privileged position again to 'complain' about their upgoing doings.

Personally I made that peace with myself about ten years ago, after having analyzed to death a thing I called at the time as 'Vegas Era' and of its artistic merits (or the lack of them). The biggest problem I discover was the guy with his dated concepts facing me in the mirror. After that I've been just grateful for anything this band has offered ever since. Actually it's been wonderful times, not just having an opportunity to see them live if I have wanted (even with Mick Taylor, for god's sake!), or to get an incredible blues album (an old harcore fan wet dream), but also having those numerous vault releases, which for years sounded something the band (Mick) didn't have any interest in (another old fan dream, and SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS alone was a total bomb!). Keef's solo album was also a nice bonus. Yep, I could criticise, like I surely have done, some of the features in all of those projects (why Taylor was not used more, why this and that cut didn't or did make, say, EXILE or SOME GIRLS bonus album, why Keef is such an old fart relying musically just on his PR persona, etc.), but that's pretty privileged stuff to do under the sun!

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 15:06 by Doxa.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:56

They can’t reveal the reason because of ticket sales. They want to maintain sales and minimize refunds. If it is just a small injury they better have a doctor say that. Stop the speculations.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:02

Doxa

Sometimes it feels a bit absurd to think what Mick Jagger still does. Training like an athlete to keep his body in condition to accomplish its task on stage. A 75 years old guy! I mean, all 'real' athletes and dancers, and whoever who based their career on physical condition, would have had retired decades earlier, but this guy just pushes hard still, like the age means nothing.. And not like any smart person of his age just to keep one's body in condition to function properly in daily routines, but in order to 'move like Jagger', to put that a two hour show convincingly in the front of some 50 000 people... Is there anyone in the world like him?

I wouldn't be surprised that after training hard once again for another tour, his body might have reacted a bit, and the doctors say 'look, Sir, you need to give your body a rest for while'. And now Mick, after having the adrenaline going strong for the upcoming going in his body, with an itchy feet, is 'working hard' to do nothing, just to stay still... (this wasn't speculation what has happened now, but more like a general observation stemming from the thought that Sir Mick is a normal mortal after all, and that sort of thing could have happened any moment...)

I guess that for quite many people of his age that lovely photo of him with his family on the beach might be the only way of life and quality time one needs, seeks and desires... No doubt Micks loves it too, but I have the picture that he is there forced to hold his horses back...

But in any case, one can take this as a warning - the day when Mick Jagger cannot 'move like Jagger' cannot be that faraway. There needs to be certain laws of nature applying for him, too. And when that day comes, anyone knowing a bit about the band knows that there is no any longer a live act called The Rolling Stones. Mick Jagger, with his proudness and professionalsim, will never reduce his act - he will not need our empathy, our love for him, when sitting in a wheelchair and singing 'Jumpin'Jack Flash', but our adoration of what he actually does. He has has very strong standards for that.

When facing these mortal kind of things (which, thankfully, wasn't such fatal as they first might have sounded like), also some positive things occur. The luxury of complaining the artistic features of The Stones today, such as set lists, the lack of new album, does seem to take a second seat for a while. It is good that people are taking the Stones so seriously in the sense of hoping from them - the guys facing their 80 years soon - 'more' than what they are willing or able to give. But at the same time that attitude might also needs a bit of 'reality check'. It will not be now, but not that far in future that when all of that 'complaining' about some semantical features might look a bit ridiculous, and then people would love to be in that privileged position again to 'complain' about their upgoing doings.

Personally I made that peace with myself about ten years ago, after having analyzed to death a thing I called at the time as 'Vegas Era' and of its artistic merits (or the lack of them). The biggest problem I discover was the guy with his dated concepts facing me in the mirror. After that I've been just grateful for anything this band has offered ever since. Actually it's been wonderful times, not just having an opportunity to see them live if I have wanted (even with Mick Taylor, for god's sake!), or to get an incredible blues album (an old harcore fan wet dream), but also having those numerous vault releases, which for years sounded something the band (Mick) didn't have any interest in (another old fan dream, and SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS alone was a total bomb!). Keef's solo album was also a nice bonus. Yep, I could criticise, like I surely have done, some of the features in all of those projects (why Taylor was not used more, why this and that cut didn't or did make, say, EXILE or SOME GIRLS bonus album, why Keef is such an old fart relying musically just on his PR persona, etc.), but that's pretty privileged stuff to do under the sun!

- Doxa

thumbs up
Thoughts that many of us would share, but some might struggle to express with clarity.

Thanks Doxa for that.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:18

It could of course be anything related to age. Maybe the hips?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:22

syrel
I was flying over twice... I am going to visit San Francisco and Seattle as I've always wanted to visit them anyway. I was also doing New York/Chicago/Ontario. I won't fly back to visit them so cancelled my refundable accommodation.

syrel

Lot going on that week in Seattle, syrel.
Neil Young, Tedeschi Trucks, Lisa Fischer all in town (going to Lisa's Thurs. show with another fan feel free to join if inclined, dinner show, good table)

I've cancelled nothing for the tour yet.
If the tour remains the same I will likely be going to the same shows and would gladly keep the tickets I've already purchased. All my accommodations are cancelable without fees, the only issue for me is airfare. I figure that when they reschedule it may be easier/cheaper to do a date change as opposed to cancelation.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:26

Doxa

Well said Doxa, agree with this perspective completely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 15:59 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:33

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 19:17 by Natlanta.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:44

Doxa

I guess that for quite many people of his age that lovely photo of him with his family on the beach might be the only way of life and quality time one needs, seeks and desires... No doubt Mick loves it too, but I have the picture that he is there forced to hold his horses back...

