Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:57

Snab
Interesting article:

[pagesix.com]

Just an FYI for non-Americans (or non-New Yorker Americans), Page Six is widely known to be a piece of crap. Don't count on it for authoritative news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 05:59 by Roscoe.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:58

Imagine being the surgeon tasked with operating on Mick Jagger and knowing the life of one of the world's biggest rock icons rests in your hands... this is why i never wanted to go into medicine!

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: March 31, 2019 06:02

[www.news.com.au]

“a source close to the situation tells Variety that "he's not bed-ridden" and in fact was seen at a Miami restaurant with band members on Friday night.”

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 31, 2019 06:09

keefgotsoul
[www.news.com.au]

“a source close to the situation tells Variety that "he's not bed-ridden" and in fact was seen at a Miami restaurant with band members on Friday night.”

Found something rings close to something like prostate cancer, which does not make one bed ridden.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 31, 2019 06:10

Back in 2015 I said that Buffalo could be the last outdoor stadium show in the USA. So far, it still is.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2019 06:35

The Sicilian
Back in 2015 I said that Buffalo could be the last outdoor stadium show in the USA. So far, it still is.
Meh.
Not of much significance to begin with as they've played other venues here since then and to larger crowds.
Would also be true today with or without the postponement so I suppose the point is you are hoping that one ends up being the last for some obscure historical purpose? I was there, would mean nothing to me.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 31, 2019 06:38

The Sicilian

Desert Trip was outside

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 31, 2019 06:58

So sorry to hear this but when you're in 70s age bracket health is a big concern as anything could happen. I hope you have a full recovery Mick, best wishes. Maybe start up in July or Aug.Maybe start in west and go east. I know that this affects many fans, with me whenever they start up is fine with me. But first get well again.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: March 31, 2019 07:50

aortic aneurysm my had one, recovered quickly.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 31, 2019 09:38

Guys,relax.

Mick doesn’t have Fcking cancer or heart problems,if he did the tour would be canceled and the Stones would disappear for the foreseeable future.
He most likely tore an ACL or MCL training for the tour.

Now the master class in how you stay on top for 50 + years-

If they say what happened and the tour is postponed the story is-“old guy gets hurt,time to hang it up pops”
By leaving out the one detail, the specifics of the problem the frenzy begins.
Right now the internet is buzzing,every news station and all the newspapers are carrying stories “tour postponed ,what’s wrong with Mick.”
A distinct air of concern and intrigue is there.he’ll get it worked on in the next few days,probably by that Dr David Andrews guy who does the NFL players who will give him a timeline and the tour will be rescheduled from there.

Meanwhile the media and all of us will be like puppies waiting for a cookie.they will give the tour dates and an update on Mick.
Everyone will be relieved and also think”man,we better see them while we can”=ticket sales.
It’s called controlling the narrative and nobody does it like the Stones.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 31, 2019 10:01

Markdog
vasectomy? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

i had the same thought but didn't want to be callous. callous is ok though. a little levity to offset the bad news.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 31, 2019 10:08

alieb
Imagine being the surgeon tasked with operating on Mick Jagger and knowing the life of one of the world's biggest rock icons rests in your hands... this is why i never wanted to go into medicine!

One life isn't worth more than another. Anything else would be unethical.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: March 31, 2019 10:19

lem motlow
Guys,relax.

Mick doesn’t have Fcking cancer or heart problems,if he did the tour would be canceled and the Stones would disappear for the foreseeable future.

If they say what happened and the tour is postponed the story is-“old guy gets hurt,time to hang it up pops”
Right now the internet is buzzing,every news station and all the newspapers are carrying stories “tour postponed ,what’s wrong with Mick.”
A distinct air of concern and intrigue is there.he’ll get it worked on in the next few days,probably by that Dr David Andrews guy who does the NFL players who will give him a timeline and the tour will be rescheduled from there.

Meanwhile the media and all of us will be like puppies waiting for a cookie.they will give the tour dates and an update on Mick.
Everyone will be relieved and also think”man,we better see them while we can”=ticket sales.

what is acl or mcl? I hope that what you say is fulfilled and the best of all returns to continue making us happy to those who love him!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 31, 2019 10:43

I just think if it's nothing serious Mick should reveal what's wrong with him, he must know that by not telling the fans what his illness or injury is, it will cause unnecessary speculation, bad move and unnecessary control over the situation, unless he thinks revealing what his illness is will effect ticket sales.
Charlie got back to touring very quickly after two operations for throat cancer, so that can't be ruled out, and of course Mick would be hopeful to reschedule the dates if the prognosis was optimistic. Prostate cancer also is not such a bad thing these days if caught early and of course Mick would intend to return to the stage ASAP. Same with a pacemaker etc, these things happen with age, it's normal, but people get over it should this be the case and Mick will make a speedy recovery i'm sure as he is in great shape. Hopefully it's just a knee injury or something, but as i say, why would he keep that a secret.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 10:59 by keithsman.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: March 31, 2019 10:51

[www.longroom.com]

“An insider suggested that Mick will 'recover quickly', but added that the mystery illness will be monitored and may require medical treatment, according to The Sun.

