Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:51

American Football starts pre-season in August.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:54

schwonek
So let's say it is really three months. Then they would start in Miami on July 20th - also a Saturday. LA 3rd of August, Foxboro Sep 7th, NJ1 Sep 12th and NJ2 Sep 16th and Canada Sep 28th. Maybe a week less since there will be no Jazzfest.
Will that work with sport schedules?

NFL schedules aren't out yet, but pre-season games start in early August.
Probably be good through the LA show, but would be dependent on schedule after that.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:55

spunky
Mick Jagger might have to sit out a new tour due to illness, but he was all smiles a day after breaking the news ... an encouraging sign, to say the least.

The Rolling Stones frontman was seen hanging at his Miami Beach oceanfront home Sunday -- marking the first time he's been spotted since the band announced they were pulling the plug on their North American tour, which was set to get started in April.

He looks to be in good spirits here, which has got to be a relief to RS fans.
[www.tmz.com]

So this rules out physical injury ?

Date: April 1, 2019 00:59

Thanks for the article and YES it´s a relief (at least for me)!

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 1, 2019 01:02

MisterDDDD
schwonek
So let's say it is really three months. Then they would start in Miami on July 20th - also a Saturday. LA 3rd of August, Foxboro Sep 7th, NJ1 Sep 12th and NJ2 Sep 16th and Canada Sep 28th. Maybe a week less since there will be no Jazzfest.

Probably be good through the LA show, but would be dependent on schedule after that.

They don't get publically released for another 3 weeks, but the teams, venues, and booking agencies know at this point (and probably for awhile) game dates and other "dark" dates

Date: April 1, 2019 01:02

ThroughTheLonelyNights

Indeed.
Thanks for posting thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 1, 2019 01:29

Thanks for the recent pic from TMZ
looks like he’s w/ Georgia Mae
which is cool
kissy kiss Mick

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 1, 2019 01:52

keithsman
DiegoGlimmerStones
"I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week".- Stevie Van Zand.

11:31 a. m. · 31 mar. 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
[twitter.com]

How can it be insignificant, they canceled/postponed a tour for it, that's a bit disrespectful to all the fans that have paid for travel and accommodation to say its insignificant.

Well they mean non-life threatening .. and will have no effect on his performing ability a little down the road is how they mean this. Something he has to simply get over is all... Which is all good news.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:09

steffialicia
GasLightStreet
steffialicia
I believe he's getting medical care in the US. I hope it's not in Florida...just sayin.

You're just sayin... that you hope he doesn't get treatment in Florida.

Which means what? You're 'just sayin' negates that entire statement, yet alone is outright ignorant.

Say what? I now live in Florida and I am not impressed with the medical care here, got it?

What you experience means nothing. Pay attention.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:12

IanBillen
keithsman
DiegoGlimmerStones
"I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week".- Stevie Van Zand.

[twitter.com]

How can it be insignificant, they canceled/postponed a tour for it, that's a bit disrespectful to all the fans that have paid for travel and accommodation to say its insignificant.

Well they mean non-life threatening .. and will have no effect on his performing ability a little down the road is how they mean this. Something he has to simply get over is all... Which is all good news.

Yes brilliant news for sure, really buzzed about it. I just think insignificant was the wrong word to use.

Date: April 1, 2019 02:16

mtaylor
keithsman
DiegoGlimmerStones

[twitter.com]

If the case is physical straneous then I am very upset. Paying flight, hotel etc. He could take it easy the first couple of concerts.... and then back on top. I go for the music and not some silly dance movements.

You know the deal. Doesn't matter what your reasons are for seeing the Stones.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:25

Just postponed for about a month.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:30

Straycat13
Just postponed for about a month.

Where do you have that info? I hope it's reality

Date: April 1, 2019 02:40

OneHourPhoto
MisterDDDD
schwonek

They don't get publically released for another 3 weeks, but the teams, venues, and booking agencies know at this point (and probably for awhile) game dates and other "dark" dates

The NFL pre-season schedule will be out before the regular season schedule.

