Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 1, 2019 06:17

YEA!

the Rolling Stones' US tour - as he recuperates in Miami and tells friends he 'feels great'

Thank You Mick for letting us know, We Love You

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
(source and pictures)

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 1, 2019 06:19

2014Slayer
makustone
TELEGRAPH UK
Mick Jagger suffers a "physical injury" during the preparations for the tour.
The sources have confirmed to The Telegraph that Jagger is in good health, but in reality he only got injured after training for shows.
Despite fans' panic about the long-term health of the rock star, sources have confirmed to The Telegraph that Jagger enjoys perfect health, but in reality he only got injured after training for shows.
A source close to Jagger, who follows a strict diet and exercise regimen, said: "It's not a mysterious illness, it's a physical injury as a result of his strenuous preparations prior to the tour." Doctors have told him to take it. The tour will be postponed for about a month and promoters AEG Presents / Concerts West told the fans that their tickets will still be valid at the rescheduled concerts.

Great news if it is true! Maybe some of the scheduled concerts will stay in place. We are not cancelling anything yet!

They're all postponed already.

Date: April 1, 2019 06:22

Another article ‘The Sun’
says Mick ‘feels great’ resting
He should ring Princess Kate
and get season 3 ‘Crown’
What is taking so long?
So glad Mick is feeling well soooooooo glad
Ha (edit) here is my Sun source
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 06:24 by 35love.

Date: April 1, 2019 06:25

Oops I’m sorry I’ve been offline
Truthfully I have been emotional
over the news.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 1, 2019 06:30

babyblue
tumblinbrian
Just 2 thoughts on this

Personal health issue is Micks private business.
However an injury while training I would think he would admit to his fans.

And a summer tour of the USA?
Oppressive heat and thunderstorms?
Doubt it

Fall more likely.

Can't be Fall tour thats Sept to Nov. Too cold for stadiums, I say July to Sept. Oct is hurricane month

Stones usual tour in the Fall.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: April 1, 2019 06:39

stanlove
coloradocanyons
OneHourPhoto
MisterDDDD
schwonek

NFL schedules aren't out yet, but pre-season games start in early August.
Probably be good through the LA show, but would be dependent on schedule after that.

They don't get publically released for another 3 weeks, but the teams, venues, and booking agencies know at this point (and probably for awhile) game dates and other "dark" dates

Yes, while the "official" dates should be release in early April, we do know that preseason should start around August 11, regular season September 5. The biggest issue is which fields are grass. Rose Bowl. Miami. Levi's Stadium. Solder Field. Denver. Seattle. Gillete. Phoenix. etc. Grass can be replaced rather quickly these days but is VERY expensive.

So more dates earlier in the week at grass stadiums is a good guess.

And more northern dates first unless they want people to fry.

I keep seeing this point about the NFL but teams only play half their games at home. This really should not be a big problem. The Stones have toured during Football season numerous times. Since 1981 I would think almost everytime. For example both their 1981 and 1989 tours started in Sept which is Football season.

Well yes,

but is's April (tomorrow).

The 1981/89 tours also had arena's/indoor stadiums as well. Unless they are willing to reduce their net per show smaller venues will not work.

Mick voice is more susceptible to weather conditions than then.

I think they would highly prefer not to change cities otherwise refunds through all sales channels are required.

Doable maybe...will see. I am guessing several cities may change other than the obvious of New Orleans.

As always, hope for the best.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: April 1, 2019 07:24

Please just stop guessing around and spreading rumours!
There really isn't anything left to say at the moment, but I am sure we somehow manage to equal the total page count of the New album thread with about as much nonesense..
Mick will let you know when he gets better, until then let's just maintain some calm.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 1, 2019 07:44

I believe NOTHING until I hear it from Mick himself!

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: April 1, 2019 07:52

Here is a post found on The Data Lounge Forum, posted by Anonymous:

"" Despite panic from fans about the long-term health of the rock star, sources have confirmed to The Telegraph that Jagger is in perfectly good health, but has in fact only injured himself after training for shows.

A source close to Jagger, who follows a strict diet and exercise regime, said: “It’s not a mystery illness, it’s a physical injury as a result of his strenuous pre-tour preparations. Doctors have told him to take it easy and to concentrate on his recovery.“, ""

Date: April 1, 2019 07:56

Mick Jagger Feels Great

IT'S ONLY CROCK 'N ROLL

Rolling Stones legend Mick Jagger ‘feels great’ despite mystery illness forcing him to cancel gigs and is ‘bored’ of resting in Miami

The rock icon, 75, announced on Saturday that he would not be able to take to the stage with the Rolling Stones as planned after a routine scan alerted doctors to an issue which could require treatment

By Simon Boyle, Bizarre Editor

31st March 2019, 11:38 pm

Updated: 31st March 2019, 11:42 pm

SIR Mick Jagger is “frustrated” at being forced to postpone The Rolling Stones’ upcoming tour dates, telling bandmates and friends he “feels absolutely great” despite a mystery medical concern.

