Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:18

DiegoGlimmerStones
"I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week".- Stevie Van Zand.

11:31 a. m. · 31 mar. 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
[twitter.com]

Best news of today!

Date: March 31, 2019 22:22

padre69
DiegoGlimmerStones
"I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week".- Stevie Van Zand.

[twitter.com]

Best news of today!

Yes!! ;-) Thank god <3

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:35

Who said health is private?

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:37

lem motlow
Guys,relax.

Mick doesn’t have Fcking cancer or heart problems,if he did the tour would be canceled and the Stones would disappear for the foreseeable future.
He most likely tore an ACL or MCL training for the tour.

s.

If what we know so far is true than this does not make sense. It was reported that it was found during a pre-tour check up. If he did either of the things that you suggested he would have gone to a doctor himself and it would not be found when it was.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:39

DiegoGlimmerStones

[twitter.com]

How can it be insignificant, they canceled/postponed a tour for it, that's a bit disrespectful to all the fans that have paid for travel and accommodation to say its insignificant.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:41

If shows are actually re-scheduled in 2019 and they are move to last summer/early fall...Woodstock 50? Lang took a lot of criticism for the line-up. Could see him going back again to Stones Management with a huge offer to play

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 22:45 by OneHourPhoto.

Date: March 31, 2019 22:47

keithsman
DiegoGlimmerStones

[twitter.com]

How can it be insignificant, they canceled/postponed a tour for it, that's a bit disrespectful to all the fans that have paid for travel and accommodation to say its insignificant.
Any one that follows Springsteen, knows that Van Zandt talks out of his lower body and not his mouth and he tries to place himself into being "in the know"

Date: March 31, 2019 22:47

stanlove
lem motlow
Guys,relax.

Mick doesn’t have Fcking cancer or heart problems,if he did the tour would be canceled and the Stones would disappear for the foreseeable future.

s.

If what we know so far is true than this does not make sense. It was reported that it was found during a pre-tour check up. If he did either of the things that you suggested he would have gone to a doctor himself and it would not be found when it was.

I give up Stan, the BS that gets told hear is just PR, that's what this place is now, controlled PR.
It's obvious it's not a swollen knee ligament or tear, you don't get that news from a medical examination, you get it because you injured your knee, and why in gods name would a injured knee need to be kept private.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 31, 2019 22:56

stanlove
lem motlow
Guys,relax.

s.

If something is found and it requires surgery it’s something. Hardly a busted knee.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 31, 2019 23:00

Ronnie had his cancer picked up in insurance check , tour postponed then back in action fitter than ever. Not such a big load to carry as Mick but no reason to panic just yet About whatever Mick needs to have done - just wish him well for a speedy recovery.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:12

stanlove
lem motlow
Guys,relax.

Mick doesn’t have Fcking cancer or heart problems,if he did the tour would be canceled and the Stones would disappear for the foreseeable future. He most likely tore an ACL or MCL training for the tour.

s.

Not necessarily at all. If during the exam interview with the physician(s), Jagger expressed that he has been feeling (a) or has discomfort (b), this would have prompted further tests, evaluations, etc and thus how it would have been discovered

Date: March 31, 2019 23:30

OneHourPhoto
stanlove
lem motlow
Guys,relax.

Mick doesn’t have Fcking cancer or heart problems,if he did the tour would be canceled and the Stones would disappear for the foreseeable future. He most likely tore an ACL or MCL training for the tour.

s.

Not necessarily at all. If during the exam interview with the physician(s), Jagger expressed that he has been feeling (a) or has discomfort (b), this would have prompted further tests, evaluations, etc and thus how it would have been discovered

OK so why would that be kept private, it doesn't add up.
If Venus Williams pulls out of a grand slam tournament or the rest of the season , she doesn't say it's because it's private, she says it's because i need surgery on my knee, or my hip needs time to recover etc.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:36

keithsman
OneHourPhoto
stanlove
lem motlow
Guys,relax.

s.

If Venus Williams pulls out of a grand slam tournament or the rest of the season , she doesn't say it's because it's private, she says it's because i need surgery on my knee, or my hip needs time to recover etc.

Well first HIPPA, second is above. as of right not Jagger hasn't said anything thus it protected

Date: March 31, 2019 23:40

OneHourPhoto
keithsman
OneHourPhoto
stanlove
lem motlow
Guys,relax.

s.

