Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 30, 2019 23:18

He has the best doctors money can buy, that's the best anyone can wish for if you fall ill at that age. I wish him a full recovery. I hope the tour will actually happen, I'm not too sure about it at this point (but don't want to start any rumours, it's just that they are not getting any younger...).

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 23:27

keithsman
makustone
triceratops
Mick is going to spend a few months in Thailand getting special Chinese herbal medicine for what ails him. A blood disorder. Doing lots of Buddhist Vipassana meditation too. For amusement and relaxation he will be visiting the Muay Thai kickboxing academies that dot the landscape. Chinese herbal medicine takes 3-4 months to kick in.

My take anyway.

This is a joke or where did it come from if it was a rumor? it seems to me that today is not a day to go joking ... respect for Mick!

I was just thinking, when Keith broke his ribs after falling from his ladder in his library it wasn't a cancelled tour, and the same when he fell out of the coconut tree and had the brain hemorrhage, so it must be fairly serious, not the time to joke as you say makustone.

It ISN'T a cancelled tour. It's a postponed tour. They are expecting Mick to make a full recovery and the dates rescheduled. No abolute guarantees of course.

Date: March 30, 2019 23:30

Stones are hinting; ronnie says see you very soon, tour not cancelled but posponed etc.

Ofcourse this is very bad news but the way i see it they are optimistic.

Wish mick all the best and hope to see you soon

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 23:31

Keith's Twitter:

[twitter.com]

"A big disappointment for everyone but things need to be taken care of and we will see you soon. Mick, we are always there for you!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 23:31 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: March 30, 2019 23:39

Take very good care of yourself Mick.

Date: March 30, 2019 23:41

keithsman

I was just thinking, when Keith broke his ribs after falling from his ladder in his library it wasn't a cancelled tour, and the same when he fell out of the coconut tree and had the brain hemorrhage, so it must be fairly serious, not the time to joke as you say makustone.

Interesting thought, however it doesn't necessarily say something about Jagger's actual condition. In case of his the late girlfriend it were Jagger's emotional issues that made the Stones cancel a performance. It definitely tells us that the Stones as a performing band are totally lost without Jagger when he's not in good shape. The man has to deal with serious issues and tremendous responsibilities on his shoulders.

Best wishes and power to him.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 30, 2019 23:55

TheflyingDutchman
keithsman

Interesting thought, however it doesn't necessarily say something about Jagger's actual condition. In case of his the late girlfriend it were Jagger's emotional issues that made the Stones cancel a performance. It definitely tells us that the Stones as a performing band are totally lost without Jagger when he's not in good shape. The man has to deal with serious issues and tremendous responsibilities on his shoulders.

Best wishes and power to him.

Yes i agree, what worries me is the need for secrecy over his condition, most live acts will give a reason for postponing a whole tour, knee surgery, throat surgery etc, i find the fact that Mick has not explained the reason the tour has been postponed a bit unusual. Would a knee operation need to be kept secret, i suppose so i guess.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:02

Looks like you can still buy tickets on ticketmaster for chicago 1 and Jax - even after postponement...and I was trying to get Pit 2 for Jax for the past 2 weeks and kept saying "another fan beat me to the tickets" so all I could get was Pit 1 but now Pit 2 is available? That's strange...

Keith's message on twitter saying "a big disappointment for everyone BUT THINGS NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF...We will see you soon. Mick, we are always there for you!" seems promising

Most important is hoping Mick is OK as the rest doesn't really matter when it comes to a persons health when it is serious enough to have something like this happen.

Hope you're OK Mick and we can hear some promising news soon...

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:04

i see people posting about money.. yes many will lose lost of money because of postponding the tour. but its not important.. i just hope mick being ok soon again. if he needs rest thats ok. i can wait till 2020...

love you mick! you be ok smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:05

Best wishes to Sir Mick! Get well soon.

Re: US/Canada Tour postponed!
Posted by: freddierogers ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:14

Deltics
It's on his official Facebook page.
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:14

Unfortunately the tabloid press and media will be after Mick and any of The Stones and their entourage for info.
Just typed in a google search on Mick Jagger and saw two articles straight away in The Sun and The Mirror over here in U.K. that were complete speculation about his current health and in my opinion not true.
Any info on Micks medical condition will be a 'scoop' or 'exclusive' to any of the undesirable tabloids and magazines etc.
That's why I think it will not be too long before we know a bit more about why the tour is postponed, but lots of speculation beforehand.
I really hope Mick and his security etc. can keep all the press,media etc. out of the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 00:43 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:15

MizzAmandaJonez
Looks like you can still buy tickets on ticketmaster for chicago 1 and Jax - even after postponement...and I was trying to get Pit 2 for Jax for the past 2 weeks and kept saying "another fan beat me to the tickets" so all I could get was Pit 1 but now Pit 2 is available? That's strange...