An insider told the website: 'As happens ahead of every tour, Mick had a routine screening where something untoward was found. It is something that needs monitoring over the next month, and may require hospital treatment.'

'It's a setback, but Mick trains like an athlete and looks after himself. He'll get better quickly.”

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 31, 2019 11:47

keithsman
why would he keep that a secret.

Because it's private

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 31, 2019 11:52

Rolling Hansie
keithsman
why would he keep that a secret.

Because it's private

Yes i know, but in keeping it a secret you get the media circus, people will start saying all kinds of things that are not true. You know what tabloids are like, they will have a field day with this.

Like this article for instance, this isn't saying it's an injury, it says something came up after a routine scan like with Ronnie two years ago.
It's probably completely false, but had Mick revealed to his fans the truth for cancelling the shows they planned to see this speculation would not occur.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 12:07 by keithsman.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: March 31, 2019 12:56

We Love You

[youtu.be]

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 31, 2019 13:01

what is acl or mcl?

Knee ligaments.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 31, 2019 13:29

triceratops
what is acl or mcl?

Knee ligaments.

Don't think they would change the tour so drastically because of ligaments.

He can still sing and move a bit. People coming from distance have bought flight and hotel and not sure everybody can change their holiday plans.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 31, 2019 13:38

whatever it is – it has to be something that came rather quickly. Otherwise they would have not begun with the rehearsals. And it was to be something that can't be cured withhin a few days or two weeks. Otherwise there wouldn't be any need to postpone the whole tour. And the other hand the say that new dates will be announced soon. Therefore things don't seem to look too bad.

My simple guess is that something has happened during the rehearsals – some muscle strain, a broken bone etc

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 31, 2019 15:03

Or a displaced intervertebral disc? Back surgery is often benign but it requires lots of post-op rest.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 31, 2019 15:06

Maybe the best thing is to not speculate. Mick will be back and we will all be there going wild! For me my 47th Stones show.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 31, 2019 15:18

Hopefully he recovers soon.! If it is a muscle tear such as an ACL tear, as some ioorians suspect, phys rehab could engage months. It is all speculative at his point. I do not want to pry into any personal health situation.

Plans will have to be changed and no big deal - Health is paramount.

We will know when the time is right, which in my opinion should be given time.

Let's talk logistics after we know he is ok.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 31, 2019 15:38

Send It To me
The Sicilian

Desert Trip was outside

October 2016 private party at Gillette stadium was the last show in a USA stadium.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 15:42

virgil
Send It To me
The Sicilian

Desert Trip was outside

October 2016 private party at Gillette stadium was the last show in a USA stadium.

Well, technically speaking, yes grinning smiley

Posted by: luthor ()
Date: March 31, 2019 15:50

yes
keep it

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 31, 2019 15:55

lem motlow
Guys,relax.

I think your observations are spot on. The Stones have had decades to learn how to successfully perfect, market and craft their "brand." And yeah, this current health issue, whatever it is, could potentially produce an uptick in ticket sales for fans on the sidelines who may believe that this could be "the last time" so they can cross a Stones concert off their bucket list.

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: March 31, 2019 16:05

Last week I started to plan a New York trip, I have enough airline mileage for a free flight from Norway. I did not buy tickets last year because I have been sick for a while but now I felt ready.

I feel confident that Mick will beat whatever it is and be back as the statement says, and wish him best of luck.

When his back in business I will be there too.

Re: US/Canada Tour postponed!
Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 31, 2019 16:21

MisterDDDD
Of course, get well soon Mick.

But... what a drag.
Glad the tickets will be honored. Feel badly for those with air, hotels, etc booked that are not easily changed or refunded.

I always purchase cancellation insurance through TicketBastard for these big ticket shows.
I realize the band members are in their '70's and that these shows can be cancelled or postponed.
Your credit card company will always take your side if you dispute a charge.
Dispute any charge a hotel makes to your credit card. Your bank most likely will choose your side of the story.

And lastly: GET BETTER, MICK!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home