Well first HIPPA, second is above. as of right not Jagger hasn't said anything thus it protected

Oh i see, sorry, should i delete my post.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 31, 2019 23:48

I came across a youtube video sayin' 'critical condition rushed to hospital' and it's mad how quickly and distasteful wild speculation and exploitation is and i won't get involved in any of it all.
anywhere

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 23:50 by hopkins.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 31, 2019 23:50

Mick Jagger suffering from a 'physical injury' sustained during tour preparations, sources say

By Gabriella Swerling
31 March 2019

Despite panic from fans about the long-term health of the rock star, sources have confirmed to The Telegraph that Jagger is in perfectly good health, but has in fact only injured himself after training for shows.

A source close to Jagger, who follows a strict diet and exercise regime, said: “It’s not a mystery illness, it’s a physical injury as a result of his strenuous pre-tour preparations. Doctors have told him to take it easy and to concentrate on his recovery. “

Full article - [www.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: March 31, 2019 23:54

bye bye johnny
Mick Jagger suffering from a 'physical injury' sustained during tour preparations, sources say

By Gabriella Swerling
31 March 2019

Despite panic from fans about the long-term health of the rock star, sources have confirmed to The Telegraph that Jagger is in perfectly good health, but has in fact only injured himself after training for shows.

A source close to Jagger, who follows a strict diet and exercise regime, said: “It’s not a mystery illness, it’s a physical injury as a result of his strenuous pre-tour preparations. Doctors have told him to take it easy and to concentrate on his recovery. “

Full article - [www.telegraph.co.uk]

Great news if true, "sources say" "A source close to Jagger" isn't much to go on though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 23:56 by keithsman.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 31, 2019 23:59

True enough...but The Telegraph isn't one of those fishwrap tabloids.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 00:06 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:03

Well at least it's consistent with what SVZ said and it's the Telegraph, not The Sun. Still that doesn't explain the mysterious statement of yesterday...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:03

That sounds right, because he said he has to work hard to recover. Probably needs physical therapy after a surgical repair?? May the good Lord be with you, Mick, with whatever you’re going thru. (Make a saint of him, Lord, while You’re at it.)

[youtu.be]
Saint Of Me

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:09

keithsman
DiegoGlimmerStones

[twitter.com]

If the case is physical straneous then I am very upset. Paying flight, hotel etc. He could take it easy the first couple of concerts.... and then back on top. I go for the music and not some silly dance movements.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:09

Get well soon Mick.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:20

This makes sense. He got hurt, was gutting it out, but a doctor told him he'd need surgery (cartilage removed, whatever) or it would get worse.
Again, speculation.

Date: April 1, 2019 00:25

mtaylor
If the case is physical straneous then I am very upset. Paying flight, hotel etc. He could take it easy the first couple of concerts.... and then back on top. I go for the music and not some silly dance movements.

I see we are now at the asinine comment part of the grieving process

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:27

We all know how hard Mick trains himself, especially before tours. And he's 75 - my god - so it could well be some muscle or joint issue. Get well soon Mick and take the times it needs!

And let's not forget this: as we have not yet heard anything else, this means that all other band members have passed the gruelsome tests well! And that's definitely good news, innit!??!! cool smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:38

I agree with the athlete comparison regarding being more specific. Morbid curiosity aside, the fans think of Mick and Co. as family, to some extent, and we sincerely care about them. I can't imagine a world without the Stones, inevitable as it is. Keep us posted, Mick! Hope to see you soon!

Date: April 1, 2019 00:39

mtaylor
keithsman
DiegoGlimmerStones

[twitter.com]

Yes that crossed my mind, Mick is a perfectionist, and if he doesn't feel 100% he would cancel the tour, little does he know that he could just sing at the mic stand and we would love it just as much as all the walking fast and running across the stage.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:43

keithsman
mtaylor
keithsman
DiegoGlimmerStones

[twitter.com]

Yes that crossed my mind, Mick is a perfectionist, and if he doesn't feel 100% he would cancel the tour, little does he know that he could just sing at the mic stand and we would love it just as much as all the walking fast and running across the stage.

Anyone who takes pride in their work would want to be able to give 100%.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:45

So let's say it is really three months. Then they would start in Miami on July 20th - also a Saturday. LA 3rd of August, Foxboro Sep 7th, NJ1 Sep 12th and NJ2 Sep 16th and Canada Sep 28th. Maybe a week less since there will be no Jazzfest.
Will that work with sport schedules?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 1, 2019 00:49

Mick Jagger might have to sit out a new tour due to illness, but he was all smiles a day after breaking the news ... an encouraging sign, to say the least.

The Rolling Stones frontman was seen hanging at his Miami Beach oceanfront home Sunday -- marking the first time he's been spotted since the band announced they were pulling the plug on their North American tour, which was set to get started in April.

He looks to be in good spirits here, which has got to be a relief to RS fans.
[www.tmz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 00:50 by spunky.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home