The rock icon, 75, announced on Saturday that he would not be able to take to the stage as planned after a routine scan alerted doctors to an issue which could require treatment.

But those close to the group said he is already “bored” after being forced to rest by medics in Miami, where he is being supported by his bandmates and ballerina girlfriend Melanie Hamrick, 32.

A band source said: “He’s massively frustrated, he wants to be getting back out there and at this moment in time he’s feeling absolutely fine.

“Of course he has taken the medical advice on board, but he looks after himself well and feels totally capable at this moment in time.

“He’s optimistic he won’t be laid up for long, and at the moment he’s just hanging out in Miami with the other guys.”

Reports online incorrectly suggested Mick had in fact suffered a “physical injury”, but this understood to be incorrect.

Announcing the delays to the US and Canadian tour dates this weekend, a statement for the group said: “Unfortunately today the Rolling Stones have had to announce the postponement of their upcoming US and Canada tour dates.

“We apologise for any inconvenience this causes those who have tickets to shows but wish to reassure fans to hold on to these existing tickets, as they will be valid for rescheduled dates, which will be announced shortly.

“Mick has been advised by doctors that he cannot go on tour at this time, as he needs medical treatment.

“The doctors have advised Mick that he is expected to make a complete recovery so that he can get back on stage as soon as possible.”

In a tweet, Jagger said: “I’m so sorry to all our fans in America and Canada with tickets.

“I really hate letting you down like this. I’m devastated for having to postpone the tour but I will be working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can.

"Once again, huge apologies to everyone.”

And bandmates Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood added their support, with Keith writing online: “A big disappointment for everyone but things need to be taken care of and we will see you soon. Mick, we are always there for you!”

The guitarist Ronnie Wood told fans: “We’ll miss you over the next few weeks, but we’re looking forward to seeing you all again very soon.

“Here’s to Mick – thanks for your supportive messages it means to much to us.”

The singer’s issue is understood to have been picked up ahead of a routine pre-tour screening, with a source telling how “something untoward” was spotted which will now require monitoring over the coming month and may require hospital treatment.

The source added: “It’s a setback, but Mick trains like an athlete and looks after himself. He’ll get better quickly.”

The 17-date No Filter tour was due to kick off in Miami on April 20 before ending in Oro-Medonte, Canada, in late June.

It will be pushed back by around a month, with new venues being located and booked in the next few days.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 08:00 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: April 1, 2019 08:00

coloradocanyons
stanlove
coloradocanyons
OneHourPhoto
MisterDDDD
schwonek

NFL schedules aren't out yet, but pre-season games start in early August.
Probably be good through the LA show, but would be dependent on schedule after that.

They don't get publically released for another 3 weeks, but the teams, venues, and booking agencies know at this point (and probably for awhile) game dates and other "dark" dates

Yes, while the "official" dates should be release in early April, we do know that preseason should start around August 11, regular season September 5. The biggest issue is which fields are grass. Rose Bowl. Miami. Levi's Stadium. Solder Field. Denver. Seattle. Gillete. Phoenix. etc. Grass can be replaced rather quickly these days but is VERY expensive.

So more dates earlier in the week at grass stadiums is a good guess.

And more northern dates first unless they want people to fry.

I keep seeing this point about the NFL but teams only play half their games at home. This really should not be a big problem. The Stones have toured during Football season numerous times. Since 1981 I would think almost everytime. For example both their 1981 and 1989 tours started in Sept which is Football season.

Well yes,

but is's April (tomorrow).

The 1981/89 tours also had arena's/indoor stadiums as well. Unless they are willing to reduce their net per show smaller venues will not work.

Mick voice is more susceptible to weather conditions than then.

I think they would highly prefer not to change cities otherwise refunds through all sales channels are required.

Doable maybe...will see. I am guessing several cities may change other than the obvious of New Orleans.

As always, hope for the best.

The only indoor arena show in 1989 was Atlantic City. And the warm-up club show. Some indoor dome stadium shows,sure but,outdoor stadium shows in some of these same cities. Miami, Foxboro, Jacksonville,Philadelphia,and the Washington,D.C. area.

1994 tour started in August. The 1997 tour started in late September (just as in 1981). The 2002 tour started in early September. The 2005 tour started in late August. The 2006 Fall Tour started during the second half of September.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 1, 2019 08:50

If the tour was only being delayed 'about a month', why would they have postponed the dates at the end of the tour? They could quite easily have started the tour schedule from, say, Landover, and then added rescheduled dates at the end.

syrel

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 1, 2019 09:03

syrel
If the tour was only being delayed 'about a month', why would they have postponed the dates at the end of the tour? They could quite easily have started the tour schedule from, say, Landover, and then added rescheduled dates at the end.

syrel

There are any number of reasons, but most likely they wish to retain the starting point and routing for this tour.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 1, 2019 09:10

spunky
Mick Jagger might have to sit out a new tour due to illness, but he was all smiles a day after breaking the news ... an encouraging sign, to say the least.