- Doxa

Like always: Wise words from Doxa.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:46

Redhotcarpet
They can’t reveal the reason because of ticket sales. They want to maintain sales and minimize refunds. If it is just a small injury they better have a doctor say that. Stop the speculations.

It has to be something like that indeed but the strategy seems flawed, who's going to be buying $x00 tickets now for a show that WILL (as per the PR) be rescheduled so at a date unknown ! And it's not like they're offering a discount ?

It could be a stress fracture if he's been running a lot to work on his endurance and that does indeed require that you take it easy but again, why not disclose it, silly really.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:52

grzegorz67
syrel
In the grand scheme of things, there aren't enough of us travelling fans to make us being livid a material factor in decisions. But I am now wondering whether I will regret some of my cancellations... The more I think about this, the more puzzled I am about how it has been orchestrated. And TM are still selling tickets to venues, just with a date TBD (not helpful for those flying in).

I can't get refunds on the flights, however, so if they have some shows in late June I could still arrange something. If they start on 2nd July, however, then I really will be livid!!

syrel

I've cancelled nothing because most of what I've booked is non refundable anyway. I fancy a trip over, Stones or not. If the tour restarts before or between my travel dates of June 7-24, then I'll look into getting flights or buses to wherever they are. I'm flying into Boston and back out from New York and you can get transport connections to just about anywhere from both of those cities.

I have the same problem.
.no refundable flights and hotels..its in June
Hope ...maybe they rescheduled the same dates in June

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:53

So Keith's there, watching Mick to play with his family on the beach, thinking 'thank's a lot, pal, we had a great tour facing us, but what the hell I suppose to do now on my own. Told old lady I will not come home soon, and sure as hell, I won't. Woody's no fun for anything any longer, and those young guys know nothing... shit, I drink alone.'grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 15:56 by Doxa.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:56

When was the last time Keith was pictured with a lager and not one of those red, plastic cups?

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:58

Not sure about the credibility of the Mirror?? Is that like the daily mail?? Anyhow they say Mick back in 6 weeks.video: [www.mirror.co.uk]

Date: April 1, 2019 15:59

No doubt Charlie went straight home. No photos of him anywhere.

Date: April 1, 2019 16:08

Doxa

That's no Jack Daniels on the Rocks, that's cold Tea.

Date: April 1, 2019 16:23

Mick is well. We just need to wait new shows dates.
Sadly all my tour planes were ruined, I will lost lots of money. But is the risk of the game. Let´s start again.

Date: April 1, 2019 16:24

gotdablouse

It has to be something like that indeed but the strategy seems flawed, who's going to be buying $x00 tickets now for a show that WILL (as per the PR) be rescheduled so at a date unknown ! And it's not like they're offering a discount ?

The premium prices on the shows I've been monitoring HAVE been dropping. I'm guessing that the automatic pricing algorithm has noticed that no one is buying for some reason...

Date: April 1, 2019 16:25

MisterDDDD

Lot going on that week in Seattle, syrel.
Neil Young, Tedeschi Trucks, Lisa Fischer all in town (going to Lisa's Thurs. show with another fan feel free to join if inclined, dinner show, good table)

Thanks, but am flying out on Thursday. Am going to one of the Young shows.

syrel

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: April 1, 2019 16:27

schwonek

Guys, relax. It is good to be anywhere!

Did the dyed hair already wash out?

Date: April 1, 2019 16:30

snorton
schwonek

Guys, relax. It is good to be anywhere!

Did the dyed hair already wash out?

Keith hasn't bothered to dye his hair for years. Quite a few artists of that vintage no longer bother - Paul McCartney having recently joined them.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 1, 2019 16:35

grzegorz67
No doubt Charlie went straight home. No photos of him anywhere.

The man is busy drawing a sketch of his bed and rearranging his socks.

Date: April 1, 2019 16:40

TheflyingDutchman
Doxa

That's no Jack Daniels on the Rocks, that's cold Tea.

Never seen tea with a foam head on it...

Besides Keith needs to stay in training too.smileys with beer

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 1, 2019 16:52

Alef
But why not disclose what it is, if it is insignificant.
Maybe something to do with the private parts.

Yeah let’s have ‘em flash us, give us a look eye rolling smiley
Good grief.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 16:56

Remember Keith first announced he was done dying his hair prior to the B2B tour in 1997, so he hasn't exactly been consistent on this matter:

Keith Richards’ hair is now, suddenly, authentically gray-white. He can explain. “The last tour, I was talked into ‘keeping it constant,’ so they kept putting this crap in,” he says. “I got sick of that stuff. This is the way it’s going to stay. I just couldn’t be bothered to fake it.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 16:58

grzegorz67
Keith hasn't bothered to dye his hair for years. Quite a few artists of that vintage no longer bother - Paul McCartney having recently joined them.
Well he CLEARLY dyed it recently. He was pure gray last year.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 1, 2019 17:00

I thank the RS for giving the paparazzi photo snaps
because I really enjoy seeing Ronnie’s twins, Sally,
and more shots of Mick I’m so glad he has little Dev, Melanie,
it’s gonna be alright.
And KEEF keepin’ it real.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 116

This Thread has been closed