That would mean that they could book dates up until the first few days of September as soon as that information is available.

Chicago Soldier Field is probably going to be unavailable on September 5th.Probably unavailable in the days leading up to September 5th and a few days after.

Same for Foxborough Gillette Stadium on and around September 8th.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:41

keithsman
spunky
Mick Jagger might have to sit out a new tour due to illness, but he was all smiles a day after breaking the news ... an encouraging sign, to say the least.

The Rolling Stones frontman was seen hanging at his Miami Beach oceanfront home Sunday -- marking the first time he's been spotted since the band announced they were pulling the plug on their North American tour, which was set to get started in April.

He looks to be in good spirits here, which has got to be a relief to RS fans.
[www.tmz.com]

So this rules out physical injury ?

Is this place for real? People actually think that a picture of Jagger smiling rules out anything more serious? Are you people kidding me.

I guess the usual rule is that when someone gets a cancer diagnosis they never smile again for the rest of their life. Is that what you people really believe?

I am not saying he has cancer but a picture of him smiling means nothing at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 03:34 by stanlove.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:43

keithsman
IanBillen
keithsman
DiegoGlimmerStones

[twitter.com]

Yes brilliant news for sure, really buzzed about it. I just think insignificant was the wrong word to use.

I understand your thought .. but I think they wanted to stray away from terms like 'non-life threatening' .. or 'non-disabling' so we do not think .. well hey .. hey could still have a disease or semi-serious health condition or something.

So they chose that as insignificant to his over all health .. not insignificant to the tour or fans etc.

Date: April 1, 2019 02:54

My Stones Friends!!! I'm so happy about the new TMZ picture, great news. I'm so glad to see Mick, he looks amazing now with Georgia, always smiling ;-) Every time Mick will be healthier and more healthier to give the best and most amazing show he can with all of The Stones. God bless Mick and his family, many blessings to all. Just want to say that I love this community of fans, always so supportive and with good heart.

The Rolling Stones - No Filter North American Tour Coming Soon! Oh Yeah!! I'm so excited! <3 ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 02:56 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 1, 2019 03:26

Winning Ugly VXII
OneHourPhoto
MisterDDDD
schwonek

The NFL pre-season schedule will be out before the regular season schedule.

That would mean that they could book dates up until the first few days of September as soon as that information is available.

Chicago Soldier Field is probably going to be unavailable on September 5th.Probably unavailable in the days leading up to September 5th and a few days after.

Same for Foxborough Gillette Stadium on and around September 8th.

I’m hoping they can’t get the dates they need at certain stadiums and some cities they do some arena shows instead.

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: April 1, 2019 03:26

Just 2 thoughts on this

Personal health issue is Micks private business.
However an injury while training I would think he would admit to his fans.

And a summer tour of the USA?
Oppressive heat and thunderstorms?
Doubt it

Fall more likely.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 1, 2019 03:34

TELEGRAPH UK
Mick Jagger suffers a "physical injury" during the preparations for the tour.
The sources have confirmed to The Telegraph that Jagger is in good health, but in reality he only got injured after training for shows.
Despite fans' panic about the long-term health of the rock star, sources have confirmed to The Telegraph that Jagger enjoys perfect health, but in reality he only got injured after training for shows.
A source close to Jagger, who follows a strict diet and exercise regimen, said: "It's not a mysterious illness, it's a physical injury as a result of his strenuous preparations prior to the tour." Doctors have told him to take it. The tour will be postponed for about a month and promoters AEG Presents / Concerts West told the fans that their tickets will still be valid at the rescheduled concerts.

Date: April 1, 2019 03:39

Thanks for posting that makustone, very relieved.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 03:42

It was reported yesterday he will.need 3months for rehab. Now it's only delayed a month?

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 1, 2019 03:49

Mick get some rest...As for the rest of you look up what Mick's dad did for work!!! M

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2019 04:39

Catching up on thread again...seems to be good news - GET WELL MICK!