Interesting.
In theory, with the promise of existing tickets being honored at the rescheduled shows, some may be able to scoop up returned pit tickets etc. at face value.

Date: March 31, 2019 00:17

Trainspottery ? What insensitive planet are you from ? Stupid ass comment

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:19

I just want Mick to be healthy. He has given more pleasure and comfort than you can imagine. Weather or not he plays music again is irrelevant to me. He has done enough and owes me nothing. Get well Mick and enjoy your life and family!!

Date: March 31, 2019 00:22

above comment meant for Deltics

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:29

Dont worry the media and paparazzi will have the scoop on mick in know time there ruthless.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:31

Keith could do an All New New Barbarians set at Jazzfest:

Keith
Ronnie
Zigaboo Modeliste
Stanley Clarke
Karl Denson

If Stanley Clarke doesn't want to participate, George Porter, Jr. would be a good substitute.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:36

Woz
I strongly suspect hip or knee issues that require either replacement or repair surgery.

No. If it was a replacement it would take over a year to be Mick again. Bad guess

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:37

freddierogers
Trainspottery ? What insensitive planet are you from ? Stupid ass comment

It's his signature line, it appears on all his posts. Many people have them. It's not a comment on this issue.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:45

[pagesix.com]

“A music industry source said doctors discovered Jagger had a health issue that needed immediate treatment as the band underwent their health checks for the tour.

The source explained, “Each member of The Stones was assessed by doctors, it is standard procedure before a tour to make sure the performers are healthy enough, but the doctor found something while conducting Mick’s health check.

“He has been advised to immediately seek medical treatment.” It was not immediately clear what the treatment entails or the nature of his health issue.

The source added that Jagger would be treated in the US and is expected to make a good recovery.

“This is not a serious thing,” a source close to the band insisted, noting that fans should keep hold of their tickets because The Stones are “in the process of rebooking” the 17 scrapped dates of their “No Filter” tour.”

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:46

Woz
onestep
Woz
I strongly suspect hip or knee issues that require either replacement or repair surgery.

Not likely, both of those procedures are well planned in advance, after trying physical therapy, shots, inflammation medications----and lack of cartilage, or arthritic problems would cause major discomfort quite a time before surgery. The man doesn't weigh very much as well --- his anatomic physical health and strength are well documented. This postponement is very last minute ....as we all know.

All I hope and pray for is Mick Jaggers health and well being ---

Well, I know from my own experience that I was fine one day and the next I tore my meniscus while running on a treadmill. Next thing I knew I lost 4 months of being able to run due to surgery, recovery/PT etc. If I had to put on a show like Jagger does, I would have had to cancel a tour for 4 months at least and I had no foreknowledge or symptoms like you reference. I'm 55.

I wish him the best and hope that it is a sports/athletic that is making him unable to physically "move like Jagger"

I only hope that's the case, a torn meniscus might do it --- but the joint replacement surgery, would be more along the lines of a good amount of physical notice, not a last minute postponement of the entire tour, after the rehearsal room was all set to go....a meniscus repair does go along with your experience.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 31, 2019 00:47

DrPete
I just want Mick to be healthy. He has given more pleasure and comfort than you can imagine. Weather or not he plays music again is irrelevant to me. He has done enough and owes me nothing. Get well Mick and enjoy your life and family!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 31, 2019 01:27

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 01:29 by alieb.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 31, 2019 01:35

Whatever it that is ailing Mick I wish him all the best!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 31, 2019 01:48

Maybe - while Mick is getting better - they can finish the new record and put it out before the tour.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 31, 2019 01:49

Woz
Whatever it that is ailing Mick I wish him all the best!

We all do. I keep looking at this thread title and waiting for it to change to:

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 31, 2019 01:52

Not that serious, but it's more than just a case of enlarged ego

- kidding - love ya, Mick! winking smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 31, 2019 01:52

Just got this from Ticketmaster...

Hi Rolling Stones Fan,
The Rolling Stones have announced the postponement of their No Filter Tour. The promoter is working on rescheduling your show now.

The Rolling Stones
Hard Rock Stadium
Saturday, April 20th at 7:30PM

NEW DATE: To Be Announced

Hang on to your tickets - we'll email you as soon as the new date is announced.

Questions? Please reply to this email, or get answers right now.

Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Snab ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:00

Interesting article:

[pagesix.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users