The Rolling Stones frontman was seen hanging at his Miami Beach oceanfront home Sunday -- marking the first time he's been spotted since the band announced they were pulling the plug on their North American tour, which was set to get started in April.

He looks to be in good spirits here, which has got to be a relief to RS fans.
[www.tmz.com]

Who is the blonde?

Date: April 1, 2019 09:19

daspyknows
spunky
Mick Jagger might have to sit out a new tour due to illness, but he was all smiles a day after breaking the news ... an encouraging sign, to say the least.

The Rolling Stones frontman was seen hanging at his Miami Beach oceanfront home Sunday -- marking the first time he's been spotted since the band announced they were pulling the plug on their North American tour, which was set to get started in April.

He looks to be in good spirits here, which has got to be a relief to RS fans.
[www.tmz.com]

Who is the blonde?

His daughter Georgia

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: April 1, 2019 10:18

I am happy that Mick seems to be be in good spirit, that´s a good sign. I wish him a total and quick recovery!

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: April 1, 2019 10:29

Mick ,I wish you a total and quick recovery!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2019 10:48

Well our man seems to be in good spirits at least ! It seems he might be working on his balance on one foot in that last picture ? Physio on the balcony ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 15:35 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 1, 2019 11:48

As ever with celeb health issues, conflicting reports.
As a general rule:

1. Don't take much notice of PR statements: they always put a gloss on things
2. The less information is given, the more you need to worry. If it's a simple injury then no need to be 'secretive ' about it.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 11:59

"He only got injured after training for shows" and something unexpected health issue coming up in the medical check doesn't quite match.
Mick didn't know he got injured during the training before the doctor said it in the check? And postpone ALL the shows for some minor training injury? I truly hope all the best for Mick and his recovery, but something here doesn't add up.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 1, 2019 12:13

According to the DailyMail, this was taken on Sunday.
What physical injury might that be, if you can sit like this?

Date: April 1, 2019 12:20

I have no insider info but from what we know we can say with decent probability

It is not an injury from rehearsals, since it would be manageable within 4-8 weeks and it would not be a problem to disclose it to the media. Also some shows with e.g. limited movement (no running) could be possible.
It is probably something that requires further observation or even medical intervention.
It ain't something very serious, because then the shows would be cancelled, not postponed. Also it has been stated that full recovery is expected. We might not even know about the issue and treatment had it happened outside the tour schedule. Older people simply sometimes need medical care.

We needn't speculate much more. We can wait for Mick to get healthy again. There have been plenty of shows recent years. They can have a small break and then get on the road with success.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 12:22 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 1, 2019 12:32

syrel

syrel

I agree. Maybe they will announce it that way. We will see.

Date: April 1, 2019 12:39

TooTough

According to the DailyMail, this was taken on Sunday.
What physical injury might that be, if you can sit like this?

I will not speculate and guess on his health.
THANKS FOR THE PIC.
Gorgeous family.
Xoxo

Posted by: Alef ()
Date: April 1, 2019 12:59

But why not disclose what it is, if it is insignificant.
Maybe something to do with the private parts.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 1, 2019 13:23

get well Mick <3

video: [youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 1, 2019 13:32

Photos of Mick & Family, Ronnie & family, Keith & Patti all in Miami on Sunday in the Daily Mail website today. Nothing of Charlie, no surprise.

Odd, as usually they immediately head off in different directions when something happens like this postponement. And they had a band dinner on Friday, if you believe the press.

Maybe they decided to stay in town to work on the new album, or maybe they expect to get started on rehearsals soon?

Got to stay optimistic after this weekend!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 13:36

schwonek
syrel

syrel

I agree. Maybe they will announce it that way. We will see.

That would certainly suit me and I'd welcome it as I plan to travel anyway. However, there are probably a lot of travelling fans who've cancelled their travel bookings already and if they reinstated the later dates and venues as they were, they'd be livid.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:13

In the grand scheme of things, there aren't enough of us travelling fans to make us being livid a material factor in decisions. But I am now wondering whether I will regret some of my cancellations... The more I think about this, the more puzzled I am about how it has been orchestrated. And TM are still selling tickets to venues, just with a date TBD (not helpful for those flying in).

I can't get refunds on the flights, however, so if they have some shows in late June I could still arrange something. If they start on 2nd July, however, then I really will be livid!!

syrel

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:13

Guys, relax. It is good to be anywhere!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10