When will the new dates be announced?!

Date: April 1, 2019 04:43

I know I speculated prostate cancer but then thought about what happened to Bono in 2010 - an injury.

So, let's say it's a stomach muscle issue... not quite Tommy John-esque surgery, which is debilitating (and apparently nothing to do with the stomach muscles but athletes seem to need it for their torso, or something like it), but something that he needs to rest ie not jump around. As in, apparently a no surgery issue.

At the age of 75, things don't heal like they did at 40 or 50, or obviously 60.

The time allotment by doctors is one thing - they are certainly on the side of caution, full well knowing what Jagger does. They aren't @#$%& clowns.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 1, 2019 05:09

MisterDDDD
ThroughTheLonelyNights

Indeed.
Thanks for posting thumbs up

For me too; he looks fit as a fiddle; fit as a fender.
i am relieved. i couldn't jump into the speculation one iota.
but know he's obsessive about this work and takes care of his instrument;
and also know that none of us really know what the next moments may bring;
hopefully peace, care and companionship; he's certainly got the latter two...
...but still i was concerned; and very glad to see him up and smiling;
he sounded and looked great in that insta-gram thing; hopefully the guys
will jam around a bit as long as they're together and things are set up.
hops is a little busy but i could fly over to sing; well, i'd have to ask
my nurse hold on...
...no.

okay. plan b can't work either she's taking the computer and i tr

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 1, 2019 05:33

makustone
TELEGRAPH UK
Mick Jagger suffers a "physical injury" during the preparations for the tour.
The sources have confirmed to The Telegraph that Jagger is in good health, but in reality he only got injured after training for shows.
Despite fans' panic about the long-term health of the rock star, sources have confirmed to The Telegraph that Jagger enjoys perfect health, but in reality he only got injured after training for shows.
A source close to Jagger, who follows a strict diet and exercise regimen, said: "It's not a mysterious illness, it's a physical injury as a result of his strenuous preparations prior to the tour." Doctors have told him to take it. The tour will be postponed for about a month and promoters AEG Presents / Concerts West told the fans that their tickets will still be valid at the rescheduled concerts.

Great news if it is true!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 06:35 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 1, 2019 05:35

tumblinbrian
Just 2 thoughts on this

Personal health issue is Micks private business.
However an injury while training I would think he would admit to his fans.

And a summer tour of the USA?
Oppressive heat and thunderstorms?
Doubt it

Fall more likely.

Can't be Fall tour thats Sept to Nov. Too cold for stadiums, I say July to Sept. Oct is hurricane month

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: April 1, 2019 06:05

OneHourPhoto
MisterDDDD
schwonek

Yes, while the "official" dates should be release in early April, we do know that preseason should start around August 11, regular season September 5. The biggest issue is which fields are grass. Rose Bowl. Miami. Levi's Stadium. Solder Field. Denver. Seattle. Gillete. Phoenix. etc. Grass can be replaced rather quickly these days but is VERY expensive.

So more dates earlier in the week at grass stadiums is a good guess.

And more northern dates first unless they want people to fry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 06:07 by coloradocanyons.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 1, 2019 06:11

coloradocanyons
OneHourPhoto
MisterDDDD
schwonek

Yes, while the "official" dates should be release in early April, we do know that preseason should start around August 11, regular season September 5. The biggest issue is which fields are grass. Rose Bowl. Miami. Levi's Stadium. Solder Field. Denver. Seattle. Gillete. Phoenix. etc. Grass can be replaced rather quickly these days but is VERY expensive.

So more dates earlier in the week at grass stadiums is a good guess.

And more northern dates first unless they want people to fry.

I keep seeing this point about the NFL but teams only play half their games at home. This really should not be a big problem. The Stones have toured during Football season numerous times. Since 1981 I would think almost everytime. For example both their 1981 and 1989 tours started in Sept which is Football season.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 06:15 by stanlove.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2268
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home